Chap 8: What do you want from me?!

Why am I different?

“Hyung! Finally! You need to change, palli!” Wooyoung was the first to reach him the moment he cracked the door open, his hands full with Minjun’s clothes.

 

Minjun was late. Again. Being the workaholic that he was and sleeping at odd hours, it occurred so frequently throughout his career that s were already prepared for it, even expecting it. The only difference this time was the rapid palpitations of his heart, his frayed nerves and the blood rushing in his ears. Indeed, he had rushed to the CJ E&M Center Studio the moment he startled awake on his studio couch and, upon reaching, had ran all the way from the building's carpark to the waiting room. However, those were not the cause of the flush in his cheeks. Instead, it was the thought of meeting a certain someone who was, at the moment, standing at the corner of the room with his back to him.

 

“Thank you for understanding, Jun-hyung. See you tomorrow”

 

Jun-hyung. Minjun blushed even harder. He rarely, if ever, called him hyung.

 

“Have you eaten, hyung?” Chansung asked, not even a heartbeat after Wooyoung, breaking him from his fleeting reverie.

 

“Ah, komawo Wooyoung-ah. And no, Chansung, I haven’t. I didn’t have the time to,” Minjun replied tersely, in a hurry to relieve Wooyoung of his load.

 

He then gave brief hugs to both dongsaengs in greeting, as much of a hug as his full arms and busy self allowed.

 

“Jangkanman. I have something,” Chansung announced as he turned towards his bag and started rummaging through it.

 

“What’s wrong hyung? Are you having a fever? Your face is red,” a concerned-Junho bombarded Minjun with questions the moment he laid eyes on his hyung.

 

“Aniya, just breathless,” Minjun hugged him too before stepping towards the changing room.

 

“Here, hyung.” Chansung, intercepted him to hand him a sampgak-kimbap at the same time Nickhun greeted him.

 

“You look like you could use some sleep, Minjun-ah,” Nickhun half-shouted from where he was in front of the mirror, having his make-up done.

 

Minjun took Chansung’s offering, patting his arm in gratitude. He then backtracked to address Nickhun, exchanging a bro-handshake and a half-hug since the stylist-noona and his clothes were in the way. He acknowledged Nickhun’s remarks. The eye bags and dark rings adorning his eyes could not be a bigger indication of how much sleep he needed. He knew that more than anyone but how could he when his mind was filled by the hug he had by the doorway, the hot breath against his ear, and the strong arms embracing him.

 

“Ara… geunde, there’s still a lot to get done,” he mumbled instead as he continued on his initial path to the dressing room.

 

It was not a lie, he justified to himself. There was indeed a lot to be done and he could have done them had his mind not insisted on straying to a certain someone instead. His steps halted as he caught himself. He was avoiding him, wasn’t he? Why? Hadn’t he promised to try? Wasn’t he so excited to see him the moment he opened his eyes? Why was he so nervous now that the person was within reach?

 

Hands closed in fists and the clothes hugged tightly to his chest, he heaved a breath as he steeled himself for what was to come. Only then did he turn back around, searching the spot where he had seen him last, at the corner of the room. His heart skipped a beat when their eyes met and he realized Taecyeon was staring right at him. The look behind his eyes were a tumultuous mix of anger, disappointment and regret. Minjun gulped and lips that had suddenly gone dry as he forced himself to take a step, then another, their eyes never breaking contact. He watched as the intense gaze gradually soften into a smile, making him proud of his decision to brave the storm.

 

“Ahhh… he turned...,” Taecyeon thought, releasing the breath he was not aware he was holding.

 

While waiting for Minjun’s arrival, Taecyeon had been nervous and jittery. His mind was filled with thoughts of their talk from the previous evening. As he paced the waiting room floor, he tried to console himself that it had achieved something amidst fears that it was all moot and today was going to be as it had always been. When he heard the knob turned, he had scrambled out of his chair and gone searching for his bag, cursing himself for not having it in his hands. He had finally found it and the small container he had packed into it only to see Minjun’s back leaving for the dressing room. Disappointment could not adequately describe his feelings then. He stared furiously at that broad back, willing Minjun to turn around and address his presence. He’d promised he’d try. How was this considered trying? How was this any different than before? Then, as if reading his thoughts, Minjun halted and turned, visibly startled when their visions collided. Teacyeon saw him gulped and his gaze followed the movement of his tongue as it moved across luscious lips.

 

“He’s nervous,” Taecyeon mused, before realizing the hammering in his chest,” and so am I. What is this?”

 

Relaxing his tensed shoulders, he smiled. As he did so, he saw the anxiety leaving Minjun’s eyes and his lips raised in a shy smile.

 

“Hey,” he greeted timidly when he stopped directly in front of him, separated only by a chair between them.

 

“Hey yourself,” Taecyeon returned and watched as a flush climbed his cheeks causing him to drop his gaze to the floor.

 

Taecyeon decided to let it go this time.

 

“Hungry?” he asked instead.

 

A slight nod, eyes still downcast.

 

“Here.” He took out the container from his bag on the chair between them and pushed it under Minjun’s nose.

 

Minjun looked up, surprise evident in his eyes, his mouth hanging open cutely.

 

“Had my mom packed it this morning. I figured you’d lock yourself back in your studio after we left yesterday,” he teased, a smirk shaping his lips.

 

The flush came back in record time as Minjun shoved his chest.

 

“Yah! It’s not like I have a choice!” Minjun retaliated.

 

Taecyeon just chuckled as he caught Minjun’s wrists, not letting go even as he struggled to be freed. As he watched the laughter in Minjun's eyes, which were frequently animated by a shy gentle smile even as he complained to being shackled, Taecyeon felt an overflow of pride and joy. It was a strange feeling, a kind of buoyancy that lifted him up and an unbearable lightness of feeling that had him tempted to do a victory dance while hugging the man in front of him. Their time had finally come and this was finally their beginning.

 

“What are they doing?” Junho half-whispered to the man sitting on his left, his hand covering his lips conspiringly.

 

“Dugu?” Chansung replied distractedly, his attention on the game on his laptop.

 

Junho nudged him in the ribs to get his attention. When he finally had it, he pursed his lips towards his hyungs who were clearly flirting with each other in front of the mirror. Slightly annoyed when he felt the jab, Chansung knew Junho would not quit till he achieved his goal. So he paused his game after a loaded sigh and fully intended to look at the individuals Junho’s lips were pointing to but instead found himself distracted by said lips.

 

“Flirting,” he replied bluntly when he finally managed to tear his eyes away from Junho’s lips. Then, he decided Minjun needed some reminder and shouted out,” hyung! You’re gonna be late! You still have to do your make-up!”

 

Both Minjun and Taecyeon froze for a fraction of a second before Taecyeon relaxed his grip on Minjun’s wrists and Minjun started scrambling to collect his clothes that were strewn all over the chair during his struggles to be freed. Taecyeon helped retrieve a few pieces and followed a scurrying Minjun towards the dressing room.

 

“Yeap. Totally.” Junho nodded in agreement as he continued watching his hyungs.

 

The next few days chronicled the improvements in their relationship in ways even they had not predicted. Though they had yet to reach the level of hanging out outside of group activities, their contact with each other went beyond their time on stage and the group’s schedule. Not for lack of trying, however, since their individual schedules were too packed for them to slide in personal meet-ups. Nevertheless, what they could not do face-to-face they more than made up through other channels. Originally, Taecyeon was not one to call. He still wasn’t but now he responded to Minjun’s kakao almost instantly. As a result, they caught up with each other frequently, in fact almost every day. Their conversations were not restricted around group activities either. They would talk about anything under the sun; the happenings of the day, something interesting they saw on the net, what they had for a meal - if they had any, since it always slipped Minjun’s mind- various things Minjun run into when his head was more focused on his songs instead of where he was going, Taecyeon’s new OkCat design -which was somehow always similar to his previous ones- just normal, mundane, everyday topics. Others might think it insignificant but it made them feel that much closer to each other.

 

Additionally, like all things Minjun, he developed habits that he did unconsciously. Like turning his body towards Taecyeon every time he comes near, or squeezing his shoulder in encouragement, giving him praises and assurances, defending him when others or sometimes teasing him instead, but always, always, consoling him afterwards. During Yu Hee Yeol’s sketchbook, Minjun had unconsciously angled his body towards Taecyeon throughout the whole interview and was distractedly kicking the flaps of Taecyeon’s jacket near his feet. When asked for his opinion, he started singing Taecyeon praises even though he could have joined the other members’ conspiracy to , as he knew how much the song meant to Taecyeon. On the other hand, he himself did some light teasing that would have not hurt. Still, he proceeded to soften the harmless blow even further with a pat to his back. More than once, he caught himself staring at the back of Taecyeon’s nape, with a soft smile gracing his lips, and had to consciously turn away.

 

On his part, Taecyeon did his best too. Like checking in every few hours to make sure Minjun was still alive, sometimes even personally bringing over food packages after his schedule just so he could see Minjun’s face. During his late night DJ-ing, he did not feel alone nor lonely since Minjun, an avid night owl, would accompany him through texts. When he was done, they’d continue talking till he reached home and then he would make sure that Minjun turn in for the night. The next day, he’d call and call till the other had awaken which, correspondingly, improved Minjun’s tardiness. In all his conversations, he could not help mentioning Minjun, even during his interview on Take Care of My Fridge though he was a little disappointed that the hosts had turned it into a joke. However, there was still one problem that Taecyeon faced.

 

“Hey, eyes up here,” Taecyeon’s voice dropped an octave too low in his attempt to whisper as his fingers slipped beneath Minjun’s chin and tilted it up.

 

Minjun felt shivers running down his spine even before their eyes locked.

 

“That- I- You-“ he almost shouted in his embarrassment, his arms flailing everywhere,” do you HAVE to interrupt me just to say that?” he whispered harshly when he realized all eyes were on him.

 

“Well your story sure was interesting but I would rather hear it from your mouth instead of your hair,” Taecyeon replied solemnly when inside, he could not help laughing.

 

He had not intended to tease Minjun, but the other guy’s reactions were making it hard for him to resist.

 

Minjun rolled his eyes, throwing his hands in the air, “who keeps eye-contact during their WHOLE conversation?”

 

“True. But no one keeps their eyes downcast for the whole of their conversation either.”

 

“I did not!” Minjun retorted, “besides, it’s… hard to keep looking into your eyes. They’re…” he trailed off, trying to search for the right words.

 

“What? Are they that horrible to look at?” Taecyeon leaned back into the sofa, turning his face away.

 

“Sheesh, just be a drama-queen, why don’t you,” Minjun grumbled even as he wrapped his fingers around Taecyeon’s arm to pull him back to face him. “Quit being over-sensitive. What I meant to say, before you interrupted me, again, was that your eyes are just... unnerving.”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Yeah. Especially when you do that. Stop that.” He covered Taecyeon’s eyes with his hands.

 

“What? Do what?” Taecyeon raised a brow after he pulled Minjun’s hand from covering his eyes and holding on to it on his thigh.

 

Minjun did not pull away, instead he waved his other hand in circular motions in front of Taecyeon’s eyes as he tried to explain what he felt.

 

“That-” he stumbled out,” that I’m-going-to-stare-into-your-soul-and-read-all-your-thoughts look.”

 

He finished with a perplexed frown and a pout, one of his hands still in Taecyeon’s grip.

 

“I don’t-“ Taecyeon started.

 

“Jun-hyung, Taec-hyung, stop flirting. We have to go out now.” Junho interrupted his hyungs’ conversation, efficiently popping the lovey-dovey balloon surrounding them.

 

It was their second day on the MBC Korean Music Wave and their performance was coming up next. He had not wanted to interrupt them, but time had other ideas.

 

“We’re not-“ they both denied at the same time.

 

Junho was having none of it.

 

”Yeah, yeah. Let’s just go,” he quipped, already turning away and leaving.

 

Minjun looked towards Taecyeon to find him looking back, a smirk gracing his lips. Minjun turned away, rubbing the back of his neck. He was a hundred percent sure that his cheeks were scarlet red, if the heat he felt was any indication. He heard Taecyeon chuckled before he felt a tug to his hand, only now realizing that Taecyeon had been holding on to his hand all along. No wonder Junho had said what he said.

 

“Kaja,” Taecyeon suggested.

 

“Mhmmm…”


“We are in a relationship where we can know what the other is feeling just by looking at each other’s face” – Kim Minjun during 2PM FRaU Oct. 2016 Interview.

 

Minjun strongly believed in his statement for the FRaU magazine. However, for the life of him, he could not understand what was going through Taecyeon’s mind at the moment. Maybe it was sleep clouding his brain. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes and looked up at a seething Taecyeon, trepidation creeping into his heart but slowed down by drowsiness. The wheels in his muddled brain was turning too slowly for him to make sense of the situation.

 

Since the day he took that fearful step towards Taecyeon and muttered a bashful “hey”, the frequency of Taecyeon coming over to his house had gradually increased. There were times he would be there even before Minjun himself had arrived home, always with one type of offering in his hands or another. Dog food, clothes, kimchi, other side dishes, sweaters and blankets were just a fraction of the various ‘gifts’ from Taecyeon that had slowly filled his home; not including the homemade or store-bought meals that they would have together. After coming home to a crouching Taecyeon by the door more times than he was comfortable with, Minjun had opted to make a duplicate key so that he could wait inside instead. It wasn’t long before Taecyeon decided to use the key to bring him breakfast too. He had opposed at first, not wanting Taecyeon to exhaust himself, what with his full schedule, but the other assured that he would only do it when he was not tired or when Minjun’s house was on the way to his scheduled destination. From the start, Minjun had no choice but to give in since there was no use arguing when Taecyeon had his mind made up. Which was why said person was standing by Minjun’s bed with a bag of take-away in his hand even before Minjun had woken up that day.

 

“Get up.” The firm order penetrated the blackness that was Minjun’s dreamless slumber.

 

Minjun whined and buried further into blissful warmth, not wanting to leave his relaxed state just yet.

 

“I said, up.” This time the voice giving the order was much colder, as if bellying a dam full of rage behind it.

 

Minjun protested when the warm, firm, surface beneath his cheek moved and his head landed on a colder, softer surface.

 

“Taec-hyung? What are you doing here?” a soft, groggy voice replied to the first.

 

“I should be asking you that. I brought breakfast. Why don’t you bring it down and heat it up.” His sentences were curt and made to sound more like an order instead of a suggestion, permitting no rebuke.

 

“Arasso…” Junho sighed as he rubbed his eyes with one hand and at the same time trying to retract his other hand from underneath Minjun’s waist.

 

He started searching for his pants and shirt, trying to differentiate them from his hyung’s from the bundle on the floor. Only finding his pants, he gave up and sat on the bed, lazily dragging the pants up his legs and thigh. Not even zipping up, he scuffed towards Taecyeon and took the bag from his hand.

 

“Good morning, hyung,” he greeted as he yawned and walked out the door, scratching his head and shoulders the whole way.

 

He had not looked at his hyung closely, because if he had, he would have noticed that the morning had not been good for his hyung so far. If he had looked closer, he would have noticed the clenched jaw, the thick, bulging veins in his neck and on his temple, the bunched, impermeable fists held rigidly by his sides and most prominently, the cold glare aimed at his direction. Alas, Junho was too tired from the Gentlemen’s Game’s fan-signing event they had yesterday and too sleepy from the late-night talk he had with his Jun-hyung to notice the storm brewing within his Taec-hyung. Completely oblivious, he walked out of the warzone unscathed.

 

Taecyeon closed the door with a soft click even as his hand itched to slam it at hard as he could. His hands trembled from the strain of trying to hold in his outrage and bitterness. Once done, he turned to face the sleeping form on the bed, half-covered by a grey comforter.

 

“Minjun.”

 

He tried to keep the anger out of his voice, but it still came out gruffed.

 

Minjun felt a nagging feeling tugging at his heart, warning him to get up or else. Still, he grumbled as he sat up, mussing up his hair as he squinted up to look at an obviously livid Taecyeon. Surprise had him rubbing his eyes to see more clearly as he cautiously greeted him.

 

“Morning,” he croaked out, adding a little smile for good measure.

 

Still, Taecyeon gave no indication of softening, his stance rigid, eyes unfriendly.

 

“Put some clothes on. You’re n*aked.” He pointed out in disdain, a loud scowl marring his features.

 

His tone gave Minjun pause before he decided to defend himself,“I still have my boxers on.”

 

“Yeah. Doesn’t leave much to the imagination now, does it?” Taecyeon snapped.

 

Minjun halted his move to get down the bed and looked back at Taecyeon, trying to figure out what had happened so early in the morning for his friend to act so hostile.

 

“Had fun with your beloved dongsaeng yesterday? Junbros are obviously not brothers anymore now, huh?” He had not raised his voice but his tone was growing colder with every word spoken.

 

His worry for his friend gradually turned to annoyance, but Minjun decided he should be the cool-headed one for now and not add fuel to fire. He just needed to figure out what was wrong.

 

“What happened, Taec? Why don’t you sit down and we’ll talk it out? You’ll feel better.”

 

“What happened, Minjun-sshi, is you and Junho n*aked and cuddling in bed,” Taecyeon whispered harshly so as not to be overheard by Junho but his voice was, by now, downright frosty.

 

Minjun found himself losing his patience.

 

“So what? Chansung sleeps in my bed too when he comes over, so does Chance-hyung and Changdai-hyung and my other friends. Where else should they sleep? It’s not like I have a guest room!” he whispered back harshly, not wanting to be overheard too.

 

“Oh, I don’t know, the COUCH?! And why do you have to be n*aked?! Is sleeping around something to be proud of?!” Taecyeon grabbed a handful of clothes on the floor by the bed and hurled it in Minjun’s face.

 

Minjun felt the clothes hit his face like a physical slap. He watched them fall onto his lap and his anger spiraled out of control. Getting out of bed, he stood toe to toe in front of Taecyeon. He felt his fury rising an octave higher when Taecyeon simply looked down his nose as if Minjun was nothing more than an annoying bug on his shoe.

 

“For the last time!” he shoved as hard as he could at Taecyeons chest, aggravated when he did not even budge,” I. Am. Not. N*aked.” He punctuated each word with a prod to Taecyeon’s chest.

 

Turning around to snatch the clothes on his bed, he continued his tirade. “You knew very well I don’t wear anything but boxers when I sleep. We have been roommates for years! The others do it too. You yourself do it too!!”

 

He haphazardly pulled on a pair of shorts,” I don’t know why you are making a big deal out of this. We have been doing great this past few weeks. Why do you have to do this?”

 

Pulling a shirt over his head, he turned back towards Taecyeon. “I have done all that I can, all that you ask of me. I. Do. Not. Deserve. This.” He poked Taecyeon’s chest again, feeling satisfaction as the flames behind those eyes burn brighter.

 

A reaction. Good. That was what he wanted. Keeping a finger poked against said chest, he looked Taecyeon right in the eye and whispered,” maybe we had just been fooling ourselves, Taec, because, god, I don’t understand you.”

 

With that, he turned away and headed for the door. Just as he was reaching for the knob, he felt a rough tug on his shoulder. He shrugged it away and reached for the knob again. This time, his elbow was rudely grabbed and he was harshly turned around.

 

“Let go.” He warned.

 

Taecyeon pressed him up flushed against the door, his grip on Minjun’s shoulders unyielding.

 

“I said, let-” Minjun started struggling,” Go!” He thumped Taecyeon’s chest with both fists.

 

Taecyeon grabbed his chin and forced him to look up before his expressions morphed into one of a surprise.

 

“Why…why are you crying?” he asked, bewildered.

 

“What the hell are you saying now? I’m not- “ he started to deny, then felt a lone tear slowly flowing down his cheek as more tears warped Taecyeon’s face from view.

 

He started wiping them away but Taecyeon stopped him by grabbing his wrists.

 

“Let me go, Taec. Please.” He muttered, twisting his wrists.

 

“Tell me.” Taecyeon ordered instead, pinning his shackled wrists to the door, on either sides of his head.

 

Damn you,” Minjun thought and clamped up, staring defiantly at Taecyeon, another tear making its way down his cheek.

 

Taecyeon growled -actually growled- low in his throat and tightened his hold. “there are other ways to unseal those lips,” he whispered threateningly, his face mere inches from Minjun’s, their noses almost touching. The look in his eyes said that he was not joking.

 

Minjun felt genuine fear just then and started struggling for real.

 

“F*uck you Taec! Who do you think you are?! I don’t know why I’m crying! Maybe because you are frustrating the hell out of me. Maybe because things have been going so well these past weeks but now this!! Maybe because I don’t know what more you want from me!!” he yawped amidst his struggles and occasional sobs because now he could feel the cracks in his heart like a physical pain.

 

The clamor must have finally alerted Junho because now Minjun could hear and feel bangings from the other side of the door and Junho’s demands for it to be opened. Minjun struggled harder, trying to reach for the knob by his side. So keen was he to get to the knob that he did not notice Taecyeon closing in on him until Taecyeon’s lips clashed onto his. He went stock still, too shocked to even push Taecyeon’s face away or turn his own face away. It might have been a matter of seconds but to Minjun it felt like an eternity had passed before Taecyeon pulled his face back. He looked Minjun in the eye for any kind of reaction, but Minjun was too dazed to focus on his face. He absently noticed the blood on the corner of Taecyeon’s lips and registered the coppery taste on his own. For a few heartbeats, or it may be the pounding on the door from Junho as Minjun swore his heart had stopped beating, Taecyeon just stared at him.

 

Finally, he sighed in defeat, his head hung low enough that Minjun could see the crown of his head. He looked back up into Minjun’s eyes, his grip around Minjun’s wrists tightening just a fraction more, and voiced, “This. This is what I want from you.”

 

He stared a second longer and Minjun saw in his eyes the exact moment his resolve crumbled. Hesitantly, he let go of Minjun’s wrist, his thumbs lingering over the bruises forming where his hand had been. As he stepped back, his face mirrored utter dejection and hurt, as if all hope was lost. When he raised his hand again, Minjun could not help but flinch and move away. His expression turned to stone then and he reached for the knob to open the door. Junho immediately barged in and pushed him away, wrapping his hands around his Jun-hyung.

 

Taecyeon let himself be pushed away and watched as his dongsaeng embraced Minjun. Minjun was still looking at him, his expression unreadable, a drop of red at the corner of his lips. Taecyeon could not take it anymore.

 

“Contact me if you want it too,” he grunted before stomping out the room.

 

MInjun heard the front door slammed and felt the finality of his situation. He wrapped his arms around Junho who was whispering comforting words, and buried his face in the other’s neck. He wanted so much to scream and cry but his voice was stuck in his throat and the tears just refused to come.

 


I am alive, guys!!! Just in case you thought I have succumbed to the fates of most students mugging from exams. hehehe Sorry for the long wait. I was having troubles writing this chapter. Maybe cause Taeckay fighting breaks my heart to pieces too T^T

I know the boys all only wear boxers from their My House vids as well as their dorm vids. Junho and Minjun was definately NOT wearing tops at the end of their My House vids. Also MInjun is such a cuddler from the pics below. So of course, he would cuddle up to anyone he was sleeping next too. If you watch idol army, he was lying straight on his back when he first went to sleep but he ended up curling into Chansung. So yeah, a definate cuddler. <3 <3

This chapter is dedicated to EunM15 and at @princessofde for motivating me when I almost gave up writing. I love you guys so much xoxo

EunM15 here's the kiss you wanted! Though it may not be how you wanted it to be. Hehe.

And to all those wishing well for my exams GOMAWO JINJA!!! <3<3<3 Looking at you funzzz and EunM15 . As you can see, I have survived ^^,

Shoutout to gummidee too for subscribing!!