008

how not to fall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Eight [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Mina had no idea that Johnny could have a side like this too.

 

Honestly, the Johnny that she had come to know from the past few days was the annoying guy who went to ridiculously ways to catch her attention never failing to publicly embarrass her too. Before this whole arranged engagement thing happened she didn’t even know who Johnny was but she knew the rumors about the irresponsible, playful and annoying Student’s Council President that was always dating a new girl each month. That was the Johnny that everyone from Sevit High School knew.

 

However, for the entire evening the Johnny in front of her was another completely different Jonny.  Even though most of her friends were there, Johnny hadn’t left her side. What had impressed Mina the most was that so far there was no signal of funny jokes or big demonstrations of his “interest” for her. He was acting like a gentlemen and she could see a glimpse of the serious boy that had asked her for a chance, for two weeks to change her mind. Mina had began to think that she had imagined that guy but was proving her wrong once again.

 

She watched Johnny while he calmly discussed the state of his father’s business with the EXO’s captain Kim Junmyeon. She didn’t know that he could manage to have a serious conversation with someone. She would have thought that he was trying to impress the EXO team but from what she had gathered Johnny seemed to be close to all of them already. The way he interacted and introduced her to the EXO players indicated that her fiance was close with all of them.

 

She felt her face burning up when she remembered the way Johnny had touched her shoulder lightly and introduced her as a very important person to him to the EXO players. She felt a fuzzy, warm feeling in the pit of ther belly. And the worst of it all was that she had liked the way Kim Junmyeon had congratulated them on their relationship. She didn’t feel ashamed or angry.

 

Mina looked up at her fiance’s face as if for the first time, as if she had just woke up, as if she had put on new glasses.

 

Sure she had noted how handsome he looked today without the Sevit uniform. He was stylish but without being too exaggerated. He looked classy and she liked that their fashion style matched each other well... And his hair… Did his hair always looked this soft?

 

Johnny looked down at her probably noticing that she was staring, he gave her a quick interrogating smile. “Are you okay? You look sort of pale?” His voice was so soft.  She liked it so much better when he wasn’t screaming or talking loudly.   

 

She shook her head and looked away feeling herself blushing.

 

God, what was going on with her today?

 

Mina looked up at Johnny again. If only he could be this Johnny everyday she could she herself accepting him…  Not loving him but maybe… Maybe she could give him a real change after all?

 

Apparently this karaoke bar was part of a chain owned by EXO’s Byun Baekhyun’s family. So apparently they were allowed to do whatever they wanted here. Alcoholic drinks were being served even though most of the Sevit students there weren’t allowed to drink yet. While Johnny and the rest of the NCT players were happily drinking, Taeyong had slapped Haechan’s hands away from the drinks at least 20 times now. Nayeon giggled at their interactions. Taeyong acted towards him as any older brother would.  

 

Park Chanyeol came over with a goofy smile spread across his face and she couldn’t help but smile back at him. “Hey, do you want a beer? It’s nice when it’s this cold” He offered one while struggling to hold all the beer cans on his long arms. Nayeon quickly took one of the blue cans away from him, scared that he would let all of the cans fall on her.

 

She was watching the goofy giant make his round around the other girls offering them beer when someone snatched the beer from her hands. She looked up to see Taeyong’s stern face staring right back at her. Oh wow, okay so that’s how Haechan must have felt.

 

As if he had noticed that he had embarrassed her expression quickly softened. “Just don’t drink, please?” He shyly asked her.

 

“I wasn’t going to… But he offered and I didn’t want to be rude”

 

“Sheesh… What’s wrong with him? Offering a drink to an underage girl so carelessly” He said angrily.  His eyes following Park Chanyeol's figure from across the room. Nayeon looked away feeling her face burning up. Was he really worrying about her? He didn’t seem to have a problem with the other girls drinking.

 

“Aish hyung isn’t it obvious that Park Chanyeol sunbaenim likes her? He was just trying to catch her attention here” Haechan said in his careless manner and Nayeon felt that she could die of embarrassment.

 

She was pretty sure that Park Chanyeol was only being nice to her and had no ulterior motives. But before she could say something, Taeyong slapped the back of the younger boy head. “I’m going to the bathroom” He said storming off the room.

Nayeon watched the NCT’s captain until he left the room before turning to the younger boy sitting beside her. “Why did you say that? Do you like getting hit?”

 

Haechan laughed at her before replying. “It’s my role to piss them off but I didn’t know he would get this angry! Are you two dating or what?”

 

She blushed furiously while fiercely denying with her head. “Stop saying nonsense!” She said decided that she should go talk with Jihyo or Jungyeon and wait for Taeyong to comeback.

 

Mina had taken a seat beside Nayeon but her eyes always found Johnny’s from across the room. The older boy was busily talking to his friends and she decided to she didn’t want to listen more business talk. This wasn’t one of father’s dinners.

 

“Sorry Mina I have to go talk to him… About school stuff… Yeah, important school stuff it can’t wait!“ Nayeon gave said giving this dumb excuse and rushing towards the captain of the NCT team.They definitely needed to talk about this. She had been so surprised to see her roommate and Lee Taeyong chatting like old friends. Since when did they know each other? And why did they look so close? She thought Nayeon liked Park Jinyoung?

 

Once again she caught Johnny’s eyes, that were watching the interaction between her roommate and Lee Taeyong with a playfully smile on his lips. When Johnny met her stare he smiled at her across the room and she couldn't help herself but to shyly smile back at him.

 

“It’s okay I’ve also been there” Mina looked startled at the boy by her side. The way he had just talked to her indicated that she was supposed to know who he was but…She couldn’t remember a time they had ever spoken to each other. She knew him as the guy who had been slapped with a piece of paper by Kim Dahyun. Hm… What was was his name again?

 

He probably had guessed by the look of shock on her face that she had no idea who he was. “I’m the Vice President of the Student’s Council, Jaehyun. And if there’s one person that know how you’re feeling right now is me”

 

She highly doubted that, Mina thought to herself. Unless like her, he had developed weird feeling for their President, suddenly thinking he was a model or a prince, because that’s how she was feeling right now.

 

“What do you mean?” She asked slowly.

 

“Did you know that I had no ambitions to be part of the Student's Council? But Johnny kept insisting that I was the only one who could be his 2nd in command” Jaehyun rolled his eyes annoyed at the memory. “I thought he acted like a spoiled brat. How could he be Student Council president?“ That was a question that Mina asked herself almost everyday. “But then I saw how he quickly dealt with a serious problem one of our NCT players had and I understood that there are many sides to him”.

 

“If only he wouldn’t act like a clown everyday…”

 

“I know it’s hard to believe but I think he has changed for better since you two started seeing each other he started appearing on council meetings and now he at least know what we are talking about there!” Jaehyun looked at her very gratefully. “Thanks to you I think he matured a bit, you’re good to him”

“He’s a awful president isn’t he?” She said looking at her fiance laugh at a joke Byun Baekhyun had just told him.

 

“Yup, he’s the worst. But nobody has his charisma and connections. Honestly that guy always finds a way to get what he wants” Jaehyun said sound a little bit jealous. Of what? She didn’t know and frankly she didn’t really care. She barely noticed when Jaehyun left her side seconds after. She was looking at Johnny again with Jaehyun's sentence replaying on her head.

 

He always get what he wants

 

A part of her was happy and kind of proud that she had somehow influenced Johnny to change but there was also a part of her, a part that she was trying her best to ignore, that told her that Johnny only saw her as thing that he needed to have.

 

As a prize that he could show off after he had conquered her.


 

Nayeon never reached Taeyong. Before she knew what was happening she had her back against a wall with two of her furious friends staring at her. Oops, being cornered by Jihyo and Jungyeon at the same time meant a full on interrogation. They were getting all the information they wanted from her at all costs.

She looked around for help but only caught Sana and Momo drunkenly dancing with their equally drunk boyfriends, Yuta and Ten, dancing with them. Nayeon sighted, they wouldn't be of much help anyways…

 

“Guys, not now… Don’t you guys have better things to do? Like, Hm, I don’t know maybe be with your boyfriends?” She said nervously. She cursed both Doyoung and Hansol mentally. She was going to die now because everyone was so useless.

 

“They’re busy with their idols…” Jihyo said dismissively. “This is not what is important right now!”

 

“The only thing that matters right now is you and Taeyong!” Jungyeon said sounding exasperated. “What is going on between you two?”

 

“Please Jungyeon, they’re obviously dating in secret! But when were you thinking in telling us?”

 

“First of all, we’re not dating we’re just friends okay?” Nayeon said firmly to Jihyo who only rolled her eyes at her.

 

“We’ve know each other since we’re little kids, Nayeon. I know when you’re in love with someone,” Jihyo said seriously. Woah, love? Who said anything about love? Love was such a strong word.

 

“Please, did you see the way he looks at you?” Jungyeon said. “The way you two look at each other? It’s obvious to anyone in this room”.

 

“We’re not dating” She said less firmly now.

 

“Are you hiding your relationship because you’re scared of what Jinyoung will say?”

 

“Is it Jaebum? He hates the NCT team more than anything in the world…” At the mention of her annoying cousin she got angry. She had completely forgotten about what had happened earlier today. Before she left to watch the game…

 

“Why are you guys bullying her?” Park Chanyeol’s he had a big cheerful smile on his face. When their eyes met, Nayeon mentally tried to ask him for help.

 

“She’s our best friend why would we be bullying her?” Jihyo said putting her hands on her hips and looking defensively at the giant.

 

He looked at Jihyo for a couple of seconds before replying. “Aren’t you Doyoung’s girlfriend? I think he’s passed out on the bathroom. Had too much of drink” And then turned to Jungyeon. “Hansol was also there I think they might need some help”

 

Jihyo rolled her eyes. “Why does he insist on drinking if he can’t even hold in a beer?”

 

“We’re not over yet, Im Nayeon” Jeongyeon said pointing at her. She watched while her two friends hurried to door finally leaving her be. Yep, for now she was safe but sooner or late she was going

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter