Your Secret Admirer 8

Your Secret Admirer

 

It was the morning of the talent show. Soonyoung was busy running around, making sure everything was perfect. They had already perfected their stage outfits, but Soonyoung wanted to double check everything. It also had to done soon. The student staff, who had set up the whole talent show, wanted to do a rehearsal to make sure there would be no mistakes. It was technically a dry rehearsal, but the student staff still wanted all performers to show up.

Jun and Minghao had slept over. Soonyoung wanted to run through their song a few times again to make sure they were perfect. Which they were. The pair knew better than to mess around with something Soonyoung was passionate in, so they went along with whatever he wanted.

The plan was to just stay at school after rehearsals. They were given an empty classroom to practice in, and Soonyoung was going to take advantage of it.

“Do you guys have everything?” Soonyoung asked as he stood ready by the door.

“Yes, Hyung,” Minghao said with a smile, holding his bag up to show Soonyoung, “Everything you reminded me to bring is in here. I double checked, Jun double checked, and you double checked as well.”

“I have everything,” Jun said before Soonyoung could ask him too.

“Okay,” Soonyoung said, nodding, “We’re all set. Let’s go!”

The trio goes to their rehearsal and everything goes smoothly. Every set of performers were called up the stage and their song or audio were played. Soonyoung’s group was second last.

Afterwards, they were given the room number for the classroom they could get ready in. As soon as they arrived, Soonyoung had to make sure their outfits were ready.

“Okay guys,” Soonyoung said, clapping to get their attention, “Let’s bring out the outfits we decided on.”

Minghao, thinking it was best to empty everything from his bag, tipped the bag upside down making the contents fall all over the small desk. A belt and hat flew over the edge and onto the floor. “I brought everything you liked in my wardrobe, even the weird buttons you think will look nice on my jacket.”

“Good, good. You should pin them on for us to see,” Soonyoung said as he rummaged through his own bag.

Jun pulled out his own set of clothing, “I’m going to change into my outfit. And since we have time, I brought a book to read.”

“You still have the heart to read?” Soonyoung asked, not looking up, “I’m too nervous to do anything else.”

“Reading is what is going to calm my nerves,” Jun said as he took his clothes to a corner of the room.

“Have you guys seen my hat?” Soonyoung asked.

“The one you have on your head?” Minghao asked back, pointing to his own head.

Shaking his head, Soonyoung continued to rummage through his bag, “Not that one. I had another hat in mind to use.”

“Do you mean the one you put by the door, so you would remember it when we left?” Jun asked.

Soonyoung looked up over to his friend, nodding his head, “Yeah that one.”

“I don’t remember you picking it up. I think you left it there,” Jun tells him.

“I can’t believe this. I forgot such an essential item.”

Minghao tsked, “Hyung, I can’t believe you. You choreographed part of the song around our hats, how could you forget.”

“Just go back for it real quick,” Jun tells him, “We still have a long time of waiting for the talent show to start and for it to be our turn. You’ll make it.”

Soonyoung saw no other way around it. Minghao was right, his hat was important. And as crazy as it sounded, he really wanted to use this certain hat. It was perfect to finish off his stage outfit.

Telling his friends to just hang out while he was gone, Soonyoung left for his house. He wanted to make the trip quick.

Leaving the school’s ground, Soonyoung had nothing else on his mind other than his hat. About to pass the school, a voice made him stop. He had just past the school’s gates, and a alleyway was crowded with people. He wanted to keep going, knowing well to ignore all the students who felt like they were in real gangs.

But it was Jihoon’s voice who made him stop.

“Leave the kid alone,” Jihoon was telling someone.

“Who are you to be telling me what to do with this kid?” someone Soonyoung didn’t know asked back.

“Me?” Jihoon continued to not back down, “I’m going to make you regret every decision you are making right now.”

“Hyung.”

Soonyoung froze as his eyes widened. He recognized that voice. Chan, Jeonghan’s kid brother who came with them to Twenty17.

What was he doing in these neighborhoods? And why were those older kids messing with him? And how did Jihoon get himself mixed up into it?

“Let him go,” Jihoon said in a snarl.

Soonyoung groaned internally. He knew it was serious, Jihoon only sounded like that when he was serious.

“We’re not letting him go till we’re all good and done with him,” another voice joined in.

The former voice chuckled with his friends, “That’s right. This is no place for a kid like him here. He should have known better to not come here.”

“If the rumors are right,” Jihoon said in a bored agitated voice, “You shouldn’t be here either. You should have graduated a year ago.”

“YAA!” the voice boomed out. “You think you’re so funny don’t you?”

“Not funny,” Jihoon went on, “but probably smarter.”

“I don’t care who you are. You’re going to get it today, for having such a loose mouth. You, you dim-wit, hold him.”

Soonyoung had heard enough. He didn’t want to hear or watch what was about to happen. Before he could even think about what he was doing, he was running.

Having been around Jihoon for a while now, Soonyoung didn’t even think as he wrapped himself around the shorter figure. Another second passed then he felt it, something made contact with his back, forcing him to find support in Jihoon’s small form.

“What is going on here?!” a new voice screamed.

“Run!” Soonyoung heard from those random voices.

He was being held in arms when he heard his voice being said out loud.

“Soonyoung. Soonyoung, you idiot. Why did you get in the way?”

 

When Soonyong came to, he wasn’t on the dirty ground like he expected. He was... he was in the school’s nursery.

He could hear some yelling in the distance. Looking around at the room, he sees a figure sitting in a nearby chair.

“Minghao?” Soonyoung said in strain.

“Hyung!” Minghao looked away from his phone to greet Soonyoung, “You’re finally awake!”

“Who’s screaming out there?” Soonyoung asked, trying to figure out who the voices belonged to.

“Soonyoung-hyung!” A new voice screamed as it came closer. Chan had been sitting at the other side of the room and had ran when he heard Minghao.

The screaming outside stopped, and Soonyoung smiles when he sees Chan, “You’re okay then?”

“Why are you worried about me?” Chan pouted, “You were the one who got hurt.”

“It’s fine,” Soonyoung shrugged, “I’m still alive.”

“You should have seen Jun-hyung when he found out,” Chan continued at a fast pace, “He was livid. If the teachers and Minghao-hyung didn’t stop him, I’m sure he would have pummeled those guys.”

Minghao shook his head, “I’ve never seen him so angry before.”

“Where’s Jihoon?” Soonyoung asked, wondering where the irrational guy was.

Leaning in closer to Soonyoung, Minghao whispered to him, “He’s one of the screaming voices outside.”

Soonyoung wanted to know what Jihoon was screaming about, but he didn’t get the chance to ask. The door opens and a whole bunch of people walks in.

Leading them was Jun, with Jihoon right after him. Then came Jihoon’s friends, Jeonghan, Jisoo, and Seungcheol.

Jun went right up to him and glared at him, “You were supposed to go and get your hat. Not get mixed up in a fight.”

Soonyoung couldn’t help but grin, he loved how his best friend cared for him so much.

Jun scoffs and rolls his eyes, “Why are you smiling?”

“I’m just glad to have you in my life,” Soonyoung tells him.

“If you want to keep me in your life, you should take care of yourself better.”

Soonyoung nods in agreement, “Okay. But did you guys get to go back for my hat? We still have to perform later.”

“Soonyoung,” Jun said with a sigh, “I don’t know how else to tell you this.”

“What-?” Soonyoung was going to ask what he meant but Jihoon walked in front of Jun. “Jihoon?”

Without wasting his chance, Jihoon said, “You won’t be able to participate.”

“I won’t be able to dance my routine?” Soonyoung asked, “But Jun and Minghao.”

Jun sighed from Jihoon’s side, “Not only did you suffer from a slight concussion, the nurse says you’re just all-round exhausted. She recommends you take it easy, and maybe even take a nap right now.”

“But our dance, the talent show.”

“It’s fine, Soon. We’ll find another way to get you your camera.”

Soonyoung slowly shook his head, knowing it would give him a headache if he went any faster, “I’ll be fine without the camera. But someone still has to fill up that spot. You guys should do it without me.”

Minghao pouted, shaking his own head, “How can we do it without you Hyung?”

“He’s right,” Jun said, “It’s your dance. It’s not complete without you.”

Soonyoung smiled, “It’s a good thing you guys have been secretly planning a different dance routine then.”

“Wha-” Jun said, looking flustered, “What do you mean?”

“You guys thought I wouldn’t notice,” Soonyoung said, “but I did. You guys have a whole new song I’ve never heard before, and a dance choreography that is plain art. If we can’t do my routine, I want everyone else to see the one you guys worked hard on.”

“Hyung,” Minghao whined.

“Is he talking about the song you worked on with my uncle?” Jihoon said asked Minghao.

Minghao turned to Jihoon and nodded, “Yeah.”

“Jihoon’s uncle?” Soonyoung asked, staring between the two.

Jeonghan smiled, “His uncle makes music. It would only make sense to work with such a genius.”

“He’s even helped me with some random stuff,” Seungcheol added.

“As you can see,” Soonyoung said, “You’re completely set to do your routine. We’ve just got to tell them it’s going to be a different song.”

Soonyoung tries to sit up, but he doesn’t get far. Jihoon is by him, pushing him slowly back down. “Where do you think you’re going?”

“To talk to the student staff. They have to know what is going on,” Soonyoung tries to explain.

Jihoon shakes his head, “You’re going to lay in this bed till you’re okay to leave. Jun and Minghao are big boys who can go explain the situation. Seungcheol and the others can go with them.”

“You’re going to go with them too?” Soonyoung asked, trying to not care too much.

“I’m a bit tired, so I’ll be resting here for a while,” Jihoon said back, looking at Soonyoung in the eyes.

“Stay,” Jisoo said with a small smile, “Everything will be fine.”

“Chan will stay too!” Chan holds up his hand, volunteering himself.

“Chan will most definitely not be staying,” Jeonghan said, glaring at his brother, “You came for the talent show, you will see the talent show.”

“But Hyung!” Chan said in a pout, “I want to stay with Soonyoung-hyung.”

“Jihoon is staying with Soonyoung,” Jeonghan went on, “Plus, Soonyoung is going to rest. It is going to be boring, and you’re going to whine later on about missing the show. You can hang out with him later.”

Huffing, Chan slowly nodded, looking like he was in pain.

Soonyoung chuckled, “You should go see the show, Chan. I’m sure you’re going to love it. And Jun and Minghao will enjoy having you in the crowd.”

“Are you sure you’re going to be fine Jihoon?” Seungcheol said, speaking up, “I could stay to keep you company when Soonyoung sleeps.”

Jihoon smiles and shakes his head, “I’ll be fine Seungcheol. I may even take a small nap myself, you know how I don’t sleep all that well either.”

“You do need to sleep more,” Seungcheol sighed.

“We should go,” Jisoo said, gaining the attention of everyone, “It’s already getting close to the start of the talent show, and we have a lot to do to change just four minutes in this talent show.”

Jun nods, “We’ll come back after the show, Soonyoung. Just rest and don’t worry about anything.”

Soonyoung smiles back, knowing Jun could see the sadness behind it, “You guys are going to do great out there.”

Jun grins, “Of course we are. We have the best dancer guiding us.”

Minghao joins Jun and smiles just as wide, “We’re going to make you proud of us Hyung!”

 

Soonyoung doesn’t know how long he’s been asleep for. All he remembers is Jihoon telling him to rest, and how he would wake him up if they needed to leave for any reason.

He wakes up himself up, as his mind was never really at ease. Laying in his position, Soonyoung listens to his surrounding. He wasn’t sure if he was ready to wake up and talk to Jihoon. He also wasn’t sure if he was ready to ask himself why he wanted to know what was going on between Jihoon and Seungcheol. Soonyoung wasn’t ready to be interested in anyone at the moment.

A few minutes of lying comfortably quiet, Soonyoung hears something. Someone was softly singing. And after listening to it more, Soonyoung realized it wasn’t just anyone, it was Woozi.

 

~~~~~~~~

Last week was Jicheol's anniversary and I couldn't help myself but write a story for them. So I'm sorry this update is so late, but I'm back! And I can't wait to continue writing SOONHOON!!!