Let Me Know

Save Me

Jungkook left his house to buy food for the month, but as he was walking down the sidewalk he accidentally bumped into a familiar figure.

It was the leader!

He turned around and spotted Jungkook, then began chasing him.

Jungkook ran as hard as he could almost feel the leader's breath on his neck. He was then pulled by the hoodie and yanked side to side. He was smacked against the walls of a market and the leader then proceeded to beat him senseless. Others emerged from the shadows and once the leader and his group were done they left him there, hurting.

It took a while but, finally Jungkook got up on his feet and crossed the street hastily.

He didn't have time to react and only saw the bright headlights as car came at him.

Then it all went black for him.


At home, Jhope woke up and went downstairs to make himself a sandwich. As he got out his bread his phone rang.

It was Jin saying something bad happened to Jungkook. He was then told to come outside.

Jhope called both V and Jimin and explained the situation. They ran out to meet Jin and the others who were already in the truck, then they sped straight to the hospital.

Once they arrived, they saw Jungkook had barely arrived to the hospital from the ambulance.

There was blood and bruises all over his face.

Jin was crying thinking he was dead, while Suga felt sick seeing Jungkook like this.

He pushed the others away and ran outside to throw up.

When he came back in he was in tears.

“Why? Why did it had to happen to Jungkook?!” He struggled to catch his gasping breath.

“I already lost my dad and sister, now I can't lose him too! I can't!” V also broke down, crying. He clung to Jin who tried to comfort the younger boy.

Suga was hitting the floor in anger, both J-Hope and Jimin pulling Suga up in an attempt to calm him down.

“Everything is going to be okay, remember this is Jungkook we’re talking about he wouldn't give up that easy.” Jimin said to Suga.

“Even if he did, he would never want to see us like this.” Jhope added. trying to also hold his tears back.

“He's got a point. Jungkook would never give up on us, he has been there for us and we've been there for him.” Rap Monster spoke up.

They all agreed quietly.


When everyone had calmed down, the doctor came in and questioned them.

“Are you with the young man who had the accident?”

Jin responded back. “Yes, we're his friends.”

“What happened to him?” Jimin asked.

Everyone tensed, some expecting the worst.

“Well your friend was hit by a car and has wounds everywhere all over his body. We found the culprits and reported them to the authorities. It seems it was on purposed. It was a gang that often wanders around the area of the crime scene. They ran over your friend.”

“I hope when they get out I see them. I'll send them to hell for doing this to Jungkook!” Suga spat.

Rap Monster put a hand on Suga's shoulder. “They're going to be in jail and most likely will stay there for the rest of their lives for what they did to Jungkook.” He told the older boy and handed him a lollipop.

“You're right Rap Monster.” Suga then grimaced. “I'm supposed to be the reasonable apathetic one here, but I guess you can be it for now.” He smiled at Rap Monster and placed the lollipop in his mouth.

“He's still in shock and would most likely have to stay in bed for the next few months due to his injuries, also he'll probably be sleeping a lot due to the medication, so I recommend you all to keep an eye on him.” The doctor said. He then turned to leave, but seemed to remember something else he needed to say and turned back. “One more thing before I leave, the accident maybe cause some trauma and he'll most likely have flashbacks of it so, keep a close eye on him to be able to help him through.”

“Of course.” They all nodded to the doctor.

He smiled then left to get a release form signed to let Jungkook go home.


After everyone got out of the hospital and went to Jungkook’s house, they all stayed and some went to grab groceries for Jin to bake a pizza with. Homemade pizza seemed like just the thing to lift their spirits.

V was the only one who stayed with Jungkook in his room, refusing to leave the boy's side.

V looked at Jungkook. The boy's face was a canvas of purples and blues and reds.

“I'm glad you stuck around Jungkook. We all thought the worst. We thought we would lose you.”

The boy's eyes were close and V figured he had fallen asleep. He got up to leave but heard a small voice speak.

“V, it hurts so much.”

V rushed to Jungkook's side. “Hey I know, take some medicine. Here.” He handed Jungkook some pills and a glass of water that was beside his bedside.

“Did they found who out who run me over?” Jungkook asked, taking his pills.

“Yeah...” V looked down. He hoped Jungkook wouldn't get to riled up. “It...It was the guy and his gang.”

“The guys who beat me up?” The younger boy could tell from the way V refused to meet his eye that he was right. It was him...them...

“Yeah, but, they are in jail now!” V replied. “So, you won't get beat up anymore Jungkook!”

Jungkook smiled slightly at the older boy's optimism.

V then managed a smile and got up to leave, sensing the boy was tired.

“That's good. See you later V.”

Jungkook called after him then shut his eyes, his breathing slowly coming to a steady rhythm.

“See you later Jungkook.” V whispered, then closed his bedroom door.

He went downstairs, everyone else had come back with the ingredients to make pizza.

“Just in time, I thought I was going to go crazy with hunger.” He joked.

Jhope yawned from the couch. “Well, be happy we came back now. How's Jungkook, is he okay?”

“Yeah, he's fine, he's sleeping.” V replied taking a seat beside Jhope.


Jin was almost done preparing the meal, he told V to help him cut the toppings for the pizza which V thought of a busywork, but he was grateful the older man was paying so much attention to him.

It sadly reminded him of his sister.

Jin was then put the finishing touches and then once it was baked they ate it.

The boys ate ravenously, grabbing slice after slice. Jin scolded them and managed to yank a slice of pizza

Jin took the slice for Jungkook.

As he walked in then he saw Jungkook was turning from side to side.

Was he having a flashback?

Jin came closer and listened to Jungkook's cries.

It wasn't about his accident, it was something even deeper and painful.

“Mom, Dad please don't leave me here!”

Jin winced.


In Jungkook’s dream his parents were there.

“Jungkook listen to me, they will come at any second so you gotta hide here and don't make sound.

Do you understand?” Jungkook’s father said sternly.

He was trying to protect him. He knew, but...

Jungkook hid alone under the bed, Suga had been visiting Rap Monster’s house for the day so he had the fortune of not seeing.

His parents dragged the bed spread to the floor hiding Jungkook's body under the bed.

He counted his breaths like his mother had told him to. He then heard the sound of heavy fast footsteps making their way into the house and up to the bedroom.

He knew now that they were threatening his parents since, they didn't pay the debt that they owed to them on time.

Under the bed he struggled to hear. “If you don't have our money then, you have to pay the price!” The deep voice of one of the guys snarled.

The gun was then pointed at Jungkook’s father.

Without hesitation someone pulled the trigger and said. “This is what you get for not giving us what we want.”

Jungkook heard his father collapse to the ground and his mother scream. He held back a whimper.

They then pointed the gun to Jungkook’s mother. “Is there anyone else living here?”

Jungkook bit his lip holding back a scream.

Mother! Please don't go! What about me and Suga? We need you! He wanted to yell.

Jungkook’s mother responded back. “I had a two sons but, they died. They were stillborns.”

She looked at the spot where Jungkook was hiding under and whispered so only the boy could hear. “'I'm sorry Jungkook, please take care of yourself and Suga. Don't get into any more fights. Be a good boy. Please promise me Jungkook.”

Right after her last words, they pulled the trigger.

Jungkook could hardly breathe as anguish filled his lungs, suffocating him with grief and pain.

When the criminals had left the house, Jungkook had then crawled out.

He saw his parents lying dead their pools of blood nearly filling the whole room. He began throwing things, punching the floor countless times until, his hands started to bleed. “No! Don't leave me here! Wake up! Please wake up!”

Please...

Please...


Jin witnessed Jungkook begin to sob in his sleep.

He set the pizza down and sat beside the boy.

“Jungkook, it's okay. I'm here for you and I'm sorry.” Jin cooed as he pet Jungkook’s head.

When the boy finally quieted he set the pizza by the bedside and was about to leave when Jungkook grabbed Jin by the arm. “Jin...” Jungkook's eyes widened and Jin saw the fear and sadness in his eyes.
“Stay here until I go back to sleep, please?”

Jin nodded. “Alright, I'll stay until you go back to sleep.”

He stayed with the boy for what felt like hours. Petting the boy's hair comfortingly each time he wanted to cry.

When he finally did fall asleep again. Jin tucked his in.

“Goodnight Jungkook.”

He then went downstairs to see everyone was asleep except for V.

V looked up from his spot on the floor. “Is he alright Jin?”

Jin landed on the couch beside Jhope and closed his eyes. “He had a flashback but, he's okay now.”

He then glanced at V he saw the man was examining his fingers. He then saw V had cut his fingers. It had probably been with the knife.

“V, you're bleeding. Here let me find you a bandage.”

V grabbed Jin by the wrist and pulled him in. Jin raised his eyebrows.

“They are looking for me now.”

“What are you talking about and who's they?”

V looked at Jin.“The police is coming after me now Jin.”

He let go of Jin, who stumbled back.

“What are you gonna do V?” Jin asked. He then looked in the cabinet drawer behind him and found a bandage for V.

He placed it on the boy's finger.

“Well,” V spoke up. “if I stay here, they'll find you guys. You'll all go to jail for protecting a murderer.”

He then started crying.

Jin's heart swelled with sympathy. V didn't deserve this. He had done something horrible, but it hadn't been his fault. He was still a boy, a child at heart.

“V, we’re not gonna leave you.” Jin insisted. “And you're not leaving. You would just get caught easier.”

“I'll stay here and keep a low profile then, at least until Jungkook feels better.” V promised. “Then I'll leave out of this neighborhood and never come back.” Jin looked ready to protest but V shook his head. “It's for your own good, if you never see me again Jin.” V said solemnly.

Before Jin could reply the boy laid down and fell asleep within seconds.


Jin would try to find a way to make V stay.

“I can't let this happen to V.” He vowed. “I need to find a way.”

He then went to sleep.


Jungkook who had stumbled down for a glass of water overheard the conversation between V and Jin.

“He can't leave, we've been friends for as long as I can remember. I have to think of something!” Jungkook whispered to himself. He then winced in pain, his body already started to hurt again. In frustration he walked back to bed, forgetting his water.


Months flew by and Jungkook was almost back to himself. The doctor advised to avoid physical labor but other than that he was free.

“Hey Jungkook, we're going to the beach wanna come?” Jin called from down the stairs.

Jungkook practically ran down the stairs only slowing down when Jin gave him a stern look.

He and Jin packed up food and towels in bags.

“Is it really okay for me to go to the beach Jin?”

Jungkook confused, thinking he has to stay in bed for three more months.

“Well, yeah as long as you don't move that much you'll be okay.” Jin said with a smile as the younger boy brightened. “So what do you say, shall we go?” Jin asked.

Jungkook nodded. “Sure, just let me get my stuff first.”

He turned to race up the stairs when Jin pulled him by the shirt collar. “Jungkook, relax I'll get your things while Suga will help you get into to the truck.” Jin said.

Jungkook couldn't help the frown on his face as he walked outside to Suga. Jin was being too overprotective.


“Are you feeling better yet?” Suga asked the boy as he helped him in.

The boy didn't reply and Suga looked at Jungkook, noticing he was looking a bit distracted. “Jungkook, hello are you listening?” Suga waved his hand in front of Jungkook’s face.

“Huh? Oh yeah I'm fine. I just need to take it easy and then I'll be okay.” Jungkook smiled.

Suga smiled back but nervously.

As Jungkook’s back was turned Suga wondered if Jungkook was starting to have his flashbacks again. They had been sprinkled every once in a while in the months that had passed, but they had all disappeared. Or so he thought. I gotta stay with him at all times to help him overcome it, Suga thought.

Suga turned back to Jungkook before closing the truck door. “Jungkook, are you sure you'll be fine?”

“Of course, I can handle it. All I need to do is not move a lot.”

Suga feigned optimism. “Okay.”


Everyone was feeling excited to go to the beach. It had been a while since the whole group had done an activity together. Jungkook's health had been priority over the past months.

“Let's go!”Jin cheered.

“Let's go!” They yelled back.

Jin then started up the truck and sped to the beach.

“Hey V.” Jungkook put a hand on V's arm.

“What is it, Jungkook?” V asked pausing his music and pulling out an earphone.

“When we get to the beach don't do what you did last time,” said Jungkook grabbing a handful of potato chips and stuffing them in his mouth. He swallowed and looked at V seriously. “You had me a little worried there, I thought we were going to lose you.”

“Sure, I won't do that again. I was just having a little break down before but, it's behind me. I won't do it anymore Jungkook.” V promised then plugged his earphone back in and went to sleep.

Jungkook watched him for a while before leaning against him and doing the same.

We're brothers. He thought fondly. We're in this together.


“We're here!” Jhope screamed.

Everyone who had been drowsy or sleeping during the ride got out of the truck.

V and Jimin immediately began chasing each other with handfuls of sand. Rap Monster grabbed Jin's hands and dragged him into the water to search for seashells. Jhope got caught in V's and Jimin's sand fight and chased the younger boys. Their screams making Jungkook laugh. He was stuck in the sand on a towel. He was grateful for Suga who laid beside him with extra sunblock and sunglasses.

“Hey, Suga?”

“Hmm.” Suga replied.

“Can you let me go for a walk at least?” Jungkook begged. He was itching to run and chase Jimin with a handful of wet sand too just as V was doing. He was eager to get scolded by Jhope as he ran through the older boy's sandcastle just like Jimin was doing. He wanted to be himself again.

“Okay, but be careful.”Suga warned.

“Okay, here goes nothing.”

Jungkook got up, standing still but, as he began walking he almost fell.

Suga caught him in time.

“You okay?”

Jungkook felt a wave of frustration crash over him like a wave in the ocean. He didn't want to be this weak!

“I'm fine, thanks.” He sat down in defeat, a bitter smile on his face. “I guess I can walk on my own, some other time.”

“How about we got to the bridge to sit down?” Suga suggested already picking up Jungkook.

The boy held back a laugh as the older boy struggled with his weight. Suga may have been older, but he was definitely smaller. His petite, pale frame barely keeping it together.

“Sure, let's go.” Jungkook smiled.

They sat down in their favorite spot, looking at the view of the ocean, deep in thought.

Jungkook liked that Suga didn't constantly ask about his health like the others. He breathed in relief at the comfortable silence between them. He didn't want questions that he didn't have answers to at the moment. And maybe playing on the beach wasn't what he needed right now. Maybe he just needed now.

He took another deep breath letting the salt in the air enter his lungs.

Suga was leaning against a huge chain that held the bridge up. Jungkook was also leaning into another big chain that occasionally groaned under the pressure of holding up the bridge. Jungkook placed a hand on the chain and suddenly he was taken back to the night of the accident. He gasped remember his body hitting metal, metal like the chain. His body screamed in pain. He felt his vision growing cloudy as the same pain from the accident returned.

“Suga, it hurts!”


Suga saw Jungkook begin to shake and scream. He quickly held the boy tight.

“Jungkook, you're okay. You're not hurt. You're having the flashback again, overcome it!”

Suga then felt the boy loosen up and he let go thinking it had passed.

Jungkook had out though and he almost fell into the ocean but, Suga yanked him by the arm. He then grabbed onto the chain as he felt Jungkook pull him farther. He couldn't hold on to Jungkook for much longer. “Jin! Somebody! Help!”


Everyone heard the pleading screams.

“Is that Suga?” Rap Monster asked.

The others shrugged. They had never heard Suga scream before. At least not like that.

Jin ushered the others to follow him as they ran to the bridge.

Everyone saw Jungkook and Suga about to fall in the ocean and hurried quickly to help.


Suga noticed the blood dripping down the ocean and saw Jungkook’s head wound had reopened in the scuffle. He held back tears.

Don’t die on me dammit!

He and Jungkook were now back to safety and he hovered over Jungkook pressing his jacket on the younger boy's head.

“We have to take him to the forest, there's a first aid kit with a needle and thread so we can patch up his wound.” Jin told him and carried Jungkook to the truck.

“We should go to hospital!” Rap Monster argued with Jin.

“We can't go, V is wanted.” Jin reminded him.

“Well let's drop him off.” Jimin suggested as Jin set Jungkook down on Suga's lap in the truck.

“We don't have time for that!” Jin snapped. “Let's go.”

Jimin and Rap Monster exchanged glances and got in the truck.

“I'm sorry.” V apologized to Suga as he got in beside him letting Jungkook's body drape on his thighs.

Suga shook his head. “Jungkook would have wanted to look out for you.”

V looked out the window, feeling frustration claw at him.


Once they were at the forest Jin got the first aid kit that was underneath the couch.

Jungkook nearly unconscious didn't flinch as Jin did his best to stitch him up. After he finished they set him down on the couch and had to wait nearly two hours before Jungkook could wake up.

Jin advised Suga to take the boy to a hospital the next morning, he wasn't sure his patchwork would hold up for long.

Once Jungkook awoke, he could hardly move his body. Suga who was beside him the whole times hugged him tightly.

“Jungkook, I'm glad you're safe!”

Jungkook stared confused then smile when Suga started sobbing, his small shoulders shaking. Suga had never really been one for tears.

“I thought I lost you!”

“Suga, thank you for saving me and I'm sorry for having to worry you like this.” Jungkook apologized with a small smile, also hugging Suga tightly despite his aching body.

“You are the only brother I have Jungkook, and who knows what would have happened if I had lost you?” Suga said, crying. The older man then wiped his tears on his sleeve before looking around carefully to make sure the others wouldn't look.

“Me too, Suga. You're always so protective and always finding ways to cheer me up when I’m feeling down. Thank you for looking after me over the years.” Jungkook said sincerely then, started to cry silently. Tears falling down his face without sound. Suga petted the boy's head.

“Hey Suga, Jungkook! We’re about to leave so, do you guys prefer to leave or we could stay here for a little bit if you want?” Jin called.

“Let's stay here for a little bit Jin, Jungkook can barely move his body.” Suga answered despite Jungkook's protest.

“Alright then.” Jin said and was headed to get his drinks and snacks then, sat down in the sofa watching his recordings with the other members.

“You doing okay, Jungkook?” V came up to him and handed Jungkook some bags of chips.

“Yeah, I'm doing fine and you?” Jungkook asked inhaling the chips. He was pretty hungry.

“I'm doing fine but, you need to be more careful next time! Okay?”V scolded the younger boy ruffling his hair, before taking a gulp of his soda.

“Sure, I'll be careful.” Jungkook smiled smoothing his hair back to normal. He then looked around the group noting someone was missing. “Where’s Rap Monster?”

“Oh, he said he was going to get burgers for everyone. I'm sure he'll be back any minute now.” V told him. His stomach was growling as if to emphasize Rap Monster's need to be back soon.

“Are you hungry V?” Jungkook joked, hearing the sound.

“Yeah.” V admitted slightly embarrassed. “It's been a while since we ate burgers, or just in general. We were all to worried about you to eat.” V added with a smile.

“Heh, well now you get to eat the burgers again.” Jungkook smiled back and crumpled up his bag of chips.


Rap Monster came and gave burgers to everyone but, had nothing to eat like always. Jungkook noticing gave Rap Monster half of his burger and fries. “It's not fair that you're the only one who can't eat.”

Rap Monster looked at him gratefully.“Are you sure you want me to have half of your burger? You need to eat a lot to get your strength back Jungkook.”

“Come on Rap Monster, where is the tough Rap Monster that never babies anyone? Don't be like Jin, he has been overprotective ever since the accident.” Jungkook sighed, eating his french fries.

Rap Monster smiled over at Jin who pouted. He then turned back to the younger boy. “Alright, thanks for the food Jungkook. I appreciate it.” Rap Monster smiled then, devoured his food.


“Let's go, it's time to leave!” Jin yelled, honking with the truck horn.

“Alright Jungkook, let’s go.” Suga stood by the couch then, saw Jungkook was already asleep.

Suga smiled softly. “Good night.” He then carried Jungkook to the truck and placed in the backseat a blanket.

While everyone was inside the truck, Jungkook leaned next to Suga, who was surprised to see him leaning next to him. Usually the boy fell to his left his head pressed against the car window. Suga smiled and petted the boy's hair with affection.


Once everyone got back to Jungkook’s house they all went to sleep. Each of them choosing a spot on the floor or couch. Suga, still awake not feeling sleepy at all, went to go check up on Jungkook.

He saw the boy was curled into a ball fast asleep. He looked like a child. He was a child, Suga realized. He still needed his older brothers, no matter what he tried to say about being tough and fighting.

He watched the boy for a minute more then went downstairs to sleep.