Hello

Small World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With a bouquet of white roses in hand, a man dressed in an elegant suit is quietly staring at the picture frame right infront of him. Next to it is a marble jar.

 

"Hi, Sam"

 

The lady in the photo is a very beautiful one. She looks gentle in that yellow dress.

 

He smiled. A sad one. He can't help it as Sam is smiling brightly to the camera.

 

Long black hair, deer eyes, cute pointy nose and a radiant smile. She is indeed so beautiful.

 

He carefully placed the roses in the space infront of the jar.

 

"It's been six years, huh?"

 

He gently caressed the photo. Yes, six years had already passed since Samantha left him. She didn't left him for another man, or another place, or another whatnot. She left him for good.

 

Samantha died six years ago.

 

He didn't know that she was suffering a terminal illness. She didn't tell him. She doesn't want him to know. And he is such a d*ck for not noticing it. They've been together for 2 years, yet he can't even differentiate if she's okay or not.

 

He really is a d*ck. A goddamn one for that.

 

"Hyung" a young man behind him called.

 

He is Lee Seungri, his assistant.

 

He looked back.

 

"We have to go now or we'll miss our flight back to Seoul"

 

"Five minutes"

 

"But hyung--"

 

"I said five minutes"

 

Seungri heaved a sigh and went out of the room.

 

Jiyong looked back to the photo to bid his goodbye.

 

"Sorry I can't stay for long. But I'll see you on your birthday, okay? Bye for now. I love you"

 

One last look at the photo and he went out of the room.

 

"Hyung i thought five more minutes?" Seungri asked.

 

He just looked at him. A look sharp enough to send shivers down his spine. 

 

Seungri put his hands up in defeat, "Okay, okay. That was five minutes. Are we leaving now?"

 

Without answering him, he walked towards the elevator.

 

"Aish, this hyung really!" Seungri frustratingly said and stomped his way to Jiyong.

 

"Aish?" Jiyong said mockingly.

 

Seungri didn't expect him to hear what he just said so he was taken aback but recovered then smiled foolishly to Jiyong.

 

"Oh that was nothing, hyung! Really!"

 

Jiyong has this bored look on his face, "I just ought to smack you" he said and motioned to hit Seungri when the elevator door opens.

 

"Hyung smack me next time, okay? We have to hurry! Ppalli!"

 

---

XXX AIRLINE

---

 

Jiyong and Seungri are seated second to the last row in the business class section.

 

"Hyung, I'll just have a rundown of your schedule--"

 

Jiyong sighed and picked up the earplugs provided by the airplane.

 

"Do that when we land, I want to rest" Jiyong said before putting on the earplugs.

 

"Ah seriously! Why hire me when you don't even listen to me? You won't even let me finish my words! Aish!"

 

Jiyong adjusts himself comfortably facing the window, "I can still hear you, you know" he said.

 

"That's the point hyung! I said that for you to hear!" Seungri said then took the wine glass to his lips.

 

"I told you i want to rest. Shut your mouth or I'll have you transfered to the economy class"

 

Seungri scoffed but then immediately smiled when a pretty flight attendant passed by.

 

---

30 minutes before landing in Seoul

---

 

A petite lady in a floral dress went to the toilet. After 3 minutes or so, they hear a passenger shout in panic. Everyone turned their attention towards the commotion. The lady in the floral dress passed out and another passenger is supporting her. Some of the cabin crews rushed to the passenger to help carry the lady. They laid her down and took out the first aid kits.

 

One flight attendant went to the speaker phone and announced to the flight that there is a passenger who needs immediate treatment, and if there's anyone who is a doctor, please go to the business class as soon as possible.

 

Seungri, whose neck is about to break from stretching to see what's happening said, "Whoa! I've seen this happen a lot in movies but it's actually really scary in real life! Jiyong-hyung, look! Hyung--"

 

Jiyong had enough of Seungri's constant nudging at him so he smacked him.

 

"You rat! I told you I want to rest didn't I? Do you really want to be smacked before you listen?!"

 

"Ah hyung! Someone passed out and you still have the guts to sleep? Where did your compassion go?" Seungri reasoned out. And he earned another smack from Jiyong.

 

"Am I a doctor? What do you wan't me to do?!"

 

Seungri nursed his now throbbing red forehead.

 

"One more from you and I swear I'll throw you out of this aircraft"

 

"Arasso" Seungri mumbled.

 

The flight attendant called through the speaker phone again for medical assistance.

 

"Isn't anyone here a doctor? What to do? The lady looks like she's in so much pain. She's sweating a lot!" said one of the older passengers.

 

Minutes later, one senior flight attendant went to one of the passengers in the front row who is sleeping. She gently tapped the passenger, "Excuse me, Ma'am?"

 

The passenger didn't budge and the attendant tapped her again. This time, the lady slowly opened her eyes. Her eyes were a bit red. Lack of sleep.

 

"We're very sorry to interrupt you ma'am, but we were informed that you are a doctor. We have a passenger who needs immediate attention" the attendant said and pointed at the lady who is laid on the ground wearing oxygen mask.

 

The lady blinked a few times before she got up and went to the patient.

 

She adjusts the patient's oxygen mask before checking her pulse and her breathing. She prepared the first aid kit while the attendant explains to her the situation.

 

The doctor asked for the patient's guardian and a man answered that she is his wife.

 

The patient's blood pressure continues to plummet. The plane takes about 20 minutes before it reaches Seoul. She needs to save the patient or she won't last until the plane lands.

 

The patient coughs up blood and the doctor asks if she's been in an accident recently. The husband is in panic seeing blood in the oxygen mask and couldn't answer the doctor clearly.

 

After putting on the gloves, the doctor asks one of the attendants to help her pour alcohol to sterilize her hands. After that, she grabs a syringe, took off the cap with her teeth, loaded it with stabilizer and aimed for the patient's chest. She took another syringe to out the clotching blood in the patient's chest.

 

After she took off the syringe, she placed a gauze on the patient's chest and taped it securely.

 

"The stabilizer I gave her will only last for 20 minutes. Please inform 119 to have an ambulance waiting when we land, she needs to be taken to the hospital as soon as possible."

 

"The captain already informed them. Thank you so much for your help!" The crews bowed to her.

 

"Can you hand me a pen and paper? I'll write down her chart. Please pass it to anyone in-charge in the ambulance. They know what to do." The doctor said. She slightly bowed to the crew and went back to her seat.

 

Amazed by what happened right infront of them, the passengers in the busines class expressed their opinions one by one.

 

"She's a doctor? She look so young!"

 

"She looks calm and collected while treating the lady. I'm so amazed!"

 

"She works fast too! I feel like I'm watching a movie!"

 

"That's what I thought too! It looks like a scene from a movie!"

 

They looked at the direction of the lady doctor who is now wearing a beanie and earphones. Looks like she's sleeping again.

 

---

 

"Whoa!! That doctor looks so cool! But wait, she looks kind of familiar. Have I met her before?" Seungri said to himself while trying to get a glimpse of the doctor. Since she was seated at the front, it's kind of hard to see her face from their position given that business class seats are big.

 

He turned to Jiyong and nudged him.

 

"Hyung, look at that doctor. She looks familar, don't you think so--"

 

Jiyong angrily took off his sleeping mask and stared forward.

 

"Remind me to fire you once we reach Seoul"

 

---

 

When the plane lands in Seoul, they immediately transfered the patient to the ambulance. The husband ke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter