No Strings Attached

Was I Dreaming?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Could you help me get it? The student council has one, you could borrow it from them." A classmate said to Byul.

The day started with Byul coming to school and was welcomed by a sight of students running and walking around the school grounds - some of them were carrying props and there are booths prepared for them too. Byul just remembered about the school's festival they are going to hold the next day, explains all the students not heading to class. The school didn't give them a holiday today, instead they were given time to prepare each of their classes and booths. She made her way straight to class just to find her classmates decorating the classroom. They stick with the idea of turning the class into a simple cafe for the festival tomorrow. Byul isn't going to complain, it wasn't a bad idea either so she goes along with it.

Byul was trying to make herself useful so she asked the class leader if there's anything she could help with. The leader was glad she came in the right time. She asked Byul to borrow a stapler from the student council and she immediately making her way to the student council room, completely unaware of who might be present in the room when she slides the door open and meet many pairs of eyes at her way.

The student council was currently having a meeting.

"Uh..."

"Um, Moonbyul-ssi, is there anything I can help you with?" It came from the only attractive girl standing nearby her desk - on Byul's personal point of view, of course. The president, Kim Yongsun or Solar. Seeing the long brunette girl suddenly makes Byul flustered and gulped as she feels nervousness coming at her. Surely the girl who is now talking to her isn't really the same girl she just spent her time with the other day. "Moonbyul-ssi?" She called out, raising her eyebrow.

Byul came to her senses and bows her head while apologizing. "I'm really sorry for barging in. I'll wait outside until the meeting is over."

"We just finished the meeting actually." A girl in ponytail said, one that Byul recognize as the secretary of the student council.

"True, you don't need to be all so formal around us. You're like a part of this student council the moment you decided to be Solar's assistant."

That was a fact indeed. Since Byul and Yongsun are the best of friends and seen together a lot around the school ground, it's normal for the members to treat Byul as if she's one of the members too. The student council members were practically used to Byul's presence around the president and the student council room. Honestly, not every student can enter the room but Byul has this special treatment - it was unintentionally though. It was normal too for them to see the president seen together with Byul more often than the vice presiden nor any of the members in student council.

"Please just wait a bit, I still need to wrap this up." The president said and Byul just stand there, leaning against the wall while Yongsun gave a little reminders of what they need to do for the day and everything involving the preparation for the school's festival the next day. Byul couldn't stop glancing at the president's way every chance she gets while trying not to look too much like a stalker.

Watching Yongsun in her "president" form never failed to amuse her. It was like watching a whole different side of her - if you want to put it in a weird way, it seems like she has two personalities but don't worry, that's not it. Yongsun was just being a professional when it comes to the student council matters. She doesn't need to tell Byul about the difference, Byul already witnessed it in the first time they met outside of the school's auditorium. Byul suddenly feels a bit special thinking how she probably the only one who knows how Yongsun usually behave. The president is really just like a five year-old girl when she's with Byul.

Once she's done wrapping up the whole meeting, Yongsun makes her way towards Byul.

"So why are you here?" She asked, giving off that shy smile.

Wait, shy? Yongsun don't do shy smile at...anyone. Byul could tell the difference - heck, even some of the members starting to look at them suspiciously when they noticed Yongsun's smile. Byul decided to not focus more on Yongsun and get to the point on why she was sent here to the student council room.

"Stapler. I want to borrow a stapler." She said.

In a matter of seconds, a hand was right in front of her, holding the stapler.

"Here's your stapler." It was a girl, much likely one of the members.

And man, isn't she one beautiful girl?

Byul never knew the student council has this girl as a member. But even though she is indeed a good looking girl, Byul still almost jump at her sudden appearance. She had no idea the girl has been standing there all along, maybe because Yongsun is taking her whole attention that she didn't have the chance to pay attention to her surrounding.

Byul took the stapler.

"Thanks." She took a quick glance at Yongsun after flashing a smile at the girl standing next to Yongsun. "I guess I'll be going now."

"Wait," Yongsun grabbed her arm and Byul almost curse at herself for feeling flustered over something so simple like this.

After a lot of events happened between the two of them for the past week, Byul couldn't help but feel this weird thing electrify her whole system every time they touch - shoulders or arms brushed against each other, hand-holding, even through eye-contact. It didn't feel like it was something normal anymore.

"What's your class doing for the festival?" The president asked, breaking the trail of thoughts Byul was having in that short few seconds.

"A cafe. I bet you will have special priviledge if you stop by our class. You're the president after all."

"Do I get a special treatment too?"

Their eyes fell on the same girl who handed Byul the stapler.

Appearently she's still standing there.

It's either this girl have a really weak presence or Byul and Yongsun were too busy getting lost in each others' presence that nothing else seem to exist but them.

Byul nodded, smiling ever so charming, thinking it was probably the polite thing to do.

She takes politeness seriously, alright.

"I think everyone is welcome to come." Byul said.

"Then I guess I should wear something good tomorrow."

"Didn't you pay any attention, Ahn Heeyeon?" Well, that was one threatening voice from the president. "All of us are going to wear our uniform."

Heeyeon pouts at the president, Byul secretly found it kind of cute. "Ah, president is no fun. You should hold another festival where everyone can wear anything they want to wear. I bet the student bodies will appreciate the idea so they can at least try to impress their crushes with cute dresses." Hearing this, Yongsun already looking like she was about to pounce at Heeyeon in any minute.

Byul sensed it and couldn't hold a small smile on the corner of her lips.

Yongsun is cute when she's jealous.

"Don't worry, Heeyeon-sunbae. You still look cute even without the dress."

Just then Byul felt Yongsun let go of her grip on Byul's arm.

"Well, you should go now, Moonbyul-ssi." The president told her. "They must be looking for you and that stapler."

That made Byul smirks and raises her eyebrow.

"You're the one holding me back, you know."

"Not anymore, just go."

Yongsun is so obvious when she's pissed.

This is her bestfriend she's talking to, Byul would always know.

"I can't go if you're still pissed at me."

"I'm not pissed at you-" Their eyes met and Byul raised one of her eyebrow, it was a gesture only both of them understands. Byul telepathically said Yongsun is pissed either at her or at Heeyeon. "-or at anyone." She added. But what is shown in front of Byul is definitely otherwise.

And the culprit had to make it more obvious with "Solar, you are clearly looking very pissed right now."

Yongsun exhales softly, trying to smile even though it was clear to Byul the smile was fake.

"Hani, why are you still here? I thought you should be helping the others right now."

"Oh, right, sorry."

She's finally taking her leave and making her way towards the other members across the room. But then she stopped midway, turned around and said, "I'll see you tomorrow, Byulyi-ssi." Sending one of her smiles that Byul believe it would melt any guys - but it doesn't seem like Yongsun would share the same idea with her.

Byul chuckles and being a polite student she replied, "Of course, sunbaenim." Also not forgetting another charming smile.

As if on cue, the president turn her way from Byul and this time Byul had to stop her from walking away.

"Can we have lunch together?" She quickly asked.

Yongsun was about to say 'no' but then she asks, "Your homemade lunch?"

"My homemade lunch."

"Okay, but just let me get you at your class. Every time you come to mine, the whole class won't stop trying to steal you away."

Yongsun have shown more sides of her to Byul; sides

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter