Washed Memories

Small World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong and Seungri waits outside the laboratory while Haru is getting all the necessary tests for her diagnosis. He recalls what happened just moments ago. Sandara Park, he thought.

 

How is that possible? Even their voices are the same.

 

He pulled out his wallet and looked at the picture of Samantha inside. How on earth did she have exactly the same face as that doctor he met earlier. From her eyes, down to her lips. Its all the same.

 

"I'm having this weird feeling, hyung" Seungri said but Jiyong is in deep thought and didn't bother to answer him.

 

Perhaps Sam has a sister? No, that can't be, he thought. He has seen Sam's family photo before in her apartment. She's an only child. Although he wasn't in good terms with her parents, they've met once before.

 

Is Sandara Park, perhaps, what they call a doppleganger? You know, they say there is someone in this world who is bound to have the same face as yours, regardless of your relations.

 

"Now I'm being technical" Jiyong said to himself. He shook off all his thoughts when the laboratory door opened and Haru went to him.

 

"We'll have the results delivered directly to Doctor Sandara as soon as they're ready. We'll call you later to arrange Haru's next appointment" said the medical staff.

 

Jiyong thanked him and turned to Seungri who is now carrying Haru.

 

"Are we going now, hyung?"

 

"You can go first in the office, I'll drop Haru to her school"

 

--------------------------------------------------

 

"You're not coming in?" Dara asked as she saw Daesung still standing outside.

 

"Oh"

 

"Sit down"

 

Daesung took the sit infront of her while she scan some documents. He looks puzzled and he has this accusing look in his face. 

 

"Close your mouth or else a fly will attack you" she said without looking at him. She heard him clear his throat. When she spots the file she's looking for, she looks at him.

 

"I'm submitting a letter to the director to have you work with me during surgeries. What do you think about that?"

 

She learned from Bom that she's alloted one fellow to work under her. Since Daesung is a fellow and they just had their first surgery earlier, she decided to just have him since he's quite fast in assisting her earlier. 

 

"Uhh..Sunbae..."

 

"Mwo? (What?)"

 

Daesung clears his throat again. She noticed that he's avoiding her gaze as he keeps on looking at the displays behind her.

 

"Your name is Sandara Park?"

 

Although puzzled by his question, Dara answered him nonchalantly "Uh, yeah. What else could it be?"

 

Daesung murmured something to himself but she couldn't comprehend it so she decided to let go of that weird question.

 

"So are you okay with this?" Dara asked, waving the letter in hand.

 

Daesung nodded.

 

"Good" Dara put the letter down and picked up another folder behind her. "Now for the good part," she scanned several documents, "remember the little girl earlier when you came here?"

 

"Haru? Yeah, her parents are close with us."

 

"Us?"

 

"The people she's with earlier. They're my friends. Haru's mother is my friend's cousin. So yeah, we're quite close" Daesung said.

 

Dara just nodded at his response then turned to her computer to open an image. "Okay. So, I still need to wait for Haru's laboratory results just to be sure but her CT scan came faster than expected, it's a tremor by the way" she adjusted the monitor so Daesung can see.

 

"What do you think?" she asked.

 

It took Daesung a couple of seconds before answering, "She's still young, so it can't be a degenerative disease. Is it a resting tremor or an action tremor?"

 

"It's an action tremor," she saw him about to ask more so she said first, "It was intention tremor at first. It happened only during her piano recital. But now her hand shakes all day except when she's asleep" Dara leaned back on her seat again, "What are the causes of two tremors?"

 

"Intention tremor occurs when there's a problem in the cerebellum. Essential tremor has no known cause."

 

Dara nods, "Correct. So what are the treatments?"

 

"Most of the patients get treated with medicine such as propranolol or primidone"

 

Dara shook her head this time, "Give me a neurosurgeon's answer"

 

Daesung gasped, "DBS? (Deep Brain Stimulation)"

 

"That's right"

 

Daesung gasped again, "You're going to operate Haru while she's awake?"

 

"If her laboratory results turns out she's fit for immediate surgery, then yes"

 

Daesung gasped for the third time, "And I'll be your assistant?"

 

"Uh, yes? You just agreed to work under me like six minutes ago" Dara said as a matter of fact.

 

"Chincha???" Daesung stood abruptly which startled Dara a little, "I've never done it before. While watching videos, I pictured the day I'd be doing it. That time has come! Thank you noona!" Daesung said happily.

 

"Noona?"

 

Daesung's smile turned to an awkward laugh, "Ah,s-sorry sunbae-nim. I just got overly excited."

 

They were looking at each other awkwardly after that laugh.

 

"You can go now" Dara said then turned back to her computer.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

Jiyong is now driving his way to their office after dropping Haru to her school when he almost beat the red light. He hastily steps on the break, causing the car behind him to stop abruptly which earned him mad honking from it.

 

After what happened back in the hospital, he can’t seem to think straight. I mean, who can think straight and act like nothing happened after seeing your dead fiancé’s being on another person. As much as he doesn’t want to give much thought on it, he can’t help it. He’s about to go crazy.

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

“Yah. I heard you’re doing DBS” Bom said to Dara.

 

They are in Dara’s office. She just finished her last appointment for the day.

 

“Hmm. Lee Haru’s lab results came out already and she’s ready for operation. Just need to inform the parents” Dara said while organizing the papers on her table.

 

“Already got a fellow?”

 

“Kang Daesung”

 

Bom scooted over, “So he was here earlier, huh. Yah, what did you do? The man was dazed all afternoon. He even messed his report presentation infront of the interns”

 

“Yah, I didn’t do anything. He was actually so happy when I told him he’ll be assisting me with DBS that he even called me noona. C

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter