Chapter 25

18 Years Old Mother

Chapter 25

 

Seo Yeon opened her eyes just to see unusual place she was at. Then she felt her head striking with pain. She quickly held her head as she tried to bear the pain. She rested her palm on her forehead as the pain kept hitting her brain. She felt her brain may explode anytime from now. She felt something weird on her hand and as she looked at it, her brows formed a v shape. Her palm and fingers are full of bandages.

Where am I?

She asked herself and eyed the room. Pink curtains, pink study desk, pink bed pink bed sheet.

No way…

She shook her head, forcing to accept the unquestionable truth.

No way… I’m dreaming right?

But as soon as she saw the picture of his at the lamp table,

Gosh! I’m dead! I am at … HIS ROOM?!

The door creaked and Seo Yeon quickly hid her body and face under the blanket. She peeped through a little space and saw a woman came in.

“Honey? Are you awake?” she sounded nice as she opened the blanket.

“Ne…” she mumbled as her cheeks flushed in pink.

“Come downstairs.” She invited. “I’ve prepare soup for you to sober up.” she smiled warmly. “Besides, Jin was there.”

JIN?! HOLY ! What should I do???!!!!

 

___________________________________________________________________________

 

Seo Yeon followed the woman downstairs and she led her to the kitchen.

“Here.” She showed the chair. “Take a seat.” Seo Yeon shyly sat down and the woman brought her a bowl of soup. The smell was very strong so she winced a bit as the aroma gushed inside her nose.

“This is a herbal soup.” She spoke. “Although it doesn’t smell nice, it will help you to sober you up.”

“N-ne.” Seo Yeon nodded, feeling embarrass that she realized her expression. She slowly took the spoon and began to sip the soup.

She told Jin is here? So where is he now?

Seo Yeon silently looked around to find him but he just nowhere to be seen.

“Jin?” she asked while stretch her head beyond her head.

Aish, she realized that too?

“Are you not finish yet?” she asked, a little loud so that he could hear her.

“I’m finish!” Seo Yeon turned around to see the shirtless Jin with his lower body cover with only pink towel. He was drying his hair by running his hand through his wet hair. The water dripped from the tip of his hair to the thin air.

“Pfft!” Seo Yeon almost spat the soup but she quickly covered it with her hand. She looked away from the embarrassing sight and her face burned to a dark red.

“Aish, this boy!” That woman almost shouted as she lift her hand as if she was going to hit him. “Go get your clothes! She’s shy right now!”

Seo Yeon gulped down her saliva and her heart suddenly beat fast as if there were no tomorrow. Jin chuckled and he made his steps upstairs. After the sound of his steps happen to be outrange, Seo Yeon finally felt her heart rate became slowly decreasing.

“Huh…” she calmed herself down.

“I’m sorry.” That woman looked at her apologetically. “He had that habit since he was child.”

“Aniyo.” Seo Yeon smiled a little. “It’s okay.” Then she realized.

What am I saying? IT’S OKAY?! She probably got the wrong idea.

“I- I mean…” her voice trembled. “I mean… I mean…”

You mean what Kim Seo Yeon? Tell her? YOU MEAN WHAT?!

“I mean…”

“It’s okay.” That woman said. “I got it. Don’t worry.” She chuckled.

Her chuckle was the same as Jin’s. By any chance…

“Are you Jin… eomma?” she asked carefully.

“Yes, I am.” She answered while smiling.

She even got the same smile…

“Our Jin is sometimes annoying, right?” she laughed.

“Ah, n-nae…” she smiled but obviously nervously.

“He’s always like that. I hope you didn’t mind. That’s a strange hobby of his; teasing people.”

“I don’t deny that.” she replied. “He was like that since our first meet though.” Seo Yeon slowly felt comfortable since Jin’s eomma wasn’t someone that stern and strict like other mothers she knew.

“He does that to the people he likes.”

Likes? Does it mean… No, Seo Yeon! What have got into you! Stop thinking ridiculous things already!

“I see…” she rubbed her neck. Suddenly footsteps heard from behind. Seo Yeon became fascinatingly nervous. The steps became nearer and nearer when Jin sat beside her. She gulped down her spit once again and brushed her nails inside her skin. But something felt different. This scent… it was too familiar… peculiarly familiar…

“Aunty, what do you cook today?” Seo Yeon felt an electric strike through his body when her eyes widened in fear. Why Jin called his mom as aunty? He supposed to address her as ‘eomma’ right? Unless, of course, it wasn’t Jin.

“Oh, just regular sandwich.” She took some of it and placed it on a plate before handed it to him. “Here, eat up, Ji Min.”

Ji Min… Ji Min… Ji Min… Ji Min…

The name kept repeating inside her mind as if Jin’s mother was saying it constantly and she was unable to think about anything else. Just his name was clinging beautifully on her ears. It brought a lot of pain but it worth it.

“Kamsahamnida.” Ji Min spoke before started eating. Slowly, Seo Yeon felt her eyes warmed up. Ji Min felt so near to her. Although not as near as before when they were hugging or kissing each other but it was still near. The fact about the presence of the word ‘still’ pained her. She STILL can’t move on.

“Are you and our Jin a couple?” Mrs. Kim’s question startled her. But not only her, Ji Min as well. He stopped eating right away and secretly waited for her respond.

“Ne?”

“He really took care of you last night.” She smiled. “He never be that nice to anybody else though. It’s the first time I saw him treat a girl like that.”

“Keugeo… it’s not like what you think ahjumma.” She denied. Mrs. Kim smiled meaningfully to her.

“Morning.” Jin appeared from nowhere and greeted. Seo Yeon felt her blood began to surge to her cheeks. Jin went to his mother and kissed her on the forehead.

“Morning.” Mrs. Kim replied and smiled. Jin took a seat beside his mother which was in front of Ji Min.

“Eo, Ji Min. Morning.”

“Hmm.” He just hummed and refused to exchange any smile with him. He continued to stuff his mouth fully with the sandwich.

“Are you feeling better?” Jin suddenly threw a question to the silent Seo Yeon.

“Eo? Ne. Better.” She replied awkwardly. Jin scoffed as he shook his head. He took a slice of bread and spread some strawberry jam on it.

“Do you remember about last night?” he asked, not looking at her as he kept focusing on his bread.

“I don’t know… My head ached so much last night and my hand… are full of bandages.” Ji Min quickly rolled his eyes to her hand.

It must from last night…

He wished he was the one that took care of her, he was the one that put the medicine for her, he was the one that look after her but it wasn’t more than imagination. Just a kid dream that wouldn’t be reality.

“You’re so…awful last night.” He finished spreading the jam and folded it to a triangular shape. “You’re hand were bleeding, drunken condition and even my mom have to change your clothes for you.”

“Ah, chwesonghamnida.” She sheepishly smiled while biting her lower lips as she bowed down to Mrs. Kim.

“Ani, gwaenchana.” she spoke. “You’re my future daughter in-law anyways.”

“Eomma, mwohanya? (what are you talking about?)” Mrs. Kim grinned.

Ji Min just kept eating, ignoring his surroundings and the happy atmosphere they were talking about. Uh, I mean, pretending to ignore. He wanted to do not take into account whatever their conversation is but he can’t help but to listen.

“I never wanted to be with such childish girl.” Jin smirked to Seo Yeon.

“Bo? You think I want to? Please. That will never happen for God’s sake!” for some seconds, she forgot about her, sitting next to her ex-boyfriend.

“Are you sure?” Jin sneered. “Are you sure you wouldn’t fall for me?”

“Geez. If one day, the whole population of boys in this world already extinct and there isn’t no one to marry with but you,” she pointed her index finger to him. “I’ll rather die.”

“Ah, jinjja?” Jin asked teasingly. “How can you be so sure?”

“Of course I am.” She spoke proudly. “I’m so sure about everything.”

“You don’t, Seo Yeon. If you did, you wouldn’t be so hurt.” Ji Min eyes widened. He felt that the sentence was meant to him. If someone asked if he was offended with that statement, he was. Seo Yeon’s hurt and no one caused that but him. He realized it but it almost too late.

“You look so cute together.” Mrs. Kim clasped her hands and smiled pleasantly.

“I’m done.” Ji Min put the glass on the table and caused some noise heard. The three shut up right away due to his sudden action. He was like putting some anger inside. He walked upstairs and when to his room.

“Ah, our Ji Min was acting weird lately.” Mrs. Kim shook her head. Seo Yeon was slightly taken aback with Ji Min action earlier.

Is he angry?