Chapter 2

Paths Crossed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hongbin opened his eyes wide and looked for the woman who was crossing the road. She was staying still in the middle of the crosswalk. She was okay. Everything was okay.

And he turned to the other street and started to walk in the direction of the said street.

Hongbin walked while looking at the sunflowers in his hand.

***

Yoon allowed herself to scream but the sound came out of in the lowest tone. She rose her hands to her head, holding her own hair. Yoon felt terrified as her hands and legs started shaking.

She slowly walked to the body whose foot slightly moved.

Are you- Are you okay? – She almost whispered.

The foot stopped moving as she got closer to the man, noticing he was shoot right in his chest. Yoon bent down noticing the man was still trying hard to breath and was looking at her face.

Ahjussi, can you hear me? – Yoon screamed hysterically. – Ahjussi! Help… - He started talking in English but she didn’t believe he would continue. Ahjussi, - she tried to speak calmer. – I’ll call 911. Hang in there.

She tried to reach for her phone but he grabbed Yoon’s wrist softly, as he was getting weaker and weaker.

Help… E… I’ll help you, let me call 9- Ee… Le… Ee… - He interrupted her. – Hong… Ahjussi! – She screamed, getting her hand back and grabbed her phone in her bloody hands.

Shaking, her fingers typed 9-1-1.

Lee Hongbin. – The man whispered, before coughing and close his eyes. Ahjussi! – She screamed as loud as she could as her call was picked.

***

The ambulance came quickly and so did three cops.

What’s your name, Ms? – The tallest one asked her. He was attractive and his expression looked too calm for the situation. Hwang… - She stared at his expression, looking for a sign of fear. – Hwang Yoon. Ms Hwang, you need to come with us to the police station so you tell us what you saw. – He smiled at her. I just… - She closed her eyes. Yoon was still in shock. – I just heard a shot and found him. You need to say that again in the police station. – His smile got bigger and it was just making her even more scared.

***

Ya! – Yoon heard Seung Jin scream in his deep voice as she picked her phone.

She was already at the police station waiting to be heard.

Hwang Yoon, you should be home already. It’s almost 10pm! Don’t let your oppa worried like crazy! Something happened. – She almost whispered like it was a secret. – A man… - She took a deep breath. – A man got shot. I know. – He answered in the other side like it was the most usual thing.This people were just scaring her even more and she just wanted to go home. I’m at the police station. – Yoon told him. What? Why? – He screamed again. – Did you shoot anybody? No! – She screamed in response but nobody at the police station seemed to notice it. – I saw the man. Who got shot. Oh… … - Seung Jin took a deep breath before talking again. – I’m heading to the hospital now. I was called to check on the man. Call me- Call me when you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter