Your Secret Admirer 9

Your Secret Admirer

Soonyoung knew he had to pretend to wake up. He just had to. Groaning, he brought out his arms to stretch. The singing stops.

“You’re awake,” Jihoon said to him.

“Were you singing?” Soonyoung asked, sitting up slowly to look at Jihoon.

“Listening to some music,” Jihoon said, lifting his phone up.

Soonyoung, however, knew it was a lie. He knows what music from phones sounded like. But he also knew he wouldn’t push Jihoon any further. If he wasn’t ready to say anything, then Soonyoung wouldn’t make him say it.

“It was a good song,” Soonyoung said with a small smile, “What time is it?”

“It’s getting pretty late. The nurse did stop by, she said you could leave when you woke up. We can still make it to Jun’s and Minghao’s performance if we leave now.”

Without even thinking about it, Soonyoung moves to stand up from the bed. “Let’s go then.”

 

Once they reach the crowd, Soonyoung had to slow himself down. He didn’t realize how badly the boutrous noise and cluttered floor was going to affect him. At one point he stops himself and wonders if he should just go back to the nursery. It was a lot safer, and no one was there. He could always ask Jun and Minghao to perform for him later.

Soonyoung frowned, he wanted to see them perform it for the first time in front of an audience though. It does something to a performer and their performance, Soonyoung wanted to witness that miracle happening to his friends.

He was about to turn back when a hand held onto his own. Soonyoung looks down at his hand, and brings up his gaze to whoever it was holding it. His eyes land on a blinking Jihoon and his heart pulsed irregularly.

Jihoon tilted his head and leaned up. Without needing to be forced down, Soonyoung leaned towards the shorter guy.

“I know where Seungcheol and the others are. They have a pretty good spot.”

Only after Soonyoung nodded the approval of finding Jihoon’s friends did Jihoon start dragging Soonyoung through the crowd. And Soonyoung focused on Jihoon’s hand in his own, trying to forget the crowd and the noise.

He doesn’t let go, even when they stop. Soonyoung looks up to Jihoon, wondering if they had made it. Only when he sees the four people who have barged into his life along with Jihoon, does he let go. It all still confused him to no end.

The thought of someone like Jihoon following him around made Soonyoung wonder about himself. Soonyoung didn’t see himself as anything special to have someone or anyone liking him. And when he thought about the new fact he just learnt, it made his mind whirl even more. Jihoon, who had been nothing but harsh, who sings like an angel, followed him around and held his hand when none of their friends were around.

How was this possible?

For the last year, Soonyoung had done nothing but dance and be infatuated with his crush. And prior to that year, Soonyoung had done nothing but dance and tried his best to make it through the school years. So why and how did Jihoon know of him and become as interested as he was?

Soonyoung was brought out of his thoughts when Jeonghan smiled their way.

“You guys made it!” Jeonghan waved them over, “Your friends are going to be on next.”

Chan bounced his way over to Soonyoung with his huge smile, “If their performance is anything like their practice, it’s going to be epic.”

Soonyoung sighed, “Am I going to be the last person in this group to see my own friends perform this song?”

Jihoon nodded, “I think so.”

Blinking, Soonyoung didn’t even want to ask, he was sure Minghao and Jun had already performed for him. After this event, he was going to have a talk with his friends, they kept way too many secrets.

Ignoring all of them, Soonyoung faced the stage. The MC’s were saying their final thoughts, leaving for the next performance. The stage went dark, and the crowd went silent.

Music filled the air, and lights lit up the stage. Two figures appeared. They were connected, a string holding them together by the wrist.

Soonyoung almost forgot how to breath as he watched magic happen in front of him. In the moment, the two dancers weren’t his friends, they were art.

 

The performance ended, and Soonyoung couldn’t wait to see his friends. Not sticking around to see the last stage, Soonyoung turned to leave the crowd. But a hand in his made him stop. Looking back to see Jihoon, Soonyoung frowned in curiosity.

“Let’s go,” Jihoon tells him, “I want to see Minghao and Jun too.”

Without waiting to hear a complaint, Jihoon leads them away to the backstage.

Soonyoung wanted to be mad, having Jihoon take his hand so many times that day. But he couldn’t be mad, and it confused him even more. He wanted nothing more than to be uncomfortable with the guy who basically stalked him, but Jihoon wasn’t that guy anymore. He wasn’t even the guy who had an unhealthy obsession over Soonyoung anymore, and Soonyoung knew this. After spending time with Jihoon, Soonyoung could see how much Jihoon wanted to be part of his whole life, and not just be his only life.

Again, only after Jihoon stops in his tracks, does Soonyoung realize they are in the presence of their friends. Jun and Minghao are standing in front of them, staring down at their intertwined hands.

Soonyoung slowly pulls away from Jihoon’s grasp. And even if it does bother him, Jihoon doesn’t show it, smiling at the two in front of them.

“You guys were amazing,” Jihoon tells them.

Minghao automatically smiles back and walks closer to Jihoon, “It was all thanks to you, who pushed me to make the song. I couldn’t have done it without you.”

Smiling, Soonyoung notices Jun and Minghao holding hands too. He knows Jun is happy with his own situation, but something had seemed to change. It was seen on stage, and it was here too, in front of him.

“I don’t know why you guys tried to hide this from me,” Soonyoung said, pouting to his friends, “Everything was so amazing.”

“Thank you,” Jun said with a wide smile, “It was Minghao’s wish to keep it a secret. He wanted to surprise you and everyone with it. But we had to show it off pretty early, unexpectedly.”

Minghao pulls Jihoon to the side to talk about some musical aspects, and it leaves Jun all to Soonyoung.

“There’s something about you, Jun,” Soonyoung said, smirking.

“What do you mean?” Jun chuckles, “Nothing's different.”

“You’re a bad liar,” Soonyoung tells his friend, “I can see the sparkle in your eyes, and the way you float everywhere, and the way you laugh now.”

“Okay, okay,” Jun said with a never ending smile, stopping Soonyoung from continuing, “Something did happen.”

“I knew it,” Soonyoung said, hugging Jun.

Only when Soonyoung lets go of Jun does he tell him, “Minghao will know I would have told you already. This song, he wrote it for us. He made up his mind. We’re together with a title that connects us now.”

Soonyoung couldn’t help himself, he grabbed Jun’s cheeks between his hands and moved it back and forth, “Congrats! I’m so happy for you, my best friend.”

“Let go of me,” Jun said with a struggle.

Soonyoung lets goes of Jun’s cheeks, but then he is caught in the arms of Minghao.

“Hyung,” Minghao said loudly into his ear, “Did you force it out of Jun already?”

“I didn’t force Jun to say anything,” Soonyoung laughs as he turns in Minghao’s arm to hug him back. “I’m glad it’s you and Jun. I couldn’t see it any other way.”

“It was only after seeing you and Jihoon that I was okay with it,” Minghao tells him.

Soonyoung pulls out of the hug and stares at Minghao, “What do you mean?”

“You don’t see it yet, do you?” Minghao said, “You’re meant for each other, if only you would give it a chance. And I didn’t want to let my fears make us lose that chance.”

Shaking his head, Soonyoung loses his smile, “I don’t think so, Minghao. I know you’re being nice about it, but I don’t think so.”

“Maybe after seeing Jun and me together, you will see it too,” Minghao said before he turned to Jun.

Jihoon walks up to him and looks at him with curiosity, “What did Minghao say to you? You’ve lost your smile.”

“Nothing,” Soonyoung said, trying to smile.

 

“We have to celebrate,” Chan screamed at the group, “We have to, don’t we, Jeonghan-hyung, Seungcheol-hyung. You guys are the oldest, make them celebrate!”

Jeonghan laughs, “Calm down, kid. Jisoo is already one step ahead of you.”

“The youngest has spoken,” Seungcheol said, smiling, “We’re all going out to celebrate.”

“Of course!” Soonyoung said, throwing his arms around Jun and Minghao’s shoulder, “My best friends just won, we have to celebrate!”

 

The group of friends were just settling into a booth, looking at menus, when they were interrupted.

“Hey, Soonyoung,” a deep voice said.

Soonyoung looks up from his menu to see someone who he didn’t expect to see in a long time, “Wonwoo.”

“Are you okay? You didn’t perform,” Wonwoo said, looking actually worried.

“I’m fine,” Soonyoung said, looking away.

“I think it’s best if you left us alone,” Jun said, speaking up.

Wonwoo nods, “I’m just glad to see you’re okay.”

Only after Wonwoo leaves to his own booth does Soonyoung sigh out of relieve.

“What was that all about?” he cringes, “It’s not like we were even serious.”

“That is the reason why you guys would have never worked out,” Seungcheol said, shaking his head, “Everything that guy does is in his own interest. He doesn’t really care about others, he just needs to be seen as the most important.”

Soonyoung looked at Seungcheol, wondering what he meant. Wasn’t it Seungcheol who wanted to make sure he and Wonwoo were serious, so the future wasn’t bothered.

“Whatever happened to those guys, anyways, “ Soonyoung asked, not wanting to dwell on any issues that dealt with Wonwoo. “Those guys who were messing with Chan?”

“They were caught of course,” Jisoo tells him, “Jihoon knew who they were. The principal had taken care of it. I think they might be getting expelled, for harming another student and civilians.”

“Good,” Chan said with a flushed face, “They deserve it.”

“The talent show is free for all people to come watch,” Jihoon said shrugging, “It’s not just for our student body. What they were doing was out of terms.”

“Thankfully Soonyoung was there to be a hero,” Seungcheol said with a smile, “Otherwise our Jihoonie would have been hurt.”

“This Jihoonie would have been fine,” Jihoon said through gritted teeth, “He didn’t need a hero.”

“But Soonyoung is and has been your hero,” Jeonghan said with a song like voice.

“What are you guys talking about?” Soonyoung asks, looking back and forth between them all.

“Nothing,” Jisoo sighs, “Don’t listen to their talking. They’re always like this, saying nonsense.”

It didn’t sound like nonsense to Soonyoung though. And he wanted to know what they were going on about, especially if they were talking about him.

A waiter walks up to them at this point and introduces himself, “Hi, my name is Ren. I’ll be helping you guys tonight. Are you guys ready to order?”

Minghao smiles up and nods his head, “Yes, I would like some fried chicken.”

The smile on Ren’s lips falters.

Jun turns to Minghao, smiling, “Minghao, if you wanted fried chicken, you should have told us. They don’t serve fried chicken here.”

 

“We have a gift for you,” Jun said, staring at Soonyoung.

They had finished their meals and were just about to leave for the night. Minghao also turned to Soonyoung, smiling.

“What more could you guys possibly give to me today?” Soonyoung asked his friends.

Minghao brings up the winning prize from the talent show. It was a camera in a box with a red ribbon around it. Sliding it across the table, Minghao makes it stop right in front of Soonyoung.

“It’s yours,” Minghao said with a smile.

Soonyoung shakes his head, “I can’t take it. I didn’t really win it.” He pushes the box back to Minghao.

“We went into this talent show for one reason,” Jun said, “It was to win you that prize. Minghao and I don’t need it. It’s for you, to film our dances. Just take it, with a promise to film our dance. I want to see it on your new youtube channel.”

“You mean our new youtube channel,” Minghao added.

Jun nods, “Our new youtube channel.”

“Are you guys serious?” Soonyoung asks the two.

“Super serious,” Minghao replies.

A wide smile spreads on Soonyoung’s lips, “Thanks, you guys. Did I ever mention how much I love you guys. Like, you guys are literally the best friends ever. If I could, I would kiss you. I would.”

Jun’s face distorted in disgust, “No, Soonyoung. Don’t kiss the friends.”

“Okay, okay,” Soonyoung said, laughing.

“Soonyoung,” Jeonghan calls to him, “I can’t help but overhear. And I have to ask. Is it okay if I film your first video? I’m going into filmography, and it would be great practice for me.”

“And I want to edit the video,” Jisoo said, volunteering next, “It would be good practice for me too, since I’m going into editing.”

Soonyoung couldn’t help but stare in amazement. They really were all artistic students. No wonder Jihoon hung out with them.

It all made him feel very untalented though. While they all knew the professions they were going into, he didn’t have a clue what his future was made of yet. Sure, Soonyoung did have his dancing, but it would only take him so far.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the filler sort of chapter.. there was a lot of family related things going on over the weekend, and a big chunk of my writing time was taken away from me. ps. I cannot wait for SoonHoon's duet song!!