Chapter 27

18 Years Old Mother

Chapter 27

 

“Have you copy all the notes the board?” the teacher asked as he put his marker down.

“Ne.” the students replied in unison.

“Okay, heads up. I have something to tell you.” He clapped his hand for a couple times and the students lifted up their head to face him.

“I have both bad news and good news.” He spoke. “Which would you like to listen first?” The students began to guessing what the teacher was trying to tell them.

“Bad news should go first.” Seo Yeon mumbled as she twisted the pen between her fingers.

“Shouldn’t we hear good one first?” Jin suddenly interrupted. Being already known by Jin’s un-invite-able conversation specialty, she just went along.

“But we can make it up ourselves when we could hear the good after the bad one.”

“What if the bad one is important?” he argued. “We should keep our mind stick to it. If you listen to the good one after that, you’ll forget the bad one.”

“That is what we want to.” She disagreed. “Forget the bad news and covered with the good one.”

“Not everyone will forget the bad news.” He replied and it sounded a little harsh. “If it was bad enough to the point almost destroy their lives.”

“Eh?” she asked. “Mwohanya?” she slightly pushed his arm. “Why are you being so serious?”

“Okay, I’ll tell you the bad one first.” The teacher decided. “The bad one is, you’ll have a packed schedule for you summer break.”

The class hollered [TTS] and growled [EXO] in dissatisfaction. They began to complain about the sudden news with seriously, no joking anger.

“What?! I already plan my vacation with my family!”

“! This summer should be the time we rest!”

“What the hell?! It is still not enough to make us study like a good little nerd?!”

“This is what you want to remember?” Seo Yeon spoke as she smirked. Surprisingly, Jin didn’t argue back. He just sat there while crossing his arm. There wasn’t any sign of emotion on his face.

“Calm down, class.” The teacher made some gestures with his hand, asking the students to keep quiet. “The good news is, the reason why you’ll need to cancel all your programs is,” the students waited for the teacher’s next sentence in nervousness.

“We’ll be having a trip at a preserve forest!” The mood lightened up as they began to plan their activities during the trip. The class became even noisier. But not for Seo Yeon, she began to think why Jin suddenly acted unknowingly cold.

Have I done wrong? As I remember, I didn’t do anything. He was fine yesterday though.

“Okay, class, dismiss.” The teacher said, collecting his stuffs before went out. The students also were still in the talk about the trip when they went out. Seo Yeon began to keep her stuff in her bag but couldn’t help her eyes from glancing at him. Jin seemed to be in rush. He just stuffed his things inside his bag without saying anything to her which she found uncomfortable.

Should I say something? Should I ask him?

She lifted her head to face him, opened up to say something but without saying a thing, Jin headed out from the class, leaving her with opened.

“Bye…” she spoke to herself before sighed heavily.

What the heck? Is he on his period or something?!

 

___________________________________________________________________________

 

“I’m home” Seo Yeon said weakly as she untied her shoe laces. She went inside to see her usual brother’s friend.

“Oh, annyeong!” Peniel approached her as he wrapped his arms around her. Peniel was the closest to her among the others. He was like the second brother to her.

“Hmm.” She hummed as she smiled faintly to him. He pulled her arms and went to the sofa. He held her shoulder and made her to sit down.

“Where is Min Hyuk oppa and Sung Jae oppa?” she asked since she didn’t see the sign of the two boys anywhere in the living room.

“Aish, look at that sad face.” Il Hoon said as he sighed. “What’s wrong, Seo Yeonnie?”

“Aniyo, oppa.” She shook her head and tried her best to smile as bright as she could. “Nothing’s wrong.”

“You know what,” Hyun Sik crossed his arm. “You are still bad on lying just like when you’re 6.”

“Geurae.” Chang Sub butted in. “Look at all the ‘problem’ words all over her face.” He swirled his index finger to her face.

“It’s nothing. Jinjja.” She convinced them to believe her which soon will fail. They knew her since she was child and that awful style of lying wouldn’t help her to cover anything.

“Just tell us.” Eun Kwang spoke. “Who knows we might be able to help you.”

“I don’t know.” She pouted.

“Then tell us, we’ll let you know.” Il Hoon replied.

“Move! Move! The food is here!” Sung Jae shouted when he appeared from nowhere. The boys moved themselves and Sung Jae put the tray of foods on the table. Soon, Min Hyuk came from the kitchen and joined them at the living room.

“You cook early today oppa.” Seo Yeon said as she realized Min Hyuk prepared the food 2 hours earlier than usual.

“Of course. I need to fill these 6 empty stomachs which didn’t know how to buy themselves some fast food.” The boys grinned innocently as they began to eat.

“Seo Yeonnie, eat up.” Hyun Sik spoke. Seo Yeon stood up.

“Ani, gwaenchanaeyo. I am already full.” She said. “Oppadeul, please eat well.” She bowed before went upstairs.

“Seriously, dude. You should talk to her.” Eun Kwang said as he elbowed Min Hyuk who was sitting beside him.

“Yeah, maybe I should.”

 

___________________________________________________________________________

 

Seo Yeon looked at the wall full of her family pictures before changed her posture and looked at the door. After a while, she changed again and lying to face the window. Her mind was in fuss and she felt a little worry.

What have I done? I must have done something to the point he didn’t talk to me. Is it because of that night? Gosh, why can’t I remember it? Come on, memories… come back.

She mentally hit her head, hoping for her mind to remember but it didn’t help at all. Suddenly, she heard a soft knock on her door.

“Can I come in?” Min Hyuk voice heard.

“Hm.” She hummed a little loud to make sure him hear. Min Hyuk twisted the knob and entered her room without closing the door.

“Are the oppa already back?” Min Hyuk nodded a little.

“What’s wrong with my baby lately?” he her head slowly. She smiled feebly as a respond. “Something wrong in school?” she shook her head. “Friends?” She shook again. “Boyfriend?” Again. she shook her head. Their bond between siblings is too strong to the point that Min Hyuk guessed everything right. School, friends and boyfriend. She had problems with all those three. Then her mind snapped with something.

Boyfriend? Am I still having that thing?

“So what make you come home with that duck face?” he asked carefully.

“Maybe because my oppa didn’t remember his promise to take me on a date.” She smirked.

“Date?” his brows turned to a v shape. “Ah!” he snapped his finger. “I forgot, really.” He sighed feeling blameworthy. “Sorry?”

“Uh-uh. No sorry until we go to watch movie, arasseo?” she said firmly.

“Okay, okay. This weekend. Promise.”