Boat

The Thing Called FOREVER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joshua is a helpless journalist who wants to get motivated but he can’t, because he don’t know what can inspire him the most. He lost his passion nor his drive to make things happier for everyone because he lost one news that can make him or break him, it did give him a break, a HEARTBREAK.

“You’re sulking again?” Minghao said as he placed a cup of coffee to Joshua’s table. “Why are you sulking again, come on, it’s been a month.”

“You don’t know how hard it is for me, that news is for me, and that news is about to make me.” Joshua said then he drinks the coffee that was given to him.

“You should have just took the microphone, it’s not like that Tzuyu can speak better than you.” Minghao said.

“Whatever.”

Minghao put a paper on Joshua’s table. “I’ll give you that.”

“What’s that?” Joshua asked.

“That is Wen Junhui, a young business-man, he is also a craftsman who sells his works worldwide.” Minghao said. “The boss wants to interview him and put him on TV, that guy have the face, the body and everything this whole world wants.”

“Really, you’re giving this to me?” Joshua’s eyes started to sparkle like stars in the sky.

“Yes, but because you need it also.”

“What do you mean?”

“He is living in an island that has 40 houses, 200 is the population, it is very hard to go there, and to think that, he is in an island that means no internet connection and even signal, are you on?” Minghao asked.

“Sure!” then Joshua realized something, “If this will be documentary, then how will I film this one?”

Minghao gave him a camera recorder. “This, use this and make us this who is this genius.”

Joshua smiled and hugged his bestfriend. “Sure.”

 

~

 

As soon as Joshua arrived at the island, he felt happy, the fresh air, there is no vehicle running and you can see people from the town smiling at you as you walk by. Minghao said that he arranged Joshua’s house already and it is located at the top of the town, he asked for the direction and luckily people helped him. It surprised him when he saw some logs and woods scattered at the entry way.

“I thought I am the one living here...” Joshua said then he saw an old man picking up the logs, Joshua immediately went to him so he can help him. “Here.” Joshua said getting the logs.

“What a good girl you are.” Joshua frowned and saw that the old man is not wearing his glasses.

“Excuse me sir, I will just ruin something...” Joshua said. “I am boy.”

It is obvious that the old man is surprised. “Aigoo... I never thought that men around this time can be so beautiful.” Joshua laughed. “I bet my grandson will like you.”

“Grandson?”

 

“Grandfather.” Both Joshua and the old man looked at the owner of the voice, but it surprised Joshua more, that person is so tall, tall enough to reach the top part of the doorway. Joshua noticed that that guy have brown hair, broad shoulder and really handsome face.

“Junhui...” Joshua realized that the gorgeous person standing in front of him is the person who he will going to interview.

“Who are you?”

Joshua realized that Jun is talking to him, he was left amazed when Jun looked at him. “I’m Joshua...” Joshua put down the logs and cleaned his hand to offer a shakehand to Jun. “I’m here because my friend Minghao asked me to interview you.”

Junhui frowned. “Minghao?”

“Ah... yes he is my officemate—“

“I don’t like to be interviewed.” Junhui said then he went inside the house. Joshua looked at him with a surprised face.

“What does that—“

“My grandson don’t like camera, nor being interviewed, he have trauma...” the old man said. “I wish he can overcome it.”

 

~

 

It was already dark outside, when Junhui decided to get his grandfather but was surprised to see Joshua is still there and now they are building something and Junhui don’t want to know it. He went to them and Joshua was so focused that he didn’t noticed Junhui.

“Why are you still here?” Joshua was surprised because of that and accidentally hit his hand with a hammer. Junhui saw it and immediately acted without thinking, he grabbed Joshua hand and saw that it made few scratches so he looked at Joshua.

“I-I’m—“

What Junhui did next was unexpected, he the blood that came out from Joshua’s wound. Joshua was surprised, he never did those or even more, no one ever did that to him. “We still need to disinfect this one.” Junhui looked at his grandfather and he smiled to him.

“She better get some medicine.”

Junhui nodded and grabbed Joshua’s hand and Joshua was surprised. Junhui brought him to a room, it seems like a bedroom for two persons, but the room only has one futon out. Junhui let Joshua set on the futon while he gets the first aid kit. “Ah you don’t need to worry, it’s not a cut, I just got stamped.”

“Whatever it is, you just need to be treated.” Junhui said then he sat in front of Joshua, grabbed his hand and cleaned it with alcohol, he noticed Joshua twitched which made him smiled slightly and Joshua didn’t notice. Junhui got the chance to look at Joshua, Joshua from his view is indeed beautiful, he heard his grandfather asking if Joshua is a girl, because he is beautiful enough to be one, but there is also manliness on him but what made Junhui looked more at Joshua is there is sadness on his face.

Joshua realized that he felt someone is looking at him intently and caught Junhui looking at him, he smiled to him. “Is there something wrong with my face?”

Junhui realized that Joshua caught him off guard so he looked away. “Nothing.”

Joshua nodded and Junhui continued cleaning the scratches, then after cleaning, Joshua realized that he have nowhere to go, since Minghao might given him the wrong address. Jun noticed the sudden change on Joshua’s expression. “Why?”

“I guess Minghao given me the wrong address and now I don’t know where to sleep anymore.” Joshua said.

Jun sighed and Joshua heard that, he looked at Jun. “I know who is Minghao... he is my bestfriend, and he told you about you coming here.”

Joshua was caught surprised by that. “R-Really?”

“Yes...” Jun said then he turned around. “If you don’t mind sharing a room with me then, you can sleep there.”

Joshua smiled. “Of course.”

 

~

 

Jun didn’t get the chance to sleep peaceful that night, it’s because Joshua keeps on talking and talking about everything that he had been through, it is good, to hear someone really talking but he can’t help but to answer at everything that Joshua is telling to him, it’s just been a day but Joshua’s effect to him is bigger than he thought. He was now on his way to test one of his newest engined boat when suddenly he heard someone get in, and he saw Joshua holding his camera. “Can I at least film this side of you?”

Jun ignored him and went to the engine, Jun unlike last night, didn’t answer anything Joshua is asking, because it is connected to the reason why he was here, and it is all about his business and achievement.

“Why are you not answering me?”

“Why are you here?” Joshua was surprised when Jun asked him, and that is the first thing he asked to him ever since they went on the boat.

Joshua remembered it again, “I lost my inspiration... and when I saw your video, I got inspired and maybe if ever I can interview you... maybe I can get some inspiration....”

Jun looked at him but immediately looked away and continued driving the boat, “Then film me...” Joshua looked at him, “And find that inspiration you want.”

“R-Really?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter