CHAPTER 5

Special Class

Brrrrrringgggg

The school bell rung and the students were dimissed. 

Bora swung her arm around Hyeri and asked her what she was doing after school. Hyeri replied that she didn't plan anything and was free the entire day. Bora excitingly invited Hyeri to go to the new cafe with her and Soyou. Watching Hyeri from far, Mark took out his phone and texted Hyeri.

Hyeri felt a vibration in her pocket from her phone. She took out her phone and noticed that she received a text message.

MARK: "Come see me now where we met before. I'll give you 5 minutes, so make sure to come before then." 

"Bora! So sorry! My mom just texted me and she said we are having Korean BBQ, so I have to buy some ingredients!~ I'll definitely go next time. Have fun!", said Hyeri, trying to make up the best excuse she could think of.

"Aww. Okay. See you tomorrow~", sadly replied Bora. 

Bora ran to Soyou, who was talking with other student council members. She waited for Soyou to finish talking with them and then asked her the same thing she asked Hyeri.

"Sorry Bora. I'm walking home with Baekhyun today. I would love to go with you, but I think I need to solve this problem before anything else.", replied Soyou.

"No, no, no. Don't worry about it! Soyou, hwaiting! I hope you guys make up!", cheered Bora.

"Wait a second. I know someone who would love to go to the cafe with you", exciting said Soyou.

Soyou went to Shownu and dragged him by the arm to Bora. 

"Son Hyunwoo! Can you go to the cafe that opened today with her today? I have a problem I need to quickly fix. Do you mind going for me?", asked Soyou.

"Sure. I'm not doing anything anyways and I wanted to check out that cafe. Let's go Bora", said Shownu.

Shownu headed outside together with Soyou and Bora. Soyou waved goodbye at Bora and Shownu, as she stopped in front of the school gate and waited for Baekhyun. 

 ________________________________________________________________

Hyeri rushed outside and panted. She looked around and found Mark looking at his watch. 

"39 seconds before 5 minute. Congrats. You made it before your given time", said Mark while clapping.

What do you need..?", Hyeri asked.

"I can't slove this math question. Help me out Miss. Lee. Don't you like helping people with their math? I mean, that's what we did during lunch, right?", smirked Mark.

"Urgh. Whatever. Just leave your notebook here and I'll leave it in your locker before school starts tomorrow. You can go", said Hyeri.

"I need it now", demanded Mark.

Annoyed, Hyeri tooked out her pencil and started to write numbers and formulas on Mark's notebook. She punched in numbers into the calculator and wrote the answer for Mark.

"HAPPY?", yelled Hyeri.

"Woah. Calm down. I'm sure you wouldn't want to get on my... bad side", explained Mark. "Thanks. You can go now"

Hyeri quicklyshoved her pencil case into her bag and got up to leave. 

"Wait. Wait", said Mark.

He ripped out a small piece from his notebook and wrote his address on it. 

"Pick me up at 8:30 sharp, tomorrow morning", said Mark.

Hyeri took the paper and left without looking back or saying a word. 

_________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile, Shownu and Bora arrived to the new cafe.

"Hyunwoo~ Do you want to tell me anything by any chance?~", asked Bora. 

"What do I need to tell you? Is something wrong?", asked Shownu back. 

"Maybe something that relates to what happened during lunch? I'm pretty sure I figured it out already~", winked Bora.

Shownu started to blush and hid his face with his sleeves. He asked, "Was it really obvious?"

"No, I'm pretty sure other people haven't figured anything out yet. Since when did you start to like Soyou?", curiously asked Bora.

"It hasn't been too long. Ever since she told me she broke up with Baekhyun. I felt like I wanted to give her support and help her out", shyly replied Shownu.

"Aww Hyunwoo. Do you know Jihyun went to go talk to Baekhyun? That's why she couldn't come to the cafe with me", explained Bora.

"Well, please keep this between us for now. I think it's better if I wait a while", suggested Shownu.

"Don't worry, don't worry~ I will try to help you out the best I can! But.. Is it okay if I tell Jungkook? I'm sure he will help you out better than I can", asked Bora.

Shownu quietly replied, "Sure.. I guess so".

"Hey, hey, hey. Isn't that the famous athlete at our school?", a girl whispered.

"Yeah! The guy in the special class!! What's his name again?", another girl whispered back.

"Jungkook! Whose that beside him though?", exclaimed another girl.

"Nam Joon! He's more known by the name Rap Monster. Apparently he turned down all the girls that confessed to him! He kinda has a scary aura, but it's attractive", whispered the first girl.

Hearing the familiar names, Jungkook and Rap Mon, Bora and Shownu spotted them coming in to the cafe, looking for a seat.

"Ya! Jungkook! Nam Joon!", yelled Bora.

"Oh! Bora, babe, what are you doing here? Shownu too?", said Jungkook while sitting down beside Bora.

"Hi Bora. Hi Shownu", said Rap Mon.

"Bora wanted to come to this cafe and Hyeri and Jihyun already had plans, so they couldn't come with her. I also wanted to check this place out so I came with Bora. Hope you don't misunderstand in any way", explained Shownu to Jungkook.

"Haha, don't worry! I trust my Bora more than anyone!", replied Jungkook, giving Bora a kiss on her cheek. 

"Please guys. Get a room. I'm going to the washroom", said Rap Mon, as he stood up and headed to the washroom.

"Kookie. Guess What!", excitingly said Bora.

"Hmm? What's up?", asked Jungkook in curiosity.

"Hyunwoo. He likes someone!", replied Bora.

"Really? Man, good luck!", said Jungkook while slapping Shownu hard on the shoulder.

Shownu rubbed his shoulder and gave his cute smile as he mouthed the word "thanks".

"Who is it?", asked Jungkook.

"Jihyun! Isn't that so cute? You and I need to do our best to get them together! Hwaiting!", said Bora in excitement.

Shownu blushed and raised his arm to order.

_________________________________________________________________

"Hey Jihyun-ah! Sorry. It took so long!", panted Baekhyun.

"It's okay", said Soyou.

"Give me your bag. I'll hold it for you", offered Baekhyun.

"Thanks! But you already look so tired", worried Soyou.

Baekhyun smiled and said, "Don't worry. Give it to me".

Baekhyun took her bag and started to walk with Soyou. The first 5 minutes of the walk was silent and awkward. They did not say a word and did not even look at each other. 

Soyou took the courage and said, "So... um. What did you want to talk about with me?"

"I wanted to apologize. But also wanted to tell you that I really liked you when we were dating", said Baekhyun.

"And so did I", said Soyou.

"But once again. I'm going to apologize for what I did wrong", said Baekhyun while looking at Soyou.

Soyou stayed quiet and looked at the ground.

"I'm sorry. It's true that I thought about Hyeri once in a while when we were dating. But... Hyeri and I are just meant to be friends. And I didn't learn that fast enough. I'm sorry", apologized Baekhyun.

Soyou looked up at Baekhyun and smiled.

"Thank you for apologizing. You and I can always be friends too whenever you want to. I'm always ready to talk to you like we did before we dated. I think we talked better with each other before we did", suggested Soyou.

"I think so too. Thanks for understanding. And of course I would be honored to stay as friends with you. I mean... after what I have done to you... thinking of another girl while we dated... That's horrible", Baekhyun replied, shaking his head, disappointed in himself.

Soyou took out her hand from her pocket and offered Baekhyun to shake hands with her. Baekhyun gadly took her hand and smiled. They had arrived in front of Soyou's house. Baekhyun handed Soyou's bag back to her. 

"Can I hug you for one last time?", asked Baekhyun.

Soyou gave Baekhyun a hug and he hugged her back. Baekhyun petted her head and pointed Soyou to go inside.

"Bye~ See you tomorrow", waved Soyou.

"Bye!", said Baekhyun.