XX 04

(XX)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
=== 

“Hi, Steph.”

“Hm. Hi.” Stephen absentmindedly replied without taking his eyes off his sketchbook. After a few minutes of scribbling, he looked up and was surprised upon seeing his friend comfortably sitting on the couch. “Since when did you get here?” He asked the blonde who looked at him in confusion.

“A few minutes ago. I even said hi and you greeted me back. What’s wrong with you?”

“Oh.” He scratched his head as he smiled sheepishly. “Anyway, what brings you here, Jess?”

“Nothing. I’m just bored.” Jessica shrugged and went back to her magazine. 

“Really?” Stephen looked at her in disbelief and left his work on the table to sit beside her. “Aren’t you busy with your new line’s launch or something?”

“Hm.”

“Right…” He narrowed his eyes as he observed the blonde flip through the pages. “You’re being suspicious, Jess.”

“What? I’m not.”

“You won’t bother visiting me if you didn’t need something.”

“Oh please, can’t I just visit you, sweetie?” Jessica placed the magazine aside and grabbed the young man’s cheeks to squish them in between her palms. “Oh, don’t pout at me like that. You’re looking like a lost boy.” She cooed.

Stephen grimaced at the endearing tone and swatted the hands away. “You’re being yucky, Jess. Stop it.”

Jessica chuckled at the comment and reached out to fix his disheveled hair. “And this why you can’t have a girlfriend, Steph.”

“What? What did I do?” He ran his fingers through his hair and straighten his glasses. 

“You know…” She reached out and took off his glasses. “You’re a pretty decent man, Steph. It’s just that…” She tilted her head as she looked at him blinking, looking confused while furrowing his brows.

“What?”

“You should pay more attention on how you look.”

“Huh?” Stephen looked down and saw nothing unappealing about what he’s wearing. “What’s wrong with what I’m wearing? It looks just fine.”

“No, it’s not that.”

“Then what’s wrong?” He looked at her in confusion when she poked his forehead. “My forehead?”
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter