JESLEN - Feathers

A Lion's Roar Review Shop (feat. VIXX's Leo) ARCHIVES

JESLEN (formerly littlemisshappyify) - Feathers

(Requested: 10.7.14, Finished: 7.6.15)

*****Reviewer’s Note: Hey, littlemisshappyify! Let me apologize, first of all, for the long wait… I know that you have been waiting for this review for the better part of nine months. I feel really horrible for making you wait this long… Anyway, I hope the review is to your liking! I made sure to be very observant and notice everything (I could) about your story! Enjoy! Feel free to express your thoughts of the review in the comments below.*****

FIRST IMPRESSIONS – (Please keep in mind that this is a first impression, so allow me to let go of my sanity just for… two or three paragraphs. Maybe four.) Oh, yes! Yes, yes, yes! I knew that I wasn’t the only fangirl of Song Joongki and Nice Guy! I am excited, indeed, about the whole angel and demon theme, the story’s possible allusions to Nice Guy, and the initial meeting between these two awesome characters. I love that first poster of yours; the black and white with a splash of mauve/mahogany really adds to the ambience of the story. Already, I get the feeling that not everything is going to be “black and white.” The splash of color only aims to amplify the angst and fantasy within the story. Granted, all posters are up to the creativity of the poster shop and designer, but I would have to say that the shop did a fantastic job portraying the theme of your story. The pictures are perfect, too. Oh, yeah. Let the angst ensue because I’m ready for it!

Here I am, getting ahead of myself. Let me take a moment to collect my thoughts. Even first impressions need order sometimes…

Now, if you have read my other reviews, you probably know that I’m a er for simple forewords. Your foreword is not simple, but that does not deter me from liking it. The complexity of your foreword is its charm. You clearly know how to use the foreword to your advantage, with that poster, the logline, the short description (which is, by the way, a phenomenal hook), the trailer, a second poster, and that disclaimer on the bottom. The foreword is complex because you are careful and meticulous. You care about your readers and because you do, you take the time to lay out all the cards in your hand. There are no illusions, no tricks, up your sleeve. The objective of the story is clear and that is all that matters.

Sometimes, simple forewords can be too abstract. Some authors want to keep their readers guessing and there are times when that works. Mystery, drama, and slice-of-life are all genres that do not need information to keep readers interested. That is the point of those genres. Abstractedness is meant to keep readers from wandering and it can be applied to each of those genres without damaging the first impression of the story. Keep that in mind whenever you plan on writing stories within those genres. Abstraction could be your greatest ally.

The best thing about forewords that are a bit more complex (the meaning here is not that of “convolution,” but of “expansion”) is that authors are given room to be a bit more “honest.” Let me rephrase that. When each element is laid out in order, from the title, then the tags, the poster, the logline, description, so on and so forth, an author is focused on being honest and open with his or her readers. This is probably why many people have “discovered” your story. Yes, I read some of the comments; don’t judge me, I simply couldn’t resist. XD Everything about your foreword is neat and tidy, which convinces your readers that you care, perhaps, more than you need to.

My first impression? Your foreword is incredibly appealing and I am totally invested. Not because of Song Joongki (who just got out of the army, looking not a day freaking older) or Nice Guy or my shipping of Moon Chaewon and Song Joongki, but because you have a rock solid idea. Your foreword sets the pace of the rest of the story, and I have to say, you have gotten off to a great start.

TITLE – I know that you were feeling a bit “iffy” about your title and I understand why. Coming up with a title is like choosing a name: it’s permanent, at least, in terms of your story. All authors have the dilemma of coming up with the perfect title for their stories, so really, you are not (never) alone in this struggle. I don’t want to get ahead of myself in commenting on this because I have problems with creating perfect titles myself. Instead, I will tell you what works and what doesn’t work with your title. Keep in mind that this is all from my perspective; many people will not share the same opinions as me. You are free to take or leave my opinions at your discretion.

Things that work:

  1. “Feathers” as a title is unique. Without the accompaniment of, say, a quantifier (numbers or words like “many” or “few”) or an adjective, the word “feathers” really stands out. It goes straight to the heart of the supposed theme of your story. In fact, I was quite surprised that you questioned your title choice. I think that it is quite special, since I have never seen a story with this title before.
  2. “Feathers” as a title is nice and simple. It is interesting that as a simple title, it welcomes a string of images that work well with the tone of your story. Feathers are always associated with birds and angels, and thus, they are always pertaining to notions of flight. However, instead of “Wings,” you use “Feathers.” This is fascinating, because feathers are only recognized if they are separated from wings. They are what we would consider “severed particles” of wings. Therefore, without reading your story beforehand, I can conclude that the theme of your story could very well be about falling apart or separation. It is a beautiful concept when coupled with the image of feathers.
  3. “Feathers” in its literal and figurative meanings is light (and hopeful). I know that you meant for this story to be angst-y, but the title suggests that there is hope. It is the same in Nice Guy. (Please note here that Nice Guy is interchangeable with Innocent Man. Both titles are similar, but they have slightly distinct differences.) I will do my best here not to give away or spoil the Nice Guy plot. The drama truly plays on what it means to “be a nice guy.” Would a nice guy be willing to take on dire consequences in place of the woman he loves? Or would he be willing to destroy the lives of others for the sake of the greater good of his friends and family? The title of the drama itself is somewhat of a misnomer. It suggests something light and hopeful, while the plot and its characters are quite twisted. It is the same for your story. Since Feathers give a different image than what your story is truly about, the title itself is a misnomer. I think misnomers are great because it attracts readers.

Things that don’t work:

  1. “Feathers” as a title might be too simple. If readers simply sifted through recently updated stories on the AFF homepage, “Feathers” may be too simple a title to attract their attention. I’m not saying that your story hasn’t garnered any attention, because it clearly has. However, I’m saying this because although your title is unique, your story may not garner the amount of attention it deserves because of its simplicity.
  2. “Feathers” may be too light and hopeful. This is my biggest concern about your title. Your story is clearly angst. The poster, the drama that inspired you, and your entire foreword suggest an angst-y overtone, perhaps even crossing over the border of a psychological thriller (maybe that genre is a bit too intense, but you know what I mean). Readers might wonder why such a lighthearted title is used for an angst story.

(*Note that these are just possible negatives about your title. I do not believe that your title is lacking in any way, but since you seem a bit “on-the-fence” about the title, I am simply relaying my observations to you.)

Here are my suggestions:

  1. Add a quantifier. This may be effective in terms of giving your readers more clues about what the story will be about. For example, if you use “The Three Feathers,” inferences would pop up everywhere. Is the title an allusion to “The Three Stooges” or “The Three Musketeers?” Is the title a suggestion of a tripling of some sort? A tri-force? Or perhaps something like a ? Such a title would attract questions and possibly, great interest in the story. Then again, that example isn’t very strong to begin with. (In fact, I think it’s pretty lame, haha.) This could work, so feel free to experiment with this.
  2. Add an adjective. Adjectives, as you probably well know, are descriptive words. Physical, emotional, mental, and other sorts of descriptions can be very useful. For example, if you use “Withered Feathers,” the tone is immediately established in the title. It can be used for one of three genres: angst, drama, and horror. Or something in between. From the poster and description, I can assume that your story will be about separation or deterioration. “Withered Feathers” can accurately portray both themes. Also, the rhyme is quite nice and there is a steady rhythm to it. I would highly suggest this route if you are still unsatisfied with your title.
  3. If you still feel the need to change the title, take a step back and rethink about the reason why you chose the title. I don’t know the reason why you chose the title, but you do. I think that your title is fine the way it is. But, titles are indeed very important. You may want to rethink the title and its impact before moving on.

FOREWORD/DESCRIPTION – I have already confessed my great love for your poster, but I really can’t help it if I want to analyze it a bit more. I want to give major, major props to the person who designed that poster, not only because I am utterly incapable of creating such a masterpiece myself, but also because I think it truly represents the tone and theme of your story. The juxtapositions between the usage of black and white (there are degrees of “blackness,” but not of white; and there is more black than there is white), Moon Chaewon’s sunny expression and Song Joongki’s y sorrowful one, and the largeness of Song Joongki’s picture in comparison to Moon Chaewon’s picture can all contribute to several interpretations of the story.

Unlike what your title promises (light and hope), the poster ensures that the story will be heavy. Sadness, anger, pain, perhaps even madness, are emotions that are perfectly infused with everything in the poster. Yet, as the title suggests, there is a glimmer of hope. The patches of white and Chaewon’s glowing smile all suggest that maybe the story might end happily. If not happily, then the potential for happiness. Also, although the poster involves both Chaewon and Joongki, Joongki’s picture is clearly the center of attention. It isn’t because of his stunning good looks (I swear, I need to stop fangirling, but it’s really impossible at this point), but rather, because of his solemn expression. Nice Guy was the type-cast breaker for Song Joongki. Sungkyunkwan Scandal, Penny Pinchers, and Werewolf Boy all portrayed him to be a whimsical, quirky, and attractive young man. But, his image took a much different turn with Nice Guy. All “nice guys” have a reason for being nice. Thanks to Kang Maru, I have a better understanding about why guys, especially nice guys, do the things they do. What I’m trying to say in this mess of words is that based on the poster, I can infer that Joongki will bear the heavier load in this fanfic, just as his character did in Nice Guy.

Now, moving on to your logline and description, I was very happy that you chose an “angels and demons” concept. It may be supernatural, but it deals with the afterlife in an astonishing way. Many people have their ideas about such beings. I personally believe that they are real. ^^ Unfortunately, I have something constructive to say about these two sections. Being the Grammar Nazi I am (and I truly apologize for this), I need to point out a few things.

First of all, the first half of your logline is in past “past” tense and the second half is in past future tense. Using “had fallen” means that not only did the event happen in the past, it happened before the timeline of your story. The usage of “would” suggests an event that will happen in the future from a “past tense perspective.” Words such as “had” and “would” make your sentences passive and we don’t ever want to do that, to ourselves or to our readers. In other words, the grammar you used here is extremely complicated to explain, so let’s just make it less complicated. Instead of, “An angel had fallen from the sky… a demon would come after her,” what about, “An angel fell from the sky… a demon came after her”? Both are saying the exact same thing. Also, the language is now active. Your narrative can now move forward.

Second of all, your description is awesome, but the grammar is a bit… off-putting. I know that this will be an amazing story, but the goal here is to reach an English-speaking and reading audience. It shows that you are lazy and that you don’t care about your readers if you pay no attention to your grammar. No, you don’t need to be an expert at grammar, but if you are meticulous enough to include all of these wonderful things into your foreword, I believe that it is best to present your description with the same quality as those other things.

Here is what you have so far:

An angel had fallen from the sky
She was given the task to collect all her missing feathers
to regain her memories and go back to Heaven.

But what would happen if the most powerful demon would come after her
and would try everything to destroy her?

I will not go into details here about what is grammatically incorrect and why, but will leave a suggestion with you.

*Suggestions

An angel *fell from the sky
She was given the task *of collecting all her missing feathers
*in order to regain her memories and *return to Heaven

*But, what *will happen if Hell’s most powerful demon came after her
and *tried everything in his power to destroy her?

I apologize if I’m a little harsh here. Grammar is also important in writing, even though scores of people around the world detest the “practice.”

Nevertheless, I thoroughly enjoyed the trailer. Although it was simple, it was done quite tastefully. Did you request “Back in Time” by Lyn (The Moon that Embraces the Sun OST) or did your trailer maker choose it? I thought it was well-fitted for the story and those clips from Nice Guy were superb. Since I have no idea how to make a trailer myself, I have no idea how or what to critique about the trailer. I can only conclude that it portrays the theme of your story well enough to prepare your readers for the whirlwind of emotions that awaits them. Watching the trailer made me excited for your story all over again. :D

Good job for putting a disclaimer or “warning label” on the bottom. I can get a sense that you care about the well-being of your readers and I commend you for that. ^^

Now, onwards and upwards!

PLOT – (*Note that I just finished reading the chapters of your story, so you are free to disregard my earlier observations if you wish.)

I am going to be honest here. I was surprised, very pleasantly, by your plot. I know that I should not have been surprised, given the fact that I had such high hopes in my first impression. But, I was surprised, nevertheless. Sure, there are many stumbling blocks (I will discuss these things in later sections), but none of those things distracted me from your masterful plot. You still have yet to finish your story, since you are only nine chapters in, but you have a solid foundation. There are some, well, not some, but quite a few angst stories that have very feeble foundations. As a result of such foundations, narrative structures and characterizations crumble, leaving an extremely fragile story that can break with the slightest plot, character, or narrative change. In other words, a story with a weak foundation will be too feeble to leave an impact on readers. It will just be another story. 

The good thing about your story is that since it has a strong foundation, it will not crumble. It is not just another story. There are so many things that I love about your plot that I cannot simply list them all without going into further detail of each thing. So, for the sake of brevity, I will list and expand on just a few impactful things about your plot so far.

  1. The opening chapter with Chaewon bleeding on the beach is incredibly vivid. The imagery of being in the water (literally, in the “waters of Death”) while bleeding profusely casts a wild spell on readers like me. Angels are often viewed as wholesome beings, and their full, outstretched wings are usually the pinnacle image of angelic perfection. Therefore, when I read your opening, it was difficult for me to imagine such a broken woman as an angel, or a fallen angel, of God. Angels are not supposed to be broken, maimed, or injured in any way. If they are, they are not angels, plain and simple. And I guess that it is this jarring juxtaposition between what is and what should not be (brokenness and wholesomeness) that makes the opening chapter so impactful. I was thrown right into confusion from the beginning, just as Chaewon wakes up into confusion. You did a great job here, making your character in the beginning beyond pitiful; she is simply a person that needs help. We do not feel pity for Chaewon’s situation, but rather, sympathy. We want to help her.
  2. When Bora is introduced through Gyuri, it is unexpected and tastefully so. Although this is not necessarily a plot twist, it resembles one, for it is completely unexpected. There are times when plot twists can be unusual or misplaced, resulting in awkward transitions and disappointed readers. Thankfully, this plot twist does not produce the same effect. On the contrary, I am not disappointed. It is here that Chaewon can finally grasp, even just a little bit, the severity of her situation. Guardians can speak to her through mediums. She is not alone. She may be the only one to complete the task, but she is not alone in her journey. She is finally taking her first step.
  3. The introduction to “The Dark Covenant” in the fourth chapter (which is interesting, since the number “4” is considered to be unlucky in Korea) shocked me a bit. I definitely was not expecting G-Dragon to be so lecherous or Dara to be so cold or Joongki to be so evil. Your demons are not your usual run-of-the-mill demons who possess human bodies and act as humans do for the sake of staying out of hell. (Credit to CW’s Supernatural here) But rather, they are representations of base human desires and as such, their true forms appear to be human, but are not. Save for G-Dragon’s whimsical attitude towards females, it is interesting to see that all of the demons in this group are earnest. They are on earth to do the job they were assigned to do. This is a nice twist in demonic conventions; this gives readers a more realistic view on demons, if anything. 
  4. I like how you established the rules between angels and demons. Angelic power, at least in regards to Chaewon and the guardians, is limited. The angels you portray here are “superior” to human beings, yet wield little to no power in your story. Because of this, humans are easily discarded, while angels can only appear at moments at a time with the aid of human mediums. Does this have anything to do with being on earth? Perhaps. Or maybe I am just reading too much into this. Whatever the case, angels have very little power in your story. Demons, on the other hand, have ample power on earth, and they can do whatever they please to humans. They disregard humans in almost the exact same way angels do. In a way, this imbalance between angels and demons, at least in the earthly realm, is what I like the most about the plot. Demons have the upper hand and thus, this will be a difficult and angst-filled journey for our protagonist.       

I do have a warning about your plot, though. Chaewon’s role as a fallen angel and her task of locating and collecting her feathers has a major plot-hole to fulfill. Although you have a great foundation, I am worried that Chaewon’s task might be too daunting for her. She needs to find all of her feathers, which can be scattered anywhere along the Korean peninsula, in order to regain her memories. The problem here is that you do not give your readers a time range for Chaewon to finish her task. But, she clearly has one, given the fact that the demons are tracking her. This is a problem because time (suspension or the lack thereof) is a huge motif in your story. If you are making time a motif, it would be best to make sure that “time” is highlighted in this important plot point. Because there is no time range, I still do not feel the urgency of Chaewon’s search for her feathers. Why does she need to find her feathers? Given her predicament, isn’t it best that she does not regain her memory? What are the consequences if she does not manage to find her feathers? I just think that it would be smart to add this into one of your chapters somewhere, perhaps through one of the mediums. Without a time range, I do not understand the consequences of her task quite yet. I am sure that you have readers who are curious about this, as well. Be sure to keep this in mind because it could be the very plot point that will make or break your story.

CHARACTERIZATION – This is where I feel that your grasp on the story slips a little. As an aspiring playwright, I believe that characterization is one of the most important aspects of any narrative. Since plays use only dialogue and action cues to drive the story, it is important for the playwright to create characters that leave an impression on the audience, no matter how small the role is. It is the same with authors. Regrettably, I must add that both of your main characters lack a certain ounce of relatability. Your side characters, on the other hand, have greater presences in the story. Please keep in mind that this is my personal opinion. Others might think differently, so do not take my account so seriously.

Unlike her picture in your poster, Moon Chaewon is actually quite melancholy. From what I read so far, Chaewon went through a slew of changes ever since she woke up on the beach. She meets a woman and her mute daughter. She discovers that she is a fallen angel from a guardian who uses the mute daughter as a medium. The woman and her daughter die in a house fire. She meets other guardians who give her clues about what she had done to deserve the fall, who she is, and why she is now on earth. And finally, she meets a group of demons who take pleasure in watching her bleed. Thus, it is safe to conclude that her melancholic attitude is natural. I am thankful that even though she is an angel by race, she still acts human by nature. This means that she can be relatable. I have always despised characters who remain chipper despite their dire circumstances; it is simply unrealistic. I like that she still persists, regardless of her situation. Pain, revulsion, rage, and despair are all feelings that she needs to feel. Without them, it is likely that she will learn nothing about how to overcome her obstacles. The world is not easily conquered; Chaewon’s trials are examples of this.

There is something I want to say about her, though, and I hate the fact that it bothers me to this extent. I cannot stand that she is unable to support herself in any way. Perhaps this is because most of the literature I read contain very strong and independent female figures? Or maybe because women are not allowed to be weak in today’s society? Whatever the case, I do not like how easily she is overpowered by the demons, especially Dara. Demons should not be more powerful than angels. That is an undeniable fact of supernatural lore. I do not like how she cannot figure things out for herself. She needs help from guardians, who risk the lives of human beings just to talk to her. What makes this feeling worse is knowing that Chaewon’s character in Nice Guy is nothing like the character in this story. I understand that all vulnerable people need time to grow; Chaewon has the potential to be strong. Your story already suggests that she is powerful enough for the demons to be wary of her. However, her frailty has been the highlight of the story so far. It is very bothersome.

Then again, this is only my personal opinion. There is no need for you to change your character just because I do not like a certain part about her.

Song Joongki is a complete mystery to me (both in real life and in your story, haha). I never know what he is thinking, and I guess that is why he is so alluring. He seems soulless in contrast to the other demons, which makes perfect sense if he is the Prince of Darkness, but that is what attracts the other demons to him in the first place. He is a grand figure in hell, second only to Lucifer himself. Unfortunately, this characterization of him can either be beneficial or detrimental to your story. While being soulless is suitable for the Prince of Darkness, having no personality may deter readers from understanding him. Why is he a part of “The Dark Covenant” if he has no personality? Is he an asset? If so, of what purpose is he to the group? I want to get more out of his character, but as of right now, I can only make inferences and assume the rest. He has a huge presence in your story, but he seems like a looming antagonist with no agenda. Is he there just because he is the “most powerful demon” of the underworld? It would kill me leave these questions unanswered.

What fascinates me the most is his supposed “connection” to Chaewon. He finds her misery amusing, while she feels utter rage for him. What does this mean? I want to make assumptions and come up with my own conclusions, but I know that it will do no good. This is frustrating for someone like me, who always feels the need to know and understand a character from the inside out.

Dara, in comparison to our main characters, has a lot of personality and an attitude to match. She is a femme fatale who is loyal when she needs to be, cold when she does not need to be, and badass whether she needs to be or not. Her introduction into the story is the one I appreciated the most. From her stride to her auburn hair, it is clear that she is a confident demon (and therefore, an antagonist) and a good one at that, but she also feels disgust at the practices of her fellow teammates. She has (residual?) feelings for Joongki and she will do anything for him. For some reason, during her “battle” with Chaewon, I ended up rooting for her more because she has a reason to injure Chaewon. It is her job to do so. Chaewon may be sweet and lovely, but Dara is cunning and lethal. She is smart and reasonable (or as reasonable demons can be, that is), and that is what makes her character so great. She can be a sadist at times, but does not lust for blood. She is what I would call a “palatable representation” of a demon. She has enough evilness, personality, and common sense to be an elite demon. I love characters like her. Except the evil part, of course.    

As I mentioned before, I was shocked when I read that G-Dragon’s character is a lecherous fool. It is true that I am uncomfortable at the fact that he treats women like meat. But, I do like that he harbors a soft spot for Dara, which makes it seem like he has a heart beneath all that lust and greed. No matter how many times he tries to suppress his feelings for her, they will eventually resurface whenever she is around. Perhaps this is just a long-term shipping of mine, but such a thought does not deter me from the fact that G-Dragon is an interesting character. I am hoping that he will develop as the story progresses. Or maybe Dara will smack some sense into him. Man, I would love to see that, haha.

Joowon and Seunggi are an interesting pair. Joowon is practical, while Seunggi is a bit of a fool, but when they are together, chaos ensues. They are destructive and powerful as a pair. What Joowon cannot accomplish (which is very little, I might add; he is pretty much as badass as Dara in this story, but not as evil), Seunggi makes up in bravado and speech. Joowon is cool and calculated, but Seunggi is wild and childish. I like that Joowon is thoughtful in the sense that he thinks before he acts. It is his charm that lured Bom’s medium to the dark alleyway. It is through his persuasion that he manages to discover the other people in the medium’s family. Joowon, like Dara, is on “The Dark Covenant” to do his job. And he does it well. Seunggi, on the other hand, is what most people would call, the “moodmaker.” He is a bit useless, except for a good laugh (of malice) and for stating the obvious. But, I assume that he is on the team because he has a certain set of skills that the team cannot do without.   

What I do not understand is why guardians need to use mediums. If they are truly heavenly beings, they should have enough power to appear in front of Chaewon through other means. If anything, their presence makes it harder for Chaewon to move on, since she gets attached to their mediums, like Damsom (Dasom?) and Gyuri. I am sorry that those two had to die so early in the story. They did not deserve to die, but their death is what introduced us to Song Joongki and “The Dark Covenant.” I am looking forward to reading the rules behind this conundrum.

GRAMMAR/SENTENCE FLOW – Unfortunately, this is where I need to be a bit more assertive. Please do not be offended when I say this, but you really, really, really need a Beta reader. Or someone who can read through your drafts and make corrections before they are published on the site. Since the grammar here is erratic, the sentences do not flow. While I was reading, it was rare for me to find a sentence that truly flowed well, grammar and all. I understand that English is probably your second language, but that should not be the excuse for poor grammar. There are authors out there who offer their services as Beta readers. It does not hurt to have a Beta reader go through your chapters before they are published.

As I mentioned earlier, if you do not pay attention to grammar that says that you are lazy. And I know that you are not. This story is amazing, but you know what would make it phenomenal? Grammar. No, grammar does not “make” a story and likewise vice versa, but grammar is important because it promotes professionalism. Believe it or not, you are a saleswoman. You are selling your story for views, comments, subscriptions, and upvotes. A polished story will not only get you those things, but it will also boost your confidence in writing.

Granted, English is not all about grammar, and you prove this time and time again with your storytelling and masterful plot. However, without grammar, English is incomplete. Grammar is what keeps the English language from falling apart. I know that in my previous reviews, I have given excerpts from authors’ stories and offered suggestions to “fix” them up, but I will not do that here. The best solution, and I’ll advise this to anyone, not just you, is to find a Beta reader.

STYLE/DICTION – Your style of storytelling is very intriguing. I especially like how you began your story with vivid imagery and dreamlike prose. As the story progressed, your propensity for detail grew, from the description of the bar, to the street where Chaewon ended up last. I like your usage of inner conflict as well because it spoke volumes about Chaewon’s emotional state of mind. I believe your style is very well developed and it is what shaped your story the most.

OVERALL IMPRESSION – Despite my complaints about your main characters and grammar (of which I am truly, very sorry about), I really enjoyed reading your story. I thought that the plot was original enough to call your own, and you already have a strong foundation. All you need to do now is to add more and polish the finished product. Overall, you story is indeed deserving of all the attention it is receiving. I will be waiting diligently for the rest of the updates!

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS – Thank you so much for waiting so long for your review! I just finished my final year of Bachelor’s degree, so I am finally free to review and write to my heart’s content. I hope that my comments did not offend you. I always do my best to be thorough in my reviews and because of this, I tend to say things that offend authors. If you have any comments or concerns, please let me know in the comments below or via personal message. I will respond to the best of my abilities. Thank you!