Chapter 12

Every rose has it's thorns

Yifan picked up his phone, while keeping his eyes on the road, and dialed a familiar number. 
"Yifan, what's up? Are you on your way to the station?" Luhan asked when he picked up. 
"I lied to you. I'm sorry, but it was the only way to get Yixing back." Yifan said, he felt terrible. Not only had he lied to his friends, but he had also allowed a serial killer to walk. 
"It's okay." Luhan said. 
"What? No it's not okay. I let a serial killer get away." Yifan said. He heard Luhan chuckle on the other end of the line. 
"You idiot. You really thought we'd just leave you alone? We have already arrested him, and we're on our way to the station, with the evidence in safe hands." Luhan said, and Yifan could hear the proudness in his voice. 
"Thank god. I'm on my way to get Yixing. Will you send an ambulance after me, just in case...?" Yifan asked, not really wanting to finish the sentence. 
"Of course. See you later, good luck." Luhan said, before hanging up. 

And then it happened. The adrenaline last few hours was wearing off. He no longer had to catch a murderer. Suddenly, the worry for his fiancée's safety returned. What if Yixing had been hurt? What if he had bleeding out somewhere? What if he was already dead? 

Yifan didn't want to think of it, but he couldn't help it. He felt guilty for not worrying more. He felt guilty for worrying about a murderer getting away, when his true love had been kidnapped, and was possibly dead. 

Within 20 minutes, Yifan reached a parking lot, in front of a storage department. He got out of the car in a matter of seconds, and ran towards the building, without even locking the car. 

'Room 265' Yifan chanted in his head.

259
260
261
262
263
264
265

Yifan already had the key in his hand, jamming it into the keyhole and turning it. 

The room was completely dark, only the light from the lamps outside lit up the room. As Yifan stepped into the room, he noticed a small figure huddled in the corner of the small room. 
"Yifan? Is that you?" A weak voice asked. Yifan ran towards the figure, or rather, Yixing. The younger's face was paler than usual, but beside that, he seemed to be mostly okay. Yifan pulled out a pocketknife from his jacket and quickly cut the bonds tying Yixing hands together. 

As soon as he was free, Yixing flung his arms around Yifan's neck, while the orders arms found their way around Yixing's waist. 
"Are you okay? I was so worried." Yifan whispered. Although he tried to hide it, Yixing could hear the lump in his throat as tears threatened to spill over. 
"I'm okay. I'm okay." Yixing repeated. 

-------------
An: I'm a terrible author. I'm so sorry, and I know I've said this a hundred times, but I'm still sorry. I keep letting all of you down. Please don't hate me.❤️