Chapter 54

18 Years Old Mother

Chapter 54

 

As Seo Yeon was walking to the school, a car stopped right next to her, causing her to flinch a bit after the screeching break sound. She ducked her head a little to the window and the window slowly opened.

“Do you want oppa to send you to school?” Peniel stretched his head a bit from the driver seat. Seo Yeon smiled sweetly and nodded.

“So how things going in school?” Peniel asked.

“Well, okay.” She answered shortly.

“Geunde, geu mwoya? [But, what is that?]” Peniel asked as he looked to the black bag that she carried behind her.

“Ah, igeo? [Oh, this?]” she lifted it a little. “Naui guitar-ya. [It’s my guitar.]”

“Guitar? Mwoga? [For what?]”

“I have music performance today. It’s a special assignment to get into the Music Special Class.”

“Special Class?”

“Yup. If I am able to join that class, I can have special music education.”

“Jinjja?”

“Ne. Nan, geu jukgo sipeosseo. [I want it so deadly.]”

“Ah, geurae? Anyway, do you already decide what course you’ll be taking next year?” he asked again, without his eyes leaving the wheel.

“Mollayo. [I don’t know.]”

“Ajikdo? [Not yet?]”

“Oppa know that I want to make music, right?” she said. Between the other Min Hyuk’s friends, the closest one is Peniel. It wasn’t like the others weren’t close to her but Peniel, is a little bit closer. 10% lesser than Min Hyuk. The 10% is actually including not sharing bed, no morning kisses, no back-hug, no too much approach, no bursting into each other room in the night and no not-siblings-affection. But she really trusted him that she almost told all of her secrets to him. Almost. And he used to be her first crush too.

“Not thinking about business? Min Hyuk really wants you to do it.”

“Uh-uh.” She slightly shook her head. “Oppa should know that I can’t do well in that field.”

“And you can do well in music?”

“Well, I don’t try yet.”

“And you don’t try in business also-janha.” Peniel crossed. “It’s the same thing. How can you be so sure?”

Peniel’s car stopped in front of the school gate. As he stopped the car, he looked to Seo Yeon who was by his side, on the passenger area.

“Ajik saenggakhaedo. [I’m still thinking of it though.]”

“Keureomyeon, jal saenggakhae. [So, think properly.]”

Seo Yeon sighed heavily. “Arasseo.” She opened the door and turned to Peniel. “You should keep going, oppa.” Peniel nodded and he smiled warmly.

“Fighting!” Peniel clenched his two fist, showing encouragement.

“Ne!” she nodded and Peniel drove off. She waited until Peniel’s car went out of sight before going into the school area when someone hit her at the shoulder.

“Ack! Jinjja-ish.” She then realized the students were running passed her and went to the front door of the school. Then she heard a loud screaming of girls’ voice all around the school.

“Mwoya igeo? [What’s that?]” She looked at the crowded area and shrugged. “None of my business.”

She walked away to the west division to go inside through the door at the west wing.

___________________________________________________________________________

 

“Eomma,” he called.

“I am busy right now. I’ll call you later, arasseo?”

“Haven’t you got any time tonight?”

“Mollayo.  I’m busy with the new contract right now.” She answered it quickly on the other line. She was probably tapping her feet on the floor, waiting him to end the call and didn’t disturb her anymore. Like always.

“Eomma geunde, [But mum,]”

“Ganda! [I’m hanging up!]”

“Geunde, oneureun- [But, today-]”

Beep. The line went off.

“Naui saengil-iya. [My birthday though.]” He finished his sentence.

He dropped his hand to his side and scoffed, feeling both funny and pity to himself.

“You sure have some expectation, Oh Se Hun.”

Then he suddenly heard a girl’s voice at the end of the hallway. He looked to his left and right and found nobody. Slowly, he walked toward the very end of the hallway.

___________________________________________________________________________

 

“Aish!” she stomped her feet hard to the floor as she ruffled her hair into a messy condition that she almost looked like a crazy woman.

“Na eotteohke?! Na jugneunda! [What should I do? I’m dead meat!]” She hit her feet to the floor that it probably cracks. But she didn’t care anymore.

“Do they need to sabotage this too? It was for my performance-geoya!” she wasn’t putting pointless accusation but obviously it was someone else work. To fail her. She double-checked the strings and tune before she went to bed last night and even checked it in the early morning and everything’s good. She took a deep breath and shortly exhaled before sat down, leaning to the wall and started examining the strings of her guitar. If it was cut at the end of the strings, she still can hook it up to the tuner even though the strings will be too tight. But if someone really wanted to sabotage her, they should have done it that way right? Cutting the strings in the middle of it.

“Aish!” She hopelessly hit her head to the concrete wall. “Na eotteohke? [What should I do?]” her voice was sounding low, since she was facing downward and still got her head on the wall.

“This is like my last hope.” She spoke to herself. “Do they need to snatch it away too?” she sighed heavily and closed her eyes. She wanted to cry but the tears won’t come out.

Without she realized, someone was watching everything from the second floor, through the stair house.