Dissapearance of an Heir

What if.... Will you?

FLASHBACK

It was dark that day. Not because it’s night but because…

That happened…

It was raining that day. I was standing in front of a flaming car, crying. I don’t know what to do. I saw my father, his head showering with his own blood, lying with his arms holding the steering wheel…

No.. This is not true..

I called for my Dad but he didn’t call me back….

No…

I saw my Mom and called out for her too…

Is she dead too?

NO. NO. NO. She’s just sleeping.

I slapped myself so hard.

Please wake up, Kim. You’re just dreaming. This is not true.

I kept on calling out for her but she never called me back….

I closed my eyes.

 “No… Mom and Dad are sleeping. Those in their heads are not blood. It’s juice” I kept on telling myself but I know that this is not true.

Why won’t they wake up?

Why didn’t God take me with them!?

“Oh My God! What is this!?” I heard someone say.

I turned around and saw a woman around her 40’s.

“Kid, are you okay?” she said but I can’t find the words to say anything.

“Oh my God!” she said. She fished for her phone and pressed it.

“Hello… Yes… There is a car accident here…. Please come quickly” she said to the phone.

I glanced at Mom and Dad.

 ‘Accident’, she said.

 I grabbed the old woman’s shirt.

“Aunt, this is not an accident. This is….” I whispered. I hesitated to say it but I finally had the courage.

“… a murder” I said.

Her jaw dropped when she heard me.

“Oh My God! Are you serious, kid?” she said as she cupped her hands in my cheeks.

I nodded.

“If that is true, the killer must not know that you lived, child. Your life is in danger” she said as she hugged me. I can’t feel my legs. My whole body was shiverring with fear.

----------

TOK TOK TOK

I heard someone knocked the door to my room.

“Come in” I said.

It was the same person who saved me back in that day, Aunt In, holding breakfast in the tray.

“Aunt In, you don’t have to do that” I said to her.

She shook her head and said, “No! You didn’t eat anything last night. I heard you cry the whole night. I’m sure you’re hungry”

She placed the breakfast in the bed.

She stared at me while I was eating. Soon, she started to cry. I know that she wants to tell me something so I stopped. “What is it, Aunt In?” I asked.

“Nothing. It’s just that, whenever I see you, I can’t help but to cry” she said. She walked beside me and sat next to me. “Oh my poor child! After all these years, you suffered and you’re still suffering until now” she hugged me.

I can’t help but to smile.

“Aunt In! I’m not poor. You saved me remember? Then I’m lucky” I said. Hearing that, she wiped her tears and smiled at me.

“You grew up fine, Tina. I love you so much” she messed my hair.

“Now now, Aunt In. Zee might get jealous” I said, and then we laughed.

----------

It’s Monday and today is actually the first day of a new semester. The lobby is so crowded right now so it was really hard to get pass through the lobby, but I managed to get pass through anyway.

I was finding my classroom when I heard something.

“Yo, Tina! Over here!” I heard a familiar voice. I looked around the hallway and saw Zee, standing in the middle of a group of girls, and a squid.

I walked towards Zee, but then I realized that one of the girls there is…. her. . I mentally slapped myself. It’s too late to turn around now that Zee saw me walk towards them.

“H-Hi, Zee” I said, in a manly voice, not looking at Pie’s direction. I know that she’s looking at me now.

“Hey there, handsome!” Puey, the squid, said to me, while looping his arms to mine.

Jane nodded and smiled at me, Zee’s arm looping her shoulders. It looks like they had a good time last night.

Nerd was just staring at me.

Wow. I didn’t that their gang knew me.

I responded to them with a smile. Even though I only want a certain someone to greet me, I’m still happy that her gang knew me. I wonder why they knew me. And aren’t they wondering why I knew them?

“Goodmorning, Tina” she said with a low voice. I can’t help but to look at her. I saw her blushing and looking away from my direction. HOW CAN SHE BE SO ING CUTE? AND SHE KNEW MY NAME!???

Just when I thought that she won’t greet me, she did! I can’t hold it any longer. I smiled at her. I flashed her the probably sweetest smile I had after all these years.

“Goodmorning, Pie” I said, with my manly voice. After a long time of looking after her at a far distance, this is actually the first time we talked to each other.

She didn’t smile back at me. She was still looking away from my direction. I felt a pinch in my heart. Maybe she didn’t have a choice but to greet me? Maybe she doesn’t feel comfortable since she doesn’t know me personally? Or maybe she remembered me dropping her in the mansion last night? I hope not. That would be embarassing.

“So, Tina. Do you want to come with us after your class? Let’s eat with them!” Zee asked. Zee knew that I’m not a person who can actually socialize with strangers, so why is she asking me to go with them? But I don’t care, as long as I got to see her, I’m fine. The gang are technically not a stranger since it seems to me that they knew me.

I looked at the paper that I was holding. It was my schedule for today. I saw that my dismissal would be 5 pm.

“What time are we going to meet?” I asked Zee.

“Hmmm… Around 3 pm” Zee said.

I frowned. The only chance to eat with Pie is slowly dissapearing before my eyes.

“But my classes are until 5 pm” I said to them.

Jane, Zee and Puey frowned when they heard that. Nerd was staring blankly and Pie, I don’t know, I was looking away from her direction.

“It’s okay. Eat with us, next time. Promise?” asked Jane.

I smiled and said, “Yes I promise. Guys, I gotta go now. My class is starting” I said to them and waved at them goodbye. The gang smiled. Before I entered the room, I glanced at Pie. She was staring at me with a blank expression in her face. What is in her mind?

----------

I was alone in the hallway and I checked my watch and that’s when I realized that it’s already 4 pm. I sighed so hard. Maybe Pie is already eating with her gang and their new gang member, Zee. Lucky Zee, she got to meet Pie all the time but I guess I’m thankful that it is Jane that she likes and not my Pie. I stood up and went to the next class.

I looked around and I realized that I don’t actually have any friends on my last class so I decided to sit in the back row of the room. That is what Pie and I do always when we don’t know anyone in the class back when we were in highschool. I readied my books and put it on my desk. I just want this class to be over because I was planning on catching up to Zee and his newfound gang.

The professor went inside and that is when I realized that I don’t have any seatmate, which is nice because I can focus more on the lesson. The professor was about to start when a petite girl came in, catching her breath.

“Ms. Pie Mindara Manaying, late as always” the professor said. Hearing that name made my heart beat so fast. Damn, why didn’t she told me earlier that we’re having the same class?

 Pie greeted with a wai.

“I’m sorry, sir” she said, almost a whisper.

The professor nodded and said, “Okay. Find yourself a seat”. The moment I heard him say that, I turned my attention away from Pie. I don’t want her to be creeped out if she ever saw me looking at her.

“Hi, Tina” I heard a voice. I turned around and saw her. I was out of breath this time because she’s so gorgeous even though she’s sweating. And why would she sit with me even though there’s a lot of vacant seats? I thought she hate me?

“Hello, Pie” I said. I sit up straight and straightened my polo. I don’t want to look like a mess now that she’s beside me.

. I can’t focus on the blackboard. Damn it, Kim. Listen to the professor!