Chapter 1

Paths Crossed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hongbin looked at his wristwatch. 8:40pm. He told everyone at the dorm he was leaving but never told them he’d be coming back so late. He rarely got out of the dorm alone. He was the one who was always around. Not that night.

His foot started knocking the floor unconsciously as he looked up at the sky. He looked again at his hand that was holding a massive bouquet of bright sunflowers. He took a deep breath as his phone rang, interrupting his thoughts.

Kim Manager-nim.

He looked at his own phone with a confused look on his face.

Manager-nim? – He picked up. Hongbin-ssi? – His ex-manager who once shared a dorm with him and the rest of the members sounded breathless. – Hongbin-ssi, I need you to transfer the money right now. Ah. – Hongbin mumbled after finally understanding what the man was talking about. – Can I do it tomorrow morning? It will be the first thing I’ll do. No. – He could almost hear the other man swallow. – I need you to do it now.

Hongbin nodded like the manager could see it. – Okay. – He ended up agreeing.

***

Yoon finished saving the documents she had just worked on before allowing herself to take a deep breath and get comfortable in the massive chair she was sitting in. She looked around to an empty office and noticed one light on a few rooms from hers. She stared at the computer for a while before turning it off.

While she picked up her stuff and placed it randomly back in her bag, she smiled to herself. There was only one other person who could be working until this late.

She got up leaving her room with her stuff and walked through the dark corridors, stopping in front of the one with the light on. The whole office was made with glass walls and she could see inside. She recognized a big figure bowing at a computer.

Yoon opened the glass door carefully and stared at the man working on the desk, smiling to herself.

You should go home. – She ended up almost whispering.

The said man smiled and before looking at her, looked at his phone.

It’s already 8:40pm. – He opened his mouth in surprise. – Should I give you a ride? No, it’s okay. – She shook her head. – I’ll have some ramen at a convenience store before going home. I’m hungry. – Kyung Sung noticed with a giggle.

Yoon showed him her smile before closing the door. She started walking to the elevator.

***

Hongbin stared at the ATM in front of him before getting his phone.

It’s done. – He told his ex-manager using kakaotalk.

He noticed the groupchat of s didn’t have any new messages. They were probably all together while he was in the middle of the street.

He looked around the street. Thanks to Kim manager, he was farther from where he wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter