Friends

Roommate X

A/N: Thank you so much to all my readers for upvoting and subscribing. You guys are truly awesome! So here is the next chapter and I hope you guys enjoy it.

-Allister

 

 

Tiffany was woken up with a throbbing headache. She tossed and turned in bed trying to ease her pain from her mind. She couldn’t really remember why she drank so much and then it hit her. She was competing with Yuri on how much she good drink and without her knowing Hyoyeon was actually teaming up with Yuri on putting more alcohol in the drinks that was served to Tiffany than Yuri’s drinks. She got ed up in the process and lost some money to Yuri. Once she sobers up, she is definitely going to kill the tanned girl and dancer when she sees them next time. Tiffany turned to her side to check her phone and right there on her night stand was a glass of water and pain killer medication. She was grateful to have a best friends like Taeyeon and Sunny. Those two were there for her throughout high school and they understood her more than anyone. Tiffany started to think of another girl who she cared about and trusted, but in the end that girl had abandoned her. From time to time she would think about this girl, like every time she sees cucumbers at the store. She shook of her thoughts because every time she thinks about this certain girl her heart would ache. She didn’t even know if it was anger or sadness that she felt but she knew it bothered her. Tiffany didn’t want to feel this type of heartache when she thought of this girl, so she pushed out all feelings and thoughts. Her friends were really understanding to not bring this girl’s name when around Tiffany because they know it would be hard on her. She drank the water and took the medicine so the pain could subside in both her head and heart and dragged her body to her bathroom so she could get ready for today. Tiffany emerged from her room after a fresh shower and a change of clothes, she headed to her kitchen. What surprised her the most was what was on the table. An American style breakfast with coffee was presented on the dining table. There was a stack of waffles with a side of eggs and bacon made just for her. There was a pink sticky note on the table that said:

[Hello Roomie, I moved in last night and I thought I should make you some breakfast as a welcoming surprise. I am sorry for the inconvenience but thank you for allowing me to stay in your apartment. First month’s rent is in the envelop on the other counter. I had already left for work and won’t be back until later. – SYJ].

Tiffany smiled because she liked how the girl was very appreciative and nice about it. She thought she would have a hard time getting to know a new girl but she thought she would be okay to live with. I wonder why she didn’t write out her whole name. Maybe she wants to introduce herself in person. Tiffany happily ate the breakfast that ‘SYJ’ made for her and it made her feel a lot better. Her energy was regaining and she didn’t feel as sluggish like she did when she woke up.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

 Jessica got to her new office early in the morning and the only people that greeted her were the security. None of her new employees or even Tyler were up this earlier. Can you believe this girl whom loved to sleep in so much, was up early in the morning? For one she didn’t even get a good night sleep because of the time change and knowing that she is living with her ex-girlfriend. Secondly she didn’t want to run into Tiffany either, so she left as soon as the sun started to rise. Her body was tired but her mind refuse to let her sleep. She needed to look for a new room before she meets Tiffany again. It feels too hard to meet her ex because she doesn’t know what had happened to them. Why there relationship failed in the first place. After all these years Jessica couldn’t find anything wrong. She felt complete with Tiffany, they understood each other and cared for one another, but when it was time to leave Korea for college everything they had shared fell apart. Tiffany completely ignored Jessica’s existence. No closure whatsoever between them. Jessica slumped in her office chair trying to calm her mind and push out all thoughts of Tiffany.

A knock was heard from the office door and Jessica called out for the person to come in.

“Jessica Jung in her office so early in the morning, unbelievable. I expected you would sleep in and at least get some well-deserved rest.” Tyler walked in with two coffees at hand and a brown paper bag. He placed one coffee and the brown paper bag on Jessica’s desk.

“Morning Tyler. I didn’t really sleep that much and I wanted to get started on some work, so here I am. Thanks for the coffee.”

“There’s a bagel in there too, that you could eat.”

Jessica hummed in response while looking through some emails.

“Something wrong, Sica?” Tyler couldn’t help but see Jessica drained out face. He knew she was probably sleepy but he also knew it was something more than a lack of sleep. Tyler could tell she had a lot on her mind.

Jessica sighed. She was always good at hiding her true feelings but for this morning she was completely out of it. “I need to find a new place.”

“What, why? Is your roommate a psycho killer?”

“No, but I feel like it’s worse than that.” Jessica rubbed her temple on the side of her head.

“What could be worse than a killer?”

“My ex-girlfriend.”

Tyler’s eyes widen when she said that. He knew that story. The story of Jessica getting her heart broken and accepting it like she deserved that heartache. She tried to get over Tiffany but she couldn’t. Tyler knew she still had string feelings for this girl. “The same ex-girlfriend that left you broken and didn’t turn back for you or even give you an explanation about it.”

“That’s the one. The only one.” Jessica let out another sigh. “I can’t see her. I’m too afraid.”

“What happened to my ice queen of a boss? You quiver in fear from a girl that turned her back on you when you wanted to pursue your dream and left you like the love you shared was nothing.” Tyler did have a point but Jessica couldn’t get it through her thick head. She had always thought she was in the wrong for leaving Tiffany so Tiffany ended their relationship first right then and there. “I’m going to let you sit on this one. I want to help Jessica because for one as a business partner, I can’t work with you when you keep thinking about this ex-girlfriend of yours, and second, I care about you as a friend. We are supposed to look out for each other, yeah know.” When Tyler said that he left Jessica’s office so she could think about his words carefully. She knew he was trying to help but she didn’t want any help. Tyler’s words were the same thing that were said to her back in high school by her best friends. Those best friends of hers tried to get to understand that it wasn’t her fault at all and it was Tiffany’s. Yet Jessica still blames herself.

 

FLASHBACK

Seven girls were in a living room talking amongst one another.

“WHAT?! Are you serious?!” Yuri got up from the couch and shouted directly at Jessica who was sitting across from her.

Jessica had told them what happened yesterday, when she told Tiffany that she would be going to college in America while everybody else got into colleges her in Korea. It was the day after that time where Tiffany had turned away from Jessica and when they were at school earlier today, Tiffany was completely avoiding and ignoring Jessica. So, their friends got worried if they fought but they didn’t think that their relationship had ended and Tiffany was the one who ended it. They knew Jessica before Tiffany and they felt like Jessica was deep down, hurt inside.

“Are you kidding me? She can’t do that without a reason. That means she didn’t love or care about you in the first place.” Next it was Hyoyeon to yell.

“Look guys, it’s my fault. I’m the one leaving for America and –“

“NO!” Yuri cut off Jessica and grabbed the girl by the collar of her shirt. Sooyoung and Yoona tried to hold back Yuri but she wasn’t budging. “You think it’s your fault. You are wrong Jessica Jung! She is the one at fault! You loved her unconditionally. From the moment you met her, you were head over heels for her. You are pursuing your dream and now you finally got a chance to go after it. After high school, you are leaving and we, your best friends will support you all the way.” Yuri’s grip loosened on Jessica’s shirt.

“Guys, I’m going to take Seohyun with me, to try to talk to Tiffany. Maybe to understand why she did that.” Sunny softly said taking Seohyun in hand. All seven girls are close with Jessica but the ones who are childhood friends of Jessica are Taeyeon, Yuri, Hyoyeon, Sooyoung and Yoona. They met Sunny and Seohyun later on in school.

“Sunny wait.” Jessica stopped Sunny and Seohyun before they left the house to go to Tiffany. “I have a favor that I would like to ask all of you. Whatever the reason is whether it was my fault or Tiffany’s, don’t hate her please. When I leave after high school, you guys are all she will have. I want you guys to stay as her friends and support her too.” Jessica looked up to everybody and they could see a hint of sadness in her eyes.

“Really Sica, really? That’s a huge favor because she practically left you for the dead and you expect us to be nice to her like nothing happen.” Hyoyeon questioned.

“Do it for me, please.”

 “For you, anything. We will fulfill that favor as a promise. We won’t shut out Tiffany, when you leave.” It was Taeyeon’s turn to step in and talk. Taeyeon and Jessica were the oldest among their friends and everybody had high respect for them. So when both Taeyeon and Jessica give an order, they obey and respect their words.

 

PRESENT

Tiffany went to go meet up with Sunny and Seohyun at a café.

“Hey Fany.” Sunny greeted her first.

“Where’s Seohyun?”

“She went to get the coffee and desserts.”

“I’m sorry. I was probably hard to handle when I drank too much.”

“It’s alright. Taeyeon and I did a decent job dragging you to your apartment without harming you too much.” Sunny smirked.

“Did you meet my roommate?”

“What?” Sunny was surprised at the question because she knew who Tiffany’s roommate was. “N-No, why?”

“Well my roommate was so sweet this morning and she made me breakfast. I didn’t get to meet her this morning because she left for work.”

“O-Oh I see.” Sunny was a bit nervous because Jessica had told her she would, she would try to avoid Tiffany in the meantime, until they think of a plan to soften their meeting after all these years.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jessica was busy drawing up some thumbnails for her first project when her office phone started to ring.

“Hello Ms. Jung, I am sorry to disturb during your work hours.” A young lady’s voice said through the phone speakers. It was her assistant, Gu Hara.

“It’s fine Hara. What is it?”

“There are about five people down at the lobby asking for you. Security was going to through them out because they were a bit rowdy, but then one of them flashed your business card to the guard. What should I do ma’am?”

Jessica chuckled by just thinking about how her friends are causing a scene at the office especially Hyoyeon. That girl could pick a fight with anyone and she wouldn’t care. “Send them to my office and I will deal with them personally.”

“Of course Ms. Jung, right away.” Hara hung the conversation on the phone.

After a few moments her door burst opened revealing the people she treasured the most in life besides her sister and parents. Her dorky childhood friends, Taeyeon, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sooyoung, and Yoona. They all ran up to group hug Jessica altogether.

“When Taeyeon unnie told us she saw you last night, we thought she was pulling our leg.” Yoona was the first to speak.

“Yeah I thought she was pulling a prank.” Sooyoung commented.

“I just arrived last night guys. I had no time to call everybody because I was busy with the transition of moving back out here.”

“I’m glad you are back, Sica. We missed you a whole lot.” Hyoyeon said.

Jessica genuinely smiled at them. “It’s great to be back guys and I did miss all of you as well. I also wanted to say thank you for keeping our promise.”

“Taeyeon was a constant reminder of that. Especially for me and Hyoyeon, because we keep messing with Tiffany from time to time. It kind of eases our anger towards her after what she did to you. Sometimes we would play pranks on her or when we are out for drinks, Hyoyeon would pour more liquor than what she is supposed to have.” Yuri finally spoke up and confessed how they really treated Tiffany. “Taeyeon, Sunny, Sooyoung, Yoona, and Seohyun are the ones who are actually really nice to Tiffany.”

“Those two like to tease Tiffany sometimes, Sica. But Tiffany always thinks, it’s just part of their personality. She doesn’t really think much of it either.” Taeyeon added.

“Guys, look I am sorry than you think the favor I asked you is ridiculous but I can’t stand to see her hurt. I still care about her a lot.” Jessica rubbed her temple.

“Yet, Tiffany doesn’t have an ounce of care for you and your feelings. She practically ditched you.” Hyoyeon started to get irritated whenever they talk about the past and Tiffany.

“Unnies let’s just get something to eat, so Jessica unnie could get her mind off of this situation.” Yoona mentioned.

“Yeah let’s get food!” Sooyoung jumped up and down.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sunny and Tiffany were talking about how there students were doing and how busy they’re going to be when finals start going on. Sunny is actually a physical education teacher and the soccer coach for SM University. They were still waiting for Seohyun to get their order. The café was a bit packed with customers, so the line was kind of long. Then they saw Seohyun make her way out of the crowd, holding up a tray with three mugs and three different cakes. Seohyun smiled at her unnies but then something or more like someone caught her attention beyond the table where Sunny and Tiffany were sitting. Six people made their way inside the café and one of the six caught Seohyun’s attention automatically. That person made Seohyun drop her tray of drinks and dessert and tears were forming from her eyes.

“Seohyun!” Both Sunny and Tiffany said at the same time but Seohyun completely ignored them.

“Sica unnie?” Seohyun said in a cracked and soft voice that was still heard by the two girls.

Sica. Oh my god. Sunny panicked and turned around swiftly and there they were, standing not too far from.

Seohyun immediately ran up to them and hugged one of her favorite unnies tightly. “I missed you so much.”

“I missed you too, Seobaby.” Jessica hugged her back and rubbed her back to calm her down.

Tiffany was just standing there, too stunned on what she just heard. Jessica’s name and that Jessica is back in the flesh. She turned around to see if it was true, and it was. There she was, Jessica Jung, her ex-girlfriend was right there in front of her. Jessi.

Tiff. Jessica and Tiffany locked eyes with one another, and stayed like that.

 

A/N: JeTi finally met after all these years but Tiffany still doesn't know that they are roommates. This chapter was a lot Jessica's friendship with her friends and how they are very loyal to her. I hope you guys liked this one and I am already working on the next one so I could update fast for you guys. Remember to upvote, subscribe and comment so I could know what all your thoughts are. Until next time~

-Allister