Run

Save Me

“Jimin! Where are you?” Jhope screamed, immediately panicking after the sudden darkness.

“I'm right here but, where’s everybody else?” Jimin called, starting to get worried for everyone else. They had just gotten reunited.

“I don't know.” Jhope replied with a furrow of his brows, he then saw light in the form of a light grey sky.

It was raining and cold breeze was in the air.

“Jhope, we need to get out of here!” Jimin tugged on the boy’s sleeve, as memories of his parents’ deaths were re-emerging in the back of his mind.

“Don't worry we'll get out of here.”  Jhope said determined. He was trying not to remember the accident, but then he saw a car coming. And suddenly they were on the road watching as the car, their family car lost control and crashed beside them.

“No!” Jimin wailed as the image of their parents dying was now as tangible as it could be and it was right in front of him.

“Jimin, don't look!” Jhope held back his tears as he attempted to cover Jimin’s eyes.

“You monster!” Jimin screamed into the sky.

“Jimin, don't let this get to you that's what he wants! He wants to see us suffer so, we can never escape from here!” Jhope told him, pulling his shirt collar to shake some sense into Jimin.

“Okay, let's leave.” Jimin spoke up after he breathed heavily as if attempting to compose himself. He kept his jaw clenched willing himself not to stare at the direction of his parents.

As they walked everything went away. No rain, no cold breeze and no car. They had almost reached the exit, but seeing no one, Jimin and Jhope settled down on the ground. Jhope threw an arm around Jimin and they exchanged weak smiles as they waited for the others.


“Suga?” Jungkook yelled out Suga’s name almost instinctively.

“I'm right here.” Suga’s low calm tone resounded near Jungkook and the boy felt at ease. “I don't see anybody else here. Where'd they go?”

Before Jungkook could reply they were suddenly cast into light and their old house was arounf them.

Then suddenly the horrid image of their parents about to die was playing out in front of them.

“Jungkook! Don't look!” Suga covered Jungkook’s eyes with his hand.

He, however, failed to cover his own and suddenly the murder brought in a rush of emotions. Frustration, anguish, and fury scorched through his blood. He was filled with animosity at the injustice. At his weak self not being able to do anything.

Why hadn’t he been there? Why hadn’t he done something?

“They killed them...” Suga whispered. His voice then rose and suddenly he was screaming.

“Suga! Don't let this get to you!” Jungkook pulled Suga’s hand off and pulled him into an embrace. “This isn’t real. Brother please…”

Suga softened into the hug and nodded through Jungkook’s shoulder. Furious tears fell onto Jungkook’s shoulder until Suga had spent all he could.

Their house vanished from their sight and suddenly they were by an exit. Suga looked up and saw Jimin and Jhope sitting by the door.

“Suga, Jungkook! Are you guys okay?” Jhope asked then saw Suga’s angry expression.

“Suga, it's okay. I'm still here with you.” Jungkook kept an arm around Suga’s shoulder.

“So that's how they died...” The older boy murmured and Jungkook pulled him into another hug.

“Don't worry, we're going to leave this place so, the memories can't hurt you, but first we have to wait for the others okay?”Jungkook comforted the boy. He found it strange seeing as Suga had always been the one there for him.

“Okay.” Suga nodded wiping his eyes and looking very small in the moment. Smaller than Jungkook had remembered. He knew then, it was time to be the bigger brother. If only for a moment. He sat beside Jhope and Jimin and let Suga lean his head onto his shoulder. They sat in silence.


“Jin? Someone?”

V felt like he had wandered in darkness for hours.

He couldn't find anyone and was starting to get scared the panick causing him to break into a run. He then saw he had run into his house.

The same yellowed walls with the peeling wallpaper. The same creaky furniture and leaky sinks and roofs.

He stood frozen as he witnessed his father hitting his sister, a bottle clutched on his other hand.

“Leave her alone!” V screamed grabbing a nearby emptied bottle. The bottle slipped out of his grasp and landed on the floor. It shattered creating a jagged edge. V scrambled to pick it up and ran at his father. He stabbed him, repeatedly.

“This is for all the years of abuse to me and her!” He screamed as the bottle went into the man’s side over and over. V felt a rush of adrenaline and sick satisfaction.

“V, what are you doing?! Stop it, you're killing him!” V’s sister attempted to intercept but V was on a roll. V wasn’t coherent. It was like an out of body experience. He felt the bottle jerk forward as his sister gasped in pain.

“No,I didn't mean to hurt you! I'm sorry!”

Blood was everywhere, it pooled onto the floor and was lathered on his hands on him. He stared at the floor, the bodies of his dad and his sister staring up at him.

“No...No!” He fell backwards and stared back at his hands. He wiped them hurriedly as if willing for the blood to disappear. “It's not real, it’s not…”

He willed himself to turn around and run.

“It’s not real!” He yelled and as he ran light shined. A door emerged and a group of people were by the exit.

Relief made him cry out as he dashed to them.

He was then in Jhope’s arms.

“It's okay V, you're okay.” Jhope soothed, patting him on the back.

I’ll never be okay, V wanted to say. But that’s okay.

As long as he had his brothers, he would live.


Rap Monster was back home with his family.

“Take out the trash will you rat!” The roar of his step-dad ringing in his ears.

“I'm not a rat!” Rap Monster yelled back, clenching his fists.

“I said take out the trash!” Rap Monster’s step-dad hit him in the face with a hard slap.

The insults, the pain, the constant anger and stink of alcohol flooded Rap Monster’s mind. It had practically been his childhood until...

“I've had enough of this!” Rap Monster snapped, racing up to his room and packing his stuff. He would find his mother.

His mother who had left years back and deserted him with this garbage of a man. Bitter resentment towards his mother filled his heart and mouth tasting foul.

“Where are you going?” Rap Monster’s step-dad shouted. It came out as a drunken slur and the man collapsed on an armchair as Rap Monster ignored him, walking out with a backpack and suitcase in hand.

If he couldn’t find her, he would find somewhere.

Anywhere.

“That's the past.” Rap Monster said, letting go of the suitcase. He glanced down watching it fall but not hitting the ground. Instead it faded away. He looked over his shoulder as the house he had lived in for so long faded into light. It disappeared to reveal his friends.

They called him over and Rap Monster couldn’t fight the dimpled smile that made his way to his lips.

“Glad to see you Rap Monster.” Suga gave a small smile in return. His eyes were slightly swollen as if he had been crying, but the younger boy didn’t comment.

He knew he didn’t have such a struggle as the others did and he was more than willing to be the supportive friend.

He gave them boy a side hug.

“Now we have to wait for Jin.” Jungkook spoke up.

Everyone agreed with a nod.


“Everyone?” Jin raised his eyebrows, scanning the darkness. His eyes squinted as he was flooded with a warm orange light. He was at his old home, his mom was sitting by the fireplace reading him a bedtime story. He was warm and cozy as he had felt when he was child.

His mother stopped abruptly as the sound of someone stomping into the house was heard. Jin was ushered into a closet.

“Stay here, Jin.” His mom whispered and left him there checking to see who came in their home.

“Be careful.” Jin called quietly after her.

“Who are you? No! Please stop! Ahhh!” Jin’s mother screamed then it stopped. Jin saw a man blunder into his room looking around to see if anyone else was here then, looked at the closet. Jin hid himself by putting all the old clothes and toys he had on top of him. He slowed his breathing, hoping the man wouldn’t hear him.  

“I was the one who killed her, Jin.”  The man yanked all the clothes and things that were on top of him and grabbed him by the neck, choking him.

“No,don't hurt me! Please!” Jin blurted out, still feeling like a child. He met the man’s eyes fear turning into shock with the realization it was the doctor.

The doctor killed his mom.

“I've killed her but,I didn't get a chance to kill you. But,now you're all alone and defenseless.” The doctor sneered and positioned a knife below Jin’s neck.

“Help me!” Jin pleaded then closed his eyes. He gave his last cries and kicks. There was no way he would go out without some type of struggle. His kicking knocked the doctor away from him. The man fell knocking the knife away to the floor. Jin landed on the ground and crawled to  the knife.

He stabbed the man with it.

“This is for my mother!” He called.

“I guess you all escaped from you past but, no matter where you are, it will always haunt you.” The doctor gasped out. He then fell to the floor, letting a final breath come out before dying. Blood gushed out of the wound, nearly reaching Jin’s feet.

He stepped back and his home disappeared.

Jin saw his hands were full of blood and was still holding the knife for dear life. He dropped it beside the doctor and ran ahead.

“Jin! You're okay!” Jungkook pulled the man into a hug.

“Why are you covered in blood Jin?” Jhope asked, curious.

“You killed him,didn't you?” V said, knowing what Jin had done.

“He was going to kill me first and he was the one who killed my mother...” Jin mumbled, about to cry.

He hadn’t wanted to hurt anyone, no matter how much he hated.

“It's okay. You're not a murder like me.” V smirked. “ I killed my family out of anger but, you killed him for self defense.”

V wiped the blood off of Jin and onto his shirt then smiled, he was a murderer. It was time to accept.

He knew his friends still accepted him for who he is no matter what he had done in the past and he was slowly trying to accept himself as well. Jin smiled back and nodded.

“Let's get out of here Jin.” Suga said, pulling out his familiar lighter and lighting the place up in flames.

“Okay.” Jin agreed. For once no one denied Suga’s arsonist tendency.

Everyone left the place burning into flames. The fire almost burning up the terrible pasts they had all held onto for so long.


“Pack your stuff Jungkook. We're leaving somewhere else.” Suga announced, packing his own stuff and organizing what things they would place in their new home.

Jungkook nodded, and packed quickly.

He rushed out once he had his stuff set and began loading them to the trunk of the truck.

“Come on, we’re behind schedule!” Jin shouted and honked the truck horn from the driver’s seat.

“Yeah, yeah we hear you Jin.” Rap Monster called with a smile, the stick of his lollipop sticking out on the side of his mouth. He nearly tripped on his way to the truck, clutching the boxes in his hands with all his might. Jin let out a laugh at the sight and Rap Monster offered him a chuckle in response, before ducking his head in embarrassment.


“Come on Jimin!” Jhope knocked on the bathroom door waiting for Jimin to get out of the shower.

“Alright!” Jimin came out of the shower and put on some fresh clothes.

“Taking cold baths again, Jimin?” Jhope narrowed his eyes as he followed the boy into the bedroom.

“Nope!” Jimin smiled, messing with his wet hair.

Jhope touched Jimin’s shoulder and felt it was warm. Wet, but warm.

“I'm proud of you.” J-Hope hugged Jimin then they got all their stuff ready. A honk alerted them of Jin’s arrival and they exchanged smiles before leaving out the door.


“Wait here.” Jin ordered, leaving the truck in charge to Rap Monster. He went into his house and began shoving his things into boxes.

While he was packing up, he saw an old picture of him and his mother. He then saw another picture of him and everyone else together by the beach.

“Good times.” Jin smiled.

He rummaged through a box then pulled out his old camera, checking to see if there was enough film to take more pictures.

For new memories, he thought fondly.


“We're here!” Jimin and Taehyung hollered with joy as Jin turned off the truck, parking it in the forest of their new home.

“Finally, away from all the dangers in our lives.” Jungkook smiled, sitting down on the familiar old couch.

“Yeah, you said it Jungkook.” Suga chuckled, sitting beside him.

“Now we can be ourselves again.”  Jhope yawned and laid down on the couch.

“Yeah, it's good to be us again.” Jimin agreed.

“I just got a call back from my old boss. He wants me to go back to work! I'm starting again next Friday!”said Rap Monster ran up to them happiness radiating off of him.

“That's good news! Let's celebrate!” V hollered.

“But, first one picture.” Jin called, taking out his camera from his bag.

“I haven't seen that old camera in years.” Jimin smiled.

“Remember, this is the camera that took our first group picture at the beach.” Jin said, blowing away the dust from the camera.

“Okay, one picture!” Jungkook stood excited and sat on top of the couch letting Rap Monster slide in beside Suga. Everyone squeezed in on one couch, leading to smiles and shouts of laughter.

“Get ready in 3...2...1 say cheese!” Jin called, holding the camera and taking the picture. The photo immediately printed out from the top of the camera. They waited a few minutes as the picture developed.

“It looks great!” V commented as it finished.

“Just like old times. Right Jin?” Jungkook asked.

“Yeah, now let's go celebrate!” Jin smiled.

They all cheered and rushed to the truck.  

Jin drove them through the old haunts and as they came to the tunnel, everyone screamed loudly. Their voices bouncing off the tunnel walls. They were happy to be back again.

As long as they had each other, it seemed as if they were finally free of their pasts.


A/N: It's the last chapter! Thank you to all who subscribed. It was fun!