Chapter 5

Every rose has it's thorns

In the meantime, Yifan had gotten his phone out and dialed Yixing's number. Luckily, the younger picked up quickly. 

"Hey babe, what's up?" Yixing asked.

"Where are you right now?" Yifan asked. 

"Um, I'm on my way home. I'll be home in about 5 minutes." Yixing said, clearly startled by the panic in Yifan's voice. 

"Okay. Please come down to the police station." Yifan said. He'd feel much more safe knowing that Yixing was okay.

"Okay. I'll just drop of the groceries at home first." Yixing said.

"No, come to the police station now. As in right now." Yifan said. 

"Okay, I'll be there in about 20 minutes." Yixing said. 

"Okay. Hurry, okay. I love you." Yifan said.

"I love you too." Came the reply, before the call was ended.

 

A few meters away, Junmyeon and Minseok were looking at the text. 

"Who is that person in the picture. He looks cute." Junmyeon said.

"I wouldn't say that out loud if I was you. That is Yifan's fiancée, Yixing. If you value your life, and certain parts of your body, you best keep your eyes of of him." Minseok said. Junmyeon thought he was joking about the 'value your life' thing at first, but when Minseok's eyes showed no humor in that moment, Junmyeon got scared. 

"Got it." Was Junmyeon's only reply. 

 

Exactly 20 minutes later, Yixing walked through the door to the police station. Yifan stood up from his desk and wrapped the younger in his arms. 
"What's going on?" Yixing asked.

"It's the case that we're working on. The murderer texted me a picture of you in the grocery store." Yifan said quietly. He felt Yixing slightly stiffen in his arms. 

"I'm arranging for you to be under protection at all times. I promise, I won't let anything happen to you." Yifan said.

"I'm holding you to that promise." Yixing whispered, only just loudly enough for Yifan to hear. 


AN: Another chapter. I won't be able to update for a while, about a week or two probably. My life is kinda messy right now. Lots of homework, not enough time. But I'll update as soon as possible, when I have the next chapter ready. Thanks for reading, and please subscribe, upvote and comment❤️