Your Secret Admirer 5

Your Secret Admirer

 

Soonyoung sat in awe as he watched his long time crush perform in front of him. How did he not think of this before. Watching Wonwoo and his friends perform made hairs grow all along his arms, and butterflies flittered through his stomach. Everything about the performance was beautiful.

If he wasn’t expecting another few hours of talking with Wonwoo, Soonyoung wanted to run home so he could start planning a new choreography. He was inspired.

After Wonwoo was done performing, Soonyoung went to the empty booth to wait for him. Even though he was worried with how he was feeling about Jihoon, he had been waiting for this night too long. He wasn’t going to let anything ruin his time with Wonwoo.

“Hey,” Wonwoo said, walking over to Soonyoung to sit down next to him, “How did you like it?”

“I loved it,” Soonyoung smiled so wide his cheeks hurt, “You were amazing. How did I not know our school hid such a talented person?”

Wonwoo smiled, “Thanks Soonyoung. I’m not that great though, I still have a lot to learn.”

“If you get any better you’re going to have fans following you everywhere,” Soonyoung joked.

“He already does,” Mingyu said, sliding into the booth next to Wonwoo.

Soonyoung’s eyes widened, turning to Wonwoo, “You have fans?”

“Just some girls and guys who come to watch whenever we perform. I’m surprised you didn’t notice them. They were pretty loud.”

Then it came to Soonyoung, “The screaming crowd in front of the stage? They are your fans?”

Seungkwan, who entered the booth with Seokmin, said, “They are OUR fans.”

Seokmin chuckles, saying, “Wonwoo is great, but only a handful are his personal fans.”

Mingyu leans in, looking around the room, “Where is Hansol?”

Getting up, Seungkwan sighs, “Must have gotten lost again. No matter how many times we come here, he just doesn’t pay attention. I’ll go find him.”

Once Seungkwan leaves the table, Seokmin turns to Soonyoung, “Wonwoo tells us you dance as a hobby.”

“I do,” Soonyoung flushed, thinking about how Wonwoo was telling his friends about him.

“He’s going to be performing at the talent show,” Wonwoo tells his friends.

Seokmin nodded while grinning, “I’m sure Wonwoo told you, this place is an open stage. Not many people turn up to perform. I’m sure if you wanted to, you could get a slot later.”

Rubbing the back of his neck, Soonyoung frowned, “I don’t know. I haven’t performed in a long time.”

“Think of it as a practice for when you do perform for the talent show,” Seokmin continued, “I’m sure your friends at the other table would enjoy it too.”

“Yeah,” Wonwoo chimed in, “Come on. We have been talking about it. I would love to see you dancing, I haven’t seen it before.”

Despite the semi dimmed room, Soonyoung was sure they could all see the redness rush to his cheeks. And he couldn’t help it, right now Wonwoo was his weakness. He knew he was going to be dancing tonight, and he was prepared.

Nodding, Soonyoung smiled and said, “Okay. For you Wonwoo, I’ll dance.”

Wonwoo smiles at him.

 

After his performance, Soonyoung walks over to Wonwoo’s booth with a huge smile on his face, feeling very accomplished for the night. The crowd was nice to him, his friends and acquaintances hyped him up. It was a good performance, and it only made Soonyoung want to be on stage even more.

Wonwoo was clapping as he watched Soonyoung make his way to the booth and sit down. “You should teach me some moves.”

Soonyoung chuckles, “You want to learn some dancing? Only if you teach me how to rap.”

Taking Soonyoung’s hand, Wonwoo nods, “Most definitely.”

Hearing a huge sigh from across the table, Soonyoung turns to face Mingyu.

Mingyu looks to Wonwoo and said, “I think I’m going to be going home for the night. I’m sure Seungkwan and Hansol went home already, seeing as they never came back.”

Next to Mingyu, Seokmin nods, “I’m probably going to head out as well. It was good meeting you Soonyoung.”

Wonwoo nods, “Okay, see you guys tomorrow.”

“Have a good night,” Seokmin said, waving, leading himself and Mingyu out of the booth.

“Bye,” Soonyoung waved to Wonwoo’s friends.

Once his friends were gone, Wonwoo turns to Soonyoung, “Did you want us to go join your friends in their booth?”

“If you’re okay with it,” Soonyoung nodded, hoping it would be.

“I would like to get to know them more too,” Wonwoo said.

Without looking away from the face of his crush, Soonyoung gets up to lead Wonwoo to the booth next to them. Holding onto his hands, Soonyoung doesn’t let go till they were comfortably seated next to Jun and Minghao. Jihoon and his friends still sits across from them.

“Is it normal for your friends to be leaving so early into the night?” Jun asked Wonwoo as they settled into their seats.

Shrugging, Wonwoo said, “I’m not sure what was up with them tonight. It’s fine though. You guys get me then.”

“Great,” Jihoon said dully.

“Attitude, Jihoon,” Jisoo scolded.

“It’s nice to have you guys join us,” Jeonghan said smiling.

Chan nods with excitement, a huge smile on his face, “I’ve been getting to know Jun-hyung and Minghao-hyung. If Jeonghan-hyung is willing to send me, I want to go see you guys practicing. Jun-hyung said it would be okay with you, Soonyoung-hyung.”

Chuckling at the young boy’s excitement, Soonyoung agrees, “Of course it’s fine.”

Gasping, Chan turns to Jeonghan, “Hyung, you have to send me to one of their practices now.”

“Okay,” Jeonghan said, smiling to his kid brother.

“You did pretty good up there,” Minghao said to Soonyoung, “When did you get time to practice that choreography?”

“Someone inspired me,” Soonyoung said smiling.

“You’re going to have to teach it to us on our spare time,” Minghao goes on, “After I get the moves down for the talent show of course.”

“I’m sure we’ll have time for it,” Jun said, bobbing his head along to the music in the background, “You’re following along just fine, Minghao.”

“So,” Seungcheol leaned in on the table, “Soonyoung. I hear you are going out with Wonwoo now.”

Soonyoung’s lips figeted, almost losing his smile, “We’re on our first date.”

Wonwoo also leaned in, staring at Seungcheol, “Why are you so interested in a relationship that doesn’t involve you?”

“Just making sure there won’t be any issues in the future,” Seungcheol smirked.

Jihoon sighed, rolling his eyes, “What kind of issues would you be thinking of?”

Seungcheol turned his attention to Jihoon, leaning towards him, “Making sure our future isn’t bothered, of course.”

Wonwoo had a tight smile on, asking, “Why would both your future be bothered if Soonyoung and I weren’t together?”

“Ahh,” Jeonghan clapped his hands together, “You don’t know, do you, Wonwoo?”

“What don’t I know?” Wonwoo asked, clearly agitated.

“Nothing,” Soonyoung intercepted, “Wonwoo, don’t listen to them. Who cares what they have to say. How about you walk me home now. It’s getting pretty late already.”

“If you guys are leaving, Minghao and I are going to be leaving too,” Jun said, “It’s been fun, but it is getting late.”

“Awww,” Chan pouted, “already? We should do this again.”

Minghao smiled to the young boy, “Of course.”

Wonwoo sighed, “Yeah, Soonyoung. We should leave for the night. I’ll walk you home.” Facing the others, Wonwoo tells them, “It was great meeting you guys. Have a good night.”

“Text me later,” Soonyoung tells Jun, getting up from the booth. Without another goodbye, he follows Wonwoo out of Twenty17.

Once they were away from the rest of the crowd, and on the dimly lit streets, Soonyoung inhaled some fresh air. He had a smile on his face, glad to be alone with Wonwoo again.

“Sorry about those guys back there. It was my first time meeting them too. So I’m honestly not sure myself what they were saying,” Soonyoung tells Wonwoo.

Wonwoo shrugs, “I’m not going to worry too much about it.”

“Tonight was amazing by the way,” Soonyoung smiled towards Wonwoo.

“You were pretty great on the stage,” Wonwoo smiled, finally.

Soonyoung smiled wider, running a hand through his hair, “It’s just something I do. What you were doing though, that was amazing.”

“I know,” Wonwoo smirked, “I am pretty amazing.”

With a chuckle, Soonyoung playfully pushed Wonwoo.

“Seriously though,” Wonwoo continued, “Tonight was nice. I’m glad you got to meet my friends. And your friends seemed nice too, the ones you actually knew of.”

“Jun and Minghao are great, they’ve always got my back.”

Looking around at the scenery, Soonyoung frowned, they had reached his house. Stopping in front of the house, Soonyoung lingered, not saying anything. He didn’t want his moment alone with Wonwoo to end just yet.

“This is you?” Wonwoo asked.

Nodding, Soonyoung said, “This is me.”

“I’m glad you had a good night, Soonyoung. I’ll see you on Monday, yeah?”

“Of course,” Soonyoung said, not taking his eyes off of Wonwoo, “Are you going to be okay, walking alone?”

Wonwoo smiles, nodding, “I’ll be okay. Go on in.”

Soonyoung leaves with never ending happiness in his heart. He just had a very good first date with his crush, Wonwoo.

 

The rest of the weekend goes.... uneventful. Soonyoung tries to message Wonwoo throughout the two days, and he does respond but his texts comes minutes, even hours, after.

“Do you think I did something wrong?” Soonyoung asked Jun, “I mean, I thought everything was fine. We ended the night well enough.”

Jun turns around in his computer, facing Soonyoung, “I haven’t been on many dates, but maybe this kind of stuff happens. The first date can go well, and everything kind of sours after.”

Laying on Jun’s bed, Soonyoung pouts, “If that is true, then this . I really thought he liked me.”

“He’s a fool to not like you,” Jun consoles his friend, “You guys would have been a cute couple.”

“We would have been an amazing couple,” Soonyoung tells him.

“Everyone would have been jealous,” Jun continues.

“Everyone!” Soonyoung repeats.

The two goes quiets as they think about their conversation. The smiles falling off their face.

With a sigh, Soonyoung wonders out loud, “Then why aren’t we planning a second date right now?”

 

Monday comes, and Soonyoung is nervous. Nothing he and Wonwoo had been texting each other were getting them anywhere. Soonyoung was expecting a lot of their next meeting, but it scared him. What if his fear was right and Wonwoo wanted nothing with Soonyoung now.

Soonyoung was picking at his food, listening to Jun and Minghao whisper to each other. Lunch had barely begun, and he had already lost his appetite. Wonwoo had yet to message him something worth reading.

“Soonyoung!”

Turning his head towards the voice, Soonyoung grimaces at the sight of Jihoon walking over. He had forgotten all about Jihoon as he was occupied with thoughts of Wonwoo.

“What is going on?” Jun asked.

“I don’t know,” Soonyoung whispered back.

Reaching their table now, Jihoon slams his hands in front of Soonyoung, “I need you to come with me NOW!”

“Wha-?” Soonyoung barely got out as Jihoon grabbed his wrist.

All Soonyoung could hear was Jun sighing and Minghao yelling “See you later Hyung” as he was pulled out of the cafeteria.

“Jihoon,” Soonyoung gritted out, “What are you doing, and where are you taking me?”

Not stopping anytime soon, Jihoon spitted back, “Be quiet, Kwon Soonyoung. Just follow me.”

“Do you think I am a fool? Who are you to think I would follow you so blindly?” Soonyoung questioned.

“Stop talking,” Jihoon tells him as he leads them through their school’s hallways.

Soonyoung huffs but follows, knowing it was pointless against Jihoon.

A good distance from the cafeteria, Jihoon comes to a stop.

“What?” Soonyoung said, stopping before he collided into Jihoon.

Without telling Soonyoung, Jihoon points at the window into the classroom they were by. Soonyoung frowns but complies, looking into the classroom. He couldn’t help but be curious as to what Jihoon had wanted to show him.

His heart dropped at the sight in the room. Wonwoo had Mingyu pushed against the chalkboard, lips locked, in the middle of a heated kiss.

Turning around, he tried to calm his fast beating heart. Soonyoung didn’t want to look anymore. HAe had seen enough. Tears were already threatening to fall. Why did he have to witness this?

Not having enough energy to pull away, Soonyoung stood there in shock as Jihoon leaned up to his ear.

“And this is why you are never going to be with Wonwoo,” Jihoon whispered.