The First Contact

Hold On You [ON HOLD UNTIL I GRT MY LAPTOP FIXED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeonghan's POV

The morning after our visitors came was silent. The Alpha's scent in the house was still as fresh in my nostrils as the night before that there is this unrelenting urge to clean every nook and cranny with a strong disinfectant. Breakfast was ready when I left my room, so even though I don't have the appetite for it, I still sat and slowly nibbled on my food. Then I got up to put the dishes on the sink, only to find my mother standing close behind me.

She took my plate back down and held my hands in hers. "Jeonghan-ah~ I know today will be difficult, but please bear with it a little more, hmm?"

I know my mother only wants the best for me and I love her for that, but this... it only attracts painful memories that I'd rather put behind me.

"I just... I don't understand why it has to be here, mom. We were supposed to be running away... not moving into another nightmare."

She raised her hands to cup my face gently. "This is different baby, you just can't see it yet. That Alpha and his pack will be good for you. Trust me."

In all honestly, I don't understand what my mom is doing most of the time. But I have learned to stop questioning her everytime.

I went to school an hour before my first class so I have enough time to meet with my teachers and see what I need to catch up on.
The school is the same as it was yesterday... but somehow the surrounding was dulled at the edges, the enthusiasm that I have built then is now gone.

I found the teachers' offices in the same building where I got my schedules. Fortunately, all the teachers are already there in preparation for today's classes so I don't have to spend more time looking for them. The only bad news is that Kim Youngwoon is there as well.

My teachers were kind enough to give me study outlines of what has already been tackled in class and some also gave lists of reference materials. So by the time I left the office, I have at least 10 books that I have to read and make a report about. I was about to close the door when Mr. Kim called for my attention. I was tempted to act as if I didn't hear him but I'm afraid of offending the Alpha, so I waited. I looked at his eyes once before lowering my glance in submission so that his wolf will not see me as a challenger or a perfect prey. Just like last night, I'm having goosebumps just by being around the man. In the end, Mr. Kim just called to remind me of our tutoring later that day.

The morning classes passed by naturally without any incident. My seat partner still spent the day hunched on his table, sleeping. Then, I had lunch together with my new friends. Jimin has been grumbling about his last class. Apparently, the last hour of Tuesdays and Thursdays are alloted for club activities. Jimin, who is part of the dance club, just dreads the two new choreography they're preparing for the festival. 

"The opening ceremony," Ren probably saw my confusion, so he started to explain "is one of the most anticipated part of the festival. To the point where parents and students from other schools visit and stay to participate on the activities." 

"So Mr. Lee has been alloting every free time we have to practice, and that's on top of extra practice hours after school. I love dancing and I enjoy what we do but it's just that I'm too exhausted to do anything else anymore."

True enough, Jimin was scolded for the first time in his life by the Trig and Physics teacher for sleeping in their respective classes that day.

I, on the other hand, don't know what to join as of yet. Minki assured me that I can just sit in on any of the club that I'm interested in for now to get the feel of how it works before I decide on anything definite. Consulting the list that Minki gave, I considered the Japanese Culture club (that would be the easiest, growing up in Japan and all) and the basketball team (I've always enjoyed playing the game ever since dad taught me how to drib

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter