Chapter 9

Moonlit Cafe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ae-ra

Last week was hell. Utter hell.

Even though I hadn’t lost anyone in particular like Lay did, I suffered much more than he did. But there was a strange outcome of that incident. It was Lay’s behaviour. To make sure I wasn’t over thinking things, I googled away the stages of grief and tried to look for something that matched with Lay. None. Nothing did. The supposed redness in his eyes and grief was absent in his face. The only development that had occurred was the hollowing of his cheeks. He looked a ghost.

Did he not learn to grieve?

But that train of thought had broken its course when he asked me about the orange bead he found in Jisoo’s clothes. It had slipped from the folds in her skirt when released her lifeless body from his embrace. Knowing that I was familiar with the latest trends in fashion, he had asked me what’d I thought of it other than that it possibly belonged to the murderers he spoke of. I replied that I’d never seen it, it seemed uncommon, and that we could ask a jeweller who could tell us more.

“Hey. You better now?” I asked.

“Yeah.” He replied gloomily.

“Thanks for bringing me along. I know you wanted to do this alone but doing it with another mind is better.”

“You knew I’d bring you anyway didn’t you?”

“I did.”

“Let’s go. I’m going to ask my cousin’s friend.”

“Aren’t we supposed to submit this though? To the police? Even if they ruled it as a suicide?” I asked hesitantly.

“No. It’s no use. They think I’m being delusional just because I broke up with her the previous week. I need to investigate this by myself. Remember that photo of my bestfriend in highschool that I showed you? His name’s Xiumin and he’s a cop now. I’ve helped him out on a few cases so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter