Chapter 1

Every rose has it's thorns

Yifan finished the last of the paperwork for the day. He sighed as he leant back in his office chair. Being a police officer demanded a lot of paperwork, but being the leader of the team demanded a lot more. One of the younger officers, Zitao, walked by. 
"You look tired boss. Is the age getting to you?" Zitao, or Tao, said. If they had been any different, Tao would have never said something like that to his boss. But the two of them were like brothers. They had to be. Their relationship could mean life or death in the field.

"Wait a few years, and you will feel it to." Yifan replied. 

"You're going home now, or do you want to go for a drink with me and Jongdae, Minseok and Luhan?" Tao asked, but deep down already knowing the answer. 

"Can't. Yixing is cooking dinner tonight, and I promised to go straight back after work." Yifan said. Then, three other officers appeared. One had an absolute babyface. The other two looked a bit uncomfortable about their conversation in Chinese. Jongdae and Minseok were originally Korean, but they had been part of an exchange program a few years back, and then they just decided to stay. But they still weren't completely fluent in Chinese.

"Oooh, our boss is getting some." Luhan said with an expression full of amusement. 

"And you wish you were." Yifan countered. Luhan decided to stay quiet after that, much to the amusement of his coworkers.

"I should get home now." Yifan said, grabbing his jacket.

"Have fun." Tao said, winking at him.

"Kids. All of you." Yifan said, leading to laughter throughout the room. Yifan put on his jacket and headed towards his car.

 

When he stepped through the door, the scent of food assaulted his senses. Yifan inhaled the nice smell and headed towards the kitchen. His fiancé, Yixing, was standing in the kitchen, back turned to him. Yifan used his skills and snuck up on the younger, putting his arms around his waist.

"I'm home." Yifan said, kissing Yixing's cheek. Yixing laughed.

"I know, I heard you at the front door. You can't surprise me anymore." The younger said, turning around an putting his arms around his fiancé' neck. 

"How was your day?" Yifan asked. Yifan may look and act badass at various crime scenes and at the police station. But at home, he turned into a giant marshmallow, all thanks to Yixing. 

"It was okay." Yixing said. 

"If you don't start experiencing anything exciting at work, I'm going to suspect that you're  cheating on me, and not even going to work." Yifan teased, brushing a strand of hair out of Yixing's face. 

"You know I only have eyes for one man. How was your day?" Yixing asked, placing the food on the table. 

"It was quite uneventful. Nothing new came up." Yifan said. 

"That's good, right? It means that the city is relatively safe. Right?" 

"Yeah, but there's always the calm before the storm." Yifan said. 

"Hey, babe, it's going to be okay. You're going to catch the bad guy. Like usual." Yixing sounded optimistic, like always. But Yifan wasn't so sure about it.


An: the first chapter is up. If you want to, you can go check out my Hunhan fic. Please comment, upvote and subscribe❤️