Chapter 26

18 Years Old Mother

 

“Oppa, igeo eottae? (How about this?)” Seo Yeon lifted up the white rabbit headband and showed it to him.

“Cute.” He said shortly and looked to other stuffs.

“Oppa!” she stomped her feet, forcing him to look at her. Ji Min smiled as he turned around to see that pink lips curled to a pout with her puffed cheeks.

“Aigoo, my baby is so cute.” He pinched that cheek. She pouted even more and avoided his eyes. “What’s wrong, hm?” he cupped her cheeks as he lowered her face to look at her in the eyes.

“You’re ignoring me.” she almost cried. “We come here to spend some times together but what you do since we arrive here was minding your own business. If you are that busy you shouldn’t accept my invite to come here.” She slowly pushed away his hand from her face.

“I don’t want you to trouble yourself.”

“Sorry. I didn’t mean to do that.” he smiled as he slowly turned her face to him. “Forgive me, ne?”

“Sirheo!” she looked away. Ji Min chuckled as he turned her once again.

“Please?” he blinked his eyes for a couple times and he noticed her cheeks slowly glowed to shades of pink.

 

___________________________________________________________________________

 

“Ahjumma,” she bowed. “Kamsahamnida.”

“Aniya.” She waved her hand a bit. “It’s okay though. You’re like my daughter anyway.” Seo Yeon smiled shyly as she rub her neck.

“I shall go now.” She bowed once again, excused herself. “You should go inside too. It’s old outside here.”

“Jin, won’t you walk her home?” Mrs. Kim asked her son. “It’s kind of dangerous for a girl to go home by herself.” She spoke.

“Aniyo,” Seo Yeon quickly refused. “It’s just 11 in the morning though. There will be many people around so don’t worry.”

“Ani.” she crossed her arms to X. “Kim Seok Jin, be gentleman. Walk her home. Make sure she already inside when you leave.”

“Ne.” Jin obediently said.

“Ani-” Seo Yeon words cut as Jin pulled her hand to force her to walk. She was quiet shock for a moment but she quickly turned around to bow at Mrs. Kim before looked in front back. Soon, Jin let go of her wrist and they walked beside each other.

“You don’t remember anything about last night?”

“Nope.” She shook her head. “Wae? Is there something I should?”

“Where are you last night? At least when you still conscious?” he asked.

“Oh, I’m at-” she paused. “Wait.” She lifted her palm. “Are you saying that, when I met, you, I’m… unconscious?”

“Well, sort of.” He agreed.

“Jinjjayo? I don’t remember anything of that.” she grazed her head slightly.

“You don’t remember anything of that I think,”

“Ah, such a waste.” Jin sighed.

“What is?” she questioned.

“You should know how stupid you’re looking.” He laughed. Seo Yeon who really doesn’t remember a thing of it, frowned as she tried so hard to memorize it.

“Stupid?” Jin nodded eagerly at her question. He chuckled seeing her confuse expression and walked further than her.

“Jin-ah, tell me.” she jogged and finally caught up to him. “Tell me what happened last night when you met me.”

“How could I know that?” he asked her back. “You’re in that condition when I met you.”

“So how could you know I was there?”

“You call to me.” he answered simply.

“I did?”

“Yup.” He replied. “If you don’t believe in me, check your calls log.” She fished her cellphone out and checked it. And he was right, she really did call him last night.

“Heol.” She heaved a sigh. “I wonder why I didn’t remember any of this.”

“Dwasseo.(Enough of it.// Forget it.)” he spoke. “If it was important, there is no way for you to forget it.”

“Yeah,” she agreed. “You’re right. I’ll remember it whenever anyways.” Jin smiled a little at her. But truth to be told, he was kinda afraid of the reality. The reality that he was thinking for a quiet while. The reality that he knew by hook or by crook, will hurt him.