Revenge

What if.... Will you?

I immediately fell on my bed the moment I got home.

So Pie already likes someone else?

I kicked the pillow in front of me.

Why am I so stupid to ever think that maybe her kiss was something else?

I held my chest.

Kim, why are you hurting? What do you expect? Pie is a different person now.

I looked at my bandaged hand. The bandage is kind of bloody, maybe because of the assface.

My eyes wandered around my desk as the clip I brought for Pie caught my attention.

---------------------------

I walked in front of Pie’s locker. I must be crazy going in here. Like, what am I even thinking?

But since I’m already here, I guess I’ll just have to do what I came here for.

I took out a small baby blue box. Inside it was the clip I bought for her, which I already cleaned of course.

Ei! You’re crazy for doing this.

I shook my head.

No. Pie likes someone else. There’s no hurt sliding this box to her locker, right? Plus, she wouldn’t even know it was you.

I slid the box to her locker.

Yeah.

She wouldn’t know.

I bet she wouldn’t even bother to open this.

---------------------------

Days have passed ever since I slid the box to her locker. During those days, I never saw her wearing that clip. Maybe she threw it away.

Too bad I spent my two weeks’ allowance just to buy it.

On the weekend, I visited my father’s grave. It was too dusty and very messy so I cleaned his space. I had a conversation with him, mostly about Mom. I reminisced about what happened to us. It was my birthday when he died. The funny thing is, he and Mom never picked me up on my birthday. That one time they did, he died and she’s on comatose. I was so happy to see them waiting for me when I got out the school. It was supposed to be the day I’ll tell them that I won Pie’s heart. But I guess I’ll never have the chance to tell him that.

Yam’s act as my fake girlfriend continues. Questions about their story remained to be unanswered. I know that I must find answers soon because I don’t want to keep this any longer.

Despite what happened to Van and Pie, he was still clinging to her and the worst thing is, she’s letting him, like she already forgave him from what he did. Ugh. I really hate him. Why is Pie letting that jerk cling to her?

After a class with Yam, we decided to hangout on the park near our café. I can’t help but to smile as I remember Pie’s kiss. This is the place where she kissed me.

I mentally slapped myself. She likes someone now. I really should stop thinking about her.

Yam and I sat on the bench. My eyes wondered at the thing that Yam was holding since earlier. It was a notebook with a design that looks like a letter.

A memory popped into my mind. Now I remember why Van was so familiar, it was him! He was the one who wrote a bunch of letters to Pie. Talk about annoying.

“I didn’t know your friend likes Pie so much” I slipped. . Why did I say that?

I glanced at Yam. She seems to be surprised by my words. These past few days, I was avoiding the Van-Pie topic because it really annoys the heck out of me.

After maintaining her composure, she smiled at me.

“Yeah…” she mumbled. Her face became rough. Why do I have a feeling that somehow I crossed the line?

“Tina” she called me. I looked at her and smiled to her. “Hmmm?”

“I’m just going to the restroom for a while”

“But the restroom is far from here… Are you sure?”

“Silly, of course! I really want to pee the moment we got here. Wait for me, okay?”

I nodded. She left the notebook she was holding as she stood up and walked away.

I looked at the park. It was sunny today but it wasn’t that hot. The weather is just perfect. I could hear the children playing on the playground with their parents. It must be nice to have parents look after you.

SWOOSH!

Ugh! That wind was strong. Is it going to rain later?

After hand-combing my short hair, my eyes wandered on the ground.

! Pages from Yam’s notebook was scattered all around!

I quickly came over to pick a page up.

~~~

Today, I fell in love with a friend of mine. His hair was clean-cut, his shoulders are broad and he has a stubble. He’s really nice to me. He makes me feel special. I told Jane about him and she’s happy for us

~~~

What is this?

I picked up another page again.

~~~

This Valentines, he waited for my class to finish. He brought me flowers. He even took me out for dinner. As he drove me home, just before I enter the house, he kissed my cheeks. This is the happiest moment of my life

~~~

Is this Yam’s diary?

I shouldn’t be reading it but damn. What am I supposed to do? I need answers. I need to know how Pie is connected to Yam!

I continued on reading the other pages.

~~~

Today is the worst. Golf confessed that he likes me and left Jane for me! What’s worse is that he kissed me and Jane saw him do it! I couldn’t even resist and let alone explain to Jane that what’s she’s thinking right now is wrong!

~~~

~~~

Today is the most embarrassing moment of my life. I went to Jane to apologize but instead, she bullied me with that girl named Pie. I know that Jane must be hurt. I understand her pain. I wish I have the patience to understand her in the future

~~~

Oh Yam, you must have been through a lot.

 

 

 

~~~

Van stopped talking to me. No more driving me home. No more flowers. Just nothing. Maybe he was still moving on with what happened to Jane and I?

~~~

~~~

I called Van to meet with me today. He looks really nice. Somehow, I thought that after this crisis, he would still ask me to be his girl. But he didn’t. He told me that he likes this girl called Pie Mindara. I really want to just die right now.

~~~

Van, you’re an idiot!

~~~

I saw Van slipping letters to Pie’s locker. I clenched my fist at the sight of him. Pie stole Jane away from me and now, Van? When Pie stole that ‘University Princess’ title, it was okay. When Pie got all the attention away from me, it was okay. Pie took everything away from me.

~~~

~~~

I approached that hoe. I fought with her but I lost. I felt humiliated. Today, you won Pie. But I’m going to take back everything from you. Just wait.

~~~

I looked around my surroundings and saw Yam coming at my direction faraway. I quickly put the pages inside her notebook. There were two pages that I haven’t read yet but I still put it on the notebook.

“Hi, Tina! Why are you holding my notebook?” Yam asked, that startled me.

“T-The wind w-was so strong, it flew off your n-notebook. Some pages flew off, too. I already put the pages that I could find in there.” I bluffed.

She nodded. “I see…” I gave her the diary.

I scratched the back of my head. “What is in that notebook? It looks cute”

“Oh! You think so? This is my diary” she said as she let me see the cute design of her book. “You haven’t read any of the pages that flew off, right?”

.

“S-Silly! Of course not! The wind was so s-strong! I had to c-collect the pages quickly to prevent them f-from flying! Haha! I didn’t have t-the time to read it” I bluffed.

She looked at me intently.

Yam, please just buy my excuse!

She smiled at me. “Okay, I believe you”

I let out a relieved sigh. “You should, dummy”

I stared at her and I was reminded of the things that she has been through. A part of me want to make it up to her. I want to make up with my lying and most importantly, my prying.

“Hey, let’s go out for dinner. My treat. What do you say?” I nudged at her.

She flashed me a warm smile. “Yeah sure!”

---------------------------

After eating with Yam, I immediately fell on my bed. What’s your last two entries, Yam? If only you could understand that Pie never stole anything from you. I must find a way to know what happened next.

---------------------------

The next day, I arrived to school a little bit early. It’s because I shared a ride with Zee, who woke up early to practice Softball. He’s a part of the softball team and whenever he goes to school early, I don’t have a choice but to go with him because I don’t want Aunt In to give me a fare money.

I went to my locker to get some things. Since my locker was just beside the girls’ restroom, I could hear some girls giggling inside. I closed my lockers and just as I was about to go away, Pie went out from the restroom.

She was wearing our uniform, but she looks incredibly hot in it. Her sunglasses hanging on her blouse.

Pie, you look wonderful as always.

I could hear my heart beating. Is it even possible for one to hear his own heart?

I cleared my throat. She already likes someone else. I should back off.

“Hey, Pie” I said as I forced a smile. It really hurts seeing you, Pie.

She waved her hand a little bit. “Hey” and then she tucked her hair at the back of her ears. “How are you?”

I scratched the back of my head, “Fine, I guess”

We started walking together. Out of all the people I could have bumped into, why her?

She swallowed a lump in . “So, where’s your girlfriend?”

“What girlfriend?” I slipped.

Huh?

What?

What did you just say Tina?

YOU IDIOT!

I closed my eyes when I realized how stupid I am. I was about to explain to Pie when she said, “You know, if you were my boyfriend, I’ll never forgive you if you ever forget about me”

Did she just say… if I was her boyfriend? Did she just imagine us being lovers!?

Eeeeeeee!

I tried to hide my smile by looking away at her. “I’m sorry. I’m just really forgetful”

She nodded. “I guess that sort of happens when you’re single for long”

I stopped walking.

“How about you, Pie?” I blurted out. , Tina. Why do I keep on blurting out things!?

“Hmmm?” she said and stopped walking realizing that I stopped.

“I-I mean, do y-you have a b-boyfriend or e-ex b-boyfriends? Haha” I said stuttering. I can feel my face heating up.

I mean, it doesn’t seem like she dated someone after me but many guys have been courting her and I didn’t directly ask her if she was dating someone.

She looked at me and then she crossed her arms across her chest. “Well…I do have an ex”

She started walking again so I followed her. “I tried dating someone else but… it doesn’t really work out. So, yeah, I could say that after my ex, there’s no one”

Oh I see… Why do I feel happy to know that after me there is no one else?

She stopped walking again. She looked at me and let out a naughty look in her eyes. “Why are you asking? Do you like me?” She gave me a wink after that.

“S-Silly, ‘course n-not! I have a girlfriend, teenager” I let out a forced smile but deep inside, I feel chaotic ‘cause she got me offguard. How could she ask such a bold question like that!?

She smiled at me as she swallowed a lump in .

I won’t lose to you, Pie. My pride won’t let it.

We started walking again.

“Unless…” I mumbled.

She looked at me and I looked at her. “Unless you want to be my mistress” I winked at her.

She slapped my shoulders quickly and she let out a disgusted look. Ouch.

“Eii! Why would I!? My suitors are much better looking than you! Crazy!” she said as she stopped her hands from hitting me. Ouch. I regret fighting back at her. If only I knew that she’ll say this, I would have stopped myself from saying that.

“But don’t you know how many girls would like to be with me, huh?” my pride said. The moment she heard that, she glared at me REALLY BAD. Damn, she’s so scary.

“Those girls really need to have their eyes checked. Manaying Healthcare would be delighted to entertain them” she informed me, showing up that Manaying ego she had when we were young.

Am I that uninteresting for her?

“Sishhh! Whatever!” I shrugged. I don’t want to fight any longer because her words were stabbing me.

“Oh, wait” Soon, she stopped walking and fished for something on her bag. I stopped walking too, to wait for her. I thought she was fishing for her phone. But she didn’t.

She took out a clip and put it on her hair.

The clip was baby blue.

IT WAS THE CLIP I GAVE HER!

I can’t believe it! I thought she threw it away! I could feel my lips smiling very wide.

PIE MINDARA JUST WORE THE CLIP I BOUGHT HER!

Contain yourself, Tina.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Later, she fished for a mirror and looked at her reflection. After prepping herself up, she took it away. “How do I look?”

You look prettier, Pie. The prettiest of them all.

“Aish! You look the same!” I shrugged but I was really just too flustered seeing her wearing that clip.

She furrowed her eyebrows and touched the clip. “Really? I think the clip is really cute” She pouted.

“W-well, y-yeah the clip i-is pretty c-cute... I g-guess” I said, avoiding to look at her, feeling nervous in front of her.

“D-do you like it?” I blurted.

She was busy tidying up her hair. “Hmm?”

I cleared my throat. “The clip, do you like it that much?”

She looked at me and sooner she flashed me a very wide smile. “Yeah! I love it!”

TUGSH! TUGSH! TUGSH! TUGSH!

I could feel my heart beating so fast. Oh Pie, how could you have this effect on me? What magic do you have to bewitch me like this?

Can you forgive me if I...

If I…

If I decided to be by your side even if you already like someone else?

Can you forgive me if I refuse to back off and instead, hold you even as a friend?

I stared at her for the longest time. She’s so breathtakingly gorgeous.

“Pie, did you buy that clip?” I asked her, pretending that I had no idea that it was given to her.

“Not really. I saw it in my locker. The box was so cute I just can’t resist to open”

I smiled. I have no regrets sliding the box on her locker.

“Who gave it to you then?” I asked her coyly.

Deep inside, I was imagining some lines that she could say:

It could be, ‘I don’t really know, Tina. But if I found the sender, I’ll thank him so much”

Or, “It doesn’t really matter. Maybe one of my suitors did it”

But it wasn’t.

She looked at me as her eyes disappeared while her lips curved up into a smile. “Van did”

Remember when I said I have no regrets sliding that box on her locker? Scratch that.

 

FLASHBACK

“Pa. Ma. I want to tell you something” I said as I played my foot at the back seat of our car. Pa, who was driving, turned around to glance at me and then he quickly turned his eyes to the road.

“What is it, tiger?” they both said in unison. We laughed realizing that.

“I’ll tell you later” I teased.

Pa playfully shook his head. “Eii! Why can’t you just tell me now? This rascal”

Ma put her hand to Pa’s shoulders and tapped it a little. “Honey, let Kim be for now. It’s her special day”

Pa laughed. “Okay, tiger. Don’t forget to tell us later”. I nodded in response.

After he drove for a while, Pa took a peek at the side mirror and his face started to get rough.

Ma looked at him. “Honey, is everything all right?”

“Someone’s following us” he said. I looked at the window. It is true. There is a black sedan following us.

“I’m just gonna speed up a little bit and see if that car follows us. Kimhan, wear your seatbelt” he shouted. I quickly wore the seatbelt.

Pa speed up the car and as we expected, the car was still following us.

“You’re messing with the wrong man, buddy” he mumbled. He bumped the car. Soon, the car started to bump us back. This process repeated for a while.

The car speeds up and suddenly, the car was in front of us.

“Honey, the breaks!” I heard Ma screamed.

Pa was trying so hard to hit the breaks but our car didn’t stop. We got closer and closer to the car until….

BUGSH!

“Kimhan… My daughter, wake up” I heard Pa. He sounded like he was struggling.

I opened my eyes and saw my Pa, showering in his own blood. I glanced at Ma, she was unconscious but there was also blood on her head.

“Pa?” I said as I scratched my eyes. I would like to wake up now, please.

 He was looking at me, despite the wounds he had.

“Thank goodness, you’re alive. Listen to Papa, Kimhan. If those bad guys look around our car, I like you to pretend you’re sleeping” he said, letting out a smile.

“Come here, Kimhan” he said. I hesitantly leaned on his direction.

“What is happening, Papa?” I asked him but he didn’t respond. I felt tears running down my cheeks.

He put his hands to his wounds. Soon, his hands became bloody. He slowly touched my forehead, transferring the blood to my forehead.

“There. Pretend you’re dead and they won’t know you’re alive”

“Stop it, Papa. Please let’s go home” I cried.

“Be well, my daughter. Don’t forget to smile, Kimhan. You’re Papa’s everything” he said as he turned around on his front again.

“Life is so despicable, honey” he said while reaching Ma’s hand.

---------------------------

Hi readers 😊 So, what do you think? Why do you think Van did that? And what do you think are the last two entries of Yam? If you were Kim, would you also regret sliding that box for Pie?

This is frustrating though. I didn’t realize that I wrote too much chapters already and we’re not even starting the main plot yet HAHA

Oh, by the way, the titles of the next two chapters are: ‘Let’s Pretend You’re a Friend’ and ‘Girlfriend Number Two’. A new character will be introduced on ‘Girlfriend Number Two’. She’s actually not from the Yes or No series. She’s from KPOP HAHA.

Clue: She’s the origin of the aegyo ‘bbuing bbuing’

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

FINE! It’s Krystal Jung of f(x). I don’t know if you guys know her but I really like to include her in this fanfic because when I was in highschool, I wrote A LOT of fanfics about her but I finished NONE of them. I felt guilty because of that. Let me know if you want her or not. I could just edit the next next chapter if you don’t want her 😊