The Beginning

Hold On You [ON HOLD UNTIL I GRT MY LAPTOP FIXED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

BANG! KA-BLAG!

 

A resounding noise filled the air as a willowy boy fell tumbling off the stairs accompanied by two medium sized boxes. The boy landed,staggering but unscathed, on his feet but the same can't be said with the numerous CD's that fell out of one of the boxes while the books from the other seemed to be safe in his arms.

 

Seventeen year old, Yoon Jeonghan sighed in defeat as he gave up on moving the boxes upstairs to his room at the same time.

 

"Honestly, Jeonghan, if I weren't there when you were born, I'd definitely think you're not my son." His mom said as she went back to the kitchen to continue whatever it is she's doing before she heard him fall. "We just moved in so please put the wrecking job off for later or at least, up until I finished unpacking the remaining boxes."

 

"Mom, if you weren't there, there wouldn't even be me." He said following her to the kitchen.

 

"You and your smart mouth. You really ARE my son." He chuckled, hearing the rolling of her eyes. "Don't you want to take your boxes to your room before the visitors arrive?" She said turning to face him, her right brow raised and her lips in an almost innocent smile.

 

"Mom, we just arrived. Surely, you haven't told anyone we know where we are. And besides it's just before lunch, no neighbor will be home to greet us just yet." He said in a shrug followed by the not-yet-familiar ring on the door. The mother and son exchanged looks, the mother had an 'I-told-you-so' kind of face while he had an incredulous look.

 

The doorbell rang again causing for the young man to jump off his chair and to hurriedly open the door. But not before he haphazardly shoved the fallen things back to their box and somehow fix his appearance. He opened the door ready with his most charming smile.

 

Jeonghan opened the door to a lovely woman. He might have mistaken her for a teenager if not for the conspicuous white gold band on her left ring finger. She has long blonde hair tied in a loose braid over her left shouder and her icy blue eyes shines with warmth as she smiled at him.

 

"Good afternoon. I'm Kim Taeyeon and I live just across the street." She said introducing herself.

 

"Mom! We have a visitor..." He shouted before turning back to their visitor. "Please, come in. My mom is in the kitchen, maybe trying to figure out which cupboard is best for each of everything." He said conspirationally that made her giggle softly. Her voice rang melodiously in the living room. It reminded him of the wind chimes his grandmother used to hang in his room during springbreak.

 

He led her to sit on the couch but his mom came out just before they got seated.

 

Taeyeon introduced herself again when Mrs. Yoon emerged from the kitchen. "I came to give you a small 'welcome-to-the-neighborhood gift'." She added before handing her the medium sized container she was holding. Jeonghan got a whiff

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter