Chapter 1

Moonlit Cafe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I rushed out of bed thinking today’s my last day of possible forgiveness from the manager. It was 2 and I was supposed to start my work at the café at 1:45 AM. I’ve been at this café for a month now and I loved every second of the work I’ve been given (WAIT. I HATE CLEANING.). Today was a special day.

“OI! Come here quick!” hissed Lay and gestured me to sit across him on the other side of the table in our tiny staffroom.

“What? Is he here yet?” I asked as I entered.

“No. Today was your lucky day! The old bird’s out for today, so be sure to thank your guardian angel! Anyways, look here.” He said as he pointed to the newspaper.

I peered at it as I was putting my apron on and instantly recognized the picture of the hooded man. He’d been all over the news for the past week as he was said to have been stealing precious artifacts and having done the unknown with them. The Internet had been set on fire as all the women and girls rushed to type furiously about the hooded man. Their typed words screamed about how good looking he seemed to be and what a good frame the mystery man had. But what I found astonishing was this particular thief’s great ability to have left simply no traces whatsoever of his larceny except for one particular event which left the country aware of his existence. A normal person would surmise that the thief had pondered carefully about his plans.

 But I know what the thief had in mind when he had robbed those places. I knew that he did it impromptu and with utter confidence. I KNEW what the thief had used for escaping and prying open the locks. I knew what modus operandi he had used and what had gone through his mind when he had stolen said artifacts. I knew because I……………………..

…………………… watched a lot of Sherlock related stuff and I created a clone which would do all this and what made me laugh out loud is that no one had realized

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter