Part 4

New Moon

 

 

 

~X~

 

 

“We need to make a trip to town.” Kyungsoo announces a couple of days later. “We’re running out of supplies.”

 

“Do we need to go today?” He asks the Omega.

 

“We probably should. I don’t want then getting so low we run out of the stuff we need.” He tells Jongin.

 

“Alright then.” Jongin says. “I’ll pull up a bunch of us to go along.”

 

Ten minutes later Jongin had Kyungsoo, Yifan, Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Luhan have gathered down stairs ready to go into town.

 

“We should only be a couple of hours.” Jongin says to everyone who’s staying behind.

 

“We should be fine.” Minseok says. “We’ll call you if anything happens.” He assures.

 

“See you later then.” Jongin says. They all say their goodbyes before leaving, Junmyeon, Yixing, Sehun, Zitao, Minseok and Jongdae being the ones that had opted to stay.

 

“Who wants to watch a movie?” Junmyeon asks after a while. They all nod their heads. It’s not like there’s anything else to do.

 

They end up settling for a cheepy romance movie that Jongdae didn’t happen to catch the name of. He’s not too interested in it but by the way Zitao had insisted earlier he could tell that it was one of the Omegas favourites. Yixing also seems to like it, his eyes are glued to the screen as soon as it starts and not even some prodding from Junmyeon can turn him away.

 

Sehun has Zitao seated between his legs on the floor while Jumnyeon has Yixing practically seated in his lap if it wasn’t for the fact that Yixing’s behind was still parked on the lounge. Minseok and Jongdae are seated next to each other at the end of the lounge. Minseok has his hand resting on his very prominent baby bump and is rubbing soothing circles onto it.

 

Jongdae thinks it’s a bit strange but he can’t quite figure out why.

 

Jongdae despite his earlier sentiments, finds himself actually enjoying the movie. He quickly found himself getting immersed into it completely, the only thing disrupting his focus was the occasional rearrangement of Minseok trying to find a comfortable position.

 

A sudden jerk directs his attention away from the movie and to Minseok instead. The older Omega has a grimace of discomfort on his face.

 

“Everything okay?” Jongdae asks him, slightly concerned.

 

“Yeah, I’m fine.” Minseok repsonds, his face evening out again.

 

“Are you sure?” Jongdae asks again.

 

“Yeah I’m-“ He starts to say only for his words to be cut off with a gasp. The gasp is loud enough to draw the attention of the others.

 

“What’s going on?” Sehun asks but no one answers him. Yixing gets up from the lounge and goes over to Minseok. Without a word he places both of his hands on Minseok’s stomach and then follows them with his ear.

 

Everyone watches him with bated breaths. Silence permeates the room and no one dares to break it, not wanting to interrupt Yixing. Yixing feels Minseok’s belly tighten and the Omega lets out a groan in response and everyone can hear the pain laced in it.

 

“Minseok, you’re going into labour.” Yixing tells him and his eyes widen.

 

“No. No I can’t be. I-I can’t.” he panics. “Luhan’s not here. I can’t be.”

 

“You can and you are.” Yixing says calmly. “I need you to take a deep breath.” He says. He needs Minseok to calm down before he hyperventilates or causes the pups to get distressed. “Come on do it with me. In and out, in and out.”

 

Minseok does as he’s told, trusting what the healer is telling him to it. It takes about a minute but Minseok’s breathing evens out until he is breathing somewhat normally again. The others just watch on, not knowing what to do with themselves. None of them had ever dealt with something like this before. Minseok is the first pregnant Omega in their pack and Yixing is the only one with any experience in the field.

 

“You’re going to give birth today Minseok, there’s no going about it. These little guys are ready to come into the world, even if you’re not.” Minseok nods his head but doesn’t say anything. He grits his teeth when his stomach muscles tighten again but now he knows that they’re contractions.

 

“Hyung, what do we do?” Zitao asks. He has a scared look on his face and Jongdae feels sorry for him.

 

“I need you and Sehun to call Luhan and let him know what’s happening. It’s in everyones best interest if he gets back as quick as possible.” The maknaes nod and go off to the phone to call Luhan.

 

“Junmyeon I need you to go and get some towels and fill up two bowls of water, one with cold water and the other with warm water and bring them up to Minseok and Luhan’s room.” The Omegas mate does as he’s told, leaving only Minseok, Yixing and Jongdae in the lounge room.

 

“I’m going to need you to help me support Minseok to his room.” Yixing say to Jongdae who swallows hard but nods his head. He’s slightly scared as well.

 

They both pull Minseok to his feet who groans at the effort. They each take one of Minseok’s arms and place it around their shoulders to make it easier to keep him upright and supported. When they get there Yixing orders Jongdae to take the blanket in the bed and lay it on the floor. Jongdae doesn’t question it and quickly places it on the floor.

 

Yixing helps Minseok settle on the blanket on his side. When the healer had let go on him he goes over and grabs one of the pillows off the bed. He sniffs it before coming back over and placing it under Minseok’s head. The Omega snuggles into in and lets out a content sigh.

 

Yixing sees the question in Jongdae eyes. “It has Luhan’s scent all over it.” He says and Jongdae ‘ahhs’ in understanding.

 

There’s a knock at the door and there Junmyeon stands, a bowel of water in each hand and some towels thrown over his shoulder. Yixing waves him over and shows his mate where to place everything.

 

“Sehun and Zitao tried to call Luhan but he’s not answering. He might not have reception. I told them to keep trying until they get through.”

 

Yixing nods but his lips are drawn in a thin line. “Okay. I need you to stay out there with Sehun and Zitao, make sure they’re alright. We can handle everything in here.” Junmyeon nods and heads back out of the room, closing the door on his way out.

 

Minseok whines and Yixing shushes him. “It’s okay Minnie. Everything’s fine.” He whispers. He looks at Jongdae. “Grab a towel and dip in the cold water them place it on his forehead.” He instructs.

 

When Jongdae gets closer to Minseok’s face he sees that sweat has begun to bead on his forehead. So that why Yixing wanted everything. He dabs Minseok’s forehead with the cloth before laying it straight on.

 

“Why did you want to bring Minseok here?” Jongdae asks the healer who looks up from where he was running his fingers through the Omegas hair.

 

“It feels safer for him. This room is covered in his and Luhan’s scents so it’s comforting for him. Downstairs he would have felt threatened, even though he knows all of us.” Yixing explains. “An Omegas scent doesn’t bother him, it’s an Alphas scent that would set him off. He would feel threatened by any other Alphas scent apart from his mate. You know that with real wolves if an Alpha stumbles upon and Omega with infant pups that aren’t his own he will kill them.” He says. It’s slightly gruesome but it’s the cold hard truth. “It doesn’t usually happen with our kind but it’s still a fear that has somehow managed to carry over.”

 

“How do you know so much about this?” Jongdae asks. Yixing is so knowledgeable regarding the medical field that it makes him wonder.

 

“My parents were healers. The rest I learnt on my own.” He tells Jongdae.

 

Minseok, who had dozed off for a short while wakes up with a groan of pain, his hands coming around to clutch at his stomach.

 

“How’s the pain?” Yixing asks Minseok as he brushes his hair out of his face.

 

“It’s more than it was before.” Minseok bites his lip to stop himself from crying out.

 

“And they’re getting closer together.” Yixing observes. “You’re going to have to shift soon.”

 

Minseok whimpers at that. “Luhan’s not here.”

 

“I know, I know.” Yixing sighs, trying his best to keep Minseok from getting to upset. “We’re doing everything we can.”

 

“I can’t do it without him here.” MInseok cries. All he wants is for his mate to be there with him. He deserve to watch as his children are born. It’s a special part in their lives that can only be witnessed once and he didn’t want him to miss out.

 

“Yes you can. You can do this Minseok. You’re so strong.” Jongdae encourages the older Omega, though he hopes with all of his heart that he doesn’t have to.

 

There’s a knock on the door and Yixing and Jongdae make eye contact with each other. Jongdae gets up and goes to it, wedging it open just enough for him to poke his head out. It’s Junmyeon that greets him on the other side.

 

“I have some good news for you.” He smiles. “Sehun and Zitao managed to get a hold of Luhan and he’s on his way.”

 

“That’s terrific! Thankyou Junmyeon.”

 

Junmyeon nods at his still smiling and Jongdae closes the door.

 

“Did you hear that Minseok. Luhan’s on his way.” Jongdae tells him and he smiles. His eyes are half lidded and he already looks tired but at the good news that Luhan was on his way just brightened him up.

 

Yixing smiles at Minseok but the smile doesn’t completely reach his eyes. He looks up at Jongdae, his lips pressed in a straight line and brows furrowed. Jongdae frowns at the expression but Yixing just shakes his head and taps the top of his wrist. Jongdae looks at the healer confused and he does the gesture again.

 

‘Time?’ he thinks and then it clicks.

 

He doesn’t know if Luhan will make it in time. Jongdae bites his lip. God, he hopes Luhan will make it. For Minseok’s sake.

 

A half an hour passes before the pain starts really affecting Minseok. His contractions are coming faster with increased intensity and longer recovery time in between.

 

“Ahh!” Minseok cries as he tried to curl in on himself when a particularly hard contraction washed over him.

 

“Minseok, it’s time. You need to shift now.” Yixing says to Minseok who whimpers. “Please don’t argue. If you don’t shift now you’re going to put both yourself and your pups in danger.”

 

Minseok closes his eyes in resignation and gives a quick jerk of his head. The last thing he wanted to do was put his children in harms way.

 

“Help me pull his clothes off.” Yixing says to Jongdae and they both get to work to remove them as quickly as possible.

 

Minseok wastes no time in shifting, the process taking more time than usual as the elder hadn’t shifted since he had found out he was pregnant. For the first time Jongdae gets to see Minseok’s wolf form and he thinks the other is just stunning. His fur is russet in colour, however there are definite shades of oranges and reds that run through it as well. He can’t wait to see it in the light. It must glow like nothing he’s ever seen before.

 

Jongdae is brought out of his admiring when something nudges into his thigh. When he looks down he sees Minseok looking right back at him and Jongdae smiles. He lifts up the now shifted Minseok’s head and places it in his lap and scratches behind his ears. Minseok his hand and he chuckles lightly at the action. Even in this state Minseok is still being affectionate with him.

 

They can all tell when the next contraction hits him. His entire body goes ridged and he whines, this time sounding more animal than before making it sound that much more piercing.

 

“I know. It hurts, I know.” Yixing says as he runs a hand up and down his spine, trying to sooth him as much as he can.

 

Minseok breaks off into something that is like a cross between a howl and a whine and they both know that it’s Minseok trying to call out to Luhan.

 

All of a sudden they here a bang that comes from downstairs, then there are loud footsteps that come hurrying up the stairs, the door flinging open only moment after that. What greets them is a very sweaty and very ruffled Luhan. Minseok whines and if he wasn’t shifted Jongdae thought that he would probably be crying.

 

“I’m here, I’m here. It’s okay, I’m here, I’m here, I’m here.” He chants, rushing over to his mate and dropping beside him.

 

“You sure know how to cut it close.” Yixing jokes. He can relax a little now. Now that Luhan’s here Minseok will be in a much better condition, emotionally wise anyway.

 

“You know me.” Luhan jokes back. The mood in the room has definitely lifted. “Thankyou Jongdae, for keeping him company while I wasn’t here.” Luhan now turns to Jongdae you blushes.

 

“You don’t need to thank me. I didn’t really do anything.” He says.

 

Yixing and Luhan shake their heads that the same time. “You did more than you even know.” Yixing says to him and that only makes Jongdae face redden more but he can’t help the warm feeling that had started to grow inside of him.

 

Jongdae can see Luhan’s lips twitching as he tries to hold in his joyful smile. His children are about to be born and he’ll be able to hold them in his arms after what has seemed like a life time. Minseok begins to whine more often and he moves around as if he’s uncomfortable but they all know, even Jongdae, what this means. Minseok’s getting ready to give birth.

 

Another painful contraction hits him and he yelps and begins to bare down. He lets out a drawn out whimper but when that stops the cry of their first pup greets their ears. They can see as tears begin to form in the corner of Luhan’s eyes yet they don’t fall. Yixing picks the newborn pup up carefully, making sure that Minseok and Luhan can see his every move and sets the pup down in front of Minseok who begins to the pup to clean it.

 

When Minseok had finished cleaning the pup he looks up at Luhan and nods his head. Taking that as his cue Luhan scoops up the pup and just stares at it like it’s the most amazing thing in the entire universe. His eyes take in the small pup that has the same colouring as its mother and this time he lets his tears fall.

 

“It’s so small.” He says in wonder. The pup sits snuggly in the palm of his hand. Luhan can’t believe that something that small had just come out of Minseok, especially considering the size that his stomach had been.

 

“That’s normal.” Yixing reassures. “Considering your first born is a little girl.”

 

“A girl.” He says. “Look Minseok, we have a little girl.”

 

Even though Minseok isn’t able to verbalise his words the look of fondness he’s sending them says everything that is needed. Suddenly Minseok grunts again and Luhan panics a little.

 

“Is another one coming already?”

 

“No, it’s just the afterbirth.” Yixing says and Luhan relaxes a bit.

 

Jongdae looks on in both curiosity and slight disgust as Minseok passes the after birth and then begins to eat it, Luhan sharing the same sentiments as him.

 

“It has nutritional value.” Yixing says to them amused at their reactions. Jongdae still makes a face at him.

 

Yixing reaches behind him and grabs a bottle and offers it to Luhan. “Do want to have a go at feeding her?” he asks and Luhan immediately says yes. He grabs the bottle and brings it to his pups mouth. The pup smells it and when she identifies as something she can eat she begins to le on it. One of the downsides or being a male Omega is that they are unable to produce their own milk. They have to organs that allow them to get pregnant and give birth but they haven’t been gifted with milk ducts that females have. It’s not like it mattered much to them though.

 

Luhan is interrupted from feeding his little girl when Minseok begins to push again. Their second in on its way.

 

“Pass her over to Jongdae.” Yixing tells Luhan and Jongdae is wide eyed when all of a sudden he finds the small pup in his arms and still drinking out of the bottle. He can’t believe it. He’s holding a little pup in his arms, one that had only been around for less than half an hour.

 

This isn’t his pup but he can feel the maternal instincts in him awaken due to the presence of the pup. Most may call it stereotyping but all Omegas have a natural maternal instincts, especially when it involved pups and young children. The urge to protect and keep them safe comes alive.

 

He’s too transfixed on the pup in his arms that he doesn’t even notice when the second one is born. This time it’s a boy. He’s much bigger than his sister but Jongdae would still say that he was small. Yixing does the same thing he had done with the first pup. He checks it before giving him to Minseok who cleans him up. The rest of the birthing process goes smoothly and by the end of it Jongdae has two pups who are sleeping soundly in his arms, already exhausted by their first conquests of their lives.

 

The third pup is also a girl, the fourth and last one a boy and Luhan and Minseok couldn’t be any happier than what they are in this moment.

 

“We’ll be able to tell what they are in a couple of months.” Yixing tells the happy couple but they couldn’t care less. It didn’t matter what they presented as. They were still there children and nothing would change that.

 

Luhan, wanting to be with his family decides to shift as it will be at least a couple of days before Minseok will be able to. Male Omegas bodies need more time to recover after a birth and with Minseok having quadruplets he would need all of the time he could get. The pregnancy and birth had put a massive strain on his body.

 

Yixing and Jongdae take one last looks at the small family before departing the room and leaving them to celebrate by themselves, at least for now. As soon as they get downstairs everyones attention is focus on them. They all want to know how it had gone.

 

Yixing has an expression of mock seriousness on his face which makes the other worry a little before it breaks and a smile full of joy replaces it.

 

“Everything went fine.” He says and everyone either sighs in relief or cheers. “They have two girls and two boys.” More cheers break out. Jongdae catches money being handed out and he raises a brow.

 

“They had a bet.” Is all Kyungsoo says but Jongdae understands. They all begin to talk amongst themselves excitedly about the new additions to their family. Baekhyun and Zitao seem the most excited as they talk about buying clothes for the pups once they had shifted (pretty dresses and cute onesies). Jongdae smiles at that.

 

Suddenly he feels his hand being taken and he’s being led outside by Jongin. He looks behind him at the others but it seems that no one had noticed.

 

“Um, Jongin?” Jongdae says confused as to why Jongdae had taken him out here.

 

“Are you okay?” he asks.

 

“Yeah, why wouldn’t I be?” he frowns. Why would Jongin think he’s not?

 

He points at Jongdae’s hands. “Because your hands are shaking.”

 

Jongdae looks down and low and behold, just like Jongin had said his hands are shaking. He brings his hands up closer to his face and the shaking persists. Why are his hands shaking?

 

“I think I might be coming down from an adrenaline high or something.” He guesses. “It was just amazing. Minseok is amazing. He was so strong. I can’t believe I was able to witness something like that.” He says and Jongin listens to everything he has to say. “I think I want Yixing to train me to become a healer. I want to know everything he knows. I want to help people.”

 

“I’m sure Yixing would love to.” Jongin says and something in his voice makes Jongdae look up.

 

What he sees nearly makes him stumble back in shock. Jongin is looking at him with an expression that is so caring and so full of love that he can physically feel it. Jongin’s pheromones reach his nose and he can feel his own respond to Jongin’s.

 

“You’re amazing you know that? After all of the bad things that people have done to you and all you want to do is help people.” Jongin’s brings his hand up and hesitates briefly before cupping the side of Jongdae’s face. The Omega can feel his eyes fluttering closed in reaction to the touch from the Alpha. The pressure of his palm against his face becomes more solid as he presses his face more into it. Jongin can see as a content smile immerge on the Omegas face.

 

“I love your eyes.” Jongin says and Jongdae’s eyes snap open. He tries to lower his head but Jongin is having none of that. “Don’t hide them from me. They’re beautiful, just like you.”  He says and Jongdae shakes his head.

 

“No they aren’t.” he disagrees.

 

“Yes they are.” Jongin insists.

 

“No, because of them I became an outcast in my own pack.”

 

“They’re just stupid. They have no idea how amazing you actually are. They’re unique and that’s exactly what you are. They’re a part of you.” Jongin says, moving his other hand so both are cupping Jongdae’s face. “It’s their loss that they couldn’t see that but you’re here with us. With a pack that will care for you and never treat you like that again. I’ll make sure of that, I promise.” Jongin promises. At Jongin’s words a single tear escapes his eye and travels down his cheek, Jongin wiping it away with his thumb just as quickly as it had appeared however it is soon followed by others.

 

“You don’t mean that.” Jongdae says, his voice wavering.

 

“I do. I mean every word. You’re perfect and we’re lucky to have you.”

 

Jongdae’s lip begins to tremble and his chest feels tight, almost as if it was being compressed by a weight.

 

“I’m lucky to have you.” Jongin adds moments later and his words cause Jongdae to finally crack. He begins to sob. A slightly startled Jongin wraps his arms around him and brings him closer. Jongdae fists his hands in the front of Jongin’s shirt while he cries into his chest, all the while Jongin is caressing the back of his neck and whispering words into Jongdae’s ear. Jongdae can’t make out what the Alpha is saying but they do their job in soothing him. He doesn’t know if his brain subconsciously picks up the words of if it’s just the sound of Jongin’s voice that calms him down.

 

When he finishes crying he is left to sniffle into Jongin’s shirt. He must look like a mess with his dried tear tracks and puffy eyes but Jongin is still looking at with those adoring eyes and it makes his heart skip a beat.

 

Jongin gently holds his chin with his fingers and just stares at his face. Jongdae stares right back at him though he feels his gaze drift from Jongin’s eyes down his nose and to his lips. Jongin must see this as some sort of sign as he moves closer and closer until their lips are mere millimetres from each other. Jongdae closes his eyes just as Jongin’s lips meet his own. His lips are warm and soft and it’s like nothing he’s ever experienced before. The kiss is chaste but at the same time it isn’t. To both of them it feels strangely intimate, at least more than a chaste kiss would normally feel like.

 

When they pull away from each other Jongdae still has his eyes closed. He can still feel the tingle from when their lips had met. He slowly opens his eyes and suddenly everything around him seems to fade away until the only thing he can see is Jongin. Wanting to feel it again, this time it’s Jongdae who moves his face closer and initiates the kiss.

 

This time it’s more passionate. Their lips move against each other and although it’s filled with inexperience neither of them could care and less. Jongdae tilts his head to the side giving Jongin a better angle and Jongin smiles into it. Jongdae hadn’t realised it but during the kiss he had moved to stand on the balls of his feet. Jongdae doesn’t know for how long they are connected for but it had seemed like little time had passed at all.

 

When Jongdae opens his eyes Jongin is looking at him with a loving smile What Jongin sees when he looks at Jongdae is red and thoroughly kisses lips and half lidded eyes. All in all the sight in front of his is just absolutely stunning.

 

“That was…” Jongdae breathes.

 

“It was.” Jongin says.

 

“Hey! Have you love birds finished.” Comes an annoying voice that can only belong to Baekhyun. “We’re all happy that you’ve finally stopped dancing around each other and cried your undying love to each other but we’re about to crack out the celebration good and we all want your asses in here to enjoy it with us.” He says.

 

Jongin looks at Baekhyun with a disapproving gaze for ruining their moment but there’s no way he could be mad. When Baekhyun had spoken up Jongdae had buried his head into Jongin’s shoulder in embarrassment but there’s a smile on his face.

 

Jongin sighs. “Gives us a minute.” He tells Baekhyun.

 

“Don’t be too long now.” Baekhyun says, making an ‘I’m watching you’ gesture as he walks back into the house.

 

“That boy…” Jongin mutters and Jongdae cracks a smile and gives a laugh.

 

“He sure knows how to ruin the moment.”

 

“That he does.” Jongin agrees. “But he is right. It’s probably about time we head back.”

 

“Yeah.”

 

They are silent for a moment before they start to make their way back inside to join in on the celebration. Not wanting to lose contact with each other they intertwine their hands. This is sure to make them the centre of attention and be on the receiving end of a magnitude of questions but they don’t care.

 

Baekhyun’s probably told everyone already anyway.

 

 

~X~

 

 


Part 4! Looks like Jongdae and Jongin having finally realised/admitted that they like each other :) And there are now some new additions to the family :D Can you have a guess on who the pups will be? One more chapter to go guys and then it's finished. I always get a bit sad when my stories start coming to an end. I've had such a terrible week D: Everything that could go wrong has. Hopefully the rest of the week doesn't follow this pattern. Anyway I hope you all enjoyed this!

 

See you all soon~