Chapter 14

Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Tucking Eunbin into bed as she continued crying, Eunhae patted her head, thinking desperately to himself how he could make her feel better. He had always held his father to highest regard, but tonight he had never felt so disgusted with him before. He was also disappointed at his mother for not defending his sister.

 

Tucking a piece of hair behind her ears, and taking a piece of tissue to dab her tears, he whispered “Woori dongsaeng, is there anything oppa can do to make you feel better? Do you want some egg cake?” He said, trying to cheer her up. Eunbin shook her head as she sink herself further into the sheets.

 

Seeing his beloved sister behave this way was like a knife cutting through his heart. “ Oppa wants you to know, no matter what you do, who you like, as long as you are happy, I am happy. I only want the best for you” he whispered. “Can you tell me more about this Sooyeon person?”

 

Peeking out from her sheets, she studied her brother’s earnest face for a while before getting up, wiping her tears away with her forearm. Smiling at how cute she looked at that moment, Eunhae brought the whole box of tissue to her. Thanking him, she finally stopped sniffing. “I met her while I was trying to find some old books for my collection…”

 

***

Now leaning against the headboard of her bed, Eunhae let out a sigh as he looked at his sister whom had fallen asleep on his shoulder after she finished her story. This Sooyeon person is definitely a good person. To put Eunbin before her in that situation, and to continue to love her despite everything that has happened. He was not sure if he could have done the same. From the way his sister told their tale, he also knew that this time around, she had the courage that she lacked a year ago.

 

Moving her to lie on her pillow, he felt determined to support his sister no matter what in this fight, even if it means that he would have to clash directly with his father. Offing the light as he closed the door, he went to his parents’ bedroom. After knocking on the door, he ente

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter