Your Secret Admirer 4

Your Secret Admirer

Soonyoung was laid out on Jun’s bed. He was there but he also wasn’t there. His mind was off into another world where everything was rainbows and sunshine, and there was a fountain of cold coke running 24/7.

“Remember to breath,” Jun tells his friend.

Flipping to his stomach, Soonyoung smiles to Jun, “I still cannot believe it. He said yes. Wonwoo agreed to go out with me.”

“You’ve told me many times now,” Jun said with a small smile, “And I’m going to tell you again, I’m super happy for you.”

Taking out his phone, Soonyoung stared at the blank screen, “Do you think it would be too early to be texting him?”

Shaking his head, Jun said, “No, you guys agreed to go out on a date. At the least, you guys need to figure out when that date is going to happen. I’m also sure you are dying to talk to him anyways.”

With little quick nods, Soonyoung sits up, turning on his screen. Jun was right. Even though he had exchanged phone numbers with Wonwoo earlier, they had yet to set up a date. And he didn’t want to wait to find Wonwoo again to figure out when they were going to be going out. Plus, Wonwoo knew of his feelings already, texting him first shouldn’t matter.

Soonyoung: Hey there!

Wonwoo: I was wondering when you would be texting me ;)

Giggles escaped Soonyoung’s lips, and Jun tsked while shaking his head.

Soonyoung: You could have texted me first, forget all the waiting.

Wonwoo: I wasn’t sure if you were serious, it still feels all like a dream.

Flipping over on the bed, Soonyoung laid on his stomach, kicking his feet in delight.

“Soonyoung,” Jun said to the excited boy, “That’s my bed you’re kicking with your dirty feet.”

Soonyoung didn’t reply as he stopped and went back to texting Wonwoo.

Soonyoung: So, I was wondering when our date would be. Unless you would like me to plan something, since I did ask you out.

His heart beated fast as he waited for Wonwoo’s reply. Soonyoung was hoping for something to move forward their relationship. And having a date with just them would help them get to know each other better.

Wonwoo: There’s actually an event I want to take you to, if you don’t mind.

Soonyoung: I would love to go with you, no matter what it is, as long as we’re together.

Wonwoo: You’re tooo sweet >.< Every Friday there is a talent show thrown by the cafe owned by the school, and my friends and I hang out there almost all night. It be cool for you to meet them.

Okay, Soonyong would take what he could get. Even if his friends were there, Wonwoo would be there too. And it was an official first date between them. It was all that mattered.

Soonyoung: It’s a date :)

Wonwoo: I can’t wait ;)

 

The next day Soonyoung was with Jun, standing outside of the school’s building waiting for Minghao. School had been let out for a while now, and lingering students were long gone. Minghao had to stay late to talk to a teacher, and Jun was willing to wait. Since Soonyoung had no plans other than to practice with the two later anyways, he waited with Jun.

“There are rumors,” Jun said, sighing as he looked over to his friend.

“Of?” Soonyoung asked, looking around for Minghao.

“You and Wonwoo,” Jun tells him.

Forgetting about Minghao, Soonyoung turns his head to Jun, “What is being said?”

“You’re going out on a date with him, this Friday. You’re his date to Twenty 17.”

“Ahh,” Soonyoung said nodding, “That’s not a rumor. I am going to Twenty 17 with Wonwoo.”

“And you forgot to tell me? Your best friend?” Jun said, glaring.

“Oh come on, you were doing your homework last night and told me not to bother you,” Soonyoung pouted, “So I went on to do my own homework, which you didn’t even help me with. Plus, you would have found out from me today anyways. I was going to tell you and Minghao during our practice.”

“I’m surprise it wasn’t the first thing you shouted this morning when we met.”

“I wanted to,” Soonyoung grinned, “I wanted to show you all the texts we’ve sent to each other already. Do you want to see? I can show you while we wait.”

Jun leaned away, saying “No, it’s fine. But you don’t mind? Being the talk of the school at the moment?”

“Why would I care,” Soonyoung said, clinging onto Jun’s arm, smiling, “This is more than I ever expected.”

“You should care a little bit,” Jun said, not looking at Soonyoung anymore, “Minghao is walking over and he’s with Jihoon.”

Soonyoung stiffens at what he heard, looking around, “What are you talking about?”

“Over there,” Jun said, nodding to where two figures were walking towards them.

Looking at the direction Jun had mentioned, Soonyoung’s face paled, “They’ve been talking. Why is he looking at me like that?”

Jihoon was looking at Soonyoung, more like glaring at him. While Minghao still talked to the shorter of the two.

“I’m pretty sure, if the whole school has heard, Jihoon has also heard about you and Wonwoo. Did you really think he would be pleased?” Jun said.

“He should have realized this was going to happen sooner or later. I’ve told him many times over that I would never be his,” Soonyoung tells Jun, while still watching the two make their way over.

“Maybe seeing you and Wonwoo together will make him realize it,” Jun suggested.

“I hope so,” Soonyoung frowned.

They talked no more as Minghao and Jihoon walked into hearing distance. Minghao looked over and smiled to Jun. While Jihoon still stared at Soonyoung with a glare.

“Junnie,” Minghao greeted Jun, smiling as he takes his hand.

“Hi, Minghao,” Jun said back, “What were you guys talking about?”

Minghao smiled towards Jihoon before looking back at Jun, “We were talking about our song choices for the school’s talent show. I mentioned how we were going to be using one of Woozi’s original songs, and Jihoon-hyung wanted to know which one it was.”

Soonyoung frowned at this news, looking at Jihoon, “Why are you so interested in what music we’re dancing to?”

“You know why,” Jihoon tells him.

A sigh leaves Soonyoung, “Are you going to mention your obsession with me again? Because you should just give up. I’m sure you’ve heard all the talk already. I’m going out with Wonwoo now.”

He was getting tired of having Jihoon shadow him around. The guy had to give up sooner or later, and hopefully it was soon. Soonyoung wanted some alone time to be happy about Wonwoo. He didn’t want the constant reminder that he had a stalker.

Jun cleared his throat, catching the attention of the two boys glaring at each other, “Minghao and I are going to head out first. We’ll meet you at my place later, Soonyoung.”

Soonyoung looked towards Jun and nods, “I’ll be there soon.”

Making sure he had a good grip on Minghao’s hand, Jun leads him away. Trailing after Jun, Minghao leaves after giving Soonyoung and Jihoon a small wave of goodbye.

When Jun and Minghao were far enough, Soonyoung turns back to Jihoon, “You need to stop this. No matter what you’ve said in the past, you can’t change anything that has already happened. I’m going out with Wonwoo. Nothing will stop me from having a good time with him.”

Jihoon stood in front of him, listening on with a bored look. When Soonyoung was done, Jihoon sighed and said, “Nothing is going to change is true. You may be going out with Wonwoo, but in time you will see that he is not the one for you.”

“Why do you have to be this way?” Soonyoung said with growing annoyance.

“Why can’t you see that what you are doing is going to be pointless!” Jihoon growled back.

“I can’t do this anymore Jihoon. I cannot have you around me when I am trying to be happy with someone else. You have to understand that nothing is going to happen between you and me.”

Soonyoung was ready to storm away from Jihoon, he no longer wanted to have a repeating conversation. Turning to the side, he takes a step away from Jihoon. But his arms is taken a hold and he stops in step.

“I’m not done with you yet,” Jihoon said, pulling Soonyoung to the front of him again.

“Let go of me,” Soonyoung said, trying to get Jihoon off of his arm.

Not letting go, Jihoon steps in front of Soonyoung. And not stopping there, he keeps pushing till Soonyoung is up against the school’s wall.

“Stop this, Jihoon,” Soonyoung screams out.

“I will when I am done saying what I to say,” Jihoon said with a glare.

Glaring back, Soonyoung grits back, “What is it then?”

“You are mine,” Jihoon states as he tugs on Soonyoung’s tie, bring him down to Jihoon’s height. Not waiting to be pushed away, Jihoon pecks at Soonyoung’s lips.

Soonyoung pulls back, inhaling in shock of what just happened. His heart hammered in his chest. He couldn’t believe it happened again. Jihoon, the little creature that he is, kissed him again for the second time.

Jihoon smirked and stepped back from the clearly irritated Soonyoung. Turning around to leave, he said to Soonyoung, “Go and practice. Try to forget me as you long for Friday to come around. I know you won’t be able to forget me soon. You have lips that will remember me.”

Clamping his eyes with anger, Soonyoung groans out in frustration. Falling to the floor, Soonyoung waits for Jihoon to disappear from his sight. He didn’t want to be bothered with having to run away from school, walking past the nightmare following him around.

 

To Soonyoung’s surprise, Jihoon didn’t bother him Friday morning. Another surprise happened, Jihoon was found talking to Minghao and even Jun while he wasn’t around. When Soonyoung did come up to the group, the conversations would stop and Jihoon would say bye, leaving them without ever having acknowledging Soonyoung.

When Soonyoung did ask his friends what it was all about, they didn’t have much to say other than that Jihoon had been asking them about music and art. Soonyoung wondered why he wasn’t ever invited to these conversations. Despite not wanting to be around Jihoon, he loved to converse about music and even art. In his mind, dancing was a form of art.

While Jihoon was out of the picture, Soonyoung was busy with talking to Wonwoo. He had gone to sleep blissfully after sharing a wonderful happy conversation with the boy he was going on a date with soon.

And now it was Friday and their date was going to happen that afternoon. All day long, Soonyoung was texting Wonwoo back and forth about their evening. Wonwoo was going to be performing that night, and if Wonwoo could work his magic, Soonyoung may even be talked into dancing a solo.

Everything about it sound perfect to Soonyoung. They were the pair of perfection. They both loved music, even if their spectrum of it was hip hop and dancing. Already, Soonyoung was hoping for a day when they could collaborate, Wonwoo would rap while Soonyoung would dance.

It was a perfect day, where Soonyoung was glad he wasn’t bothered by a boy named Jihoon. He wasn’t going to ruin his day by remembering the boy who ruined his whole life in one day. He was going to look forward to the boy who made his life worth living in one day. Nothing at school could bother him, and nothing did.

As school was ending, and the cafe getting ready for the night, Soonyoung was going to spend an hour with Jun and Minghao before the trio headed to the cafe. Jun and Minghao had decided to go on their own date.

When it was time, the group leaves for the cafe.

“I cannot wait to see the show,” Minghao said, jumping around as he trailed behind Jun, “I’ve heard so many tales, and now we’re going to see it live.”

Jun looks back to the excited boy, “If you wanted to see this place so bad, you should have just mentioned it. I would have taken you.”

“I wasn’t sure if you guys wanted to take away time from practice for it,” Minghao said, still smiling.

“I would have talked to Soonyoung about it,” Jun said, smiling back, “And he would have came along too, I’m sure he likes watching people sing and dance too.”

Minghao nodded, “He does like to watch Woozi on Youtube a lot.”

Soonyoung had been keeping quiet, thinking about hanging out with Wonwoo, but now that they had mentioned him, he couldn’t stay silent, “I do not watch him a lot. I only watch him for inspiration.”

Jun and Minghao laugh together as they leave Soonyoung alone for the rest of the walk. As the trio enters the cafe, Soonyoung scans the crowd for the one person he was here to see. At a booth he finds Wonwoo surrounded by a his friends.

“Come on,” Soonyoung tells his friends, as he leads them over to Wonwoo. Thankfully the booth next over was empty, and they decided to claim it for the night.

After seeing Jun and Minghao comfortably seated and deep in conversation, Soonyoung decided it was time to make himself known to Wonwoo. Stepping over to stand in front of their booth, Soonyoung waves to the group of people.

“Hi,” Soonyoung waved.

Wonwoo stands up, smiling, “I was wondering when you were going to show up.”

“Who's this?” one of Wonwoo’s friend said, looking Soonyoung up and down.

“Squeeze over,” Wonwoo said, pushing on his friend next to him, “Let him sit down.”

Everyone moves over and Soonyoung sits down next to Wonwoo. Finally being this close to his crush was sending Soonyoung over the moon. He had only dreamt of a chance like this, and it was happening. He wanted to hold Wonwoo’s hand, but wondered if it was too soon. Even though he was having those thoughts, Wonwoo took his hand anyway and held it up on the table.

“Everyone, this is my date Soonyoung,” Wonwoo tells his friends. “He asked me out, and I agreed. We’ve been chatting together for awhile.”

“Our Wonwoo is dating?” another friend of Wonwoo’s asked.

“I’m Seokmin by the way. Since Wonwoo doesn’t know how to introduce his friends,” the boy across Soonyoung said.

Wonwoo chuckled, “Sorry, I was too excited to tell you guys about Soonyoung.” As Wonwoo gestured to each of the boys, he said their names, “Seokmin, as you know, Hansol, Seungkwan, and Mingyu.”

Seungkwan and Hansol waved, and said, “Hello.”

While all Soonyoung got from Mingyu was a simple, “Hey.”

“Hi,” Soonyoung greeted them again, smiling.

“We’re going to be going up soon to perform,” Wonwoo tells Soonyoung, “Are you going to be okay by yourself?”

Soonyoung shakes his head slightly, “I’ll go over to sit by my friends. Did you want to meet them?”

With a gentle smile, Wonwoo nods, “Sure.”

Soonyoung stands up and leaves the booth, waiting for Wonwoo. When both boys were up, Soonyoung leds them to the next booth over.

“You’re just right next to us,” Wonwoo said chuckling.

“Yup. When I saw it empty, I decided to take it,” Soonyoung said with a grin.

And even when he saw that Jun and Minghao had more people at their table, it didn’t stop the grin on his lips.

“Jihoon, what a surprise,” Soonyoung said.

Jun looks over to Soonyoung, saying, “We had the room, so they joined us. I hope it’s okay.”

“It’s fine,” Soonyoung tells him, “I just wanted to introduce you guys to Wonwoo.”

They all smile and wave to Wonwoo, who was observing not only the table in front of him but his own table of friends as well.

“Wonwoo, these are my friends, and some people here I don’t know. Jun and Minghao. Then there is Jihoon, and I'm guessing his friends.”

“You’re right,” one of Jihoon’s friend spoke up, “We are Jihoon’s friends. I’m Seungcheol, next to me is Jisoo, Jeonghan, and Jeonghan’s kid brother, Dino, who is going to be entering next year. He wanted to see the cafe.”

“Nice to meet you Soonyoung,” Jisoo spoke up, a smile on his lips and a twinkle in his eyes, “I’ve been wanting to meet you for a while now.”

Soonyoung didn’t know whether to smile or frown at his words. Jisoo seemed nice enough, but he was also Jihoon’s friend, and he wasn’t too sure if he should trust anyone who was friends with Jihoon.

“Are you going to be okay here?” Wonwoo asked, gaining Soonyoung’s attention.

Turning to Wonwoo, Soonyoung smiled, “Yeah, I’ll be fine. I can’t wait to see you on stage.”

 

“So Soonyoung, tell us, why is our aggressive tiny talented friend so infatuated with you?” Jeonghan said, leaning over the table with his chin in his palms.

“I’m not tiny,” Jihoon said with boredom.

Seungcheol nodded, “Yeah, Jihoon is our cute petite friend.”

“I’m not cute,” Jihoon said with a scowl.

Chan leaned over to Jun and Minghao and asked them, “Do you guys dance like Soonyoung too?”

Jun and Minghao looked curiously over at the young boy and nodded.

“Cool,” Chan said, smiling, “I overheard Jihoon mentioning Soonyoung’s hobby of dancing, and got super excited since I like dancing as well. It’s nice to meet more people who love dancing.”

Jisoo glared towards Soonyoung, “You never answered, Soonyoung. Why is it that Jihoon likes you so much.”

Soonyoung blinked in confusion. What was he supposed to tell these people who he barely knew, he didn’t know the reason for Jihoon’s crazy crush on him as well.

“Leave him alone,” Jihoon said, speaking up.

“Yeah, it doesn’t even matter,” Seungcheol said, smiling to Jihoon, “We all know that one of these days, you’re finally going to say yes to me asking you out.”

The whole table went quiet as Chan sighed, looking at Seungcheol in disbelief. Jeonghan tsked and Jisoo shook his head. Jun and Minghao watched Soonyoung, wondering how their friend was taking in this new information.

A indescribable pain was building in Soonyoung’s chest. His heartbeat pulsed with an unfamiliar ache. What did Seungcheol mean with his words? And more importantly, why did it bother Soonyoung so much?