CHAPTER 2

Special Class

Mark approaches Hyeri and brings her to an empty storage room. He pushes her to the wall and leans towards her with one arm on the wall. 

"I never knew the innoncent Hyeri will ever find out about this. Aren't you surprised? Wasn't it unexpected? What do you think? Do you wish this was all a dream?", Mark asked Hyeri in a mad voice.

Hyeri kept quiet and didn't answer Mark. She was scared and didn't know how to reply to him.

Mark was getting more impatient. "Do you see this as a joke? Why aren't you replying?" 

Hyeri looked like she was going to cry if she stayed there any longer. She quickly apologized to Mark for seeing something she shouldn't have and ran to class. 

Class had already started. Hyeri opens the door loudly, causing her classmates and her teacher to look at her. Hyeri heard someone catching their breath right behind her. She turned around and met eyes with Mark. He smiled warmly and walked into the class.

"Sorry Mr. Kim! Hyeri and I were stopped by a teacher in the hallway to help her bring textbooks to the staff room. We ran back, but I guess we couldn't make it in time!"

Mark's excuse sounded like a complete BS to Hyeri, but Mr. Kim and the classmates believed him and carried on with the lesson. Hyeri and Mark goes to their seat and Hyeri glances at Mark. Mark turns around and sees Hyeri looking at her. The warm smile he has given to the class disappeared and instead, he was smiling slyly at Hyeri. Hyeri looked away and tried to ignore him as much as she could. However, it was not easy for Hyeri to forget what she has seen. The kind-looking Mark was actually a two-faced scary gang leader.

As Mr. Kim was talking, there was a knock on the door. 

"Yes? Come in! It must be the new student who will be transferring into our class", Mr. Kim said.

A pretty looking boy came in and Mark jumped up in surprised.

The pretty boy introduced himself. "Hey! What's up! I'm Jackson Wang and I came from Hong Kong! I hope to get along with everyone!"

The class gave him a round of appluase and warmly welcomed him. Mark approached Jackson and gave him a strong hug. Mark lived in HK for a year and attended the same school as Jackson. They were best friends since then and Jackson had come to Korea to study about the Korean culture. Jackson took an empty seat next to Baekhyun. 

.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Brrrrriiinnngggggggg

When the bell rung for the end of the school, Jungkook steps out of class with Rap Monster to help Mr. Kim bring his stuff to the staff room. Jackson and Mark were talking about their school life without seeing each other. Jackson looked around the room to see if there are any cute girls. He catching his attention on Suzy and stares at her. Suzy turns around and meets eyes with Jackson. Jackson winks at her, making her blush in embarrasment. 

"Who is she? She's so cute", Jackson asks Mark while nudging his head towards Suzy.

"Oh, She's Suzy. She's known to be the celebrity of the school. She's pretty, smart and nice"

Jackson looks around the room one more time and spots Bora. She was laughing with Soyou.

"Hm... Who is she? She seems cuter", Jackson asks Mark again.

"She's Bora. The athletic council's vice president and the top athlete of the school. She's cute and popular", Mark replied.

Jackson secretly goes behind Bora and gives her a tight back hug. Thinking it was Jungkook, Bora turns around and says, "Hey babe!"

In surprise, Bora pushes Jackson away and gives him one of her ultimate death stare. Jackson walks away saying, "Did I scare you, honey? Didn't mean it. I'll see you tomorrow!" and gave her a wink while dragging Mark out of the classroom. Bora ignores Jackson and continues talking to Soyou.

"Are you going to do anything after school today?"

"Sorry Bora!! I have student council meeting today! We can hang out tomorrow tho. I promise!!", Soyou apologized.

Jungkook came in with Rap Mon, listening to their conversation

"It's okay, Bora! Let's go on a date then! How does karaoke sound?", Jungkook asked.

Bora replied cutely, "Awww JungKookie, you're so cute. Okay Kookie! Let's go!"

Jungkook gave Bora a kiss on the lip. 

Watching the lovely dovey couple, Soyou says, "Hey, hey, hey. How about you guys do this at the karaoke and I go to the student council meeting. Sounds good?" 

Jungkook gives a smi and holds Bora's hands as they walk out. Soyou gathers her stuff in a rush and walks towards the door, but drops her phone on the way out. Shownu, the VP of student council, picks up her phone and chases after her. 

"Kang Jihyun! You dropped your phone!", Shownu said while handing her phone to her.

"Thanks, Shownu!", Soyou replied, struggling to get the phone from her full hand. 

"Give me your stuff. We are going to the same place anyways. I'll help you carry them. It looks pretty heavy too."

Shownu lended his hand to help as Soyou smiled and accepted the offer. Shownu was always there for Soyou whenever she needed help. Soyou considers him as one of the most reliable person at their school. 

"Jihyun, how are things with Baekhyun? Were you guys able to remain as friends?", Shownu asked.

"Ah... about that.. I guess so. I mean.. I guess we are in kind of a love-hate relationship. We just joke around with each other often", Soyou replied in a quiet voice.

"Do you still like him? Do you regret breaking up with him?"

"Nah. It's been more than 3 months since we broke up. I think it was better for both of us to break up. I don't have any bad thoughts against him or anything. I still want to talk to him the way we used to talk before we dated"

By then, they had arrived to the student council meeting room. Everyone else in student coucil were there, waiting for the pres and the vice-pres to arrive. When Soyou took her seat, Shownu put her stuff beside her on the desk and headed out to buy some drinks for the student council members. Shownu was by himself, making his way to the vending machine. 

He whispers to himself, "Do I finally get a chance now?"