Chapter 55

18 Years Old Mother

Chapter 55

 

“Lee Seo Yeon?” the teacher called.

“Ne?”

“An deullyeo? [Don’t you hear?]” the teacher raised her voice a little. “I’m calling your name 6 times already!”

“Ne, chwesonghamnida. [I’m sorry.]” She bowed a little, hopelessly.

“Ppali. [Hurry up.]”

“Ye?”

“Hurry up in front and present your performance-janha!” She said firmly.

“Seongsaemnim, chwesonghamnida. [Teacher, I’m sorry.]”

“Deo?! [Again?!]”

“Naui-guitar-” she tried to explain.

“Dwaesseo. [Forget it.]” she dropped the book harshly on the desk. “Lee Seo Yeon, it was already 4 times including last month.” She crossed her arms. “If you didn’t want to do it, you should just said it right away. So that I can cancel your name in the list and you don’t have to make performance anymore and don’t have the chances to join in the Music Special Class anymore.”

“Aniyo seong-”

“And no excuse anymore.” She shook her head. “If you cause this kind of trouble more in the future,” she took a deep breath before continue. “You’re eliminated.”

___________________________________________________________________________

 

Jin obviously skipped his first, second and third class. His bag was there, lying helplessly on his chair beside her but he wasn’t there. It was impossible if he just went home right away or didn’t come at all since she saw Jung Kook at the back of the class and Tae Hyung somewhere. In the end, she needed to endure all those ‘praising’ by herself without anyone comforting her and no one to talk to. But it wasn’t like she didn’t use to it.

Since the students already knew her spot at the rooftop that they actually made it as THEIR spot, she couldn’t hang there anymore. But it didn’t has anyone copyright so she didn’t care that much even though this mean that she gonna lose one of her most sleeping port.

She looked at the hallway and saw no one was coming this way so she went to the back of the school which faced the not-so-much forest. It was only some place with human-made greenie to, of course, just make it greener.

She exhaled heavily as she sat down.

“Should I try business instead?” she asked herself. “Aniya. Andwae. Mothae. Anigeoya. Hal suga eobseo! [No. No way. I can’t. This can’t be it. Like hell I can do it!]”

She stomped her ankle to the floor since she was putting her legs forward.

“But I don’t want my first option is business. I really have no interest into it though. Anyway, I never learnt business or took economy class. My major is music and art anyhow. So how will I do well in business? Min Hyuk oppa will has his company bankrupt in that way. I’m thinking of together benefits-geodeun. Then why he kept forcing me-janha!” she spoke to herself, making her looked more like crazy woman that just escaped the asylum last night.

She crossed her legs and supported her chin with her palm.

“Nan micheonabwa. [I must be crazy already.]” She looked at her watch and found that it still got 15 minutes before the class start. She yawned and slowly closed her eyes.

___________________________________________________________________________

 

Seo Yeon suddenly heard a loud noise causing her to jump a bit.

“Mwoya~” she rubbed her eyes and yawned as she peeked her watch.

“What the f- I’m late!” she quickly took her bag and quickly stood up and ran as fast as she could to her class. In the other hand, he stopped the music playing in his phone and smile.

“So death metal music will wake her up.” He whispered to himself and scoffed. He put his hands inside his pocket and looked to the first floor from the second floor just to find a small blue journal.

“Oh, it hers.”

___________________________________________________________________________

 

Seo Yeon ran toward her class and when she almost grabbed the knob, the bell rang and the students bursted out from the class. She held her head in frustration and hit it.

“Aish!” she bit her lower lip and turned around, spiritless made her feet to her locker as she looked to the floor while walking.

“Oh,” a girl’s voice heard. “Seo Yeon?” she looked up just to find some kinda familiar face in front.

“Lee Seo Yeon, right?” she pointed her finger to her.

“Oh,” she left speechless. “Ne, annyeonghasaeyo.” That girl laughed a little.

___________________________________________________________________________

 

“Ah, Min Hyuk oppa dongsaeng study here?” she asked excitedly.

“Ne.” she smiled awkwardly. “Anyway, eonnie, what are you doing here?”

“Ah~” she nodded her head. “Starting from tomorrow, this is my new school.”

“New school?”

“Ne. Appa wants me to do well in school if I want to inherit the company. He said that I need to get good grades and further my study in economic field.”

“Geureoguna… [I see…]”

“So we’ll be schoolmates, right?”

“Yeah, of course.” She faked a small smile.

“Seo Yeon-ah!” she turned back just to find Jin waving his hand toward her direction. She waved back and Jin quickly jogged to her.

“So how’s the-”

“Jin?” Jin looked at the girl in front of Seo Yeon and his eyes widened.

They know each other?

“Kim Seok Jin?!” she asked with her risen tone.

“Jung Hae- Seong?” Hae Seong nodded quickly as she stood up and jumped to Jin and hugged him. Her legs were wrapping his back and her arms were around his neck. Driving some attention from the students which was uncomfortable sight to see. But Seo Yeon was  the most uncomfortable one. She had to admit she felt weird feelings inside her stomach that make her feel sick and dizzy.

Hae Seong jumped off from him and stared at him. Both unbelievably gaze and pleased.

“Noona what are you doing here?”

Noona?

“I’ll be schooling here, of course!” she playfully it her chest and laughed.

“Jinjja? [Really?]” He asked. Hae Seong nodded and smiled widely. “That’s great!”

“I know right!”

For a while, Seo Yeon felt like she was the third wheel. She felt like a stranger. She felt like an outsider. She felt like a unfamiliar person. She felt abandoned and… that she didn’t belong there.

Soon, the two talked a lot of things with each other and she found out that she was his childhood bestfriend. Yeah, right. Childhood bestfriend, huh? They talked about all the memories and things they done together when they were still toddler. She laughed. He laughed. And Seo Yeon just sat there and smiled bitterly when one of them glanced at her, wanting for her response. But she really didn’t say anything.

She looked down to her phone and opened a music app. She intentionally played a random song and stopped when it just played for 5 seconds. She put it to her ear, pretending as if she was talking to someone.

“Ne? Jinjja? I’ll be there soon.” She spoke to her phone, as if there was another person talking to her on the other line. She quickly took her things while still have the phone at her ear and pulled her bag with her and rushed out from the cafeteria without saying goodbyes or excuse herself. It was hard already to just speak.

And they really don’t realize her disappearance.