What Would You Do?

What if.... Will you?

I can’t see anything. I’m just seeing it happening again and again. Please, make it stop. I can’t look at my Dad dying and dying, over and over again. Somebody, help me.

“Tina?” I heard and then I saw a light. I continued to look at the light until I snapped back from reality. I found myself catching my breath, looking at the wonderful lady in front of me, biting her lower lip. Her eyes full of fear. I can feel her arms wrapping my elbow.

Okay. I’m back…

Breathe, Tina…

Breathe…

“Are you okay, Tina?” she asked me. She touched my forehead to look if I have a fever. I could feel my heart beating so fast.

“Y-Yeah” I said. . Why am I stuttering?

She pulled away her hands. Her eyes dissapeared when she smiled. I don’t know why but why does she look like she’s relieved that I’m not sick? Does she care about me or she just doesn’t want to take me to the hospital?

Before she turned away from me to enter the driver’s seat, I grabbed her hand. I don’t really know if what I’m doing is out of line but I really need to do this.

“Hey Pie” I said, almost a whisper. I can’t find my voice since I’m very nervous holding Pie’s hand.

Pie raised both her eyebrows and asked, “Yes?”. I scratched the back of my head. I avoided her gaze so that it won’t be awkward.

“I was wondering. Is it okay to seat in the front instead? It’s just that…” I said, I hesitated for a while. If I told her, then isn’t it suspicious? She might realize that I am Kim after all.

She sweetly held my elbows again. Pie, if you continue doing this, then I might break and tell you everything.

I shook my head. Be strong, Tina.

“It’s just that my uncle died in a car accident and I was sitting in the back when it all happened” I lied. In the end, I failed to tell her the truth. I’m scared. I don’t want her to know yet, not when the killer is still not caught. Someday Pie, you’ll know the truth.

She looked at me. I can never tell what’s on her mind. She pulled away her hand from me and she puts it to her other elbow instead. “I’m sorry, Tina. I didn’t know” she said, frowning like a puppy.

“It’s okay” I said while smiling.

She walked towards the front passenger seat and said, “Tina, please help me transfer this in the back so that you could seat”. I ran beside her and my jaw dropped when I saw what’s in her front seat.

Is that….?

She looked at me and laughed. I saw an enormous amount of papers wrapped into an envelope and some flowers and chocolates in it. It really does fill up all of the space in the passenger seat. Seeing my reaction, she said “Don’t bother to ask. Yes, these are love letters for me. I didn’t look at my locker for a week and when I opened it yesterday, I saw all of these” while grabbing a handful of letters in her small arms.

I grabbed all of the letters that my arm could possibly get. So the princess had many knights but no one could ever get her attention, huh? I kind of glanced of who the senders of the letters are. I saw different names. I saw some names that I know, and some that I don’t. But the sender of majority of the letters is from someone called ‘Van’. I wonder who he is, but it doesn’t matter. I’m not actually surprised that she gets these kinds of things from guys. When we were in highschool, guys from another school would sometimes wait for her to come to school and give things to her. When she comes to class, she always had at least 5 chocolates in her hand. Since we were in an all-girls school, you might expect that nobody gives her something in our class, but no, Pie here has many fangirls, fighting each other to get her attention.

“So, what would you do? Are you going to read these all? Or at least eat the chocolates?” I asked her. She smiled once again.

“I give the chocolates to my maids. I also give them the flowers so that they could display it in the mansion. I really don’t know what to do to the letters but I have a cabinet filled with it in my room. I really don’t know what to do. My cabinet is full already” she said, still transfering letters. Now I wonder, if Pie continued to receive letters until she’s old, is she going to make a library to store all those letters?

We finished transferring. God. Her suitors are a handful, huh?

We got in the car quickly, worried that Zee and the others have been waiting for us for so long.

-----------------------

IN’S CAFÉ

Pie parked on the back of Zee’s car. We waited for them to get out of the car before we did. I glanced at Zee when he got out and noticed a weird smile in his face. He doesn’t usually do that face unless he’s up to something… Weird, but maybe I’m just thinking too much?

Aunt In greeted us in the entrance door. I could smell that coffee aroma and the sweet smell of the matcha cake. I could tell that the gang is amused in the café’s ambiance. As a part-time worker in our café, Zee and I directed our guests to the tables.

“Oooh! These waiters are hot” Puey touched Zee’s muscles when we served our table some cakes and coffee. Jane slapped Puey hands and said, “Aish Puey! Don’t touch the goodies!” and then we all laughed. We sat on our table. Aunt In said that she can manage the café alone and that we should entertain our guests instead.

I’m so glad the I sat beside Pie

“Oh yeah! Guys, let’s play a game” Zee said, as he presents to us a bottle that he’s been hiding in his back for a while now.

Jane clapped her hands and excitedly said, “Oh! I love games”. Zee winked at Jane and Jane returned the favor.

“So, what game is it?” Pie asked. Wow. I didn’t expect her to be interested in these. Zee, make sure this game is good

“Oh, Princess. So you’re ready for this game, huh?” Zee teased Pie but Pie just smiled instead. Zee continued, “Well, this game is quite simple. I start first and I’ll spin the bottle. Whoever the bottle chooses have to answer my question honestly. Failure to answer will be given a punishment by the spinner and when I’m finish, I have to pass the bottle to my left”.

I glanced at Pie and I noticed her gulping. Is she nervous too?

“So, let’s start?” Zee said. I looked around in our table. Jane is across me. Pie is in my left and Zee is in my right. Zee is beside Jane. Pie’s right is Nerd and Nerd’s right is Puey. So the ordering is like this: Zee, Jane, Puey, Nerd, Pie, and me. Unfair!

Zee went first. He spinned the bottle while looking at me mysteriously. I felt my hairs in my forearm stood up. What the hell? Did he want the bottle to choose me?

I looked at the bottle closely, wishing that it’s not me.

Please bottle, please be good to me.

I closed my eyes when I saw it stopped. I heard Zee clapping his hands. Oh no. Is it me?

“Princess! I didn’t know that even bottles like you so much” I heard Zee said. I opened my eyes quickly and looked at the bottle. It stopped directly to Pie. I heard my heart beating so fast. What would Zee ask?

I glanced at Pie, she was biting her lower lip and her eyebrows furrowed. She’s so cute, I just want to pinch her cheeks so bad.

“So Princess, if you’re given a chance to pick a boyfriend at our table, who’s it gonna be?” Zee asked, repeatedly raising his eyebrows to Pie. ! What a bold question!

I glanced at Pie. She’s rubbing her neck now. Is she stressed?

We waited for Pie’s response.

“If I don’t answer, what do you want me to do?” she asked, almost a whisper. That made Zee smirk so much, he said “Then you gotta Nerd”. I almost bit my tongue to what I have heard. Pie lap dancing someone?

Oh Tina! Stop imagining!!

I heard Pie sighing. “There’s no getting out of this, huh?” she said, her voice is deep.

She looked away from my direction and said, “Well, if I’m going to pick, then it’s…” she said, almost a whisper. She was hesitating to answer. . Who is it?

I heard my heart beating faster and faster. The tension is killing me.

“it’s…. Tina” she continued. I can’t believe it!!! She chose me! I stopped myself from smiling so much.

“But why him? Not me” Zee said, acting jealous but he actually kicked my foot, like he was telling me that I have a chance at Pie.

“But you’re not a boy, Zee. And Puey is not really manly so Tina is the best choice since he’s a man, right?” she said, lowering her voice. Oh, so that is her reason? I felt a pinch in my heart.

Zee stopped kicking me. It’s like he’s telling me that he’s sorry. Zee handed the bottle to Jane. She quickly spinned the bottle and sadly, it stopped directly at me.

I braced myself. Please, don’t ask hard questions.

Jane smiled at me, similar to Zee’s smile. . This couple is something.

“Tina, how was your first heart break?” Jane asked. . She got me. I smiled at her. I could feel sweat coming down my forehead. I glanced at Pie, she was staring at me, waiting for my answer. I can’t tell that, not in front of Pie!

“What is your punishment?” I asked Jane, still smiling at her. Jane smiled back at me and said, “You got to kiss someone in the cheek. Any girl in this table”. I gulped. . What should I do?

 

NOTE: I am sorry for the missing words in my story. AFF blocks curses or words that aren't that good and in my story, Tina curses a lot. I'm sorry *^*