Chapter 4

Paths Crossed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Yoon-ah? – Yoon heard her name being called at the same time her office door was open. Yes? – She turned her eyes from the computer to Kyung Sung peeking at the door.

He entered the room and bowed at her colleague before sitting in front of her desk.

Hwang Yoon. Are you the witness to Mr. Choi’s murder? – He asked, placing in front of her his contract with some Jellyfish Entertainment. What’s this? – She held the papers in her hands. – Jelly… Jellyfish? – She tried to read the name she didn’t recognize. I am Lee Hongbin’s lawyer. Oh. – She nodded and placed the papers on the desk again, turning her attention to her computer. – Okay. He wants to meet with you.

Yoon felt surprised and remember how scary he looked at the police station. But outside, she giggled and kept looking at her computer. – Why would we meet?

Please, Yoon-ah. I don’t know what he wants but it can help me win this case. Kyung Sung. – Yoon looked to him this time. – The victim whispered his name and “help me” before dying. Nothing will help you, I’m sorry. Just try to get out of this. I never lost a case before. – He almost whispered. – Please, think about it.

Yoon followed him with her eyes as he left the room.

That’s scary. – Her colleague whispered from her own desk, getting Yoon’s attention. – He probably wants to threaten you. Or give you money to change your story. Either way, I’ll never know. I won’t meet with him. But on the other side, - Yongchan started with a little smile. – He’s really cute. He’s the visual to his group, sunbae! Let me tell you, Yongchan-sshi. – Yoon flashed back to the day before. – Behind bars, he doesn’t look that cute.   So, - Hongbin started. He didn’t move his eyes from Officer Song’s office and he knew for sure his roommate didn’t move hearing his words. – What’s your name? You’ll never know. – He heard the older man giggle. You know, just two days ago I shared a house with 5 handsome and tall guys. And now I’m here with you, ahjussi. – Hongbin remembered s.

What are they even thinking of me right now? – He shook his head trying to shake away those thoughts.

His new roommate laughed loudly. – Well, I feel bad to tell you but you’re here stuck with me now, kid. And we’re not bounding.

At that moment, Officer Song got out of his office and walked to open the cell. – Stop laughing, Park. You’re a mess.

At that moment, Hongbin looked at his roommate and gave him the closest thing to a smile he could pull at the moment. – Park.

And you, kid. – The officer pointed to Hongbin who instantly felt scared. – Your lawyer is here to talk with you.

As he walked Hongbin out of the cell to another room, Hongbin heard him mumble. – I don’t even know how someone can believe you’re coming out of here.

***

Yoon heard her phone ring and kept typing on her computer until it felt like the phone wouldn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter