The Alpha In the House

Hold On You [ON HOLD UNTIL I GRT MY LAPTOP FIXED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Have you ever had dinner with your best friend and his ex, which is now your girlfriend? Awkward right?? Well, that's not how awkward dinner is for me... IT IS FAR WORSE! Even the plentiful meal in front of me which I'm sure to be as delicious as those on 5-star restaurants (thank my mom for that) tastes bland on my tongue.

 

How can anyone calmly eat across a creature that makes your instinct go haywire? The lively chatter around the table, mainly by the two women, doesn't lessen the drumming of my heart, even mom's steady presence beside me doesn't have it's usual calming effect.

 

So here I am, sitting rigidly across my adviser, just pushing my food around my plate. I feel his gaze heavy on me the whole dinner except on those occational times where he shifts his attention to answer a question or give his opinion on some matters. Taeyeon tried hard to keep me on the conversation at first by asking me about my first day at school and my interests but my short answers seem to discourage anymore questions. Though I appreciate that and her worried glaces afterwards, I still want to have the dinner over and done with.

 

I keep asking myself why didn't I notice this presence earlier today. Or maybe I did, remembering the strange sensation I felt during class, but maybe because there's a lot of people around the school and I was more worried about not making a fool of myself in a new environment, the feeling was kid of diluted and I was able to shrug it off as nerves. Yes, I think that was it.

 

I braved stealing a glance and saw that he's still observing me which made me drop my gaze quickly. His mere presence freaks the daylights out of me despite him being calm. So imagine my utter relief when dinner was deemed finish regardless of my untouched strawberry ice cream. I got myself up to help gather the dishes and clean the table, then volunteered myself in washing them just to escape their company. "Out of all the places in this country and all the houses in this town, of course, she just have to pick the one with an Alpha across the street!" I felt a mental jab in my head "I heard that!"

 

I heard mom offer coffee from the living room and I released the breath I didn't know I held as I deposited the dishes in the sink.

 

"That's a deep sigh you've got there." The deep voice made me jump. I turned around to see Mr. Kim still in his seat. His presence so intense inside the whole house that it didn't matter where he is. I just assumed the man went to the living room with his wife and my mom. Yes, that's right. The delicate little Taeyeon is wife to Kim Youngwoon, my homeroom teacher and, unfortunately for me, the scary Alpha in town.

 

I lowered my eyes a fraction as quickly as I can so it won't be taken as a challenge and raise aggresion from him. It doesn't matter that I'm at home with all the protective enchantments mom put up against outsiders and that she's just a room away. An Alpha is an Alpha, and he won't react well on a blatant challenge to his dominance just like a direct eye contact would do."MOM!!!!" I tried to send a mental shout out to my mom and received a response immediately "You will be fine, honey. He won't do anything to you." Her firm voice surprised me but did nothing to assure me at all.

 

"You were fine at school earlier. I saw you chatting with some students at lunch. Why the sudden change?" His voice was plain curious, calm even, but my heart kept raging on. I heard his chair scrape the floor as he stood then his slow footsteps toward me. I t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter