Chap 9: Because he is mine!

Why am I different?

Taecyeon pulled down the door handle and pushed open the car door. Almost immediately, he was welcomed by a thousand and one flashes of light from various kinds of cameras- smartphones all the way to expensive professional cameras. He would have been blinded if not for the shades protecting his eyes. With a heavy sigh and the weight of the world on his shoulders, he placed a foot on the ground and stepped out. His ears were soon assaulted by the deafening shouts and screams which accompanied the camera flashes in a jumbled mess of compliments, confessions and questions regarding schedules or the other members. He tried his best to drown them out, his migraine, which had grown in its intensity from the moment he had awaken, worsening. Yet, one comment struck him hard.

“Taecyeon-oppa! Your outfit looks nice today!”

A pang of regret. Of course he had looked exceptionally fashionable that day. After all, it was Minjun who had picked out his outfit for the day. Although now, he would not even get the chance to see him in it.

He looked around him, searching for his only companion. His manager was suddenly beside him before promptly moving ahead to lead the way through the crowd. He followed, ignoring the greetings screeched his way or gifts pushed in his face. It was unlike him to disregard his fans so but he could not help himself since he was too preoccupied with self-pity as he recalled his conversation with Nickhun just this morning.

“WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO?!” Nickhun’s furious holler greeted Taecyeon the moment he pressed the answering button in his cell.

He had debated over not answering the call since he was not in the mood for any form of human interaction. The fight he had with Minjun just a few minutes before the call had drained all his energy and motivation for the day. It was bad enough that he had to force his dispirited self to pack a bag for their trip to Japan, he had no energy left to entertain a call.

“What are you talking about?” Taecyeon asked in a deadened tone. He was confused of Nickhun’s sudden outburst but it was not enough to perk his interest or his mood.

“Don’t act like you don’t ing know! Look at your Kakao.” His stern voice was enough to push Taecyeon to switch his screen to the Kakao Talk app.

One notification from ‘THE2PMBROTHAS!!’ group chat, the cringe-worthy name courtesy of Minjun. Unsurprising, since he was the one who started the group and relentlessly posted in it, even though he did not get much reply from the others. Taecyeon sighed. He did not need another reminder of the morning’s events. Pushing the dark thoughts away, he clicked on the chat group to reveal the message. It was not Minjun who posted in the group this time.

Lee Junho: OK TAECYEON! YOU BETTER NOT APPEAR IN FRONT OF ME OR JUN-HYUNG OR I’LL F*UCKING KILL YOU!!!

“So? Tell me. And don’t leave out even the tiniest detail,” Nickhun demanded in a tone of voice that barely hid his attempt to hold his fury in check.

Taecyeon was tempted to just end the call. It was too much of a hassle to be explaining himself in his current state. Agitated, he paced the length of the room while mussing up his hair and scratching his chin. Then, he threw himself on his bed where he started punching his pillows and kicking his clothes and bag off the bed, causing its contents to be strewed all over the floor, all the time snarling in frustration. Finally, he decided to get the ordeal done and over with since he figured he did not need another target on his back, anyway.

On the other side of the line, Nickhun felt his control slipping. Just as he was about to hurl abuses at the person whom he was seriously beginning to doubt as his brother, Taecyeon spoke.

“I saw Minjun n*aked in his bed this morning,” his tone resigned.

Of all things, Nickhun did not expect that since it did not sound like the Minjun he knew. The Minjun he knew was too self-conscious to reveal even the littlest bit of skin that he was always seen in long-sleeves even during the summer. For their ADTOY promotions in which he had to wear a low v-neck and sleeveless top, he would be seen either trying to cover his chest or rubbing his exposed arms in embarrassment. Merely taking off his top for his solo Think About You album took a lot of courage from his part and reassurances as well as encouragements from the other members to boost his confidence. Junho once mentioned that in all the time they had been together, Minjun’s solo promotion was the first time he had seen his Jun-hyung topless for that long. Nevertheless, during his live performances, he only took his jacket off while still having a sleeveless top on when he was supposed to be completely topless if he were to follow his music video. It was a huge relief to them all when he finally got used to wearing sleeveless without asking if his arms looked fat. Granted, he did habitually go to bed topless since he admitted that it was more comfortable that way, but he would scurry under the blankets right after taking his shirt off, afraid of others seeing his body. He would never be totally since he always had a pair of pants or, at least, boxers on.

Since he was skeptical, Nickhun had to ask, “for real? N*aked? As in with not a single strand of cloth on him?”

“No, he had a pair of boxers on,” Taecyeon mumbled.

“Yeah, I thought so. What’s the problem with that? He’s always been doing it. You of all people should know that since you’ve been roommates with him before. Besides, the rest of us are doing that too, even you,” Nickhun debated, not really clear of the problem.

Taecyeon huffed, annoyed that Nickhun was unknowingly parroting Minjun.

“Well…yeah,” he relented reluctantly,” but the problem is, Junho was there too,” he finished indignantly.

“You know how close they are. Junho is always over at Minjun’s that he knows more about Minjun’s house than Minjun himself.” Nickhun tried to reason again.

“Not just in the house! He was IN THE BED with Minjun!! And they were f*ucking cuddling!! He had and arm around Minjun’s bare waist and Minjun’s face was nuzzled in his chest!!” Taecyeon burst out, no longer able to cage in the rage he had upon seeing Minjun in another’s arms.

The line went quiet and for a few seconds, only Taecyeon’s heavy breaths were heard.

“Minjun is touchy even when he is awake. What more when he’s asleep and unconscious? It is not surprising that he would cuddle up to anyone near him.” Nickhun started, a plot hatching in his mind.

“No way- “

“He does it with everyone; Junho, Chansung, Wooyoung-“

“What the h-“

“Even me, when I sleep over-“

“YOU F*UCKING WHAT?!” Taecyeon finally hollered, his anger spiraling out of control.

Nickhun knew then that his plan was successful. Still, he persisted.

“Why are you so angry? It’s just brothers sleeping together.”

“F*uck brothers! How would you feel if YOU saw Wooyoung all snuggled up in someone else’s arms?! Even if the person holding him were members!”

Nickhun felt a prick in his heart.

“That.” He paused as he tried to calm his enraged heart,” was a low blow, Ok Taecyeon.”

“No. This is the same,” Taecyeon insisted through gritted teeth and clenched jaws,” I cannot take it. I WILL NOT take it.”

“Why?”

“Because,” a voice of finality, brooking no argument, “He. Is. Mine.”

A second silence fell between them before Nickhun finally voiced out.

“You understand what you’re saying, right?” Nickhun asked in a steeled voice.

“I know. All this time, even though it was an unconscious decision, I had been denying my feelings. The excuse of him treating me differently was just a stupid attempt to keep myself safe. It was a front I used to cover my desire for his attention and affection,” Taecyeon admitted, his voice full of regret. “Standing there, watching him in someone else’s arms was a rude awakening. He belongs in MY arms. No one else’s,” his voice hardened with determination, the word ‘MY’ emphasized with a thump to his chest.

“But if you hurt him-“

“I know,” Taecyeon interrupted the warning, knowing full well the consequences of his confession. “But…” he hesitated before mumbling, “I think- No, I know I already did.”

“What did you do? If you had lain a hand on him, I swear- “Nikhun’s voice went cold again.

“I didn’t. I mean, not directly…” Taecyeon hedged.

“Get to the f*ucking point!” His patience was running thin.

Taecyeon released a heavy sigh, “I threw his clothes in his face.”

Silence.

“Okay… and?”

“Well, I humiliated him,” Taecyeon admitted, ashamed.

Nickhun finally understood.

“Nothing a lot of groveling could not cure. At least there were no physical wounds. That drama queen Junho. I thought he was hurt bad.”

“Well…” Taecyeon trailed off, his guilt obvious.

“What?! For god’s sake, Taecyeon! Just give me the full gory details before I burst a vein!!” Nickhun finally lost his patience and bellowed.

“I may have man-handled him too roughly… I saw some bruises around his wrists and shoulders…” He trailed of again, leaving Nickhun feeling exasperated.

“Okay… aaand?”

“Ummm… I may have… ummm… split his lips? “Taecyeon stuttered, ending in whispers.

His embarrassment was obvious but even more so was his wonder. Unseen to Nickhun, Taecyeon was lightly touching his lips, the memory of how Minjun’s lips felt on his burned forever in his mind.

“You didn’t…” Nickhun’s voice too was full of astonishment.

Taecyeon smiled, though it was quick to turn bitter. Their first kiss and he messed it up.

“You stupid .” It seemed Nickhun felt the same.

“I know,” Taecyeon grimaced, then sighed. “If he would still talk to me, I’ll start groveling when I pick him up later.”

“Ummm… About that…” Nickhun hesitated, scratching the back of his head as he considered on how much he should reveal.

“What?” Taecyeon felt uneasy.

“Junho may have changed Minjun’s flight to tomorrow, together with his own. Chansung had followed suit too.”

“What the hell?!”

“You can’t blame the boys for closing ranks on their hyung after seeing the state he was in when you left him. Even now, Chansung and Junho are still at Minjun’s place. “

“Damn it!” Taecyeon cursed. “But… how…” he lips that had suddenly gone dry,” how is he? “

It was Nickhun’s turn to sigh. “Not good. From what I could gather from the boys, he hadn’t eaten anything since you left. In fact, he hadn’t moved at all from the spot you left him and he’s not responding to anyone. He’s just sitting there, staring off into the distance. It was no wonder that the boys are worried. Chansung tried lifting him onto the bed, thinking maybe he needed to lie down for a while. But he just sat there, staring off into the distance again.”

Taecyeon grew worried,” should I-“

“No. They’ll kill you.” Nickhun warned, finality in his voice.

“But I-“

“I’ll stay and update you on whatever happens,” Nickhun promised.

Which was why Taecyeon had expected Nickhun’s absence, together with Minjun, Chansung and Junho. But as he walked through the airport with only his manager by his side, he wondered why must Nickhun change Wooyoung’s flight too? He already felt uneasy and guilt-ridden flying off when he had not resolved his fight with Minjun, now he had loneliness added to the mix as he traveled without even a single member by his side to console him.


Nickhun drove over to Minjun’s house the second he hung up the phone. Fully anticipating the resistance he would encounter at the door, he put on his stern, I-am-your-hyung-and-you-better-listen, face. As he marched up to the door, he cleared his throat and prepared his argument. When he knocked the door, true to his prediction, right down to the scowl distorting Junho’s face and the guarded expression of Chansung’s, it was the former who opened the door with the latter in his shadow.

“What do you want?!” Junho barked rudely.

“That,” Nickhun gritted his teeth, his expression darkening, no longer pretending to be stern this time,” is no way to speak to your hyung, Lee Junho.”

The threat in his tone made Junho pause but he stubbornly held his fort, “if you came here as a spy, then you better leave!”

“Lee Jun-“

“Let him in, Junho.” there was no mistaking the order even though it was said in a mild tone.

Junho looked stunned and reflexively stepped back from the door. Nickhun took the chance to push open the door slightly bigger and let himself in. He gave a nod at Wooyoung, relaying his appreciation for the help. Wooyoung was at most times mild-mannered and behaved like a maknae even to his dongsanges. As a result, when he suddenly turned his hyung persona on, it shocked them enough to let their guard down. His presence there was something Nickhun had not predicted although he should have since Wooyoung too was attached to Minjun, sometimes even more so than Junho.

“How is he?” Nickhun asked as he walked in the direction of the bedroom.

It seemed Junho had recovered from his earlier shock as he blocked Nickhun’s way with his arms outstretched. “Why should we tell you anything? You would just report back to your ‘brother’,” he retorted, jeering at the word ‘brother’.

Nickhun’s patience hit its limits, “Junho, if you don’t f*ucking quit it-“

Chansung pushed Junho behind him at the same time cool fingers wrapped around Nickhun’s right wrist, pulling him back. A hand smoothed over his rapidly beating heart and heaving chest, instantly calming it. Nickhun looked down at Wooyoung as his breathing slowed and the red haze filling his vision bled away. He allowed Wooyoung to pull him by the wrist towards the sofa and pushed him into the seat by the shoulders.

“This is not the time to fight amongst us,” Wooyoung announced, looking at Nickhun then Junho and Chansung. “Sit down, both of you.”

It took a few seconds, but Chansung finally moved, pulling a still petulant Junho with him. Nickhun decided to let it go since Junho’s suspicions were not unfounded. It was no secret that he was the closest to Taecyeon and at the moment, Junho held Taecyeon fully responsible for his Jun-hyung’s almost comatose state.

“We need to solve this together,” Wooyoung started the moment Chansung and Junho sat down and he himself took a seat beside Nickhun.

“Agreed,” Nickhun leaned forward, resting his elbows on his thighs.

A resolute ‘no’ from Junho and still not a word from Chansung.

Nickhun pinched the bridge of his nose, feeling a headache forming. Someone patted his back and he looked up to see Wooyoung again. He gave him a small smile and tried again.

“Why were you here this morning, Junho?” That was the crux of the problem which needed to be resolved whether the rest knew it or not.

“Why can’t I be here?” Junho asked instead of answering.

Nickhun gritted his teeth, trying to reel in his temper,” Just answer the f*uck-“

Wooyoung’s hand on his back tensed and started rubbing.

“Answer it.”

It was Chansung this time, surprising all of them. Junho gave him a warning look to which Chansung answered with a blank expression. However, it was full of undertones, enough for Junho to understand that he had to answer.

He gulped before recounting the events leading up to that moment," Jun-hyung was in high spirits after the fan-signing event yesterday. So, he asked me to come over for some drinks. We talked while watching some movies, just chilling out.” He hesitated for a second before continuing," Actually, I knew why he only invited me over and not you guys… Tsk, he knew I could not drink much anyway. It was obvious that hyung only wanted to see how I was doing since I posted those stuffs on twitter…” his lower lip trembled.

It was apparent how distressed Junho was. It was possible that he thought he might have played a part in what happened between his hyungs and blamed himself for it. Nickhun understood now why Junho was extra prickly and defensive of his Jun-hyung.

Meanwhile, Junho was too preoccupied with trying to hold his tears at bay that he did not expect the hand engulfing his own. When he looked up to Chansung and saw the understanding mirrored in those large eyes, the tears threatened to fall even further that he had to look away. He felt a gentle squeeze, giving him some strength, enough to continue without bawling his eyes out.

“After a few cups, hyung finally asked how I was doing and even though he said it indifferently, I can feel his worry running deep. So, I opened up to him, and before we knew it, it was already very late. I was gonna leave but hyung didn’t want me driving, even if my house was just five minutes away. He said I should just sleep over and start packing the next morning. We would have time since my house is so near. But morning came and it all came to s*hit.” His voice was suddenly laced with anger," Taec-hyung suddenly woke us up, saying that he brought breakfast. Then he asked me to heat it up. I was doing it when I suddenly heard yelling. When I ran upstairs to the room, it was locked. I could hear Jun-hyung struggling and Taec-hyung growling through the door.”

Junho looked up into the silence that followed his recount. He knew everyone was hanging on to his every word. He looked at Nickhun square in the eye indicating the seriousness of what he was about to say. Nickhun held the gaze, registering the lividity palpable in them.

“When I finally got in, Jun-hyung was standing at the side with a blank look and staring into space. There were tears in his eyes and staining his cheeks, his hair and clothes were messed up, and there were bruises on his wrists and shoulders.” Jaws clenched and hands in tight fists, he relayed the next information in a harsh whisper,” he was also bleeding from the side of his mouth.”

The weight of what Taecyeon might have done to their hyung hung heavily in the air as each of them let their thoughts run wild. Nickhun had to step in before more damage was done.

“No, stop it! He did not do what you guys are thinking. He wouldn’t, not without consent. He would end himself before he hurt Minjun like that.” He reprimanded them sternly.

“But he had been acting out of sorts lately and he can be wild at times,” Chansung recalled, his voice gruff.

“Yes, he can be wild,” Nickhun admitted,” but not THAT wild.”

Silence.

The situation was worsening by the minute.

“I’m gonna talk to Minjun,” He declared as he stood up.

Junho stood up just as fast, ready to stop him but Chansung held him back.

“Let him. He may get something out of Jun-hyung. He’s not responding to any of us after all.”

Junho seemed reluctant but slowly nodded.

“I’ll go with him,” Wooyoung volunteered, trying to appease the situation.


“Minjun,” Nickhun called out, “Hyung!”

No response. Minjun’s glazed eyes and stiff body really frightened him. He had never seen him like this before. Nickhun gently lowered himself onto the bed, careful not to disturb it too much, and slowly reached out to touch Minjun’s shoulder. He gave it a soft squeeze and a shake. Still, no response. He was about to call Minjun’s name again, louder this time, when his eyes abruptly rolled to the back of his head and his hands clutched at his chest as he started wheezing as if his lungs were constricted and he was having trouble breathing. Nickhun grabbed Minjun’s body as it fell onto the bed and curled into a ball, his hands still clutching his chest. Wooyoung started yelling for the others as he too jumped onto the bed to hold his hyung. Chansung and Junho clambered into the room in time to see Minjun begin sobbing uncontrollably and his hands reaching out in a panic, searching for anything to hold. Instinctively, Chansung reached out and grabbed those hands before anyone else could. Minjun held on tight before blindly crawling into his lap, hugging Chansung as if his life depended on it. All four men watched helplessly as their terror-stricken hyung continued shaking and sobbing in the maknae’s arms.


This chapter is still angst. Sorry to those who was anticipating a fluffy make up between Taeckay >.< and for those with Taecyeon bias, please don't hate me 🙏🙏 I'll redeem Taecyeon soon!!

Dont you hate it when u r reading and you come across censored words? Cos I hate that they censored those words and I hade to add in * so as not to have them censored and removed. But I feel that it's seriously interrupting the story flow. Smh.

Updates have been pretty slow going since I have just gotten a job and needed time adapting to the job's demands. As it is, I am in a perpetual state of exhaustion that I don't have the strength to think of what to write, much less write them. So please understand. 🙏🙏 Love you guys!! <3

This is the link to Taecyeon alone at the airport flying to Japan. The members went the next day. He really looked listless that day and did not even register the fans around him. He would usually give at least a little smile, but not his time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcT-yq3iWog

Here's a pic of when Junho talked about seeing his Jun-hyung shirtless. I think he was exagerating though, since they did have some photoshoots together where Minjun was topless. Typical over-dramatic Junho. Hahahaha!!

If you guys had watched ovenradio, this is the part where they had to sketch the layout of their house. Junho noticed that Minjun got a room in his house wrong. That is why I said that Junho knows more about Minjun's house than Minjun himself. Taecyeon's eye roll despite his smile tho. kekeke jealous ey, Taec? 😏😏

Also, Junho's house being 5 mins away from Minjun is seriously not made up, guys. Once, Minjun went there just to see Junho cos he was missing him but decided against it at the last min since they were gonna meet up later that day anw. Hahahaha! He's just weird xD

Here's the link if you wanna read the whole interview: http://2pmalways.tumblr.com/post/134197771905/trans-151021-2pm-oricon-style-interview-cs

Thank you for reading thus far!! ^^,

EunM15 Here you go! Taecyeon finally admitted his feelings but.. it wasnt to Minjun. hehehehehe More drama too, hope you like it!

Finally, welcome new subscriber orcumGod!! Thank you for subscribing!!