Vision

Snow Flowers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two chapters!!! YAY..this story is ending next week by the way, I already wrote the ending...so get ready to say BYE BYE...there are 5 Chapters left..

 

“Oh god...” Jaejoong stammered, pacing back and forth.  

“Did...you get a vision?” I asked.

“Yeah...I...did...the guy...who...I...fought...is the...guy whose...drowning her...”

“What’s her name?!” I asked.

“So-Hyun...”

Oh god. Oh ing god.

“We need to find her!” I exclaimed, grabbing my coat off the rack. “Do you know where she is? Did you see something? Where was she?!”

“I...think...Yonghwa...bridge...that’s where...she...was....” he stammered, his eyes bouncing back and forth.

“I’m going there! You stay here!” I cried, putting my shoes on.

“No....I’m....coming....with...you,” he stammered from behind.

“No,” I said, clutching his wrist as I turned around. “It’s not safe.”

“I...don’t...care!” he cried, swatting his hand away from me. “I...want...to...see...if she’s safe...”

“Fine,” I said. “But you have to stick with me, okay?!”

“I will...”

“Oh god,” I said, exiting the door. “How the hell are we going to get there in time with no car?!”

“We’ll...run....then....Yonghwa...bridge....is only ten...minutes...away...right?”

“If we run,” I said. “Hold my hand.”

“Okay,” he nodded.

I linked his fingers, our palms nested together as we sprinted towards the end of the road. My coat billowed in the air, lifted by my speed. My limbs were losing its strength as seconds ticked by, but I couldn’t let my tiredness win over. I had to save our witness, not just for the sole purpose of proving Jaejoong innocent, but for her young life also. I couldn’t let that bastard drown her, I just couldn’t.

To our luck, there was a taxi approaching us. I reached out my hand, waving it towards the car. The car’s speed decreased, stopping in front of us.

“Yonghwa bridge please,” I muttered as I entered the car.

Jaejoong closed the door behind him, his stamina weakening as he panted.

“Okay,” the taxi driver said.

“Ahjussi...I’ll pay you more...if you...go...really fast,” I said, inkling forwards. “I’ll pay you 5000 won more.”

“I don’t want to-,”

“Just do it please!” I cried, letting my desperation take over.

“Oh...okay...” he agreed.

The car’s speed increased by a tenfold as the engine grew louder. The buildings whirled past as, seeming like a blur. The world seemed as if it was getting into a black hole. I gripped onto the handles, praying for So-Hyun’s safety.

She didn’t know what she was getting into. I just asked her for a testimony, that’s all. I didn’t mean to harm her, nor get her into trouble. Aish, why was the world so cruel? That bastard, I’ll sure catch him. I don’t know what his intentions were, or why he needed my recorder. But my instincts told me it had something to do with Jaejoong and I.

“Thank you ahjussi,” I said, dumping the wad of cash in his hands.

 I was uncertain if I gave him the right amount, but who the cared? There was a dying girl I needed to save!

“Let’s go,” I said, opening the door.

Jaejoong opened the door from his side, soon running over to me. “Where is she?” he asked, scanning the path ahead of him.

“...did...she die already?!”

“Don’t...say...that!” Jaejoong exclaimed.

A sudden plop caught my attention, causing me to turn around. Water splashed everywhere, sending ripples on the surface. Oh god.

“That....man!” Jaejoong exclaimed, pointing at the diminishing figure. “You...go...get...that...man...while...I...save....So-Hyun...”

“Do...do you know how to swim?!” I exclaimed.

“Yeah...I...do...” Jaejoong nodded. “I’m...going...so...go get...that guy...”

To my surprise, an object bounced at my feet. Exhilaration burst throughout me, realizing it was the recorder. I picked it up, shoving it in my pockets. Right now, my goal was to catch that bastard.   

“Yah!! Bastard!!” I cried, sprinting towards his shadow.

I got closer as I ran over his shadow. “!”

Before pouncing on him, he managed to escape my wrath as he jumped inside a black truck. My frustration grew at its peak as my legs failed me from matching the car’s speed. Like a bolt of lightning, the headlights flashed within my eyes, soon disappearing as it turned to another road.

Why did that truck look familiar? 

“! ! !” I cried, crashing to the ground. “Why does that bastard...always get away?!”

I crouched on the ground, catching my breath.

“Oh right...the...recorder...” I panted.

I pulled out the recorder, pressing the play button.

Oh .

Nothing was playing. Pressing the buttons, I shuffled through the whole thing, resulting in nothing but static.

“!” I yelled.

“It’s important to back up files...you never know what’s going to happen...” Junsu informed, taking the recorder from me.

“You’re right...” I said.

Junsu and I were sitting at the table situated at the corner of the grocery shop. Apparently it was the spot So-Hyun used to sit in as she watched her grandmother work. Junsu’s laptop was on the computer, along with a USB chord.

“It might take a while to back up...there’s a LOT of files,” Junsu stated.

“How much?” I asked.

“30 GB worth of files...”

“Wow! Can a recorder hold that much?!” I asked. “That’s more than my phone...”

“This recorder seems like those high-end ones...well back in its day,” Junsu said. “I’m also putting the files in a USB and my external hard drive...just to be extra careful....”

“You know Junsu, you’re always thinking ahead,” I said, wagging my finger.

“It’s called common sense.”

“Right.”

, thank god Junsu backed it up. How could have I forgotten?

See? You can play tricks on me, but you’ll never succeed. Life is a game, and thinking ahead was a necessity. 

I gathered my composure, soon bolting to the opposite end of the bridge. Stooping from below, two heads were moving within the body of water.

“Jaejoong!!! I’m...going to save you two!” I cried.

Even though I knew Jaejoong’s capability to swim, his health was at its worse. I couldn’t let him stay in the cold for too long. I escaped the bridge, soon running down the hill leading to the water.

“So-hyun-ah!” I cried.

Jaejoong had So-Hyun’s unconscious body in his arms. Despair filled his eyes as he looked at So-Hyun. He kneeled down, putting her on the ground.

“I...I...” he stammered.

“She’s probably not dead...” I said, unsure. “I’ll...call 119...” I said, pulling out my phone.

“...”

“Do you know CPR?” I asked.

“I...think...”

“Just do what you know...you can’t let her die,” I said, dialing the phone number.

“So-Hyun-ah...please...live...” Jaejoong said, tilting her head back.  

“Hello? This is 119.”

“There’s...a...girl who drowned at Yonghwa bridge....” I stammered.

“How is this girl’s condition?”

“She’s....she’s...unconscious...” I said.

“Perhaps, do you know how to do CPR?” the woman asked.

“My....my friend....is doing it...”

“Keep doing that until we arrive or she gains her consciousness back, okay? We’ll be there very soon...”

“Oh...okay...thank you....”

I hung up on the phone, shoving it back in my pockets.

“She’s...not waking up!” Jaejoong cried, gritting his teeth as he pumped her chest. “1...2..3...4...5...6...”

“Don’t worry....” I said, kneeling beside him. “She’ll.....be okay...”

“Come on...please wake up!” he cried. After pumping numerous times, he tilted her head back, soon placing his lips on hers. “Wake...up....”

I couldn’t bear myself to look at So-Hyun. Her limbs were sprawled on the ground, completely frozen. Her lips were purple, and the color of her body had faded. Water beaded every inch of her body, glistening within the darkness. I gripped on her hand, hoping her life would come back.

“Please...live...you’re so young...” I whispered. “You need to experience your first love...your graduation...getting married...and having children...”

Even if I deemed my teenage years as the most painful time of my life, it was also my happiest. I experienced my first love; the light that shone through my darkness. If So-Hyun didn’t get to experience that before taking her last breath, my world would crumble into pity.

“So...let me confirm this, you and Kim Jaejoong saw the man choking her?” the pot-bellied officer asked, glancing at his notepad.

“Yes...” I croaked, slightly spewing out a lie. Technically we didn’t come across the man choking So-Hyun, but Jaejoong saw it in his vision, which wasn’t too far from the truth.

“So, what happened to the suspect? When was your last glimpse of him?” he asked.

“Well...” I said. “I tried to chase him down, but he jumped into a black truck,” I stated.

“I see,” the police said, jotting down my words. “Did you see where he turned?”

“Well, before the truck disappeared from my sight...the truck turned left...which lead to the highway...”

“This man...what was he wearing?” the police asked.

“I believe...” I said, putting a thumb on my chin. “He was wearing really dark clothes...and he was dressed very heavily...like he prepared for this or something...”

“What was his height?” the police asked.

“Hmm...around 178-180 cm?” I stated.

“How about his facial features?”

“Well...it was dark, so I couldn’t make much of it...”

“I see,” he said.

“Oh!” I cried. “That man...he tackled me down two hours prior to the accident...”

“Really? How do you know if it was that man?” the police asked. “And where did that incident occur?”

“Well...it happened in Ddeoldam street at around seven o’clock, after I went to Ddeoldam groceries...where So-Hyun worked...” 

“...”

“And then, when I was walking...that same man tackled me down and stole my recorder.”

“Recorder?” the police asked.

“Yes.”

“Did you manage to get it back?” the officer asked.

“Yeah...while I was trying to chase that guy in that bridge, it fell from his pockets while he was running...so I’m pretty sure they’re the same person.”

“May I see the recorder?” he asked.

I gulped, soon handing it to the officer.

“We’ll take this for evidence,” he said.

“But there’s nothing in it...”

“Yes, but it’ll help us with the investigation...”

“That’s true,” I said, lowering my head.

“And you said this man rode in a black truck?” the officer asked.

“Yes...you’re right.”

“That’s strange, since there was a reported stolen vehicle. And it was a black track,” he grunted.

“Then could it be...”

“That man...” the police said. “Is a robber on the loose...”

“...”

“Well, thank you for your statement Jung Yunho-ssi. We’ll use Kim Jaejoong and yours’s statements to help us with your investigation,” the officer said, flipping his notepad shut.

“Your welcome,” I said.

The police and I shook hands, concluding our conversation. He walked away, shoving the notepad in his back pocket. Behind the officer was a nurse walking out of So-Hyun’s room.

“How...how is So-Hyun?! I asked the nurse, stopping her.

“Luckily, she’s in stable condition.”

“Thank god,” I sighed. “Thank you.”

“You’re very welcome,” she said. “Are you her guardian?”

“No...but her parents are here,” I said, pointing at the ahjumma and ahjussi standing at a reasonable distance from me.

“Okay, I’ll get them to sign the papers then.”

The nurse soon walked away, leaving me with the door to So-Hyun’s room. Even if I’d only known this girl for a day, I somewhat felt the need to protect her.

“How’s my baby?!” So-Hyun’s omma asked, grabbing my arm.

“She’s fine...”

“Thank you...thank you so much for saving her!” So-Hyun’s omma exclaimed, bowing her head.

“It wasn’t me who saved her,” I said. “It was Kim Jaejoong...”

“Kim...Jaejoong?” the woman asked, widening her eyes.

“Yeah...he’s in her room right now.”

“I must thank him then,” she said, looking down. “But thank you for bringing my daughter to the hospital.”

“Your welcome,” I said.

“But...is it true...did someone try to kill my daughter?” she asked, scrunching her eyebrows.

I gulped, preparing myself to answer. “Yes.”

“Omo...” she gasped, losing the color in her face.

“The killer...I’ve already reported him...” I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter