001

how not to fall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]One[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]

Sevit High School was part of the top five when it came to elite schools in South Korea. This was the the school were sons and daughters of ambassadors, ministers and powerful businessman went to. Sevit High School distinguished itself from the other elite schools in South Korea for its outstanding sports curriculum. Mainly the basketball team.

 

Since 1996, the NCT Basketball team had won 16 National Championship and currently held the record of 36-6 over IKON’s. NCT was synonymy of Sevit High School and for that reason the school invested millions every year in the team. Not only that, but they made sure that all players carried the perfect image of what Sevit students should be to other schools. This meant that anyone who wanted to be part of the team or even play in the National Championship should stay clear of any scandals and most importantly, achieve passing grades in all subjects.

 

It didn’t matter if you were only in the bench or the captain of the team, you still needed to have at least 60% in all subjects to be able to play. And this is what brought Lee Taeyong to stand in front of the Student’s Council office today. As the NCT’s Captain, he couldn't let his players - or anyone else in the school for that matter! - know that he was failing World History.

 

Taeyong stood in front of the Students Council office hesitant. Even though he knew that the person who could help him was right in there, there was also another person part of the student’s committee that he would very much like to avoid today. Today, tomorrow, all year if he could help to.

 

Taking a deep breath he entered in the room.

 

Luckily enough, the person he was looking for was sitting right in front of him. Taking his eyes away from his iPad, Jung Jaehyun looked up to him surprised.  “Great, you’re here! Jaehyun I need your help w-” He didn’t have time to finish his sentence before a very loud voice came from behind him.

 

“Greetings my cute junior! What can I do for you today? I assure you that as the Students Council president I will do anything in my reach to help you achieve your goals and -” Taeyong cut him out by pushing him away.

 

“I don’t have time for this today, Johnny” Taeyong said, massaging his temples. It was amazing how the President of the Student’s Council always managed to give him a headache in a couple of seconds.

 

“Eh, I can see that you’re troubled by something. Why don’t you let Johnny here take care of this for you?”

 

“Seriously, how can you be the President and be like this?” Jaehyun butted in. It was cringe worthy see a 18 year old boy acting all cute, especially when it was obvious that he was trying too hard.

 

“Well, I’m sorry that girls like me, Jaehyun”

 

“A lot of girls here need to go see a doctor” Taeyong said under his breath.

 

“Whatever. Ignore him.” Jaehyun said rolling his eyes at the older boy, who apparently was over this conversation and was now sitting on his  chair busily tapping on his iPhone. “Anyways, what are you doing here? I thought we only had practice on friday?”

 

“Uh yeah, this is not about basketball though”

 

“What is it?”

 

“I need your help with something.” Jaehyun nodded. “It needs to be a secret okay?” He said lowering his voice.

 

“Sure” He said, allowing Taeyong to whisper on his left ear. He proceded to very carefully to talk about his problem. He didn't want the nosy president knowing about this. 

 

“Oh my god, the captain of the NCTs is failing and under the risk of having to bench out for this season? Wow, this is juicy”.

 

“Johnny!” Both Taeyong and Jaehyun said in unison.

 

“It’s really not my fault that you guys are sharing a secret in such a quiet room. In my presence nonetheless!” Johnny said pretending to feel attacked.

 

“This is not a joke, Johnny” Taeyong said serious and trying not to look scared. He trusted Johnny to keep a secret as much as he trusted a dog with a tennis ball.

 

“You have to promise that this piece of information won’t leave this room. Ever. Do you understand?” Jaehyun said in his businesslike manner.

 

“I feel offended that you two think that I, the President of this school-”

 

“You’re not the President of the school” Jaehyun said tired. This was a phrase that he had to repeat at least 3 times per day.

 

But Johnny carried on as if Jaehyun’s voice had been only a fly. “- would do something to jeopardize NCT’s star  player!”

 

“Good. We’re trusting you”

 

“Anyways, I’m sure that with Jaehyun’s help my grades will go back to normal in a matter of time” Taeyong said feeling more confident about this whole thing.

 

“Hm, about that,” Jaehyun looked unsure. “I’m afraid I won’t be able to tutor you this time, Taeyong”

 

“What? Why?”

 

“I have too much on my plate right now. It’s hard enough trying to consolidate basketball with Student’s council work. And I also have my grades to think of.” Taeyong nodded. He understood. Jaehyun was one of the most hard working students of Sevit High School, it wouldn't be fair to ask more of him. “Have you tried the tutor centre yet? Maybe someone there can help you?” Jaehyun suggested.

 

Taeyong shook his head. “The whole point of asking you to help me was because I trust you to keep a secret. I can’t just go in there and ask some nerd to teach me and expect them not to spill to the whole school. It could cost me my position on the team”

 

“I know, I’m sorry. It was only a suggestion. What are you going to do, then?”

 

Taeyong didn’t reply. His only option was to try and look up all the material he had missed on and maybe work extra hard on classes to up his grade. Maybe he would get 50% and maybe, maybe he could argue with his coach about 50% be enough to keep him on the team.

 

“What if told you that I have a solution for your little problem?” Johnny said, raising from his chair with a creepy smile on his lips.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter