Chapter 13 - final

Every rose has it's thorns

Around 30 minutes later, Luhan, Sehun and Minseok  arrived at the place. The others had stayed back to handle the LSM, or in the case of Jongin and Kyungsoo, to make out. 

When the 3 of them arrived, the sight that met them were equally parts heartbreaking and relieving. 

Yifan was sitting in the back of an ambulance, holding Yixing close to him as if the younger would disappear if he loosened his grip the least. But what hit the three newcomers most were the tears spilling down Yifan's cheeks. They had rarely seen the older man shed tears, so this was a whole new kind of unsettling. They watched from afar as the paramedics spoke to Yifan and then closed the doors to the ambulance, before driving away, leaving the three of them standing there. 


About a week later, things had almost returned to normal. The police officers had finished the paperwork, taking a bit longer than needed, as they knew that as soon as the paperwork was done, the Koreans would have to go home. But they couldn't hold it of forever, and they now found themselves standing in the airport, saying goodbye. 

"It was nice meeting you." Junmyeon said as he shook Yifan's hand, in a sort of leader-to-leader exchange. 
"Likewise. I hope our teams will cross paths some other time." Yifan said. He was sure they would. When you go through scary situations together, you have a special bond. 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun were standing a little from the others, talking to Jongdae and Minseok. 
"Good luck later on." Chanyeol said. Minseok and Jongdae looked at him. 
"With what?" Jongdae asked. 
"Well, when your leader returns to normal, he will probably kill your boyfriend for having seen him cry." Baekhyun laughed.
"He...he's not my boyfriend." Jongdae quickly defended, earning a knowing look from both of the Koreans. 

"I'm gonna miss you." Luhan said. 
"I'll miss you too." Sehun said, a bit shyly. He had never been the shy kind of guy, until he met the angel-faced boy in front of him. 
"Can I see your phone for a minute?" Luhan asked. Sehun hesitantly took out his cellphone and gave it to Luhan. The older began typing on his phone. 
"What are you doing?" Sehun asked. Luhan gave him back his phone. 
"Now you have my number. Call me once in a while, okay?" Luhan said. Sehun hadn't noticed just how close the 2 of them were standing, before Luhan leaned up and pecked his cheek, leaving him flustered. 

"Okay, we should probably get going, or the plane is going to leave without us." Junmyeon said, calling together s. As he looked around, he realized that he was 2 men short. 
"Where the heck has Jongin and Kyungsoo gone now?" The Korean leader sighed. The others began laughing. The laughing intensified 10 seconds later, when the 2 people in question exited a nearby bathroom. 
"You know what? I don't even want to know." Junmyeon said, exasperated.

As the Korean team ascended the stair towards their gate, they looked down unto the 6 people standing down there. And it was as if they were communicating telepathically. .

They might live in different countries and speak different languages. But they all knew that they had made friends for life.


------------------
An: Yes, finally. The final chapter is done. I'm sorry for taking so long in finishing this story. I have been battling writers block several times during this story, and some chapters didn't turn out like I wanted them to. 

I'm not going to write another EXO story for a while. I have other stories in the making at the moment, so I hope some of you will stick around and read those as well. 

Thank you to my faithful subscribers, who have stayed with me through this time with irregular updates and long waits. And also thank you to all the readers who have just read a chapter or 2. 

I hope to see all of you again on some of my other stories❤ ️