Chapter 1

Find the Voice Within
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 1

Wendy was having a nice dream when someone shake her body violently, “Wendy! Wendy babe, wake up! You’re going to be late for school.”

“What time is it, Bae?” Wendy asked groggily while trying to sit up.

“It’s almost half past six. I thought you said that you have morning meeting with your colleagues today,” Bae Joohyun said.

“What? No, it’s not today, you silly! It’s tomorrow. Well, supposed it is today but the principal decide to change it last minute and told us to reschedule it to tomorrow,” Wendy smiled as her eyes is now staring at her beautiful half, Bae Joohyun.

“Really?! You could have told me about it yesterday. So much of a hard work to wake you up today,” Joohyun said dreadfully and plopping herself back on the bed beside Wendy.

Wendy giggled seeing Irene grunted after all her hard work waking her up going to waste. She brought her finger up to trace Irene’s jawline and her nose, eyes before her finger slowly trace her lips, “Are you mad, Bae?”

“No, it’s just that I had a long day yesterday dealing with this one stubborn client,” Irene said with her eyes close still, “And why can’t we just get an alarm clock rather than me having to wake you up every morning?”

“You know I hate alarm clock. That’s the most annoying thing a person can invent,” Wendy said while rolling her eyes before she decided to place a kiss on Irene’s lips, “Good morning, by the way. That kiss is a present for your effort to waking me up.”

Wendy then stood up, “Anyway, I’ll get myself ready. I’ll be downstairs in 20 minutes.”

Irene stood up and immediately going downstairs while shouting, “I’ll be in the kitchen. I’ll reheat our breakfast.”

Wendy Son Seungwan and Irene Bae Joohyun are a cute little couple. Wendy is a teacher; not just any normal teacher nor a discipline teacher but a teacher that is specialize in dealing with problematic kids in the school. She loves her job so much that she sometimes would come back late than Irene would do. Irene on the other hand, is an insurance agent. Hence, her times are mostly flexible compare to Wendy who have to follow the school time and this why Irene is always going to be Wendy’s personal alarm clock.

After getting ready, Wendy went downstairs along with her satchel over her shoulder and entered the kitchen, “What are we having for breakfast?”

“Pancakes and hot chocolate,” Irene grinned as she place the food in front of Wendy, “Tada! With strawberries and syrup in the middle.”

Wendy look at those pancakes and went awe when she noticed the ‘I love you’ words in the middle of the pancakes, “Those looks lovely, Bae!”

Wendy turned to look at Irene and planted a kiss on her cheek before Irene decide to join her for breakfast.

“So who’s that one stubborn client you’re talking about again?” Wendy started a conversation while enjoying their breakfast.

“You know that woman who worked in the orphanage? Yeah, she’s the one,” Irene explained while eating.

Wendy nodded her head as she didn’t ponder much on about it.

They went back into silence and enjoy eating until it’s time for them to make a move.

“Would you like me to drive you today or are you going to go on your own?” Irene asked as she cleaned up the table and washed the dishes.

“It’s okay. I’ll drive today. You could have a rest later if you’re home early,” Wendy said, planting a kiss on cheek before she headed out to the garage.

“See you later,” Irene shouted from inside the house while waving excitedly to Wendy.

“Dork! I love Monday,” Wendy giggled while she drove her way to school.

 

Upon arriving at school, she was greeted by shrieks and yells synonymous to what Monday would sound like. It’s very normal indeed.

“Morning, Miss Son!”

“Miss Son, how’s your weekend? I thought I saw you out in the park with Miss Bae! She’s so pretty.”

“Miss Son, can I go to your room later? I don’t feel like entering Mathematics and PE class later.”

 

“There there, lovelies! We have ample of times to catch up later, won’t we? Right now, why don’t you go to class for registration? Class is about to start in few minutes, you wouldn’t want to get detention on Monday now, do you?” Wendy smiled at those kids while gesturing them to scurry away to their respective classes.

While the kids we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter