Chapter 3

Find the Voice Within
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  

CHAPTER 3

After having a quick lunch, Wendy rushed down to her classroom minutes before the bell rang with the usual surge of students along the corridor who were equally seems to be in rushed to get to their respective classroom just so that their won’t get scold or detention for being late.

“Miss Wendy, what are we doing this afternoon? And where’s the new friend that is going to join us today? ” Seulgi asked as soon as she saw Wendy walked into the classroom.

“We’re not going to do Mathematics like what Mr. Jokwon had said, right?” Joy pouted.

Wendy was amused seeing her students asked her wearily, “Unfortunately, No Seulgi. She’ll be joining us tomorrow. What did Mr. Jokwon said to you three while I was gone, Joy?”

“He said that if we acted up, Miss Wendy would punished us by asking us to do Mathematics for the whole afternoon,” Seulgi explained quickly.

“Really?” Wendy squinted her eyes observing the three girls in front of her to make sure they were not lying.

“Really miss,” Saeron said timidly.

“Did Mr. Jokwon said we’re bad, miss? I hope he didn’t lie because we behave really well just now,” Joy said not to forget to show her puppy eyes.

Wendy chuckled seeing Joy and replied, “You girls behave alright so we won’t be doing Mathematics this afternoon.”

The three girls’ giggled while pumped up a yes in satisfaction.

“Alright girls, settle down. We’ll be doing art,” Wendy said, “I want the three of you thinking of something. I want you to think of what makes you different from everyone else. For example, if I were to write a word about me, it would be smile. That is because I am always smiling. Petite because I am. Oh and loud too!”

This got the students to giggle and snort hearing what Wendy had said because it’s true she’s loud sometimes but in a good way.

“So now, I’m going to give you each a piece of paper for you and you can write down all those words that you think would make you different from everyone else,” Wendy explained while handing out the paper to the girls, “You can decorate the paper with stickers if you want to or color to brighten it up or both, even better! And please do not forget to put your name across on top left of your paper so then we can tell who we’re talking about when I pin them up on the board for tomorrow’s lesson. Is that clear, girls?”

They nodded in unison and then they hurried scattered away to grab the materials that they need at the corner of the classroom before they went back to their seat and start focusing on the task that were given to them. Wendy would then walked to each of the girls and had a one on one talk with them to know what they were up to in their everyday lives as well as if there were any problems that seems to be troubling them or something that bugged their mind and couldn’t get it off.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

 

Wendy was surprised to find that dinner was all ready being served on table when she walked into the kitchen. She found Irene was cooking and slowly went up to her to give her love a back hug, “What’s with all these food you’re preparing? Any occasion in particular because I remember none of it.”

Irene was smiling and turned around to give Wendy brief kiss before turning back to get her food ready, “I closed a big case today, that’s why.”

Wendy loosened the hug and went on to help Irene to put the dish on the table, “Oh really? How big are you talking about?”

“5 digits big,” Irene grinned and ushered Wendy to sit down along with her.

“Serious?” Wendy asked in bewilderment.

Irene nodded, still grinning from ear to ear, “Serious, babe!”

“Oh wow! I guess that’s something we should feast on,” Wendy said while looking at the food in front of her and giggled, “But not with these much, Bae! Are you trying to get me fat?”

“Are you being serious right now, Wendy Son Seungwan?” Irene asked her disbelief, “It’s only a pecking duck along with salads and pizza. Oh! Not to forget the wine too!”

“Correction, Miss Bae! It’s one whole pecking duck and pizza with a large bowl of salads and a bottle of wine. That’s like it could be serve up to six people, you know?” Wendy replied exasperatingly.

Irene giggled seeing Wendy being like that and cooed her down knowingly, “How about we share them with the kids in the orphanage? I heard there’s one new kid joining them though.”

Irene and Wendy had always been so active in volunteering to help out. They’d started volunteer since they’re in college. It’s not about what was given to them but it’s always about the smile and gratefulness they received whenever they volunteered to help. By the end of the day, they always had a sense of achievement once it’s done.

“Really? How did you know? You went there without me?” Wendy frowned.

“What? No! I passed by just now and saw the kids were playing around but couldn’t help to notice this one kid that was sitting on the bench by herself. She seems like her mind to be fully occupied but then there’s a blank expression on her face,” Irene explained while taking out the containers to fill the foods in.

What Irene had explained sounded oddly familiar to Wendy.

“Does she had a brunette hair perhaps?” Wendy asked.

“Yeah, she does have brunette hair and you know, though she have this blank expression, she have a pair of big eyes that makes her look so innocent and cute.”

“I think I already figure out who she is,” Wendy smile knowing that she’s going to see Yerim outside of school.

“You do? How? Irene looked at her in suspicion.

“Come on! Let’s pack up and hurry there while I explain to you inside the car,” Wendy said without wasting time.

It took them about 10 minutes to walk to the orphanage and when they walked into the orphanage, they were greeted by a bunch of kids who seems to be so happy to see the couple there.

“Miss Bae! Miss Wendy! We miss you two so much! It’s been a long time, hasn’t it?” said one of the kids while they lead the couple to the dining room.

“I brought ducks, salads and pizzas for you guys! Come on now, let’s have a seat and enjoy the dinner,” Irene said while ushering the kids to seat still.

However, Wendy was looking around to see if there’s a certain brunette in the room and found none of it. She turned to find the caretaker and was surprised to see Kahi walked into the room.

“Oh, Miss Wendy! Hello! Didn’t know I’ll be bumping into you this soon,” Kahi smiled.

“Where’s Solar? I thought she’s the one in charge in this orphanage?” Wendy asked.

“Right. I forgot to tell you that Solar had resigned to further her studies. So right now, I’m the one in charge everything in this house unless I was to call out then I’ll have to call in any temporary staff who is available,” Kahi said.

“So… uhhmm… Where is Yerim? I didn’t see her around here,” Wendy eyes were still wildly looking around while Irene had settled in the seat with other kids eating while talking to them.

“She’s inside her bedroom. She d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter