Chapter 7

Paths Crossed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The morning passed slowly to Yoon who was stuck in a meeting. At some point, everyone forgot the point of the meeting to start talking about the murder of Choi Jong Won. Everybody would give their opinions about Hongbin being arrested and suggesting what could actually have happened. Some of the statements were just ridiculous but Yoon ignored it all by messaging Seung Jin. If she was on her phone, they wouldn’t try to talk with her either.

                Yoon – You’re home today?

                Jin Oppa~ - Yes, I got a day off. Should I get some take away food for dinner?

                Yoon – You should try and cook, Seung Jin.

                Jin Oppa~ - I’ll get chicken from the place you like then.

Yoon smiled at the phone.

Is that your boyfriend? – Yongchan whispered from her side. No. – Yoon shook her head.

Yoon – You do that, pabo.

Jin Oppa~ - I’ll rest all day so we can watch movies at night. Work hard!~ I love you!

Jin Oppa~ - I bet you’re all smiles right now so could you get me some sea weed and black tea? I have this colleague from another department I want to flirt with.

Yoon rolled her eyes and, as someone talked from behind her, she woke up front her thoughts and jumped in her chair.

Since yesterday Hongbin-ssi got a sandwich, should you treat me lunch today? – She turned to see Kyung Sung behind her. I’ll offer you my company if you pay and the food is good. – Yoon played as she got up, realizing everybody was leaving the meeting room. So it’s a date? – The older guy smiled. Stop that. – Yoon walked in front of him and in direction to her office. – Let me just get my wallet.

•But aren’t I paying?

I don’t want you telling everybody you went on a date with me.

***

In the car, Yoon noticed the man holding the steering wheel tighter than usual.

Hongbin-ssi is completely in love with his noona. – He commented.

•Hm? – Yoon asked confused.

He was happy with your sandwich. – Kyung Sung took 1 second to look at her before looking at the road again. – He wants to see you again. It’s illegal for me to see him. – Yoon reminded herself more than the lawyer. – Plus, I have nothing to say to him.

•You and me were his only visits.

Yoon giggled ironically. – I can’t even cook for myself or the man living with me.

That’s because you haven’t tried yet.

She rolled her eyes. – Whatever. I won’t be his mom.

•Be his noona.

Just drive me to some sushi place already. – Yoon mumble, punching his arm playfully.

***

Yoon walked alone inside the firm’s building since Kyung Sung needed to meet with a client. As she walked through the office, she noticed the 5 tall men standing in front of her office. The guys from two days ago in the police station.

What the hell are you doing here? – She looked in confusion to them, noticing a scared Yongchan behind them. Hwang Yoon. – The light-skin men turned to her. – Could you visit Hongbin-ah? What? No. – Yoon answered trying to pass through them to her office. Let’s talk. – The darkest one asked her. I don’t- No. – As she thought she was about to open the door to her office, one of them walked between her and the door. Can we get in and talk? – He asked her. I don’t know if you noticed but I’m working. And I have someone else working in the same room as me. Also, you’re 5 tall guys and 7 people in this room would just be claustrophobic so can you leave? No. – He shook his head. He had such a cute face. I actually think your colleague is really cute so let’s all get in, please. – One of them screamed from behind the other ones.

•So keep your mouth shut.

•We’re here for Hongbinnie!

I don’t know what you want from me but I have nothing that belongs to Lee Hongbin so leave, please.

After some seconds realizing they weren’t going to leave, she started walking to a meeting room with them following her. Everybody in the firm would look at her and the line of tall men behind her.

Mommy duck, where are you going with your line of little duck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter