FINAL CHAPTER (Part 1)

Let's not Fall in Love

A/N:I haven't finished writing the chapter fully, but because you guys waited for so long, I'll share the first part of the final chapter ^^

the second part is probably gonna be posted this evening/night, BUT I can't promise anything since I'm still working on it ><

please don't kill me for my tardiness! and enjoy!

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧

I stare at the petite girl wrapped around my arms, sleeping soundly with slightly open, unaware of the goofy grin I’m wearing. She’s so beautiful, and I know I’ve said this many times, and I’ll always keep saying this because truth must be heard loud and clear, it must not be hidden or discarded, and truth is, Sandara Park is beautiful. You look into her eyes once, and you know you’re screwed, because you’ve been caught in her web, and once you’re in love with her, there’s no turning back. Either you let her go, like she was never there, or you fight for your feelings, make her see you and know who you truly are, open up to her and reveal it all, and that’s exactly what I did.

Like a blank canvas, I let her paint me, and like the sublime painter she was, I became the world’s greatest work of art to ever exist.

She suddenly stirs in her sleep, and slowly opens her eyes, smiling as she sees me staring at her. I smile back and steal a quick kiss from her.

“God, what time is it?” she says as she rubs her eyes, groaning. I pull her closer and kiss the nape of her neck

“3am” I reply absentmindedly as I shower her face with kisses. As I’m about to give her a peck, she puts her index finger on my lips to stop me and starts giggling at my baffled reaction.

“Easy with the kisses Ji, you may want to save some for later” I smirk and kiss the tip of her index finger to . She rolls her eyes and flicks my forehead with a gentle smile.

“For you Dara, I’d never run out of kisses” I say with a cheeky grin. She tilts her head in a cute way and gives me a light kiss on the lips, totally catching me off guard

“Same goes for me I guess” she laughs at my love-struck reaction and gets up, heading towards the living room. I follow her around, smiling widely at how adorable she looks wearing my shirt.

She looks around at the familiar graphics hanging on every corner of the room, a pensive look on her face

“Fate is really funny” she says gently and sits on the sofa, bringing her legs up to her chest. I cuddle up next to her, and she immediately lays her head on my shoulder

“what’s funny about it?” I ask as I kiss the top of her head.

“I remember when I became a journalist; my first assignment was to score an interview with this entrepreneur named Lee Seunghyun. Of course, the first tries were a failure, he repeatedly refused to see me. Every time I asked, his manager would always tell me he was too busy. At that point, I lost all hope; still, I decided to check his latest public appearances, so I googled him, and stumbled upon a press conference of him celebrating his new partnership with this new refined artist. So Mr.Lee was playing it safe with the questions and had this professionel smile that looked so fake, but this artist, he wore a peaceful smile throughout the whole conference and looked so happy and proud to answer the questions thrown at him. I couldn’t blame him though, because once they put his new piece of art on display, I instantly fell in love. It was sudden and unexpected, but so real. His art was loud, -unlike his calm exterior-, full of a burning passion that I never knew it existed before. So I checked his other works and God, they were heavenly, and ever since, I became this huge fan that wouldn’t stop watching his interviews. He was so radiant. He made everything pale in comparison, even his thoughts and ideas were out of this world. He was so beautiful, and guess what?” she lifts her head from my shoulder and deeply gazes into my eyes with a feeling I can’t comprehend. With a swift movement, she cups my cheeks and bites her lower lip to stop herself from smiling widely.

“It was you Ji”

I freeze in my spot, staring at her warm honey eyes.

She wasn’t lying when she said she was a fan. She knew me, she really knew me, not as this snobbish proud graphic designer, but as Jiyong, the art lover. And as much as I love what I do, it just feels so amazing to be known as you, away from all the labels and notoriety.

I crack a wide smile and engulf Dara in a tight hug.

“You’re seriously bad for my heart Dara, you may even be the cause of my Death” I laugh and she does too as we lay comfortably on the couch, cuddling.

“You can’t imagine how happy I was when I was assigned to interview you! I had to go through my wardrobe tons of times to find something appropriate to wear that day, even mom laughed at how nervous I was. Gosh, that was embarrassing!” she covers her face in shame and I laugh harder.

"To be honest, I didn't notice you that day" she pouts at my remark but I continue teasing her " I even forgot your name"

"hey!" she slaps my arm playfully as I grin at her failed attempt to look mad.

“I’m not going to lie, you deeply hurt my feelings that day” I whine and she rolls her eyes

“Oh it. You know you deserved the criticism, and I only said that because I care about you” she my cheek lovingly with a bashful smile, sending chills down my spine

“I know baby, I know, and I appreciate it” I pull her closer, until there’s no space left between us “I found myself again, and I can’t thank you enough for that. Thank you for believing in me Dara” I feel a lump forming in my throat, and I force myself to smile, despite the threatening tears.

“I’ve always loved you Ji, as an artist who lured me in with his graphics, and as a person, who’s beautiful and honest and so passionate...” She chuckles heartedly and kisses the tip of my nose. “..and mine! You’re mine Ji!” she shouts too loudly and I immediately shush her, in fear that she may wake the neighbors up. She sticks out her tongue and starts giggling and somehow, that cute giggle makes me feel all sort of things.

“I love you Dara” I blurt out suddenly, feeling overwhelmed with all the emotions I’m feeling. Her smile fades in an instant, and I could recognize fear in her eyes. Fear of what? I’m afraid to ask, and I know she’s determined not to answer.

“I’ll hurt you Ji” she whispers faintly

“You won’t Dara, stop saying that, please” I murmur back, holding her small hands in reassurance.

“I know what I am Ji, and I mean every word I say, I will hurt you” she utters feebly, her words still sinking in.

“What makes you say that? What are you hiding?” she looks away and bites her lower lip, in fear that she may break down any minute.

“I told you not to fall in love with me” her voice sounds weaker now

“You can’t stop love when it happens” I try to explain to make her see the obvious truth: we’re in love. She and I, we’re both in love with each other, but she refuses to meet my eyes, perhaps, in fear that her eyes will reveal everything.

“Why did you fall in love with me Ji?” it’s barely audible when she asks, but I could vividly hear it, the sound of uncertainty and uneasiness.

She looks at me impatiently, waiting for my answer. I could see a mix of anticipation and agony in her eyes, and it hurts. It really hurts to see the woman you love being so weak against something so anonymous yet powerful.

“Why wouldn’t I fall for you Dara?”

“I don’t know, it’s just, I’m not someone worthy of love-” I shut her up with a lingering kiss that takes her back by surprise, but then she soon relaxes and kisses me back vehemently, seemingly needy for my touch, for a kiss that can assure her that I’m here, next to her, full of life and love. I gently break the kiss, my lips still lingering on hers.

“You’re worth all the love in this world Dara, and don’t even let anyone tell you otherwise” I push a lock out of her eyesight and tenderly her cheek.

She lets out a weak cry, followed by a tear. She wipes it quickly and pretends like it never existed. But I can see it, I can see the pain in her eyes, and how fragile she’s feeling at the moment.

“Cry Dara” and she does, she cries her heart out, burying her face in my chest, and I hug her tight all the while her hair.

I’m mad, I’m pissed, I’m insanely going crazy over whatever made my Dara cry, but this is not about me, it’s about her, and the only thing I could do for her now is be there for her.

And so, as the night passes by, we fall asleep in that tiny couch, surrounded by various art displays and a strong love reminding me each second of how lucky I am to have Dara in my life.

But beautiful moments don’t last forever.

The next day, I wake up to an empty spot next to me, and a handwritten letter lying on the table nearby. And that’s when it dawns on me.

She’s gone.

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧