Chapter 3

Paths Crossed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoon woke up with her phone ringing and it seemed to early to ring. But she noticed it was already 1pm.

-          Hello? – She answered the call when she didn’t recognize the number.

-          Ms. Hwang Yoon? – She heard a male voice in the other side of the line. – I’m Officer Song and I wanted to ask you if you can visit the station today.

-          Aham… - Yoon quickly sat in bed. – Sure. Yes.

-          Get here as soon as you can, please.

-          Yes. – She agreed before hanging up.

Yoon lifted her hands to cover her face. She felt like a total mess. She felt so sleepy and tired and her head was so heavy.

As she made her way to the kitchen, she noticed a big male body lying on her couch and smiled at the familiar figure.

-          Oppa – She petted his hair. – Go to bed.

He mumbled something before open one of his eyes. – Yoon! You’re home!

-          Well, yes. – Yoon smiled at how adorable he looked. – I was here before you get home.

-          Yoon-ah! – He smiled and pulled her, making Yoon sit next to his lying body. – I’m so tired.

-          Go to bed and sleep more. I have to get to the police station.

-          Why? – Seung Jin opened his both eyes. – Why?

-          They asked me to.

-          I’ll go with you. – He sat quickly but felt dizzy and laid again.

-          You stay.

Yoon got up and had breakfast. When she walked through the living room again, Seung Jin was asleep again.

***

-          Hey, a new kid. – Hongbin heard a voice next to him making him role his eyes.

He spent all night sitting next to the bars, staring at the wall in front of him. The floor was cold and the place had no illumination apart from the windows outside the cell. A guard would pass every 10 minutes, ignoring him.

When the officer left him inside the cell, he noticed a man sleeping in the corner but the man didn’t even move. Even when Hongbin screamed. Even when Hongbin cried and punched his own thighs.

-          Good morning, kid. – He heard the man again. – Are you deaf?

-          Lee Hongbin. – Officer Song stopped in front of the cell, eyeing Hongbin. – You still have a call to make.

Hongbin looked to the man, feeling his eyes tired front crying and not sleeping. He felt exhausted.

-          Don’t you have a mother to call?

Hongbin looked away and thought about his mother. What would she think? What would his manager think? Would he get fired? Did s believe he killed a man? And who the hell is Choi Jong Won?

-          Making faces to the wall won’t take you out of here, kid. – His roommate told him.

-          Don’t talk to me. – Hongbin faced the wall like it kept every secret he needed to know to get out of there.

-          You’re not really friendly.

For the rest of the hour, his roommate didn’t talk to him again and he was satisfied by it. But Officer Song came back.

-          I’m on my way to confirm you were in the crime scene. – He smiled to Hongbin.

-          What crime! – Hongbin screamed for the whole station. – Get me out of here, now!

-          Call your lawyer and ask him about that. But I don’t think it will be that easy, spoiled kid.

***

-          We already arrested our suspect but we’re go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter