Part 1

New Moon

I'm so sorry everyone who has been waiting for this!!


 

 

 

 

 

The sky was still and clear with the stars shinning proudly. The moon was luminous. It shone just as bright, perhaps even more so than the stars, casting its light upon the clearing.

 

Two packs stood, one on either side facing towards one another, neither tearing their gaze away from each other for one missed move could end in disaster. Two tall figures stood in the middle of the clearing, a good three metres separating them. They were the Alpha’s of their packs, both strong and ready for a fight.

 

Their packs stood behind them ready to act on any order their Alpha barked. The air was tense between them however the young tan Alpha and his pack were far less on edge than the other. They held the strings that would decide the fate of the other pack gathered there tonight.

 

The other pack was here to form a truce with the tan Alpha’s pack. The tan Alpha, widely known as Kai, was the leader of one of the most influential packs in this neck of the woods so getting on their bad side was looking for trouble, which is just what the other pack had found out.

 

“You know why we’re here?” the other Alpha spoke, breaking the silence that had existed from the moment they had all appeared.

 

“Yes.” Kai says sounding bored. “You’ve been trespassing on my packs territory, hunting our game and leading rogues in to wander.” He says, eyes steely. “And you want a truce. But tell me…” he pauses. “…what can you possibly offer me – my pack – that will atone for your wrong doings?”

 

The other Alpha swallows, intimidated by Kai, and who wouldn’t be. Everyone had heard of the notorious Alpha. They say he was merciless and struck without conscious. That him and his pack leave blood baths behind them.

 

“I’m deeply sorry that we have offended you.” He says. “We meant no harm in coming into your territory.” He apologises but to Kai and his pack it comes off as weak and half assed.

 

It’s taboo for wolves to wander into territories that aren’t their own without consent from the home pack, all knew this. Yet this pack had purposely disregarded the rules. Kai considered himself and his pack to be quite peaceful when left alone, but when they felt they were being threatened, then they could be deadly. They considered another pack stumbling onto their territory as the initiation of a challenge. One they would not back down on.

 

“Oh. I think we have something you might be interested in.” the Alpha says confidently, a sleazy smirk pulling at his lips. Kai doesn’t like that smirk. Not one bit.

 

“Bring it.” The Alpha says to his pack, making a ‘come here’ gesture with his hand.

 

There’s movement behind the Alpha and Kai’s pack squint their eyes to try and see what’s happening. Kai stands as impassive as ever, yet a sense of foreboding sets in the pit of his gut.

 

A sweet scent drifts into the clearing as one of the wolves drag a figure over to the two Alphas. The figure is cruelly pushed to kneel on the floor beside the other Alpha’s feet, body hitting the floor hard. From the scent, all in the clearing can tell that the figure is an Omega. The Omega is bound. He has a collar around his neck with a chain attached to it which leads down and around his wrists, keeping them tied up and restrained in front of him. His eyes are covered, making him blind and a cloth is tied around his mouth, preventing him for speaking yet it doesn’t hide the terrified whines that escape through the fabric.

 

Kai looks at the small Omega, anger bubbling in his veins at the sight of him. Bruises litter his skin, both new and old. It’s obvious that he is not treated well by his pack. He takes in a deep breath, taking in the scent of the Omega in front of him and his eyes pop open wide. That smell, it’s so strong and completely unmistakable. It’s the smell on an Omega in heat.

 

Kai snarls, canines on full display in a show of anger.

 

“You dare!” he growls. “You dare try and tempt me with an Omega in heat.”

 

His outburst surprises the Alpha who jumps back, not expecting the reaction he had though he would get from his ‘gift’.

 

Kai’s pack are just as angered as their Alpha is. Not only are they attempting to use an Omega in heat as a bargaining chip, they’re openly showing their value on Omegas. This Omega has been abused and neglected, something which immediately put them in their bad books and demolished any chance they had at forming a truce. For the Full Moon pack valued Omegas above anything else. They were not to be mistreated but treasured and looked after.

 

They were they glue of the pack, keeping everyone else in their right mind. They were not to be treated as lesser beings.

 

The Omega on the floor whimpered, scared at the yelling and overwhelmed by the distinct smell of the pheromones of an angered Alpha. Kai’s eyes flick to the Omega and his eyes soften before turning cold again when they are again directed towards the other Alpha.

 

Kai lashes out and the other Alpha has no time to react before the rage filled form of Kai is upon him. Kai unleashes deadly punches and slashes at him with his claws. The other Alpha is no match for him, all he can do is try and defend himself.

 

The Alphas pack try and come to his aid only to be detained by Kai’s pack. They don’t hurt them, simply immobilise. Their Alpha hadn’t given them any orders to do anything else. They watch helpless as their Alpha is beaten, lying bloody and in pain on the floor but still alive and breathing, Kai standing over him, eyes flashing a dangerous red.

 

He kneels down, mouth level with the struggling Alphas ear.

 

“You take your pack and leave. I never want to see you anywhere near my territory again. If I do, I will kill you.” He hisses and the Alpha shivers in terror. “And we’ll be taking the Omega with us.” He finished.

 

The Alpha scrambles to his feet and along with his pack run into the woods and out of sight with their tails between their legs.

 

The Omega whines, not knowing what has happened. He could hear the sounds of a fight and the scent of his ‘pack’ disappear, the scent of the unknown pack being the only one that reaches his nose.

 

Kai’s attention is drawn to the cowering form of the Omega and his pack watches as he walks and knees in front on the small body. The Omega can smell and hear the Alpha coming closer and his fear grows bigger. The fear of being taken advantage of against his will in the vulnerable state his heat leaves him in scared him more than he would like to admit but his body betrays him and begins to tremble. He bares his neck in a sign of submission, resigning himself to his fate.

 

Kai reaches out and puts his arm gently on the Omegas shoulder and the Omega recoils at the touch, yelping in surprise. Kai, along with his pack feel anger once again bubbling up inside of them at the Omegas reaction, though their anger isn’t directed at the Omega but at the pack he had come from. He forcefully quells that anger, not wanting to scare him any more than he already was.

 

He slowly moves his hand from his shoulder, up his neck and behind his head, making sure that the Omega is aware of his every move. The Omega whines again in uncertainty and confusion but Kai hushes him gently.

 

“Shh shh. It’s alright. I’m not going to hurt you.” He says soothingly and the Omega finds himself unintentionally relaxing slightly at the tone of his voice.

 

He holds his breath as Kai undoes the knot of the bit of cloth around his mouth and pulls it away. There are chafe marks at the corner of his lips from where the cloth had rubbed against his skin. The Omega his lips and winces as the marks begin to sting.

 

Kai moves his hands to the knot on the cloth covering his eyes and undoes it just as gently as he had done with the other. The Omega feels as the cloth falls from his face and he slowly blinks his eyes open. The first things he sees in the form of an unfamiliar Alpha but from the smell he can identify who he is.

 

Kai is startled when the Omega fully opens his eyes. He is greeted by a set of unusually coloured eyes. They’re heterochromatic, one a bright blue and the other a shade of grey with silver highlights that shine with fear.

 

The others look at the Omega in interest at their Alpha’s gasp and are just are surprised as he was. The Omega shrinks into himself at the attention he is receiving, head lowered and shoulders hunched forward in an effort to make himself as small as possible.

 

“What’s your name?” Kai asks softly and the Omega looks up at him as if confused as to why he wants to know. “Can you tell me your name?” he asks again when the Omega remains silent.

 

“J-jongdae.” The Omega stutters out and Kai’s ears are pleased with the melodic voice that comes out.

 

“Okay Jongdae,” Kai says and Jongdae can’t help but enjoy the way the Alpha says his name. “I’m going to take these chains off of you now.” He tells him, waiting for Jongdae to nod before he starts.

 

Removing the chains is the easy part but taking off the collar is the hardest, it’s strong and solid and not easily breakable. Kai frowns when he is unable to break it himself.

 

“Chanyeol. Come over here and help me.” Kai says and Jongdae watches as a tall man makes his ways over to them.

 

As Chanyeol gets closer a new scent is picked up by Jongdae, the scent of another Alpha. He can feel the nerves bubbling up again and he begins to shake again. Seeing this Chanyeol slows his approach, holding his hands up in an ‘It’s okay’ gesture. Jongdae watches his every move, keeping his eyes locked on Chanyeol’s movements. He doesn’t have any reason to trust either of the Alpha’s, but he trusts Chanyeol less than he trusts Kai at this moment.

 

Kai tells Chanyeol to move to the other side of Jongdae, they each hook some of their fingers between Jongdae’s neck and the collar and pull. Both Kai and Chanyeol’s muscles are straining, the metal still holding strong. They’re at it for what seems like an age before it finally snaps in two and Jongdae hisses as his neck it cut by one of the jagged edges, brings his hand up to cover it in an effort to sooth the pain.

 

“There we go.” Kai says smiling now that he had unbound the Omega.

 

A breeze sweeps across the clearing and the Omega shivers as the cold wind hits his body, hugging himself to try and keep warm. Kai pauses for a second before pulling off his shirt followed by his pants and boxers. Jongdae looks away, face red. Kai shucks his pants back up before he slips the shirt onto the Omega then helps him into the pair of boxers. The clothes are way too big on his small frame but they do their job in keeping the chill away and covering his body.

 

“We’re leaving.” Kai announces.

 

He helps Jongdae to his feet and they take a step before Jongdae’s legs give out as a wave of heat flashes through his body. Kai manages to catch him before he falls to the floor and his nose picks up Jongdae’s scent which is sweater and stronger than it was before. The Omega whines into Kai’s chest, hands trying to hold onto the Alphas body.

 

“Sehun. Run ahead and warn Yixing. Tell him to get one of the huts prepared. We have an Omega in heat.” He says and Sehun nods, shifting into a large blond coloured wolf and running off into the woods.

 

Kai hoists Jongdae up like he weighs nothing – and he probably does – and holds him bridle style against his chest. He begins to walk off in the same direction Sehun had, the others following their leader.

 

To lost in the haze of his heat, Jongdae doesn’t notice as he presses his face into the juncture of Kai’s neck and shoulder, breathing in the Alpha’s scent. Nor does he notice when he begins to drag his lips around the area, mouthing at his neck.

 

Externally Kai shows not reaction to the Omega’s actions but internally he’s a mess. He’s loving the Omegas actions. Loving the feeling of him pressed up against his body and in his arms. Loving how the Omega is stirring up his Alpha. Loving how Jongdae’s scent is going straight to his nostrils and causing his entire body to go haywire. But he knows he can’t act on the desires that are plaguing his mind. At least not yet.

 

The walk back to their home feels much longer than it had even felt before. When they arrive Yixing is waiting for them, his faithful medical kit held in one hand. Beside him are Kyungsoo, Baekhyun, Luhan and Sehun who has his arm wrapped around Zitao’s waist.

 

Yixing rushes up to them when he sees them, zeroing in on the Omega in Kai’s arms.

 

“Show me where.” Kai says and Yixing immediately leads them to a hut.

 

“Kyungsoo come with me.” Yixing calls out and said man runs over to them wide eyed.

 

Kai carefully places Jongdae on the bed, the Omega whining when Kai pulls away. He desperately tries to grab a hold of the Alpha but he moves away just in time and the Omega lets out another whine at his failure.

 

“Take care of him.” Kai says before he walks out of the hut and closes the door, though not missing the sympathetic look Kyungsoo and Yixing share and the needy moan that Jongdae lets out, seemingly calling out for him to come back.

 

Jongin walks into the main house and collapses onto the couch and rubs his hands across his face. He’s never felt so affected around an Omega in heat before. Every instinct in him was telling him to go back and claim the small Omega, to make him his but the rational part of him was telling him to stay away.

 

“Hey, are you okay?” Asks a voice and he turns and sees Jumnyeon who has Yifan standing next to him.

 

“Yeah.” He says but all three of them can tell he’s not being truthful. “I have some calls to make.” He says before Junmyeon and Yifan can comment in his behaviour any longer. “I need to let our allies know about our little… incident tonight. Make sure that they’re aware not to show them any mercy if they come their way.” Kai says, walking off.

 

Yifan and Junmyeon look at each other, knowing smiles on both of their lips. It’s been a while since they’ve seen their Alpha this frazzled.

 

 

~X~

 

 

Four days. That’s how long it takes for Jongdae’s heat to finally break. Yixing and Kyungsoo were there with him the entire time, making sure to keep him hydrated and fed when the opportunity arose. Jongdae was weary of the others treatment and kindness but in that state he didn’t have the energy to pull away nor did he really want to. Unmated Omegas usually found comfort with other Omegas during their heat.

 

Never had he felt this safe, this protected in his life. It was such a nice feeling but it scared him. Was this reality? Would this kindness he had been shown be ripped away from him?

 

Coming from a pack that thought very little of Omegas, being in this kind of environment almost felt surreal. No one had tried to take advantage of him in his vulnerable state and he had been treated with dignity and respect, the two Omegas looking after him had treated him like one of their own, a privilege that hadn’t been granted to him before. Even the Omegas in his old pack had ostracised and shunned him. He had been labelled a freak because of his heterochromatic eyes, punished for a genetic mutation that he had no control over. There was no one to protect him. He had no parents, no friends, no family.

 

He was still distrustful of the Alphas intentions but he was willing to see what could happen in staying with this new pack. He hoped he had made the right decision.

 

“Oh, you’re awake!” comes a voice out of the blue. Jongdae turns his head and sees the kind Omega with the deep dimples by the door. His name is Yixing if he remembers correctly.

 

Jongdae nods, not trusting his own voice. The other Omega seems to understand as he just smiles that kind smile that Jongdae recognises from his blurry memories of the past few days.

 

“How are you feeling?” Yixing asks as he moves into the room, a glass of water held in his grasp.

 

“A-alright, I guess.” Jongdae replies, voice hoarse from disuse. A small frown mars Yixing face for a second at the sound of the others voice before it is replaced with a smile.

 

“Ah, here take this.” Yixing says, holding the glass of water out to Jongdae.

 

“Thankyou.” Jongdae mumbles, sipping hesitantly on the beverage. His sips soon turn into mouthfuls as he finally realises how thirsty he is. He knows he should probably slow down before he makes himself sick but at the very moment he couldn’t even care. When the glass is completely empty he just holds it in his hands awkwardly, not knowing what to do with it.

 

“Just put in on the table. I’ll move it later.” Yixing says when he notices the Omegas dilemma. Jongdae does as he’s told, making sure to place it gently so he doesn’t accidently break it. He doesn’t know what the consequences would be if he did.

 

All of a sudden Jongdae’s stomach rumbles and Yixing can’t help it when his lips twitch a little. Jongdae’s face reddens in embarrassment.

 

“It’s already well past breakfast but lunch is soon. Why don’t you have a shower and them we can go and get something to eat?” Yixing suggests and Jongdae finds himself nodding before he can stop himself.

 

Yixing smiles widely, his deep dimples plainly shown on his face and Jongdae feels his lips pulling up slightly in retaliation.

 

“Do you need some help getting there?” Yixing asks. Jongdae ponders the question. He pulls himself to the side of the bed and swings his legs over the side. He puts some of his weight in his legs and goes to stand up, only for him to sits back onto the mattress a second later.

 

“Yes please.” Jongdae says quietly but Yixing still hears it. He moves over to Jongdae and helps him to his feet, pulling one of Jongdae’s arms around his shoulders and one on his around the smaller Omegas waist and leads him over to the bathroom. By the time they get there Jongdae is more used to being back on his feet and is pretty confident that he could now walk on his own without the threat of his face meeting the tiles of the bathroom floor.

 

“There’s some clothes in the cupboard in the corner and you get just use the towel that’s already hanging up. I’ll wait for you to finish and them take you over to the main house.” Yixing explains, gently closing the door behind him and leaving Jongdae by himself.

 

Jongdae immediately strips out of his clothes and he finds himself slightly dejected that they are different from the ones that the Alpha had dressed him in. That thought quickly passes was the temptation of a hot shower grows stronger. He turns on the water, waiting for it to warm before stepping under the streams. He had noticed the mirror in the room, though he has yet to look at himself. He’s not yet prepared to greet the sight that he knows he’ll see.

 

He doesn’t know how long he spends under the hot spray of water but when he finally turns off the water steam is heavy in the air, fogging up the mirror and making it slightly hard to breathe but the feeling of being clean overwhelms his desire to breathe properly at this time.

 

He dries his body with the towel and searches for some clothes in the cupboard and settle for a loose pair of pants and shirt. By the time he is dressed and dry the steam for the mirror had receded. Taking a deep breath, he steels himself before looking into it. What greats him is a familiar but unfamiliar sight at the same time.

 

It’s rare that he gets to see himself in the mirror. So much so that he could count the number of times he has had the opportunity with the fingers on his hands. However the sight that had greeted him is the same each time, the bruised skin and hetero-chromatic eyes standing out the most. Now he takes the time to study his features and notices things other than his eyes and the marks marring his skin. He sees how his lips curl up at the ends, sees his prominent cheek bones and the moles dotted around his face and neck.

 

He is startled out of his musings when there is a knock at the door, Yixing’s voice coming from the other side.

 

“Are you finished?” he asks.

 

“Yeah.” Jongdae says. He takes another look at himself in the mirror before opening the door, Yixing greeting him on the other side.

 

“You ready?” Yixing smiles. Jongdae nods, not trusting his own voice but he feels strangely relaxed. There’s something about the other that makes him feel… he doesn’t know but it’s a nice feeling.

 

Yixing lead him out of the house and for the first time Jongdae’s eyes lay upon what this pack – his pack – call home. It’s beautiful. It’s somewhere deep in the woods, secluded from civilization from what Jongdae could guess. It’s surrounded by bright green grass with a lake slightly off to the side. It’s breathtaking but he doesn’t have the time to admire it as Yixing takes him into the building that they had been walking towards.

 

As soon as they enter multiple new scents invade his nose and he starts to feel overwhelmed. Sensing his distress, Yixing wraps an arms around him and brings his head to rest in the crook of his neck. Jongdae breathes in the Omegas comforting scent and feels his body relax. Jongdae takes his head away and looks at Yixing gratefully.

 

When they get deeper into the house Jongdae sees others loitering around. When they see Jongdae they turn to look at him curiously but warmly. Uncomfortable at the attention, Jongdae lowers his head to block him from seeing their starts, but it doesn’t stop him feeling their gaze on him. Yixing takes him to the kitchen where he sees the other Omega – Kyungsoo – preparing something and a large Alpha sitting down at the table watching the Omega work.

 

When Kyungsoo sees them he smiles, lips forming in the shape of a heart. “Hey Yixing, Jongdae.” He greets and Jongdae gets out a quiet ‘hi’. “I’m nearly finished so you can just take a seat in the meantime. I hope you’re ok with sandwiches.” He says.

 

Jongdae takes a seat and has a little heart attack when he realises it’s directly in front of the large Alpha with strong eyebrows and intimidating expression. He’s staring directly at him and Jongdae feels like he’s going to drop dead before his expression takes a complete one-eighty and a brilliant gummy smile replaces the scowl.

 

“Hi, I’m Yifan.” He introduces, holding his hand out for Jongdae to shake who takes it slowly.

 

Jongdae is surprised at the Alphas actions and he’s sure that it shows on his face but Yifan makes no reaction to say that he’s aware of it which Jongdae is grateful for.

 

“Lunch is ready!” Kyungsoo calls out and Jongdae can hear multiple sets of footsteps coming closer. Jongdae tenses. He’s not sure if he’s ready for what’s about to happen.

 

A tall man, just a little shorter than Yifan with big ears comes around the corner, a noticeable shorter man following not long after him. Jongdae can’t help but think the second male is beautiful with his soft angelic features and bright aura surrounding him. He has to have been the prettiest Omega he had even seen in his life. Both males come and sit down at the table next to Yifan, the Alpha punching the other tall man on the arm in the form of a greeting, wide smile pulling at his lips.

 

The Omega sees Jongdae and gives him a large smile. “Hi! I’m Baekhyun.” He says excitedly to Jongdae. “And this big oaf is Chanyeol.” He points to the Alpha next to him who throws Jongdae a wave. “You’re Jongdae, right?”

 

“Y-yeah.” Jongdae stutters and if anything the Omegas smile get wider then what it was before and Jongdae’s slightly concerned that his face is going to crack under the strain.

 

“Tone it down a little Baek.” Comes the voice of another new face that had entered the kitchen at the call of food. The new comer gives Jongdae and small but kind smile before heading over to Yixing and wrapping his arms around the Omega. “I’m Junmyeon, Yixing’s mate. Excuse Baekhyun, he gets overly excited when meeting new people.” He says which startles a whine out of the man in question.

 

“He’s like a puppy.” Pipes up Chanyeol and Baekhyun throws him a look that just so happens to mirror that of a kicked puppy. Jongdae can’t help the little laugh that bubbles in his throat and manages to escape, quickly covering his mouth with his hand when he’s realised what he’s done. He can feel everyone looking at him and it just makes him feel all of the more self-conscious.

 

However the moment is broken when Kyungsoo puts a plate with a sandwich in front of him (god bless him) and the others. Everyone’s attention in now focused on the food in front of him and he sends Kyungsoo a grateful smile.

 

“Where are the others?” Yixing asks after a moment and Jongdae is thinking the same. He knew there were more of them somewhere. It’s Chanyeol who answers Yixing.

 

“Luhan’s upstairs with Minseok.  Minseok’s been feeling pretty exhausted today.” Chanyeol says and Jongdae can see Yixing frown.

 

“I’ll go up and check on him after lunch. I’ll bring something for them to eat. They need it, especially Minseok.” Yixing says and Jongdae is completely lost. Yixing must see the lost look on his face as he turns to Jongdae and begins to explain. “Minseok’s pregnant with a pretty big litter it might add. Four pups and it’s been hard on him.” He says and Jongdae eyes widen. That is a big litter.

 

“He pretty small in stature as well.” Baekhyun adds. “So it’s taken a bit of a toll on his body.” Jongdae nids in understanding.

 

“Zitao and Sehun, the maknaes, are on border patrol.” Chanyeol continues.

 

“Border patrol?” Yifan laughs. “More like Zitao got distracted by a butterfly and is chasing it and rolling around in the fields and Sehun’s to love struck to do anything about it.”

 

There’s a chorus of laughs that erupt in the room and this reactions tells Jongdae that this is a regular occurrence.

 

“You’ll meet these four later.” Yixing says. “What about Jongin?”

 

Junmyeon yawns. “On the phone to Jinki and Leetuk.” He says, leaving at that. Everyone else seems to know what that means but Jongdae is left clueless.

 

“What about Kai?” Jongdae asks as he hadn’t heard the Alphas name mentioned once.

 

Chanyeol barks out a laugh. “Jongin is Kai.” He says. “He was given that name by other packs because of the rumours that surrounded him.” Jongdae knew the rumours, who didn’t? Rumours of a merciless Alpha and his pack of well trainer hunting dogs. “But really he’s just a loveable, cuddly teddy bear.”

 

Just as Chanyeol finishes said man walk in, an unreadable expression on his face. When land on Jongdae they light up and a smile pulls up at his lips.

 

“Hey. How are you? Is everyone treating you right?” He says gently and Jongdae is surprised by the concern in his voice.

 

“Y-yes. Everyone’s been really nice.” He says, trying to make sure that he doesn’t sound insincere or awkward.

 

“Good.” Jongin smiles and Jongdae tries to calm his heart which is doing funny things at the sight of the Alphas handsome face. Unnoticed, the others all look at the movie playing out in front of them, knowing smiles on all of their faces. They all wonder how long it’s going to take for the match to be lit.

 

 

~X~

 


So here's the first part!! I'm sorry for everyone who has been waiting for this. Thankyou for being so patient with me <3 This was supposed to be posted on Jongdae's birthday but some unexpected things popped up which I had no control over and it set me back majorly. But it's all finished now :D I'll be posting this in 3 to 4 parts just so it's easier to read. I need to edit the rest other than that everything else is done. I really hope you guys enjoy this. There's a real lack of ChenKai/KaiChen fics out there. Please tell me you thoughts :)

 

See you next for part 2~

 

P.S. I'm super hyped for the ChenBaekXi sub-unit. Can't wait to here what they have in store for us >.<