Epilogue

Save Me

Jin headed straight to the forest it was their carefree place, where they have bonfires sometimes or have Jin play his own videotape recordings, going over their recent shenanigans.

This was also the place where Jin had first met everyone, accidentally recording them, causing a new habit to form from the boy. Since then, all he had done was videotape their adventures.

As they neared the forest Jin could sense everyone's anticipation, it was always nice to be in the place where they could all hang out and not have to worry about their behavior.


As soon as they arrived, everyone got out of the truck and went to do their own things. Jhope took to the sofa that was close to the unlit bonfire, already curling up for a nap. Suga and Jimin began playing cards on the other sofa that was siting parallel to the first one. Both V and Jungkook were playing sword fighting, while Rap Monster was getting food from the trunk of the truck, he had obviously been saving it for a time like this.

Jin got his video camera and began taping all around him. Occasionally filming the things everyone was doing, taking the occasional pictures. He liked to cherish these moments, they were carefree innocent memories, memories without darkness.


As nightfall fell, Suga lighted the bonfire with his lighter which earned him a mock applause form the group earning them a small smirk from his lips.

He then sat back, turning the lighter on and off, trying hard to distract himself from his struggles in the past. The fire always seemed to bring them up, igniting some kind of flashback trigger.

Rap Monster handed out drinks and snacks as they put on one of Jin’s recordings in the background. It earned Jin an occasional comment from someone, but other than that it faded into the back of their minds.

While everyone was enjoying the quiet atmosphere, Jin glanced through his old photos that he had taken in the past. He awoke Jhope who had been starting to nod off, then showed him a photo of the beach. “Jhope, shall we go there?”

Jhope nodded.

Jin showed the photo to everyone else and they all nodded in agreement.

Jungkook who was now nestled in the lap of Suga glanced at the man's apprehensive face. He frowned then turned to look at the nervous tic Suga had of lighting his lighter on and off. When the older man left it on for a while, Jungkook leaned over and blew the light away. Suga glanced down at him and they exchanged smiles.


That next morning, everyone except Jin who was driving, slept in the truck until they arrived to the beach. As soon as the truck stopped, the group of boys stepped out and ran to the water wetting each other.

While Jin recorded them, he noticed V looking at the unfinished tower that was beside the ocean. He sensed a feeling of dread but pushed it away looked back to the others.


Jungkook raced to the bridge where he would always looked at the view of the ocean and remembered wanting to fly away like one of the seagulls. He couldn't leave his friends or Suga behind though, so, he decided to stay on rooted to the ground.

“I still wish I could fly away from here and my problems.”

He then closed his eyes as Suga came to sit down next to him.

“I wish I could fly away from my problems too, Jungkook.” He said with a yawn.

He then got up and left to the truck, but not before giving the younger boy a pat on the back.

Jungkook stood up with a stretch and went to the side porch that was close to the unfinished tower, he laid down on it with a sigh. Jin went over, camera in hand.

“Jungkook, what are you doing?” He asked, zooming the camera in on the boy's face.

“Laying down and thinking about stuff.” Jungkook replied, his eyes closed.

“Well, let me think with you then Jungkook.” Jin said, sitting next to Jungkook and pointed his camera at the ocean.

Slowly one by one the others joined them, laughing and smiling at each other.


V looked at the others as he stood up, put up his hoodie over his head then, climbed the unfinished tower. He reached the top and stood there looking at the beautiful quiet view.

Jin saw V on top of the tower and he pointed his camera to confirm it.

Everybody else noticed and called him to come down, motioning with their hands.

V glanced down at them, his expression in deep thought. He wasn't thinking about coming down, he wasn't thinking about his group of friends who seemed almost like brothers. He was thinking about the last time he had seen his family alive.

He wiped his tears on his hoodie sleeve then closed his eyes.

Before he could think again he started running and jumped.

He couldn't hear his friend's shouts of panic, all he could hear was the wind whistling and the ocean waves roaring as he fell down to the ocean.


Once V hit the water, he wasn't coming back up.

Everyone dived into the water in desperation. They finally saw him floating on the ocean surface and dragged him to land.

They took him to their hangout at the forest, Jin driving impossibly fast.

Once there laid him down on a couch and let him rest.

“V, why did you do this?” Jin scolded the boy in his sleep. He then patted the boy's head and walked to join the others.


Three hours later, V woke up coughing and spitting out ocean water. He sat up stiffly, his body ached but he was otherwise miraculously okay. He glanced around and spotted Jhope sleeping in a fetus position on the opposite couch.

“Jhope, wake up!” He called.

Jhope glared at V. “Be quiet and leave me alone. I'm trying to sleep here.”

He then turned around.

“But, Jhope where is everyone?” V asked.

“They went to the gas station to get more snacks since we ran out.” Jhope mumbled.

“Oh, okay,” said V. “Good night Jhope.”

It fell upon deaf ears since Jhope had already fallen asleep again.

V waited for the others, sitting idly on the couch, and when they finally arrived they looked surprised to see V awake.

Rap Monster punched V in the arm. “What the hell were you thinking V?! Were you trying to scare us?!

We thought you were going to die!” Rap Monster snapped. “What were you trying to do to yourself V?”

V looked down and his lap then replied quietly. “I was trying to escape my problems.” He started crying, tears streaming down his face. “Let’s face it, I can't undo what I have done.”

Jin sat beside V.

“If you were to die we would miss you. I said this before many times but, you have us and we won't leave your side V.” He then pulled the boy into a comforting hug, ignoring the shaking of Rap Monster's head.

“I'll go start the bonfire then...” Suga spoke up, backing away awkwardly. The others dispersed one by one offering reassuring messages and gestures.

Jin pulled away from the hug and looked at V worriedly. “I had a feeling that you would think of doing something reckless like that but, I never thought you would actually do it.”

V didn't reply and looked at his fingers on his lap instead.

Jin then walked off to play one of his recordings, taking a seat beside Jimin.

V went along but, he sat away from them and looked at the bonfire crackling in the night, regretting his actions. Regretting everything.


Jhope woke up, and he saw everyone was asleep.

“Aww, man why did I have to wake up late now,I can't go back to sleep!” He complained to himself.

He watched one of Jin’s recordings, ate a bag of chips then, fell asleep again.


Morning came up and everyone woke up except for V and Jhope.

Jin shook V's shoulder. “V, wake up we're going back home.”

V stood up stretching and yawning. “Alright then, wake up Jhope too.” He reminded the older boy.

Jin nodded and shook Jhope, but the boy remained deep in sleep. V and Jin exchanged chuckles of amusement.

Jin then leaned over and pulled Jhope into his arms. “Ahh, Jhope. What are we gonna do with our Jhope?” He said smiling with V. He carried the boy to the truck's back seat and put a blanket on him then, shut the door.

Once everyone was ready to go Jin started driving back home then, dropped everyone off to their homes. He almost headed for V's neighborhood before swerving to a different street. If the boy noticed he made no comment reaming silent in the back seat the entire ride.

When Jin arrived to Jimin and Jhope's place, Jimin and V carried Jhope inside. V giving Jin a halfhearted smile goodbye. 


Please leave me comments ^_^!