Part 2

New Moon

 

 

 

~X~

 

 

Over the next couple of days Jongdae gets to know that pack. He’s immediately charmed by both Sehun and Zitao. They both may be bigger and stronger then himself but there’s still this childlike innocence that still surrounds them which can be seen in the way they go play around and how they look at the world. Jongdae wishes he could be like them and he hopes that they will never lose the innocence he never got the chance to experience.

 

When he finally meets Minseok and Luhan – the hyung line as the others refer to them as – the elders had immediately adopted him and the couple have been heard on multiple occasions calling him their ‘pup’. The first time they call him this Jongdae burst into tears and it takes them both over an hour to calm him down from his outburst. That night he falls asleep in the arms of his new parents, a content smile resting on his lips. The two older wolves gaze loving down at the Omega in their embrace, promising to shower the deprived boy in all of the love and affection he so rightly deserves.

 

Jongdae also finds himself becoming closer to all of the members of his new pack, the walls he had try to build inside himself coming down as they root themselves into him. He finds it impossible not to like them. They’ve been so good to him he just doesn’t have the heart to act cold towards them. He’s still wearly around the Alphas but that’s due to his subconscious mostly. He knows they’re good people and that they wouldn’t do anything to hurt him but his body’s been conditioned to react negatively towards them. It takes his body less time to relax around them but he’s still working on it.

 

Though, there is one person that he wants to get to know better but he never seems to be around and when he is around all that there is between them are short and awkward conversations but Jongdae felt that the Alpha – Jongin – was avoiding him and the made him feel… upset? He didn’t quite know.

 

However the others never let him wallow. Yixing had taken him under his wing when he had shown interest in the medical field and started teaching him the basics. He seemed to be a natural as Yixing would always praise him for picking things up so quickly.

 

“Wow Jongdae-ah. You really are a fast learner! You’re going to be a full fledged healer in no time.” he would say and Jongdae would shyly look to the floor, red dusting his checks.

 

It made him feel warm inside. He was actually being praised for something instead of being punished for doing something ‘wrong’, sometimes for something as little as opening his mouth and talking.

 

He would also often find himself in the kitchen helping Kyungsoo cook. He felt honoured to be allowed in there. From what he had been told the kitchen was Kyungsoo’s domain and he rarely let anyone intrude into it. He enjoyed it. It was like he was giving something back to the pack that had brought him in and called him family before they had even properly known him. He finally felt a part of something.

 

After around two weeks of being in his new pack a pack meeting had been called. Jongdae was worried that something was wrong but Baekhyun had reassured him that these meetings are a regular occurrence.

 

“Jongin likes to organise these things to make sure that everything’s running smoothly. It’s also an opportunity for anyone to bring up any issues that have popped up or just something they want to discuss with the pack.” Baekhyun had said. This was a foreign concept for Jongdae.

 

In his old pack meetings were held but only Alphas were permitted to attend and even then they had to be a part of the inner circle. Things were so much more equal here than they were there. Omegas had just as many rights as the Alphas.

 

Everyone gathered into the lounge room. Jongin was the last to arrive, sitting in a single chair at the side of the room. They were all arranged in something that resembled a circle, Jongdae sitting on the floor, body wedged between Minseok’s legs and back leant against the couch.

 

“Is there anything that anyone wants to discuss?” Jongin asks and Kyungsoo raises his hand.

 

“It’s not really something that need to be discussed, more like inventory.” Kyungsoo says and Jongin nods his head, urging Kyungsoo to continue. “We need to stock up on some more food. Meat is fine but were running low on vegetables and packet food.” He says. “And I would also like to perhaps buy equipment so I can start my own vegetable garden. It’ll save us a lot of time, seeing as we have to constantly go back and forth between here and into town.”

 

“That’s a really good idea actually.” Chanyeol says and the others nod in agreeance.

 

“Fresh produce is going to taste so much better than the stuff we’ve been eating.” Luhan says.

 

Yixing is next to raise his hand. “I need some more medical supplies, especially with Minseok being close to his due date. I want to be prepared well in advance.” He says and the ‘in case anything happens’ remains unsaid.

 

“Oh that reminds me.” Minseok says. “I need some more baby supplies.”

 

“That’s all fine.” Jongin says. “Just write down a list of all of the things that you need and whoever’s turn it is to go into town will go and get everything.”

 

Suddenly Sehun and Zitao’s hands shoot up and Jongdae can see Jongin sighing in exasperation. “Yes maknaes. Is there something you need?”

 

“Can we get some hair dye?” Zitao asks and he can hear Yifan groan from across the room.

 

“No.” Jongin says flatly, not even giving it any thought. They both pout.

 

“The last time you got hair dye Sehun was walking around looking like someone had vomited up rainbows onto his hair. I could feel myself getting a headache every time I looked at you from visual overload.” Junmyeon mutters and Zitao glares at him half-heartedly. He liked Sehun’s rainbow hair.

 

“Okay then if that’s everything then I’m going to discuss the real reason why I called this meeting.” At this everyone goes quiet, Zitao even stopping his glaring. “The full moons in three days. This is basically just our usual routine before the full moon. Remember to say in our territory and don’t wander too far away from the river and under no circumstances are any of you to be left by yourself.” Jongin says this seriously. They may be a strong group but they all know the dangers of being left alone.

 

When Jongin is saying this Jongdae looks down nervously. This is what he was worried about. He has no idea how the others will react to the information that is likely to be revealed any moment now. Unlike what humans believe, the full moon doesn’t force them to shift. What is does do however is make them angsty and urge their wolves to come to the surface to run, play, let go of themselves and completely immerse themselves in their wolves.

 

Jongdae is brought out of his thoughts by Jongin’s voice. “Do you want to come out with us?” he asks and Jongdae swallows the lump that had built up in his throat. ‘What will they think of him?’.

 

“I um- I can’t… shift?” he says in a way that makes the statement sound like a question.

 

He risks a glance up and sees them looking everyone looking at him, some of them with eyes wide is slight disbelief.

 

“You can’t shift?” Yixing asks and Jongdae is relieved when his tone isn’t accusatory.

 

“I don’t know how to shift. I was never taught to and even if I was I wouldn’t have been allowed to.” He says.

 

At that he can hear someone them begin to growl and Jongdae tenses bust a comforting hand started to card through his hair. It’s Minseok, his maternal instincts kicking in when he feel the distress coming from his pup. Luhan glares at the offenders. How dare they cause his pup any distress with their growling when they no he is still easily startled and over sensitive to their pheromones and actions.

 

“I can teach you.” Jongin suddenly says and the offer cuts through the room and drifts straight to Jongdae’s ears. “I mean, that’s if you want me to.” He says when Jongdae looks at him.

 

Jongdae bites his lip but he can’t help the hopeful smiles that tugs at his lips and pulls them upwards. “Yes please.” He says quietly.

 

Jongin flashes Jongdae a smile that is both satisfied and comforting. “I can start to teach you after the full moon. There’s no way you’ll get it down in three days. It takes a lot of time, especially the longer it’s left. You can stay with Minseok and keep him company during this one.” He says and Jongdae nods.

 

He feels a nudge and looks up to see that it’s Minseok. “We can have some fun while these guys are prancing around in the woods.” He smiles.

 

“Hey!” Exclaims Yifan. “I do not prance.” He says indignantly.

 

Baekhyun, who is sitting next to Yifan smirks. “Sure you don’t.”

 

The rest of the meeting is a mess from then on. Insults are thrown back and forth and the banter runs wild. Even though he doesn’t participate in the banter Jongdae really enjoys the atmosphere. He finds himself smiling wide, all the while not noticing the pair of eyes trained on him intently.

 

 

~X~

 

 

The full moon comes and Jongdae finds himself on the porch with Minseok watching as everyone shifts into their wolf forms. This is the first time Jongdae is seeing them all together in their wolf forms and come to think of it there are those he hadn’t seen until this very moment.

 

They’re all beautiful, varying in both size and fur colour. Looking at them Jongdae wonders what his own wolf form looks like. Will his fur be blond like Yifan and Sehun’s, will it be grey like Yixing’s, will it be a mixture or reds and browns like Chanyeol or will it be chestnut like Baekhyun’s. There’s so many possibilities and he just can’t wait to find out for himself.

 

With an unspoken cue they dart of into the woods, making sure to keep in groups of two or three. Jongin is the last to depart, he watches his pack enter the woods before doing so himself, though not before he sends Jongdae a look which makes him want to shiver. Before Jongdae can fully process what had just happened Jongin has disappeared into the woods and Minseok is pulling him back inside of the house.

 

Once they’re inside they can hear a howl and not to long after that others join in on the first one until it’s a symphony of wolves answering each others calls. Jongdae’s never heard a sound as good as this before. They sound so harmonious, like they all belong together. He can fell tears beginning to well up in his eyes but he manages to quell it down, not wanting Minseok to see him acting weak but it seems he wasn’t quick enough for Minseok places a comforting arm around his waist and rubs soothing circles on his hip without saying a word and Jongdae is grateful for that.

 

The night he spends with Minseok is relaxing. Minseok tells him stories, stories of how he and Luhan had gotten together, of how this pack came about and just little things here and there. He tell him about their packs allies (mentioning that Jongin’s brother is a member of one of their allied packs) and the conflicts they have fought. He tells him little things of everything and anything. While he does so, the calls of their pack mates can be heard. They sound so happy and jubilant, so free and Jongdae longs to be out there with him, joining them in their song and play. He wants that more than anything. The way he sees it now, he may be a wolf but at the same time he’s not.

 

Morning comes with the rising of the sun. The sky erupts into brilliant colours of pink, orange and yellow yet Minseok and Jongdae aren’t awake to see it. Everyone starts to fill in one by one, the effects of the full moon no longer apparent. They are greeted by Jongdae and Minseok snuggled up on the lounge together and they coo at the sight. Luhan walks over and gently pries Minseok from Jongdae’s grip making sure not to wake either of the sleeping wolves. Chanyeol goes to do the same with Jongdae but is interrupted by Jongin.

 

“You go and takes Kyungsoo to bed. I’ll get Jongdae.” He says. Chanyeol nods, too tired to protest but the smile that makes its way onto his face says al it needs to. Jongin pretends he doesn’t see it, proceeding to lift Jongdae up into his arms.

 

The Omega shuffles for a second before settling to nuzzle his nose into Jongin’s chest. The Alpha smiles at action. He makes sure that Jongdae is securely in his arms before he walks in the direction of Jongdae’s room. When he get there he places Jongdae on the bed, the Omega not making a single move as he pulls the covers over Jongdae’s body. He stares at the Omega, eyes taking in every inch of him. His face is lax and peaceful in sleep and the only thing that comes to Jongin’s mind is ‘beautiful’.

 

He takes his hand and moves Jongdae’s bangs out of his eyes, the Omegas lip twitching by just the slightest fraction. He hesitates before placing a chaste kiss on his forehead, lingering for a short while and then pulling away. With one last look he walks out of the room. In his dreams Jongdae is sure that he can feel the pressure of something warm and soft on his forehead.

 

The days go by and Jongdae finds himself spending more and more time with Jongin, from small conversations to walks in the woods under the pretence of showing Jongdae all of the sights within their – now also his – territory.

 

“How do you feel about starting to train to shift?” Jongin asks Jongdae out of the blue while they’re sitting on the porch looking out to the lake.

 

“You mean now?” Jongdae says, vaguely startled.

 

“Yeah, I mean if you want to.”

 

“Y-yeah, sure.” Jongdae answers nervously as he swallows the lump in his throat.

 

“Okay then.” Jongin smiles then stands up. “Come with me. We’re going to need a peaceful and quiet place for you to focus.” He says, holding out his hand to help Jongdae to his feet. Jongdae takes it with sweaty palms. If Jongin notices it, which he probably does, he doesn’t say anything, instead leading him down the path that heads down to the lake.

 

Jongdae is slightly flustered as his hand is still held in Jongin’s. He unclasps his hand which causes his hand to drop out of Jongin’s. He swears he can see a slight look of disappointment flash across the Alpha’s face but it’s gone just as quick as it came, leaving Jongdae wondering if he had even seen it in the first place.

 

The rest of their short walk is spent in slightly strained silence. When they get close to the back of the lake but still on the grass Jongin gestures for Jongdae to sit down.

 

“Find a comfortable spot on the ground.” He says to Jongdae who does as what he had told him. He seats himself cross legged on the soft grass and wiggling around a little to get comfortable.

 

“Now need to ask you a few things before we start.” He says and then pauses waiting for Jongdae’s nod of confirmation. “Have you ever felt your wolf before?”

 

“O-only when I’m in heat.” Jongdae answers and it’s true. During his heats he can feel his wolf coming to the surface as his body succumbs to its instincts.

 

“Okay, that’s good. It’s going to make this a lot easier then.” He says and Jongdae looks at him in confusion not knowing why it would make the process easier.

 

“Why would that make it easier?” Jongdae asks.

 

“It means that you have a connection with your wolf albeit a weak one.” Jongin explains. “Seeing as you already have contact with you wolf I don’t need to teach you how to forge a connection, I simply have to get you to strengthen the one you already have so you can bring it to the surface on your own at any time rather than it just emerging during your heats.”

 

Jongdae opens his mouth in understanding. Now that Jongin had explained it to him is does make a whole lot of sense.

 

“I need you to close your eyes.” Jongin says, Jongdae doing just that. He knows this is the beginning of his training. “Try and rid your mind of everything expect my voice.”

 

He tries to but it’s much harder than what he had thought it would be. He makes a frustrated noise in the back of his throat when he fails to do so.

 

“It’s okay. Take your time, it doesn’t happen immediately.” He comforts the frustrated Omega.

 

Jongdae takes a deep breath and attempts to settle his racing thoughts again. He’s so focused he doesn’t even notice when everything begins to filter out but Jongin can. Jongdae’s body is completely relaxed and his chest rises and falls in steady and even motions.

 

“Now, I want you to reach within yourself, into the back of your mind and try and draw out your wolf.” He says, words ghosting over Jongdae in soothing waves.

 

Jongdae does. With his mind cleared it feels like he’s walking in complete darkness, there’s absolutely nothing floating around in there. He doesn’t know for how long he searches for but he starts to feel a tingling feeling. It starts at his toes and makes its way up his body. That tingling feeling then disappears and turns into warmth that begins in his chest. He doesn’t realises it but he’s holding his breath in anticipation of the unknown.

 

All of a sudden something flashes in his vision, causing him to gasp in surprise. He snaps his eyes open in surprise, in a load of air to quench his deprived lungs. His sight comes back to him quickly and the first thing he sees is the lake out in front of his. Black dots dance on his eyes and he closes them hard to rid himself of them. When he opens his eyes again he is greeted with a different sight. This time it’s Jongin who is kneeling in front of him.

 

Jongdae flinched back a little in surprise at the other being so close so him but recovers quickly when he sees Jongin looking at him curiously.

 

“Did you connect with your wolf.” He asks Jongdae.

 

“Yeah, I think so.”

 

“How did it feel?”

 

Jongdae thinks about it. It’s hard trying to decipher everything when he had only had a few moments to experience it.

 

“It felt… restless, impatient.” He says when he had sorted his thoughts. “But there wasn’t anything malicious behind it. It was more… I don’t know.”

 

“That’s good. It’s normal, especially for those in the same circumstance as you.” Jongin tells him. “Since your wolf has been subdued it’s eager to get out, it wants to break free. As long as it doesn’t feel aggressive than everything is fine.” He smiles at Jongdae who mirrors the action. “It may take a while but if you keep doing this you’ll be able to call your wolf forward in no time.”

 

Jongdae smiles, feeling somewhat proud of himself. The praise that Jongin had been giving him making him feel like he’s accomplished something, even though that something was little and probably insignificant to most others.

 

“Come on, let’s head inside. It’s starting to get dark.” Jongin says and it’s only when he says it does Jongdae realise the darkening of the sky. It makes his eyes widen. They must have been out here for hours. It was midday when they had first started.

 

When they make it inside Yixing is waiting for them.

 

“How’d it go?” he asks.

 

“He did good. It shouldn’t be too much longer until he’s running around with the rest of us.” Jongin praises and the healer smiles.

 

“That’s great! Though I bet your feeling tired.”

 

“I am actually.” Jongdae answers. He hadn’t noticed it but he does feel pretty exhausted.

 

“Why don’t you go and take a nap. Dinner’s not going to be ready for another couple of hours.” Yixing suggests.

 

“I think I’m going to have to take you up on that.” Jongdae says, trying to stifle a yawn that had bubbled up.

 

“Go on then.” Jongin say, clasping a hand in Jongdae’s shoulder. He tries to ignore the feeling the shoots through him when Jongin touches him but he doesn’t know how successful he’s being.

 

From the side Yixing watches them, something akin to amusement shinning in his eyes at their interaction. Flushed, Jongdae stalks off into the lounge room. There, he finds Baekhyun seated in the couch with Chanyeol and Kyungsoo snuggled up on one of the single chairs.

 

When Baekhyun sees him he waves Jongdae over and pats the seat next to him. Jongdae accepts the offer and sits down next to the older Omega.

 

“We saw you and Jongin down by the river training.” Baekhyun pipes up. “How was it?”

 

“Good. Exhausting though.” He whines and Baekhyun laughs lightly at him.

 

“Rest then.” He says, pushing Jongdae’s head to rest on his lap. Jongdae manoeuvres himself into a comfortable position. When he stops moving Baekhyun starts to card his fingers though his hair. It’s soothing and he soon finds himself drifting off to sleep. The three occupants of the room watch on in fondness at the small Omega in front of them.

 

“He’s come a long way hasn’t he.” Kyungsoo says quietly, not wanting to wake up the now sleeping Jongdae.

 

“He has.” Chanyeol agrees. The first week of Jongdae being here was difficult for all of them. Jongdae was still weary of their intentions and would find himself flinching away from them when they got to close. He warmed up to the other Omegas first, calmed by their presence. It didn’t take long for him to do the same with the Alphas when he realised none of them would intentionally hurt him.

 

One aspect they still needed to work on was his self-esteem issues. Over the time they had known him they found out the Jongdae was undyingly kind, looking after or helping those who needed it without as much as a word. However when it came to himself it was a different story. He though very little of himself and they all put it down to the way he was treated by his ‘home’ pack.

 

The worst of it came about when it was about his appearance. He didn’t feel like he was beautiful enough. Omegas were supposed to be beautiful but when he looked he couldn’t see that in himself. They’ve all been working on it with him but they could tell it was going to take more time to convince him of his worth. They had finally gotten him to look at himself in the mirror willingly which was a big step, the Omega not wanting to gaze at the so called cursed eyes that stared back at him.

 

The others thought his eyes were beautiful. They were entranced by the unique colouring of them, having never seen anything like it before. It would still be a while before Jongdae accepted them for what they are when they had brought him so much pain previously.

 

Baekhyun continued to his fingers though Jongdae hair long after the Omega had fallen asleep. They all felt protective over him, wanting to keep him safe and out of harms way and they would stop at nothing to keep it that way.

 

 

~X~

 


And Part 2 is up! :) Hopefully there's no major mistakes in this one. Someone had pointed one out in the first part which I corrected later so if you see anything like that please let me know and I'll go and correct it. I try to make sure that there's none but you know how it is, you can read something hundreds of times but somethings just get overlooked and missed. I hope you like this chapter anyway. Part 3 won't be out until either late Tuesday or Wednesday. I have a few things to do regarding Uni and stuff until then.

 

See you then!!

 

Question- does anyone actually know when ChenBaekXi are going to debut. I thought it was the 20th but no teasers or anything have been released so from that I'm guessing it's going to be later this month then.